Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Such a man once existed...

Exterminator

Read this..

Albert Fish: Loved kids......with gravy

Partial inspiration for one of my own screenplay villains, Albert Fish is easily one of the most horrifying serial killers ever. While many other killers are frightening because they bring to light the very real possibility that we could be in danger, Albert Fish brings forth one even worse.

He makes us fear for our children.

Albert Fish, if his words are to be believed, mutilated hundreds of children, eating more than a few. To him, children were a perverse delicacy. Judging by his behavior sometime after his murder of a little girl named Gracie (about six years later), he sent a letter to the little girl’s mother, explaining what he had done to her. Fortunately for her, the girl’s mother was illiterate, and couldn’t read what the monster had done to her baby. Her son could, however.

Here is the letter, copied and pasted from www.crimelibrary.com:

“My dear Mrs. Budd,

In 1894 a friend of mine shipped as a deck hand on the Steamer Tacoma, Capt. John Davis. They sailed from San Francisco for Hong Kong China. On arriving there he and two others went ashore and got drunk. When they returned the boat was gone.

At that time there was famine in China. Meat of any kind was from $1 to 3 Dollars a pound. So great was the suffering among the very poor that all children under 12 were sold for food in order to keep others from starving. A boy or girl under 14 was not safe in the street. You could go in any shop and ask for steak -- chops -- or stew meat. Part of the naked body of a boy or girl would be brought out and just what you wanted cut from it. A boy or girls behind which is the sweetest part of the body and sold as veal cutlet brought the highest price.

John staid there so long he acquired a taste for human flesh. On his return to N.Y. he stole two boys one 7 one 11. Took them to his home stripped them naked tied them in a closet. Then burned everything they had on. Several times every day and night he spanked them -- tortured them -- to make their meat good and tender.

First he killed the 11 year old boy, because he had the fattest ass and of course the most meat on it. Every part of his body was Cooked and eaten except the head -- bones and guts. He was Roasted in the oven (all of his ass), boiled, broiled, fried and stewed. The little boy was next, went the same way. At that time, I was living at 409 E 100 st., near -- right side. He told me so often how good Human flesh was I made up my mind to taste it.

On Sunday June the 3 --1928 I called on you at 406 W 15 St. Brought you pot cheese -- strawberries. We had lunch. Grace sat in my lap and kissed me. I made up my mind to eat her.

On the pretense of taking her to a party. You said Yes she could go. I took her to an empty house in Westchester I had already picked out. When we got there, I told her to remain outside. She picked wildflowers. I went upstairs and stripped all my clothes off. I knew if I did not I would get her blood on them.

When all was ready I went to the window and Called her. Then I hid in a closet until she was in the room. When she saw me all naked she began to cry and tried to run down the stairs. I grabbed her and she said she would tell her mamma.

First I stripped her naked. How she did kick -- bite and scratch. I choked her to death, then cut her in small pieces so I could take my meat to my rooms. Cook and eat it. How sweet and tender her little ass was roasted in the oven. It took me 9 days to eat her entire body. I did not **** her tho I could of had I wished. She died a virgin”

Albert Fish is very unusual as serial killers go. For one thing, all of his victims were children. Also, he hailed from the early 1900s. Rather than the typical, modern day, “he seemed like such a nice quiet boy” that we have come to expect when serial killers are exposed, Albert was a kindly looking old man, in his late 50s. He was the loving father of 6 children. He would never do anything to harm them.

At least someone was safe from him.

Albert had a penchant for pain. Easily one of the most horrifying masochists in the world, he apparently enjoyed being spanked with a paddle studded with nails, and was found to have 29 needles buried in the crotch area of his pelvis. Apparently, he often shoved needles into his scrotum and rectum, but almost 30 of them were in too far to extract. What he did to the kids he took was far worse.

He had a penchant for S&M that would never make it into a magazine. One of his “tricks” was to soak cotton balls in alcohol, stick them up his butt, and light them on fire. He did this to several of his victims too.

A few years before he was caught, he believed he had received a vision from Jesus saying that he was to torture children. How did he end up so twisted? According to him, while growing up at a boarding school, he claimed to see other boys forced to do things that no child should have to endure. It’s odd that so many serial killers claim to be broken by the very things they do later in life.

Albert fish was a triumph for those who wish the death penalty upon anyone who commits a particularly heinous crime. He was found legally insane by his jury, but was sentenced to death anyway. So much for life in a loony bin.

In several of his letters, and in his confession, he detailed how he tortured and ate several of his victims. He would beat them while they were alive, to tenderize their meat. For at least one of the boys he killed, he cut off his genitals to let him bleed to death. For little Gracie Bud, he strangled her, then decapitated her over a paint bucket.

It is frightening to think that someone like this once lived. The very thought that it happened once, implies that it can happen again. No one wants to think of anything bad ever happening to their kids. Imagine how awful it was to find out that yours was eaten by an old man.

In the end, Albert Fish was put to death. He was sent to the electric chair. In his own perverse way, he was happy about it. He felt he deserved to be punished for what he had done. He also looked forward to experiencing being electrocuted to death.

