Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Lottie

Fetal & Embryonic Stem Cell Research

28 posts in this topic

thebarman

An interesting debate, I felt that perhaps team 2 could have shown a little more evidence of consultation with perhaps longer posts from JohnnyBoyC and shorter ones from abecrombie to even out the material you had between the two.

Some posts were quite difficult to read and I thought went off on too great a tangent, although saying that I appreciate it is difficult to find sources against stem cell research as it is a very moral and religious argument which is central to ones personal beleifs rather than scientific fact.

Yelekiah, I was especially impressed with your posts which I found informative, well structured and a pleasure to read although I did feel it was unnessacery to quote such large passages from abecrombie which you had simply deemed irrellavent.

Team 1- Yelekiah - A and FrogFish -B

Relevancy: 10

Countering: 8

Style: 9

Persuasiveness: 8

Total: 35

Team 2 - JohnnyBoyC - A and abecrombie -B

Relevancy: 7

Countering: 7

Style: 4

Persuasiveness: 6

Total: 24

I guess that firmly puts me in the position of "The nasty judge"

Irish

Wow! A lot of information to discern. Great job all of you. I have to agree with the barman somewhat team 2 should have consulted more with each other as it appeared you were not always supporting each other as well as you could have. Probably more because the team approach is new.

Good resource and supporting documentation on both teams.

Well done, all of you, it defiantly adds a new dimension to the debating process. :tu:

Team 1- Yelekiah - A and FrogFish -B

Relevancy: 10

Style: 8

Persuasiveness: 7

Total: 33

Team 2 - JohnnyBoyC - A and abecrombie -B

Relevancy: 9

Style: 7

Persuasiveness: 7

Total: 31

Lottie

Okay the scores are in!

Yelekiah and FrogFish score a massive 35 points

abercrombie and JohnnyboyC score an impressive 28 points

Congratulations to our winners.

I do feel though that you are all winners. This was the first time UM has actually ever had a complete 2v2 debate and I hope that in the future your debate will be the prelude to many more. :tu: