Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weeping madonna statue

UM-Bot

One of the first paranormal events I was ever involved in, is so strange I must record it for you. Although I am a believer in these things you do have to be careful. The scenario was east London, England, and very briefly, a rough crude drunkard named Alf Bolton approached the newspapers saying he was regularly visited by jesus in dreams and told to heal others of their ill health. Amongst a blaze of publicity he was funded by well wishers in a little office where all could come, for him to lay his hands on their infirmities. I remember joking to famous healer Harry Edwards that he had more visitors than he did!

Seriously, these frauds make genuine healers work so much harder, in fact there are so many of these Madonna statues that weep blood, that I asked a catholic priest with clearance at the Vatican to examine the relevant paper records, He owed me over much help given in a series of difficult exorcisms, and was in no position to refuse, and there is a recognisable pattern that re-occurs here. Often it is a small church that has a declining membership, when suddenly this weeping statue is discovered bringing back the needed congregation, ensuring the economic survival of the church, and power over the community. As in the case of Alf Bolton the East London healer, whom some still insist was genuine, a religious statue in his healing studio wept blood, people said he must be a saint, men gave him much money, and beautiful women shared their bodies with him, for he was a great celebrity.

I used to wonder how could a man with broken unkempt black fingernails, in a dirty shirt and often unshaven with tobacco and alcohol breath, be genuine, and suspiciously collected stories about him, and his affluent lifestyle. and one day on a hunch…. I went to the butchers shop and after questioning the butcher told me that each day before the healer opened up shop he would come in and buy a piece of raw meat, So I borrowed the ladder from the window cleaner, I hid out of sight but capable of seeing into his healing office, and when entering he would rub the meat on the statues face, and over the next while blood would collect and run down the statue, forming droplets.

The same game plan works with holy oil, and I have even seen it done, producing “madonna’s milk” There is another version in the Vatican archives where two holes are drilled into the head at the back of a plaster statue at an angle, so oil when poured in would come out the eyes over a slow period, and we can now add to our collection a crying Madonna! Two small plugs over the holes at back and we have a great cover up as well The lesson here perhaps, is not to believe all that you are presented with, and to think it through.

After the closure of his fraudulent activities, the little studio was taken over by an odd chap who had it as a camera shop, he had an unhealthy way of photographing lots of little boys, and for whatever reason left very abruptly. It was then that the landlord approached me for advise, as the studio had an unwholesome feel to it as if unseen eyes were watching you at all times,

I was not sure an exorcism was needed but agreed under pressure. It was an ideal opportunity to show how these things should be done and with the help of some psychic studies students, we undertook the ceremony and cleared the thick heavy oppressive atmosphere, and gave a full written explanation to the committee at our spiritual centre.

• 4 years later...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Mullen

• a great believer

• MadDog58

• sam1210uk

Dear Whoever you are!

1 question for you..... did you actually ever meet or know Alf Bolton. I can tell from this article that you did not!!!!

Alf Bolton is my partners grandad. I have been with my partner for 10 years now, and was very close to Alf before he passed away. I do not actually believe in alot of this stuff you have been talking about, however 1 person i did believe was Alf. Agreed - there are alot of fraudsters about but Alf, however was not 1 of them!!!!!

Ask yourself - why do you think all these people funded him, why do you think all these people believed?????? Why do you think he had more visitors and more interest than Harry Edwards (whoever he is)??????

On a more serious matter - i cannot believe that you have the front and cheek to speak so ill of the deceased..... bodies of beautiful women were not shared, they were simply healed - whether that be physical or mental pain he was healing.

Another question for you - what was you doing spying into someones private property???? Are you aware this is a criminal offence?????

I myself have seen the weeping statue, being part of such a close family and i can tell you and whoever is reading this - that this was not blood from raw meat - how could this be so, when i actually touched the statue with my own hands and felt that it was bone dry only to then see the statue cry with blood - are you telling me my own pair of eyes are deceiving me????? I must be going mad........ Why would Alf lie to his own family??? he wouldnt and i know that for a fact!

Myself and Alfs family have been deeply offended by this article. I cant believe you have the front and nerve to be so vile about someone that was so very much loved by his family and so many more.

A dad, grandad, husband and much more to many others - and he will always be believed and loved by us all.

