Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New 'Champ' lake monster video surfaces

UM-Bot

news icon rResidents near Lake Champlain in New York say they have their own Loch Ness monster. They call it Champ, and it's a local legend. It is the inspiration for parade floats, T-shirts, key chains, minor-league baseball team mascots, and wild stories.

ABC News obtained exclusive video of something just under the surface of the lake that some say may be Champ. The video was taken by two fishermen with their digital camera last summer. Before their supposed sighting, they were Champ skeptics.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: ABC News

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MoonFox

• STIX

• capeo

• dnb420

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I just watched the video. Its very interesting! When it stops and shows the part in the water it kind of looks like 2 flippers pushing water forward...but yeh it definatly is something. If only they had lean'd over the side and filmed it lol.

"These 2 men are not crack pots", LOL haha. Even the news knows how sad some skeptics can get to debunk someone's experience.

It's a bit hard to tell what it is, but those wakes are odd, and these guys have seen alot of stuff in the water I'm sure and they don't even know what it is.

Who knows it may have been an offspring that strayed too far from its parents? The size of it is pretty small to those who purportedly have seen it.

the only thing that makes me wonder is

y are people filming this?

i meen most they a filming and you are like y u filming this unless u knew

so did they see it and then film or did they film coz they new they would see it coz they made it?

Edited by magik boi

It seems similar to sightings in the Okanagen in canada where they have the "Ogopogo"

There have also been sightings of snake-like creatures off the coast of British Columbia that fit the same description of the "Champ" creature.

so did they see it and then film or did they film coz they new they would see it coz they made it?

wtf??

Could you paraphrase that to english please?

Umm...... All I see is a fish caught on a fishing line.

I hear you. Fantastically inconclusive.

To answer Magik Boi's question, guys that go fishing a lot like to bring their video camera's to film their outting. Just like anyone would do if they were on vacation. They use the digital camera to record their " catch " and later go back and be like YEAH ! That was me catching that huge fish, but I guess not in this case they got to use their camera for something else unexpected .lol

wtf??

hes saying did they start filming after they saw it or did they already have the camera ready because they KNEW they would see it cuz they made it thus insinuating that they created it as part of a hoax.

Ok... with some deciphering it seems as though you are saying something along the lines of.... "they would only have filmed this creature if they knew ahead of time it'd be there. Therefore they probably set-up the whole thing...?"

That's just plain silly!!! I know that whenever I go someplace I make sure I have my camera and/or camcorder with me.

There is nothing unusual about the fact that these fisherman keep cameras with them.

Whenever I go boating, or hiking, etc. my cameras are always with me.

So if one day while I am hiking I happen to see bigfoot running off, and I whip out my camcorder and get some crappy footage of him, does that mean I planned the whole thing b/c people only bring cameras on boat/hiking/outdoors trips if they are planning a hoax?!?!

That's just silly to think.

Didn't the story say they took the footage with a cellphone? Or am I imagining that?

they used a digital camera. mine records video too. you don't need a video camera or a cell phone. the bad thing is most digital cameras don't record video as well as video cameras would. which is probably why they didn't get good picture past the water or weren't able to get a good setting.

Maybe if the fish were twice its size, I would start comparing it to the alleged Loch Ness. This fish is too small to look like a submerged mythical monster. But it does look to big to be a fish, and so I think it may just be one of those undiscovered fish from the jurassic age :lol: . We should start an expedition down Lake Champlain!

they used a digital camera. mine records video too. you don't need a video camera or a cell phone. the bad thing is most digital cameras don't record video as well as video cameras would. which is probably why they didn't get good picture past the water or weren't able to get a good setting.

Also you're only allowed a certain amount of time to record on digital cameras. At least thats how mine is. I forget how much it allows... maybe a minute or 2? But not long enough to get decent footage.

Anybody out on Lake Champlain would take a camera. It's just common sense.

It looked fairly big if you ask me. The shot by the boat you can see the head and a very long neck, the rest of the body looks like it was directly under the boat.

I think its a serpent type thing and doesn't have a body

that video had some interesting footage, why dont they send a camera down in a little sub boat an run it along the bed of the water see if they do catch something then, they did that at loch ness i think too.

• 1 month later...

My dad and I watched that when it came out. Ya see, my dad doesn't really believe in sea serpents and lake monsters very much...until he watch the video. Now he believes that there is definitely something in that lake!

'Tis authentic, I believe! -nods-