Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Bush has stayed away from

SoulMatrix

How Bush has stayed away from soldiers' funerals

By Andrew Buncombe

Published: 01 March 2006

More than 2,290 US troops have been killed in Iraq. President George Bush has attended none of the funerals - for which he is often criticised by the families of those who have died.

Nadia McCaffrey's son Patrick, 34, a member of the Californian National Guard, was killed during an ambush in Iraq in June 2004. She said she had not expected Mr Bush to attend her son's funeral in person but thought the government would send someone.

"It's not just me. Many, many people say the same thing," she said, speaking from her home near San Francisco. "He was my only child, but it was not only that. Patrick did not want anything from the military. He joined up out of patriotism. I would have thought that... somebody could have come. Nobody showed up."

The White House said that as Mr Bush could not attend every funeral, it would be wrong to pick just one. He has met the families of killed soldiers.

But critics say his behaviour gives the impression he is out of touch. The President has also been criticised for refusing to allow the media to photograph soldiers' coffins being flown back from Iraq.

The directive was introduced in early 2003. An official said: "We don't want the remains of our service members who have made the ultimate sacrifice to be the subject of any kind of attention that is unwarranted or undignified."

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americ...ticle348415.ece

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joc

• Baku

• PadawanOsswe

• SoulMatrix

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Families of Soliders march to Blair's House:

http://www.hindu.com/2006/03/02/stories/2006030204311500.htm

would you have the time to attend over 2,000 funerals?

while it is sad that American troops have died. its only natural to die, we all go someday, its just as natural as war. he's got a lot of more important issues right now than to attend funerals.

the American public is also to lighthearted these days, while it is sad when a troop dies, instead of yelling at the president........yell at the enemy, the Insurgents the Terrorists. and instead of whining for months on CNN, respect your sons or daughters service and actions to bring peace and freedom to all.

Otherwise families disrespect their sons or daughters service by calling to pull out of Iraq and end the War on Terror. Troops know the risks good and well. they sing about the risks in Boot Camp. if they are to fall, they sing about how they would want their funeral prepared.

(nowhere in the songs does it say to desecrate your childs memory by rambling on C-SPAN)

shame on the protesting families. <_<

Edited by PadawanOsswe

Well I ain't asking him to attend all 2000 but common maybe at least 10 to 30 soldiers funeral. Won't hurt. I mean if hes got the time to vacation in his "Texas Ranch", why doesn't he got the time to go to a soldiers' funeral? And I somewhat agree with you. Shame on the protesting families is right. I mean I'm sure most of the parents of these soldiers voted for Bush. What do you expect? After 9/11 happened he went into Afghanistan then diverted his attention to Iraq. To start his so called "War on Terror" that is taking place in Iraq. So you ask me. Thats what you get for voting in Bush. A War President that will send your son or daughter to their death. But then again the parents deserve to get some recognition or comment saying "Your son or daughter died for a good purpose or You should be proud of your son or daughter" from the government or the services. Its the presidents duty or any other position to at least pay respect to those who died for you. But as he is cold hearted I can see why he doesnt attend these funerals.

Well I ain't asking him to attend all 2000 but common maybe at least 10 to 30 soldiers funeral. Won't hurt. I mean if hes got the time to vacation in his "Texas Ranch", why doesn't he got the time to go to a soldiers' funeral? And I somewhat agree with you. Shame on the protesting families is right. I mean I'm sure most of the parents of these soldiers voted for Bush. What do you expect? After 9/11 happened he went into Afghanistan then diverted his attention to Iraq. To start his so called "War on Terror" that is taking place in Iraq. So you ask me. Thats what you get for voting in Bush. A War President that will send your son or daughter to their death. But then again the parents deserve to get some recognition or comment saying "Your son or daughter died for a good purpose or You should be proud of your son or daughter" from the government or the services. Its the presidents duty or any other position to at least pay respect to those who died for you. But as he is cold hearted I can see why he doesnt attend these funerals.

Attending even a single troopers Funeral is not worth it. the media would divert their attention from this bieng a fallen troopers funeral to a "Hey! The President is here! lets flood him with useless questions!"

The Funeral is the last time on Earth when the attention is on you. so for the President to show up at a funeral it would just mess up your last party on Earth!

So in restro-spect, he honors the families by not attentending the funerals so the Media Whores dont come running.

Edited by PadawanOsswe

The White House said that as Mr Bush could not attend every funeral, it would be wrong to pick just one. He has met the families of killed soldiers.

It would be. :yes:

If you haven't noticed, or just care to ignore the fact that Bush visits wounded soldiers in the hospital, and visits active troops.

She said she had not expected Mr Bush to attend her son's funeral in person but thought the government would send someone.

