Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Such a man once existed...

Exterminator

He was a serial killer, who killed women and ate their bodies, as well as made clothing, masks and furniture out of their skin and bones. Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Buffulo Bill (I think?) from Silence of the Lambs are said to have been based on Ed Gein :mellow:

Technically, Gein wasn't really a serial killer, because he only killed two or three women, which by some standards does not constitute a serial killer. He was also the inspiration for the novel Psycho, which came out shortly after the Gein incidents came to light. Most of his victims were women he dug up from graves, and he made soup bowls out of their skills, and a nipple belt, and a vest from women's chests.

Two more pics, couldn't fit in the other post:

[attachmentid=23865][attachmentid=23866]

Hmm, interesting. Never seen this featured on Martha Stewart!

A common theme among killers is some kind of abuse. Generally physical and sexual.

I've read that there is a triad of characteristics of most serial killers: (a) they wet the bed a lot, or after the potty training years; ( B ) they are pyromaniacs; ( c ) they got pleasure out of torturing small animals. Dahmer would pick up road-kill and cut them up, putting the skulls on fenceposts near his house.

Edited by hannibals_favourite

Thats rather disturbing. I do have to say that people who say they laughted at some parts are Sick and ignorant baboons. But thats not the point, the point is, that, yes, he was a sick killer, but he is not to blame in he's deeds. There are weak humans, and there are the ones who make them serial killers. For example those kids in he's school, who were mentioned. Violence and overpower shown in that age, to that kind of people is very strong as a influence to their later life. If not for the kids back in the school, he might have been a good and hardworking man... probable. Death was the only thing that could have helped him, and thats what they did. Ofcourse, they were leaded by anger not mind, but still, they did the right thing. He was too deep in it, to go away. Even if he could stop, the faces of he's victims would have been haunting him.

I don't think its quite to fair to call people sick and ignorant baboons. Granted, it is disgusting and not quite what one would call humorous, but to each his own. I agree that serial killers are not just born, but rather that it's a combination of nature/nurture in a negative sense that help create a monster. I also wonder where you get the idea that the faces of his victims would have been haunting him. Not all serial killers feel remorse, and most human beings would develop a defense mechanism of some sort so they wouldn't be feeling guilty for the rest of their lives.

EDITED: Oh yeah, you could also show yourself ignorant or say that that's the way that you talk... but you do know it's not only the words... you could also say that I got you there but still continue, but in a more soft way, and many other answers that could be given. Either way, I doubt that you can surprise me... or you could not answer :P, either way, the choice is yours.

English might not be the person's first language...

It's the most sick story i could hear.

In my opinion the death penalty was a mistake, the "demon"(there's no other name for that) should have suffered a worse fate than those kids he killed, and not a quick death, he should have been tortured beyond the limits of pain, i am sure he wouldn't like that.

Actually, he would have loved that. He was extremely sadistic.

Two more pics, couldn't fit in the other post:

[attachmentid=23865][attachmentid=23866]

In a way those pictures are beautiful (No I'm not that morbid).

As for the serial killer.....

*Shudders* I always get creeped out by stories like that. Great reads, but I would never want to meet someone like that. And there's no way I'd go to dinner at their place. I wouldn't want to be the main course.

• 1 year later...
He was a serial killer, who killed women and ate their bodies, as well as made clothing, masks and furniture out of their skin and bones. Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Buffulo Bill (I think?) from Silence of the Lambs are said to have been based on Ed Gein :mellow:

Ed Gein only killed one person, after that he just dug up bodies at cemetaries and ate then

Ed Gein only killed one person, after that he just dug up bodies at cemetaries and ate then

He killed two people. Mary something and Bernard? Something.

Edit, close...

Bernice Worden and Mary Hogan.

Edited by __Kratos__

In portugal there is a famous actraction in the city of Évora - the chapel of bones/ of souls, here are some pics:

[attachmentid=23863][attachmentid=23864]

At the entrance there is a scripture in, latin, I think that means:

"We bones in here wait for yours to join us"

I think there is also another chapel of bones inside the country, but I don't know that other one.

There is a famous one in Prague,in the Czech Republic,and also the famous catacombs of Paris.

The most famous of the tomb of mummified monks is I think in Sicily,Italy, but according to my late father there are others like it in other places in Italy.Over time the monks ran out of room to bury some of the monks, so the bodies which are mummified were hung on the wall. Other people were buried there as well, and there are photos on the web of this place.This is also the reason for the ossuary chapels like in Prague, to make room for more dead.

:'( Why must people eat meat.

Is this really what will happen once the economy collapses?

All the meateaters will turn on eat other?

Maybe you think “no”,

But… back then there were MANY MANY more means of acquiring food,

But now… people are TOTALLY dependant on commercial supermarkets.

So the most logical answer would be “Yes”.

The only part of this article clip I agree with is that Meat Eating Is Perverse.