Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any haunted place in Greece?

sora_1

Hello....... :D

I'm a new one here,from Greece,and so sorry for my English.i don't know very good!!

I want to ask , if anyone here knows any haunted place in Greece or if Greece is generally a haunted place!!!!

I'm asking this cause i hardly never heard anything for haunted places and ghosts here!!!

I also want to congratulate you for the site!Is really very good and informed!

Byeeeee

• Like 1

I'm a new one here,from Greece,and so sorry for my English.i don't know very good!!

I want to ask , if anyone here knows any haunted place in Greece or if Greece is generally a haunted place!!!!

I'm asking this cause i hardly never heard anything for haunted places and ghosts here!!!

Byeeeee

Greece is like Turkey right? So alot of beaches, sunshine, palmtrees, food, enz. I just dont think ghosts like that kinda stuff :D

Are ghosts select the area where they appear according to the sun and beaches?? :huh:

And no Greece isn't like Turkey.......a bit similar nothing more :P

hi......i am from cyprus...i dont now if there any haunted places in greece..coz never anyone check...i think u should start searching for them...coz i believe that everywhere there are haunted places... <_<

poso xronon eisai?

I agree with you!Haunted places are everywhere!!!

I don't know If i start searching for ghosts,but I'm very intersting in that! :D

Has Cyprus any haunted places??

eimai 18 esi?

I agree with you!Haunted places are everywhere!!!

I don't know If i start searching for ghosts,but I'm very intersting in that! :D

Has Cyprus any haunted places??

eimai 18 esi?

Every city in Greece has at least one haunted house. Mostly urban legends though.

Of course you could find lots of info if you searched the Greek web sites that deal with ghosts, hauntings etc.

http://www.esoterica.gr

http://www.metafysiko.gr

http://www.x-news.gr

http://www.alito.gr

http://www.blackstate.gr

You will see too that every greek forum has it's paranormal section.

Pou meneis?

Thanks for the site!! :D

do you know any greek forum talking about ghost etc???

stin N.ionia - athina

and something else!!!

do you know any greek urban legend or to give me a site with greek urban legends??

and something else!!!

do you know any greek urban legend or to give me a site with greek urban legends??

There are many haunted (or so called) houses in Athens.

A very common urban legend in Greece:

Someone meets a girl in a bar. He goes to her home, then he forgets his cellphone something there. Next day he goes back there but finds the place all locked up. He asks the neighbors and they tell him that the girl who matches his description is dead. He then goes and finds his phone standing on her grave.

As for ghosts and ghost stories, there are plenty of them on the greek links I provided you. Most stories though are urban legends and I could say that many of these site are full of crap stories. I prefer http://www.x-news.gr/ even though I sometimes read the other forums too.

You could also find some pathfinder clubs that deal with the supernatural.

Byeeeee

Welcome to the forum. Your english seems very good, better than some of the native english speakers here :P

With the long history of Greece I can only assume that there is a good deal of hauntings, but I do not know any off of the top of my head.

I did yahoo Greece and hauntings and found a good link to about.com regarding paranormal Greece: Link

It might be a good place to start anyway.

Greece ? as great a history as there is in Greece there should be plenty of haunted places . those old ruins have many stories to tell . youe english is fine BTW.

welcome to UM !

Thanks all of you for the sites you gave me,they are very usefull!!!!! :D

I hope has a great time here!!

Now,in those sites you gave me i found something about ghosts appearences!!!

It gets my attention especially this article which telling about the Marousi's cemetary cause my home is really very close to that place....... :w00t:

Look:

"Athens - Maroussi Cemetery - Lot of people seen as they pass with their cars a crying girl outside of the cemetery at Maroussi .When they trying to see that little girl again with car's mirror little girl it's not their. Just disappear. Many people say that her name was Anna."

I have heard about that myth but i have never mention something strange!!!Maybe cause i don't used to go in that kind of places :rofl:

Now I really want to go and check that place,but sure not alone!

If i have any news I'll let you know!

Byeee

There are many haunted (or so called) houses in Athens.

