Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Albino Deer found near my area

NME_locus

Not written by me by the folks along the coast..

Albino Fawn from folks who live on Bolivar Peninsula , Texas

A very eventful day around here... A once in many lifetimes experience!

Mark saw this lil' feller run out in front of a car, thought it was a lost baby goat. Stopped to get it, and WOW. A real Albino Whitetail Deer. Just hours old, but doing fine. No Moma deer around. Another car nearly hit it in front of Mark...

Well,, he is THE neatest thing any of us ever saw. And such a 'freak of nature', that only 1 in more than a million are even born. He took his bottle of food, followed us around the house, doing great. So, we called the Zoo & Fossil Rim, who were both interested, but going to send him to a Rehab farm, at a vet that we have never gotten along with... So, one of Dad's best friends is our Game Warden. Kinda reluctantly, but, I called him and told him the deal. He came right over, of course... and assured me that he wouldn't take it to that vet, that he was going to 'go to higher levels' than that with him.. So, he is gone now. We got a lot of pix, and something we will never see again probably, so it was very cool. Maybe he will make it in captivity somewhere and be appreciated. So rare... Sure wanted to keep him tho. but, not the thing to do. And not LEGAL either ; But, here are a couple of pix to show ya. He was snow white, pink eyes, ears, nose and hooves. Kids called him POWDER. He was SO small. That is my shoe lyi ng beside him... WOW..how cool is that??

Edited by NME_locus

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MadEyePixie

• IronGhost

• thecreeper

• Alan W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want one! :wub:

Awwww.

very nice. i would have liked to see it in person.

We had one of those in piney flats tennessee back in the 90's. beautiful creatures.....

[attachmentid=23651]There is an isolated population of white deer at the former Seneca army depot near where I live in NY. apparently they are a subspecies, not albinos. There are about 200 of them in the herd.

post-25215-1141154892.jpg

It is cool, but not terribly unusual. Here in northen Minnesota where we have a massive deer population, you get an albino every once and a while.

But also, there have been several sighting of a large albino moose in our area. That is highly unusual.

www.ironghost.wordpress.com

Thats cool. We've got an almost albino deer that pratically lives in my friends backyard not too far from where I live. I say its almost albino because its all white, but has one brown spot on its side.

[attachmentid=23651]There is an isolated population of white deer at the former Seneca army depot near where I live in NY. apparently they are a subspecies, not albinos. There are about 200 of them in the herd.

cool it want one so cute

Very cute, eyes are quite freaky though but I still want one!

lucky they found it it wouldnt have made it in nature <_<

lucky they found it it wouldnt have made it in nature <_<

Yes, sadly albino animals don't last that long in nature. They still look cool though.