Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
SoulMatrix

Eminem Urged to sue US Government

SoulMatrix

Eminem could sue the US government for playing his music to inmates at Camp X-Ray, Guantanamo Bay, without permission.

The Road To Guantanamo director, Michael Winterbottom,discovered that prisoners at the notorious detention centre, are blasted with Eminem’s records as a form of punishment. Says it all really doesn’t it Em?

Winterbottom also claims that Eminem should take the military to court for copyright abuse, his film, which follows four British male prisoners at Camp X-Ray discovered that:

“Music by Eminem was apparently used most of the time.”

"So the boys' lawyer, Clive Stafford Smith - who is currently trying to bring a case against the Americans for their mistreatment of prisoners in Guantanamo - has said that."

He concludes on teen music.com:"Eminem would have good grounds for suing the government over abuse of his copyright."

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=13958

PLO

dunno why theyd play eminem, most of his songs are usualy about how completely ****d america is.

__Kratos__

... Holy crap! That is cruel and unusual punishment! That's torture under international laws! :no:

:P

riotboy555

Hopefully it wasn't pirated. :hmm:

Edited by riotboy555

MrVelvet
If it is a purchased, ligitimate copy of his work (some of it pretty decent-and I'm not a rap fan), there's little that can be done....he has been compensated and there is not an 'end-user license' to determine what can be done with the product after purchasing...He could sue, but to probable little good. :P

Talon
are blasted with Eminem’s records as a form of punishment.

:lol:

PadawanOsswe

well it is a proven fact that if you listen to "my name is" for 12 hours straight, you will go insane. :P

Conspiracy

id find britney spears or backstreet boys more affective :P

MrVelvet

id find britney spears or backstreet boys more affective :P

I'm with you on that...God, I would have to kill myself... :unsure2:

Unlimited

will the real slim shady please stand up :lol:

shikon1

it depends on what songs they played

if it was the real slim shady id be dead within the hour lol

AdNauseamSuiGeneris

Didnt we use Spice Girls as physcological warfare on a group of entrenched militants somewhere? I remember reading something about that in either Afghanistan or Iraq.

Edit:

Never mind, that was from that movie Toy Soldiers, lmao.

Edited by RagePatriot

justcallmefox

Eh heh, Eminem as punishment. What a great idea. :lol:

Although if Em. were to sue, wouldn't he be admitting that his music is horrible enough to be used as punishment? :hmm::rofl:

Baku

Eminem could sue the US government for playing his music to inmates at Camp X-Ray, Guantanamo Bay, without permission.

The Road To Guantanamo director, Michael Winterbottom,discovered that prisoners at the notorious detention centre, are blasted with Eminem’s records as a form of punishment. Says it all really doesn’t it Em?

Winterbottom also claims that Eminem should take the military to court for copyright abuse, his film, which follows four British male prisoners at Camp X-Ray discovered that:

"So the boys' lawyer, Clive Stafford Smith - who is currently trying to bring a case against the Americans for their mistreatment of prisoners in Guantanamo - has said that."

He concludes on teen music.com:"Eminem would have good grounds for suing the government over abuse of his copyright."

The title of this thread is:

Eminem Urged to sue US Government, For using music as punishment at Guantanamo

But in the article nobody is urging Eminem to sue the US goverment?

MID

Unfortunately, this lunatic wouldn't have any rights to sue for copyright infringement.

I think he's just P-O'd that his "music" is bad enough to be used as a torturous methodology somewhere :D

..and...IT IS THAT BAD.

BornInTheCasket

I'd make them listen to Tiny Tim and Michael Bolton. If they're lucky, maybe a lil' bit of David Bowie. I wouldn't be anywhere near that place.

Fluffybunny

Ok, everybody...sing along...

"It's a small world after all...

...It's a small world after all...

.........It's a small world after all...

...It's a small world after all..."

Well...I think that the above song is far better to torture people to. An hour from now you will still have the song rolling around in your head...

Scorpius

Or how about

"This is the song that never ends

It goes on and on my friends

They started singing it not knowing what it was

And they'll continue singing it

Forever just because

This is the song that never ends..."

And yea, I get annoyed hearing some eminem songs over and over again. Then comes the headaches lol. I'd rather listen to Hedley.