Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum Material In New Articles

Saru

I have been having a browse through some of the old forum posts today, and came across a lot of good material thats on some of the less-viewed pages of the boards. Some of it is very useful, and I'm going to use some of it in the making of new articles and pages for the new A To Z Index.

If you do NOT want me to use material from your old posts, please let me know so I can be sure and not include it. I will be sure to include the forum name of those whose material I do use in the article that includes it, so anyone who's material i use will receive proper credit.

I am not likely to use many past forum posts in the making of new articles, but there are a couple of threads in particular that i've seen that would be of tremendous use.

All Comments and queries welcome.

:su:sk

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Loonboy

• PurpleStuart

• Tommy

Top Posters In This Topic

[blue]Whooooo hooooooo!

Fame at last! I knew something I'd written would come in for something some day....!!!

:sk

...(I bet you're not using anything of mine are you...?) :s9

[/blue]

SaRuMaN - what you could do is include links from the A-Z topics to threads in the forum that discuss that topic. Not only would someone using this site get a definition of a subject, but also can easily comment on it without have to search through several hundred threads. At the same time they could read what others think about it and, importantly, other links people have supplied in their posts that also deal with that topic.

This, in turn, may bring more guests on the site into the forum.

PS,

Sounds like a good idea - it would certainly save time when someone tries to find more about a subject in the forum. I'll have to see whether it's possible to do that or not, I have a feeling that the only way of doing that is to do every article/forum link manually, which would be rather time consuming.

LB,

I haven't decided which threads i'm going to be using yet, but some of yours could very well be among them.

::)

Apart from parsing for keywords or using a search engine you would have to put them in by hand. Dependant on what database this board uses you might be able to create an expression that returns the links automatically i s'pose.