Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yan-Grant-Y-Tan

Lin

I was speaking with one of you on a forum entitled "Mermaids" earlier...You do not know who Yan-Grant-Y-Tan is? You do not know who he is? That is so pitiably dreadful.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lin

• psyche101

• isis-999

• Ironfixer

Top Posters In This Topic

I just Googled...came up with nothing.

So...I'll bite...what is it and why do you think you can speak to it?

You do not know Yan-Grant-Y-Tan?

The Finistere people take him as a bad omen and sightings of him are still common in the European wilderness. He is a daemon, now remember a daemon is not always an evil being. He is said to be somewhere in the height of six to seven feet and he is incredible in his stealth. He is very switf and if you should spproach him from behind he will turn to face you faster than you realise that he did. He roams the forests balancing five candles on the five fingers in one of his hands. I may be able to find some information about him on the internet, it is not likely, if I di I shall contact you once again.

It is also said that he can toss the candles into the air, catching them on his fingers again. He does not always have them lit and he sometimes roamsn for hours without them, being a creature beyond a human he does not need them to see. As I said his reflexes are supserb, he can sprint through a massive spread of fields in a matter of minutes, darting about in a seemingly random pattern.

I have found one! This person making this website is so unlearned...I should teach him...somebody should. Anyway here is a tiny bit of information about Yan-Grant-Y-Tan, but I have already supplied you with more than enough, I suppose that this is so that that person with the Cat's picture from earlier does not think that I am lying...I...Well...

Anyway: Yan-Grant-Y-Tan

I just Googled...came up with nothing.

So...I'll bite...what is it and why do you think you can speak to it?

I tried the Google thing too, I'm with Mad Manfred here, what is it, Ghost, alien, Chupacabra, taxi driver?

Any links to the background of the legend/creature/ghost/myth would be good, Google and I never heard of such a thing. :)

What is the legend about, what is the point of this fellow? Collect souls, hand out boiled lollies?

More info please :)

I just gave you a link.

Anyway there was a story about how once, on a sunny day there was a sighting of him in a field, with many figures around him, they ran off and he stood there watching the people who saw him for a brief moment and then fled the area, the accounts clam that the small figures were children that vanished from a local town a month or so earlier.

I tried the Google thing too, I'm with Mad Manfred here, what is it, Ghost, alien, Chupacabra, taxi driver?

Any links to the background of the legend/creature/ghost/myth would be good, Google and I never heard of such a thing. :)

What is the legend about, what is the point of this fellow? Collect souls, hand out boiled lollies?

More info please :)

Yes. he drives a Taxi in London...Speaking of which I mentioned that town in a post a while back...I believe that it was entitled "Angel Sighting" I should go and see what has happened to it since then...

I just gave you a link.

Yes, I see that, we obviously posted at the same time :(

So he is a deamon from what I can gather from that snippet of info on that site. Hrmmzz, why would you talk to him, sounds like it would be a bad thing. :blink:

It is evident that you do not understand it that way that I do.

It is evident that you do not understand it that way that I do.

Obviously, this is why I ask questions :unsure2: ????

I re-iterate, wouldn't going up to a Deamon for a twilight chat be a really bad thing.???

Edited by psyche101

Why must you assume that daemons are evil?

Why must you assume that daemons are evil?

I don't assume that, in fact history describes Daemons (not Demons) as human helpers, going around at night helpng man with the chores he could not get to during the day in turn for a littl wine I think ? Could be wrong on the barter system in the legend.

Just look at good old FreeBSD :devil: !!! Most helpful daemons in the world :), this one does not look or sound like that on the link provided at all??

I have found one! This person making this website is so unlearned...I should teach him...somebody should

That is a good way to get yourself banned...

SaRu is much more intelligent than you...I would stop your pety insults if I were you :no:

*yawn*

did I ever tell you all about the time Bigfoot and I had a tea party and that b****** ate more than his share of the cookies.

the Easter bunny and I will not be inviting him back

Edited by KingTomis

SaRu is much more intelligent than you...I would stop your pety insults if I were you :no:

I believe Lin was referring to the website that was linked just a few lines down from that part of the post.

:rofl: OK, so they help people with the extra work, what else do they do?

Grant wishes?

pot of gold if you catch them?

spin thread into gold?

Did you see one? is it good luck or bad luck to see one? :innocent:

k, this guy just sounds more like a legend that someone made up a long time ago. and im not saying hes evil because hes a demon, but im not saying hes good either. hes just.....there.

*yawn*

did I ever tell you all about the time Bigfoot and I had a tea party and that b****** ate more than his share of the cookies.

the Easter bunny and I will not be inviting him back

yeah, I also shared a cup of tea with bigfoot before. We had a sleepover at my place. :sleepy:

I have found one! This person making this website is so unlearned...I should teach him...somebody should. Anyway here is a tiny bit of information about Yan-Grant-Y-Tan, but I have already supplied you with more than enough, I suppose that this is so that that person with the Cat's picture from earlier does not think that I am lying...I...Well...

Anyway: Yan-Grant-Y-Tan

It really helps if the name is spelled correctly. The link you give us spells the name as Yan-GANT-Y-Tan.

Hmm. Never heard of that deamon, but there are so many, and millions of demons also. I have seen many demons in my life. Not the kind that go about helping people, these are the kind that vex someone. Just as there are Angels that watch over us, so are there the opposite kind. Yeah, get that mental image of the cartoon with the angel and demon sitting on the character's shoulders! LOL.

But, there are specialized demons, that cause certain types of trouble. Once I was living with my brother and his wife after my divorce. They too, as it turned out, where having some difficult time in their marriage. One day while they were gone and I was walking down the hall past their bedroom, I saw a demon sitting in the doorway. It was snakelike from the waist down, rather slim, had several horn on it's head and stood up about 5 foot tall. It was scaly and reddish in color. It communicated to me that he was there to cause marital strife. I told it to leave, it did, but communicated that it would return soon to finish the job.

I guess it did, they got a divorce within 6 months.

Fear demons are interesting as well, I've seen them too. They seem to be rather small furry, almost tribble like, in appearance. They are always scurrying away when someone looks to see if someone is behind them or whatever. So far those are the only two kinds of vexing demons I've seen, but I can feel demonic presents if one if around.

I enjoy being banned, I think...Hey, wait for one moment...You...you are StalinGradK's friend? Incredible!...Now if I could only find him...

This just sound's like a myth to me..I have heard of this before...But have never really found much on it....

I do know they have a simlier animal in China..I think most place's do it just has a different name..... :hmm:

Well, if you would simply ask him what his true name is, rather than naming him what you wish...Sorry, that sounded a bit rude, My apologies.

-Still sitting at the hillside, watching the forest, Lin

Um....No it's not rude...But what does it have to do with my reply....I think we are geting crossed here somehow.....

I was speaking with one of you on a forum entitled "Mermaids" earlier...You do not know who Yan-Grant-Y-Tan is? You do not know who he is? That is so pitiably dreadful.

doesn't everyone know good old Yan-Gant-Y-Tan?...

Yan-gant-y-tan wanders the nights in Finistere & is considered an evil omen among the Bretons. He holds five candles on his five fingers, which he is able to turn quickly.

Yan-gant-y-tan

That is so pitiably dreadful.

Just like this topic is. Closed.