Anyone that reads this - please do not take any notice as i have now realised that in fact this is the fraudster, trying to put down someone that was and still is very much above UM_Bot in every single way...

First of all why have you left it 40 years to write UN TRUE things about my father inlaw ?? Starting with his sevice at the healing centre was free of charge , people could leave donatoins if they cared to witch was used for rent and rates !! He never owned his own home , never drove a flash car and never went on any holidays .

Any crying figures was sent away to science labs on the say so of the paper NEWS OF THE WORLD and every one of them came back with NO evidance of fruad !!

Mr Bolton didnt touch a drop of alcohol in his life , so WHY did you say he smelt of alcohol ?? WRONG again

Next thing of concern Mr Boltons widow IS VERY UPSET by the point were you have stated that women used to "trow themself"|at Mr Bolton as you NO so much about Mr Bolton foward me the names of the ladys in question !!

Mr Bolton saw thousands and thousands of people over the years Mr Bolton even vistied Great Ormand Street Hospital (CHILDRENS DEPARTMENT) right up into his late 70s year of age !! YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAVE EVER SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT MR BOLTON ??

Mr Bolton HAS healed thousands and thousands and made people better if not always cured!!

In you statment you have wrote "men gave him much money" foward the names of thease people as your sooooo sure .

Mr Bolton always went to his healing centre dressed in a black suit with a white shirt and tie HOW DARE YOU WRITE THAT MR BOLTON WAS DIRTY WITH DIRTY FINGERNAILS UN SHAVEN WITH A DIRTY SHIRT !!!!

This butcher story you wrote haha how stupid , your saying Mr Bolton went into a butchers shop and the butcher told you Mr Bolton brought raw meat everyday so he could use the blood on the weeping madonna ect ..... WHAT A JOKE T.STOKES HAHAH

Oh and to add to this rubbish you say you borrowed a windows cleaners ladder and quote "i hid out of site capable of seeing into his office " Well how did you manage that when Mr Boltons office overlooked peopls back gardens ?? To be honest it sounds although you are a peeping tom , looking through peoples windows there could of been children present !!!

And on that note you also had a keen interest in the next tennent in the shop who took photos of little boys .. Was you looking through his window aswell ?

To top this off YOU T. STOKES must of felt Mr BOLTON WAS A BIG TREAT TO YOU AND YOUR FELLOW HEALER A "FAMOUS HEALER " HARRY EDWARDS BECAUSE AS YOU WROTE MR BOLTON HAD MORE VISTIORS THEM HIM ... WELL TO ME THAT SAYS IT ALL .. WELL DONE MR BOLTON FOR YOUR GOOD WORK . WE WILL BE SEEKING LEGAL ADVICE ON SLANDER !!

First of all why have you left it 40 years to write UN TRUE things about my father inlaw ?? Starting with his sevice at the healing centre was free of charge , people could leave donatoins if they cared to witch was used for rent and rates !! He never owned his own home , never drove a flash car and never went on any holidays .

Any crying figures was sent away to science labs on the say so of the paper NEWS OF THE WORLD and every one of them came back with NO evidance of fruad !!

Mr Bolton didnt touch a drop of alcohol in his life , so WHY did you say he smelt of alcohol ?? WRONG again

Next thing of concern Mr Boltons widow IS VERY UPSET by the point were you have stated that women used to "trow themself"|at Mr Bolton as you NO so much about Mr Bolton foward me the names of the ladys in question !!

Mr Bolton saw thousands and thousands of people over the years Mr Bolton even vistied Great Ormand Street Hospital (CHILDRENS DEPARTMENT) right up into his late 70s year of age !! YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAVE EVER SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT MR BOLTON ??

Mr Bolton HAS healed thousands and thousands and made people better if not always cured!!

In you statment you have wrote "men gave him much money" foward the names of thease people as your sooooo sure .

Mr Bolton always went to his healing centre dressed in a black suit with a white shirt and tie HOW DARE YOU WRITE THAT MR BOLTON WAS DIRTY WITH DIRTY FINGERNAILS UN SHAVEN WITH A DIRTY SHIRT !!!!

