Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A CALL FROM REASON

Desk Light

Well in a debate i appreciate people using resources to back up their beliefs/findings..It makes it that little bit more credible. Basically all Essays and debates revolve around references to back up their personal beliefs.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desk Light

• Tornado

• Beckys_Mom

• Jodie.Lynne

let us not argue over whether satna clause's hat is made of cotton or polyester but let us discs the principles and reasoning as to why he exists or more acurately doesnt.

As Santa pre-dates polyester...my vote goes with cotton...or maybe even silk.

To the point though,

Of course you are right, but you are talking to an audience that for the most part can't grasp the significance of what you are saying.

As Santa pre-dates polyester...my vote goes with cotton...or maybe even silk.

To the point though,

Of course you are right, but you are talking to an audience that for the most part can't grasp the significance of what you are saying.

Sadly you are correct. this is also demonstrated by people not quite sure if your 1st post was a joke or not.

i only hope more people such as yourself frequent these forums and so eventually an exeptional intellectual debate can occur.

good luck to you sir, and thank you for showing reason.

Sadly, I think that that will not happen.

The reason people will quote or copy these tracts and thesis' is due to the very facts that you just mention: different education, cultural and religious levels.

How is a person supposed to counter an arguement that basically says "I know its true because its in the bible (torah, koran, t'e ching, whatever) and god wrote it so it must be true"? You can talk personal experience and life paths until you are blue in the face, and it won't make a whit of difference. But, if you bring in logical evidence, maybe somewhere, somewhen, someone will actually nod their haed and say "wow, I never thought of that".

In my case, I enjoy the links and articles presented: my thirst for new knowledge is quite unslakable.

-good journey

Perhaps it is ImOne, but entertainment without purpose is wasteful.

However, entertainment that causes you to exercise the grey muscle in your head is always worthwhile, no?

-Good Journey

Absolutely JMPD1. And didn't mean to imply nobody is learning anything here. It's here for the taking for those that are inclined.

But, if you bring in logical evidence, maybe somewhere, somewhen, someone will actually nod their haed and say "wow, I never thought of that".

Oh, it used to be like that.... How I long for the days when I was presented with a new idea or belief, or even had my beliefs constructively questioned. But sadly these days it's more this is my belief it's true because *insert evidence here*.

Questioning and discussing, discussing and questioning....*sigh* sadly missed.

Ah, but dear Kis, we can always hope.

:D