I'm pretty sure a fallen soldier gets a color guard and a guy to play Taps, do they not?

shame on the protesting families. disgust.gif

i'll be protestig too if i was a parent of a dead soldier who fought in iraq. Their government told them to go there on false reasons. The iraqis' hate them. They're meant to stabilise the area but the country is about the break into civil war which they wont be ablt to control.

Going to Iraq has only been bad news for the US and the world

But i do understand why Bush isn't going to the soldiers' funeral. He's at his ranch, holidaying

Well I ain't asking him to attend all 2000 but common maybe at least 10 to 30 soldiers funeral. Won't hurt. I mean if hes got the time to vacation in his "Texas Ranch", why doesn't he got the time to go to a soldiers' funeral?

he isnt at his ranch just forgetting about the issues of the world, his entire staff is with him. he still runs the country, just in a more relaxed setting, more familiar surroundings

But then again the parents deserve to get some recognition or comment saying "Your son or daughter died for a good purpose or You should be proud of your son or daughter" from the government or the services. Its the presidents duty or any other position to at least pay respect to those who died for you. But as he is cold hearted I can see why he doesnt attend these funerals.

are you 18 or under ? please say you are as that might excuse some of your ignorance.

anyone KIA has a burial with full military honors among other things. there military duty is fully recognized and honored by the gov

please do a tad of research before spewing out such crap and bad mouthing our military protocal for those KIA

But i do understand why Bush isn't going to the soldiers' funeral. He's at his ranch, holidaying

i guess you drink from the same kool-aid as him ?

I don't get some of the logic here. Bush doesn't go on vacation for the hell of it. He goes on vacation because anytime that he doesn't he is dealing with the world's garbage 24/7 (at least on vacation, he only deals with it about 12/7). Now people are saying that instead of taking time off, he takes the little vacation that he has and turn it into a political maneuver? Go to a funeral instead of a vacation, and not even a funeral of someone that you know? Christ, talk about trying to burn out a person. What, do you think the guy is a robot or something?

No Dowdy, he is in India and Pakistan...being targeted!

The Iraqis don't hate Bush...the terrorists..and you..hate Bush. The Iraqis hate Sadaam.

Is there a general monument for the dead US troops? It would be hard to visit every funeral. If there was a monument in general for the US troops then I think president should have visited it and made a speech there.

Is there a general monument for the dead US troops? It would be hard to visit every funeral. If there was a monument in general for the US troops then I think president should have visited it and made a speech there.

We don't make monuments to fallen soldiers while the war is still going on. All in good time, my pretty, all in good time. ;)

We don't make monuments to fallen soldiers while the war is still going on. All in good time, my pretty, all in good time. ;)

But the war against Iraq is already over.. well officialy it is. There is now a war against terrorists and insurgents. Hope you guys can make a monument soon, I think it would help a bit.

But the war against Iraq is already over.. well officialy it is. There is now a war against terrorists and insurgents. Hope you guys can make a monument soon, I think it would help a bit.

The 'war' against Sadaam wasn't a war...it was a battle...the war is being waged against the terrorists on a number of fronts.

im sure if he went to a soldiers funeral you Bush haters would just say it was a publicity stunt

so he cant win either way

The 'war' against Sadaam wasn't a war...it was a battle...the war is being waged against the terrorists on a number of fronts.

Yes thats true, by the way you guys should check out this picture, its made out of the dead US troops:

Bush

Edited by Baku

Yes thats true, by the way you guys should check out this picture, its made out of the dead US troops:

Bush

thats spooky...its just sad that death is a part of war...bury your dead and move foreward. If i was president i dont think id attend either. thats all you would be doing :rolleyes:

People want to blame someone for something always. Bush couldn't possibly go to every soldiers funeral - it would become a media mad-house and the families would complain about that then.

These people have to remember that their kids, spouses, parents, whatever CHOSE to join the military. Bush didn't force them to.

Bush

That is sick...and stupid...and it just shows the ignorance and hatred of whoever took the time to make it.

It should be a picture of Osama Bin Laden with the faces of all the soldiers, all the dead Iraqis, and all the dead from the Twin Towers.

That is sick...and stupid...and it just shows the ignorance and hatred of whoever took the time to make it.

It should be a picture of Osama Bin Laden with the faces of all the soldiers, all the dead Iraqis, and all the dead from the Twin Towers.

Agreed this is in poor taste, and ya the guy who made this, wow is he/she ever off base.

Yeah the that I agree on but Bin Laden is just so ugly man..

I wish I was better at photoshop cause then I would make an Osama/Fallen Troops picture.

Not a very credible article. Every soldier is given full military honors, he has TAPS in some cases a 21 gun solute, and the local VFW will come out in support. Not to mention that every soldier's body is entrusted to an officer who sees the body safely to the parents of the fallen soldier. He is with it at all times and attends the funeral.

Sounds like "someone" did come.