This butcher story you wrote haha how stupid , your saying Mr Bolton went into a butchers shop and the butcher told you Mr Bolton brought raw meat everyday so he could use the blood on the weeping madonna ect ..... WHAT A JOKE T.STOKES HAHAH

Oh and to add to this rubbish you say you borrowed a windows cleaners ladder and quote "i hid out of site capable of seeing into his office " Well how did you manage that when Mr Boltons office overlooked peopls back gardens ?? To be honest it sounds although you are a peeping tom , looking through peoples windows there could of been children present !!!

And on that note you also had a keen interest in the next tennent in the shop who took photos of little boys .. Was you looking through his window aswell ?

To top this off YOU T. STOKES must of felt Mr BOLTON WAS A BIG TREAT TO YOU AND YOUR FELLOW HEALER A "FAMOUS HEALER " HARRY EDWARDS BECAUSE AS YOU WROTE MR BOLTON HAD MORE VISTIORS THEM HIM ... WELL TO ME THAT SAYS IT ALL .. WELL DONE MR BOLTON FOR YOUR GOOD WORK . WE WILL BE SEEKING LEGAL ADVICE ON SLANDER !!

DEAR MR T STOKES,

What did you wish to achieve by posting this clap trap rubbish?

I knew Alf Bolton for 4 years prior to his death,having married his grand-daughter and I can tell you without so much as a shadow of a doubt that whatever abilities Mr Bolton had,one thing he was not was, a fraud to the many people he had helped in his life time, indeed I had several conversations with Alf and my Father-in-law about faith healing and I never hid the fact that I myself was a non believer in such things, the fact still remains that for so many people he was a great source of comfort be it 1pm or 1am he was always there to offer comfort or a sympathetic ear sometimes even to the distraction of his own familiy.

You have made some very alarming claims in your "STORY", indeed claims that cannot be supported by hard facts, (if you have desires to be an investagtive reporter I would suggest you leave them well alone), you say that you interviewed a butcher, do you have a record of that interview, or a signed statement of facts from this man? you also say that you borrowed a window cleaners ladder, do you expect us to beleave that a window cleaner just happened across your location with no windows to clean at that precise moment, CURIOUS ?

you also say that you were spying through a window on Mr Bolton, I am no expert but I fully beleave that this is against the law even so long ago,

you also say that the studio had a heavy atmosphere, was this created by you to earn some sort of credit as an exorcist?

you also made claims against Alf for being a womeniser, fistly where is your evidence to support such slandorous accusations and even if he was guilty of such vile claims how did that affect his ability to help people?

OH and another point for you to mull over, ALF BOLTON never drank alcohol, as he put it "it's the work of the devil" so again you have been

dis-credited.

Although Alf may no longer be with us to defend himself against people like you he does however leave a very large and fiercly loyal family, who will defend him from un-true,vile,scandelous and hurtful accusations and/or comments.

My Name Is Jon Bolton,

The Son of Alfred Arthur Bolton.

For a start, Ive never believed in what my father believed in. However there were alot of "spooky" things that went on in my household that i see with my own eyes. These things scared the hell out of me.

I rememeber the healing centre that my father owned, Beuller Road in Walthamstow.

You claim that you used the window cleaners ladders to look through the windows......... Fair Enough!!!!!

But...... From my memory, the windows were always blacked out, also with thick red curtains that were usually pulled across for my father and his patient and their privacy.

You also state in this article that you met my father - Here you accuse him of smelling of alcohol and cigarettes. I give you your due - He smoked like a trooper, but for as long as I have known him, never have i seen him put a drop of alcohol to his mouth.

You talk in your article about my father receiving large amounts of money and funds. My father actually led a poor life and always did right up until the day he died.

As I said, I never believed it until a week after he had died. Why????

I have a cross that appears on my arm. I dont know why.... I dont know where it comes from.....It certainly scares me...

I have nothing left to say.....

I refer to you stating in your article saying a rough crude drunkard named Alf Bolton approached the newspapers saying he was regularly visited by jesus in dreams and told to heal others of their ill health. Amongst a blaze of publicity he was funded by well wishers in a little office where all could come. Now alf bolton was my grandfather who i like to refer to as gramps i can say he my granfather never drunk I also do believe he was visited in his dreams and was told to heal others witch to the fact i have seen and witness for 25 years of my life he had half a dozen people calling to his home a day people from all over England ive seen kids full of ex ma cometo his house and few months later when they have come back to have none so this is another reason i believe my grandfather is a man of god.

