Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christianity Has Failed

PLO

all religions these days are so full of BS that i have just given up and started praying to Zeus (no joke, i am Greek after all)

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zandore

• Sherapy

• Bluefinger

• Bella-Angelique

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

all religions these days are so full of BS that i have just given up and started praying to Zeus (no joke, i am Greek after all)

Greek people prayed to Roman gods too. They prayed to the Hebrew and Christian God as well. Whats nationality have to do with it? Oh, and religion isn't BS. Its power that enables wicked people to take up the title 'religious' and use it to their own means.

:tu: I love it! It's a powerful Icon to self empowerment, to imagine one's god in the image and likeness of themselves.

No, PLO. Chrisianity did not fail. Neither did Islam or Judaism. Also, Cristians, Moslems and Jews did not fail.

So, who did fail? HUMANITY.

The majority of Christians do not behave acording the Bible teaching. Neither do Moslems.

I know, I am one of them. And I am proud to be a Moslem.

But I am ashamed when people like Osama bin Laden say they are Moslems. That he is doing al the terror in the name of Allah djelesanuh.

Moslems have sympathy with Sadam Husein. Why? During the war in Bosnia he sent weapon and money to...... his very best friend (guzni) Milosevic ( a Christian ) who by the way tried to kill al the moslem population in Bosnia.

What a paradox. So should we judge people by their faith or by their actions?

Should we judge a religion by the action of its followers or should we judge a religion by its teachings?

Moslems have sympathy with Sadam Husein. Why? During the war in Bosnia he sent weapon and money to...... his very best friend (guzni) Milosevic ( a Christian ) who by the way tried to kill al the moslem population in Bosnia.

I did not know that. TY for the info.

I can't help but laugh...people are still posting to PLO and the dude has prolly left the forum for good...its been a while since he has posted here :D

• 2 weeks later...

Christianity has basicaly failed, Islam hasnt. Why is this?

What you mean christanity had failed and islam hasnt? I dont belive that christinanity has failed. it aint over till its over

• 1 year later...
Christianity has basicaly failed, Islam hasnt. Why is this?

Christian are just as strong now as they were in the past. It might seem like islam has not failed but in the end they will all end up in (HELL). Because of their false Doctrine. (REVELATION, 20:15)-And anyone not found written in the BOOK of LIFE was cast in to the lake of fire. The New King (HOLY BIBLE).

Talk about raising the dead.... :lol::D.

Fact: Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.

Why? No idea.

Fact: Christianity has stopped growing in the USA.

Why? Because of the ability to sin at least 500 times a minute and then forget exactly what it was you did wrong.

Fact: Countries where people are persecuted for their beleif in Christ are where Christianity continues to grow.

Why? Because matyrs are the seeds of faith. Its like the Hydra: cut off one head and two grow in its place!

I am a Christian. Lutheran to be exact. But lets not get into inter-denominatory wars with each other, it defeats the point! (I actually like the idea of each community having a church, and not looking at the others rules, just following the Bible, so that there would never be any dispute over "who's better", sorry, ranting...)

Islam may be rising fastest, but did Christianity not also have its day? When it gets "popular", then you have a problem (maybe). If the Americans (yes, I am saying that my own country is very wishy-washy) gives up on that idea, then it no longer gets to grow as fast.

And if Jesus isn't the son of God, but a prophet, then why did he say he was the son of God?

Also, yes, Jesus was a prophet. Look up the original meaning of the word.

TTFN - Ta ta for now!

Fact: Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.

Why? No idea.

Fact: Christianity has stopped growing in the USA.

Why? Because of the ability to sin at least 500 times a minute and then forget exactly what it was you did wrong.

Fact: Countries where people are persecuted for their beleif in Christ are where Christianity continues to grow.

Why? Because matyrs are the seeds of faith. Its like the Hydra: cut off one head and two grow in its place!

I am a Christian. Lutheran to be exact. But lets not get into inter-denominatory wars with each other, it defeats the point! (I actually like the idea of each community having a church, and not looking at the others rules, just following the Bible, so that there would never be any dispute over "who's better", sorry, ranting...)

Islam may be rising fastest, but did Christianity not also have its day? When it gets "popular", then you have a problem (maybe). If the Americans (yes, I am saying that my own country is very wishy-washy) gives up on that idea, then it no longer gets to grow as fast.

And if Jesus isn't the son of God, but a prophet, then why did he say he was the son of God?

Also, yes, Jesus was a prophet. Look up the original meaning of the word.

TTFN - Ta ta for now!

why did jesus call himself the son of man ?

Jesus was called Son of God 13 times in the Bible but 83 times as the Son of Man

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Christianity hasn't failed at all. It hasn't failed me. It hasn't failed anyone of Faith.

The Cross was Victorious! Satan thought he had won when they crucified Christ...he didn't realize it was the last nail in his eternal coffin. Jesus set man free from the curse of Satan. Therefore Christianity is an overwhelming success.

'Beckys_Mom' date='Mar 31 2006, 03:29 PM' post='1128830'] "I can't help but laugh...people are still posting to PLO and the dude has prolly left the forum for good...its been a while since he has posted here."

I have only now chanced upon this posting which has 31 pages of mainly practising Christians and not thrilled ex- Christians debating on the Failure of Christianity. .. have not read all 31 pages, but skimmed.