A very common urban legend in Greece:

Someone meets a girl in a bar. He goes to her home, then he forgets his cellphone something there. Next day he goes back there but finds the place all locked up. He asks the neighbors and they tell him that the girl who matches his description is dead. He then goes and finds his phone standing on her grave.

As for ghosts and ghost stories, there are plenty of them on the greek links I provided you. Most stories though are urban legends and I could say that many of these site are full of crap stories. I prefer http://www.x-news.gr/ even though I sometimes read the other forums too.

You could also find some pathfinder clubs that deal with the supernatural.

This myth is really very nice thanks!!! :tu:

It sounds like a scary evening. make sure you take a good camera and a Tape recorder for EVP's :tu:

Finally i remembered a haunted place in Greece!!!!!

This place is the Drosoulites castle in Crete!Many people going there says that at the time the sun goes down appeared in the castle ghosts of the people who died there in a war and now they haunted the place!!

Another one ancient ghost appearance is when the Greek war against Perses a ghost (phasma) appeared there from the brave warrior "Leonida"(I'm no sure if is the right name) who has killed many years before!!

I tried to write as better as i could,i hope you anderstand....... B)

It sounds like a scary evening. make sure you take a good camera and a Tape recorder for EVP's :tu:

Yes it will be a scary evening!!! :devil: But today i wont stay a lot cause I'm tired!!!

Could you please explane me what EVP means???

EVP is Electronic Voice Phenomenon. Basically people go into reportedly haunted places with tape recorders and leave the recorders running while they ask questions of the ghosts. Sometimes they just leave the recorder running and leave the area. Later they check the tape to see if they have recorded enything that was not there the first time while they were recording. As if the ghosts had tried to communicate.

There are some samples Here

Finally i remembered a haunted place in Greece!!!!!

This place is the Drosoulites castle in Crete!Many people going there says that at the time the sun goes down appeared in the castle ghosts of the people who died there in a war and now they haunted the place!!

Another one ancient ghost appearance is when the Greek war against Perses a ghost (phasma) appeared there from the brave warrior "Leonida"(I'm no sure if is the right name) who has killed many years before!!

I tried to write as better as i could,i hope you anderstand....... B)

During a rebellion many Cretans were killed there and their ghosts form Drosoulites.

They appear at early moring during the first days of June as shades.

As a child I used to live in Hania, and went for vacation to Frangocastello every year.

Never seen the Drosoulites though :no:

However the Germans during World War II had seen them, and considered them to be an invading force.

In Herodotus you can find records of ancient heroes fighting along the Greeks against the Persians at the battles of Marathon and Plateae.

As for Marousi, this is a common urban legend for most cemeteries in Greece ;)

The most well known places for paranormal activities in Greece are

1) Daveli's cave

2) The road near Serres (skeptics consider it an optical illusion)

3) Thessaloniki's underground tunnels (Athens has underground tunnels too but were sealed during the subway construction)

4) Samothraki island

5) Dragonhouses in Evoia (very large houses built for no particular reason at the top of the mountains)

Most ancient Greek temples have an aura of supernatural too, as this is common for most ancient temples.

Keep in mind when you go exploring, you shouldn't go alone! :tu:

Thanks for the informations!!! :D

Edited by sora_1

Τωρα που ξερω οτι δεν ειμαι η μονη ελληνιδα i'll tell u a place in Melissia where i used to live. Το ναυτικο νοσοκομειο. it's a good place to go to at night. Πιστεψε με. Especially η σπηλια του Νταβελη εκει τα'παιξα.

Edited by Huntress

what do you mean??

those are hounted places??Have you ever seen enything??

There were alot of noises and weird stuff in the cave.

REALLY??? :o

And what about the hospital??Have you also see or hear anything strange?

A, polu wraia. A greek thread. Funny.

Unless I didnt see it, Parnitha also is allegedly a haunted place or a gateway to other dimensions.

hehehe pou vrethikate oloi aftoi? palia den yphrxe kaneis..... :(