Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canada's high court allows Sikh daggers in sc

Fluffybunny

wow talk about bowing down to someones religion :hmm:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thanato

• __Kratos__

• Talon

• billystevo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I gues you guys might feel different if you were a member of that religion. I am an Athiest but i agree with my nations Supream Court dissision.

~Thanato

I'm an athiest too, and I wouldn't be happy knowing a child in my children's class is carrying a knife, the fact that he's legally entitled to carry it because his religion says he should would not make me feel any better about it.

im more afraid of seeing a kid enter a school with a machine gun then a dagger

an 8 inch blade :huh: might as well carry a sword!

Well, ceremonial or not, I would not want this blade to be carried by a student at a school for religous reasons or not...

[attachmentid=23712]

I wonder where the line is drawn? The kkk are incredibly religous and carry weapons to every single ceremony they have to show the force that they have to support their point.

If they choose to say that their interpretation of christianity should allow them to carry pistols, should that be allowed to happen as well?

It is just too much of a slippery slope in my opinion. We as a society cannot continue to allow a religion to force it's beliefs on society at large especially when those beliefs are illegal.

post-2832-1141361267.jpg

This is stupidity to the nth degree...It's one thing to allow responsible adults with the knives, but to allow a child??? This is PC run amuck..The Canadian courts should tell the parents "Sorry, but this isn't India anymore Toto...deal with it..and no, your kid cannot be packing a blade when he comes to school..like it or not" Why is it that western society must always bend when it comes to other societies (mostly eastern) but it seems that the other societies (again eastern) are completely intolerant when it comes to western values??? Sometimes, we just have to tell them NO..live with it, you now live in a western society, so either live with our rules or go back 'from wence thou came'. I'm not trying to be heavy-handed, I'm just tired of my way of life always having to capitulate in order to appease those who aren't from here, but wish to change our way of life once they get here. If their society is so great, why the hell are they here??? (I know, I know-I'm not Canadian-but I still have to deal with the same type of stupidity in American courts). If anything, give the little snots cardboard blades and tell them to pretend it's real... ;) Edited by MrVelvet