BM has a strong point. And this is the second time I noticed that Muslims post provocative statements that have us examining our navels and taking the question seriously, eventually drawing both pro- and ex- Christians, fervent and militantly anti - Christian people into debate.

With the PLO flag and name blatantly displayed, this forum is yet again getting into the joys and woes of being Christian. While this is great for free speech and a good examination of faith and doctrine, history and varieties of approaches, it is also feeding a possible group of fanatics with information on the fault lines, areas of disagreement and downright unhappiness with aspects of Christanity for their exploitation.

Political correctness needs to be cogniscent of malevolence and glee at the naive tell-all that may be detrimental to Christianity in general.

Of course, we have a strong sense of humour and hopefully a good degree of maturity. But.

31 pages!

why do we isolate ourselves from one another? we are all the same!!! these ideologies that we die over has got to stop or we will never know peace only war and death.

Awesome! I love Zeus!

Zeus is the air, Zeus the earth, Zeus all things and what transcends them all. ---- Aeschylus

:tu:

Christian are just as strong now as they were in the past. It might seem like islam has not failed but in the end they will all end up in (HELL). Because of their false Doctrine. (REVELATION, 20:15)-And anyone not found written in the BOOK of LIFE was cast in to the lake of fire. The New King (HOLY BIBLE).

Oh shut up. I hope this was sarcasm.

PLO, I get your point. What PLO means is that there are no Fascist Christian Goverments, but there are Fascist Islamic Goverments.

This doesn't mean Islam hasn't failed, but quite the opposite. There was a time when the middle east was a place of science, education, and advanced Civilization.(Around 1000+ AD to around 1500 AD) However, now, the Middle East is mainly considered a very nasty place in which Sunnis/Shi'ites/Kurds/others get persecuted, goverments thirst for Nuclear weapons, wars break out, and terrorists train. Most of the middle east is very poor compared to European, North American, and Japanese standards of living.

This doesn't mean Christianity has failed either. The majority of Europe is Christian, and the majority of the Americas is Christian. We see the biggest innovations today coming out of these places, and Asia. In sense, Christians and Buddhists rule the world. Not trying to be ethnocentric here, but 33% of the world's population is considered Christian(see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_by_country)

Remember, I'm agnostic.

The only real part of both religions that has failed is the fundamentalist radical part. Look what radical Islamic people have done to the middle east, look what Christian radicals have done in the past, and look at what Christian fundamentalists and general stupidity has done to America.

Religion in general was constructed to controle and infleuance(Is that right?) the people.

So in my opinion it failed from day 1.

I'd say religion was first created via mystical experience. However religion is a double-edged sword, it can be used to realize higher levels of awareness of ourselves or to enlsave us in one particular awareness.

yes but please ignore superticious beleifs of your own for a moment, Islam see's no reason to seperate its religion from its goverment as muslims beleive their religion is guidance that no system of goverment can replace, why do they need a system of governing when they already have one in the form of submission to god?.

This is not the case of christianity, we have abondoned it as doctrine on how to lead our lives, why?

Based on what I see in the newspapers every day, I'd say both are failing. Any group that thinks a teacher deserves to die for allowing her students to name a teddy bear with the same name as their prophet, is hopelessly superstitious. Any group that wants to start a holy war, such as Bush is doing, over sectarian issues like oil, is no better.

Any group that wants to abuse government authority by forcing their religion on people who don't want it (as both are doing), has no business being in government at all. Any group that wastes tax dollars with OTJ prayer meetings (as both are doing) is stealing from the people whose interests they are supposed to be protecting.

Neither group is showing that it even has an ethical system, let alone lives by one.

I'd say the record of both camps is abysmal.

Doug

Religion in general was constructed to controle and infleuance(Is that right?) the people.

So in my opinion it failed from day 1.

definitely agree.

also, for something people can believe in. and for after death, or giving thx to something (or blaming some entity for something as well)

What inspired you to dig up an old peice of garbage like this?? was it the several threads on Evolution?? LOL this threads is so old, I am surprised you could find it :wacko:

Post 456 i SAID....

'Mar 31 2006, 10:29 PM'[/b] post='1128830']

I can't help but laugh...people are still posting to PLO and the dude has prolly left the forum for good...its been a while since he has posted here :D

asking WHY are people still answering PLO..when he had long gone from UM??? and here is Joey digging up remains of the PLO id LOL are you training to become an archaeologist?? likes to dig up any ole crap LOL :lol:

Dude you could have easily have made a simple thread FRESH!!!

i'll do it...LOL

Oh shut up. I hope this was sarcasm.

PLO, I get your point. What PLO means is that there are no Fascist Christian Goverments, but there are Fascist Islamic Goverments.

:lol: hey try holding your breath waiting on a response from PLO!!!

Okay, all I hear is.. Bla. bla. bla. bla.... None of the religions has come very far, they still believe in an old invisible man! Or for that matter a flying spaghetthi monster, for me it's all the same:D

Irish CLOSE this nightmare LMAO its passed its sell by date!!! :blink:

I don’t think it is necessary to dig up old treads from the past. The same arguments exist in new treads today. So keep your fighting fresh and clean and join us in about a dozen threads presently being debated.

We shall now put this one to sleep along with old PLO.

-------Closed-------