(Copied from http://scaredyet.net/skillers/afish.aspx)

Such a DEMON once existed...

• Like 1

Ok, now that is just SCREWED the hell up beyond retardism. They should have kept him alive and tortured him. The reason he should die be of old age, but enduring torture his entire life. I'm sure there's some types of pain he WOULDN'T like.

Sad, but I laughed at a few parts LOL. Flaming cotton balls up his ass? LMAO

Edited by ZeroShadow

Awww jeeze...that sent shivers down my spine.... :o

One of his “tricks” was to soak cotton balls in alcohol, stick them up his butt, and light them on fire.

Hey, I do that to entertain company! That b****** stole my idea!

But seriously, I'm genuinely surprised I hadn't heard of him before now...

I hate to say it...but this would make a really cool movie.

Edit: found a picture of him.user posted image

Edited by Mad Manfred

He looks mentally disturbed.

Totally twisted . . . a wolf in sheeps clothing.

You cannot judge a person by his looks. Even the most dangerous looking person can be kind and even the most cutest person can be evil.

Remember, Real beauty is the beauty of the soul.

BTW, About this man, I wouldn't have dreamt even in my dreams that the evilness of humanity can go to this extent.

That is just completely sick :no:

BTW, About this man, I wouldn't have dreamt even in my dreams that the evilness of humanity can go to this extent.

Never heard of Ed Gein then?

While I did laugh while reading certain parts, I must say that THAT is a wicked sick person.

Who is Ed Gein BTW?

He was a serial killer, who killed women and ate their bodies, as well as made clothing, masks and furniture out of their skin and bones. Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Buffulo Bill (I think?) from Silence of the Lambs are said to have been based on Ed Gein :mellow:

Edited by Pyro Pheenix

Such nice people oO

I am pretty sure that people that would make things out of human bodies and ate the bodies have already existed in the past, whole civilizations probably did it..

Such nice people oO

I am pretty sure that people that would make things out of human bodies and ate the bodies have already existed in the past, whole civilizations probably did it..

Oh absolutely...these Roman monks come to mind, decorated their lair with the skeletons of their brothers.

user posted image

If I recall correctly the Kurgans also used the bones of their fallen comrades to decorate their armor.

In portugal there is a famous actraction in the city of Évora - the chapel of bones/ of souls, here are some pics:

[attachmentid=23863][attachmentid=23864]

At the entrance there is a scripture in, latin, I think that means:

"We bones in here wait for yours to join us"

I think there is also another chapel of bones inside the country, but I don't know that other one.

post-17893-1141727575.jpg

post-17893-1141727665.jpg

Two more pics, couldn't fit in the other post:

[attachmentid=23865][attachmentid=23866]

post-17893-1141728065.jpg

post-17893-1141728170.jpg

Well, but I am sure that these are the bones of the persons who died due to age or fighting in a war,etc. not the bones of the children or womens who were killed by the sole purpose of extracting bone and flesh from them.

Humans have two sides -Good and Bad. Even a great murderer would have a treasure of kindness and mercy in the deepest parts of his mind. And the most kindest and merciful

Persons would have an account full of violence and gore hidden in the deepest part of their mind. Some are balanced... You can only open their second side if you show them the most extreme provoker.

But Devils like these two do not have any second side, they are created for violence and gore, they like violence, they end up happily in violence. How can one hide his mercy, witnessing the most powerful provoker of mercy! Surely, they are not sended on earth to learn words like mercy, kindness,benevolence,etc.

Another questions is, are those people born like this? I doubt, it's society that corrupts man, of course that some react in different ways then others, those two are different cases, others might loose their emotions but still be rational enough to distinguish right from wrong, or others might not be strong enough to take it, and take their own lifes, after all, every one has a different nature, no one is the same.

Fish was a sick puppy.

There is always worst in human nature though. Take Countess Elizabeth Bathory for example. She brutally tortured hundreds of mostly young women to death.

Aren't humans interesting? ;)

Yea,.. a person cannot be evil since birth, but a society awakes the evil inside the man which soon overrule him. But even the most worst society won't teach you to cut humans moreover children and eat and drink their flesh and blood.

Or maybe We haven't seen the societies who are far worst beyond the nadir of being worst.

Its called living next to power plants, they mutate you and stuff.

They are called pyschopaths.

It is a good idea to read up on them especially since they are very much into fantasy.

Dahmer wore contacts to look like the emperor in Star Wars.

:o:o:o

Holy Saints in Heaven what an abomination of humanity...that makes me want to vomit...

Ed Fish was mentioned extensively in "Black House" by Stephen King and Peter Straub -- it's the sequel to "The Talisman."

He was one sick individual.

I've done a lot of research on serial killers, cannibals, etc.

I don't think they are born the way they are. I don't think an individual is a born psychopath unless mental illness runs in their family.

I think that experiences pervert and twist a humans mind. Experiences that lie dormant for a long time and lie in a humans subconsious just twisting and perverting until something triggers them, maybe in their teenage years..maybe in their adult years.

A common theme among killers is some kind of abuse. Generally physical and sexual.

Anyway..great post! What about my personal favourite, Andre Chikatilo?