I now refer to u stating I remember joking to famous healer Harry Edwards that he had more visitors than he did!

Why in this case would u say this to a famous healer harry Edwards . If he was such a famous healer as u say he is he would have had more people going to him than my grandfather did oveusely this was not the case or true to my understanding and if it was it just goes to show that more people had faith in my grandfather alf bolton .

You also say in your article

suspiciously collected stories about him, and his affluent lifestyle. and one day on a hunch…. I went to the butchers shop and after questioning the butcher told me that each day before the healer opened up shop he would come in and buy a piece of raw meat, So I borrowed the ladder from the window cleaner, I hid out of sight but capable of seeing into his healing office, and when entering he would rub the meat on the statues face, and over the next while blood would collect and run down the statue, forming droplets.

Now if this was the case and you went out your way as you state you did why if you see my grandfather alf bolton rub meat all over the face of the weeping madonna why did you not have a camera on you so you could show to people that he was doing this if you have seen such a thing why did you let it carry on why not approach the news papers your self and tell them what was going on if you was so concerned about people getting conned why let it carry on i tell you why because you didn't go up no ladder nor did a butcher tell you my grandfather alf bolton went in to his shop and buy meet just before he opened did he its clear so far to me you are a compulsive lyre belive me i still have not made my point with you yet you condictive man.

You also state in your article I used to wonder how could a man with broken unkempt black fingernails, in a dirty shirt and often unshaven with tobacco and alcohol breath, be genuine. Now you have once never stated you have met my grandfather alf bolton so how would you even known he smoked or drunk you would of have had to talk to him @ sum point to smell his breath witch in this case you didn't and have condredicted yourself once again.

After reading your article very carfuly you keep bringing up exorcism u state

After the closure of his fraudulent activities, the little studio was taken over by an odd chap who had it as a camera shop, he had an unhealthy way of photographing lots of little boys, and for whatever reason left very abruptly. It was then that the landlord approached me for advise, as the studio had an unwholesome feel to it as if unseen eyes were watching you at all times,

I was not sure an exorcism was needed but agreed under pressure. It was an ideal opportunity to show how these things should be done and with the help of some psychic studies students, we undertook the ceremony and cleared the thick heavy oppressive atmosphere, and gave a full written explanation to the committee at our spiritual centre.

In my opinion you sound like you are fraudster your self using my grandfather alf bolton a honest man of god to promote your self as a exorcism allot of your article you have wrote you contredik yourself but have put it all together in a very clever way i must say ive seen straight few this . You are using my grandfather as you no he was a well known man for the faith healing he carried out for most of his life to twist people to make them believe you are a exorcism well it don't wash with me it takes one to no one.

• 1 year later...

My Name Is Jon Bolton,

The Son of Alfred Arthur Bolton.

For a start, Ive never believed in what my father believed in. However there were alot of "spooky" things that went on in my household that i see with my own eyes. These things scared the hell out of me.

I rememeber the healing centre that my father owned, Beuller Road in Walthamstow.

You claim that you used the window cleaners ladders to look through the windows......... Fair Enough!!!!!

But...... From my memory, the windows were always blacked out, also with thick red curtains that were usually pulled across for my father and his patient and their privacy.

You also state in this article that you met my father - Here you accuse him of smelling of alcohol and cigarettes. I give you your due - He smoked like a trooper, but for as long as I have known him, never have i seen him put a drop of alcohol to his mouth.

You talk in your article about my father receiving large amounts of money and funds. My father actually led a poor life and always did right up until the day he died.

As I said, I never believed it until a week after he had died. Why????

I have a cross that appears on my arm. I dont know why.... I dont know where it comes from.....It certainly scares me...

I have nothing left to say.....

Reads thread.. notes dates of posts, repeated mistakes & inability to add comments (from all these first and only time posters), and then sudden appearance of Kenneth (2 years later), who suffers from the exact same affliction..

:wacko::blink:

Err... rightoh, then..

backs carefully out of room..

I have a hard time believing that these are family members, just a very bad joke, not failing to mention the bad taste.