Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Which system is best?

Byuu94

In your opinion, which is the best video game system?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, which is the best video game system?

• Gamecube
    • Playstation 2
    • Xbox
    • Still have Dreamcast
    • Snes, Genesis
    • Other

Dream on Fellas wink2.gif X Box ROX !!! cool.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Engulf

• Cufflink

• gonzowalker

• Byuu94

Dream on Fellas wink2.gif X Box ROX !!! cool.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif

anyway,you got details about Halo 2?heard that it's double the blaster Halo has!!

Hi Engulf original.gif Halo 2 is going to be all that and more. The thing I am looking forward to the most is the changes that are being made with the AI. You will have full interactivity with the environment, and I mean FULL interactivity.

But overall, it comes down to this one conclusion. It doesnt matter if a system is the best or worst. You have your own personality, and you like what you like. Hell, if you like E.T. for Atari, thats your decision. It doesnt matter to you that oter people call it the worst game ever!

Well said Mr. Salt! Upon reading each post, it really becomes more obvious that it is more of a personal preference type of thing. However, what I dont understand is why so much animosity toward X Box? its a great system, as with all the others listed, each system has something different about it that, personally, I find it impossible to choose one over the other...

Halo 2 is going to be all that and more. The thing I am looking forward to the most is the changes that are being made with the AI.You will have full interactivity with the environment, and I mean FULL interactivity.

Oh yeah! I cant wait!!! grin2.gif

Hey Oracle, do you happen to know if there is going to be a 4 player co-op mode?

Hi Engulf original.gif Halo 2 is going to be all that and more. The thing I am looking forward to the most is the changes that are being made with the AI. You will have full interactivity with the environment, and I mean FULL interactivity.

ohmy.gif that's just.....fantastic!!! w00t.gif

*thinks judging which system is the best on the strength of what games it has is pretty silly...if that's what you're going to do, the arguement should be which GAME is the best*

Which is the best system should probably be judged by performance, how well it's been marketed, how long it's going to LAST on the market, and (as a result) is going to continue to provide high quality games for the longest period of time.

*voted for PS2, incidentally*

Has anyone seen the E3 demo of HALO2? I downloaded it on my comp. and it looks AWESOME. Thery actually had one of the people who made the game play it, so people could see what it was like. You must see it if you haven't!

Nothing is better than GAME CUBE .. its the best .. you can even have on line games with other people .. you only have to connect the Cube with an internet connection .. grin2.gif

Both PS2 and Xbox have the ability to connect to the internet as well.

I don't know if the PS2 has this ability, but you can rip your own cd's to the Xbox and use them as part of the sound tracks in some of the games.

*thinks judging which system is the best on the strength of what games it has is pretty silly...if that's what you're going to do, the arguement should be which GAME is the best*

Which is the best system should probably be judged by performance, how well it's been marketed, how long it's going to LAST on the market, and (as a result) is going to continue to provide high quality games for the longest period of time.

A system's performance, in both the case of PSone and PS2 has mainly been down to two factors.

The targeting of a mature as well as younger market, and secondly, the factor you dismissed. The AAA games titles available.

With Gran Turismo, GTA, the promise of a decent Tomb Raider(sob crying.gif ), and MGS:Sons of Liberty, the more powerful X-Box was dead in the water before it had a chance.

And as for longevity, once a machine has this large user base, it can go on for years (just look at PSone-launched in 1995).

I don't know....

Am I the only one who thinks THIS is the best system?

I configured mine for about $15,000 USD. Didn't get it though, have to buy food, pay rent, etc. Priorities suck!

Damn sexy if you ask me!

I don't know....

Am I the only one who thinks THIS is the best system?

I configured my for about $15,000 USD.

Damn sexy if you ask me!

You naughty show-off, you, Horse! wink2.gif

But we're talking about games consoles.

Oh, and garden sheds...must not forget the X-box. tongue.gif

Oh, and garden sheds...must not forget the X-box.

grin2.gif

However, despite its bulk, X-Box truly is a great system... i own all of the systems and I must admit that at times PS2 really shows its age...although i like it anyways...

by the way, i thought the console wars have long since been over? Games are the key now as Seraphina as mentioned...

OH, might I add, i am not ashamed to admit, that i was drooling when i saw that E3 demo of HALO 2... tongue.gif

yup,have to agree with sera and pious,let's talk about the hot games.

mmm....Winning Eleven 6 anyone??

I just wish that I could play Metroid, Halo, Zelda, Devil May Cry, GTA Vice City, The upcoming Rebel Strike on one console.

The systems are all pretty good, and the graphics really are too close to each other to compare. (compare if that's the only reason you play video games) I forget about graphics about 5 minutes after I start playing anyway.

Xbox gets my vote, only 'cause I have it.

Seems that PS2 has more games though.

I can't wait for Halo 2 either.

How about games to steer clear of?

The reason gamecube doesn't have lots of bloody mature games, or amazing RPGs is because many companies are biased against the cube. They have bad memories of the N64 days and consequently steer clear of gamecube. The games most ratted-on are usually better than they seem. Zelda:Wind Waker was great despite the cel-shading. (cel-da) In fact I can't imagine it any other way. The reason RE games are on the cube and not PS2, is because Hideo Kojima believes that sony makes poor quality consoles to boost sales.

How about games to steer clear of?

The only games that really dissapointed me were Enter the Matrix and Knights of the old Republic.

Don't get me wrong, KOTOR is a great game. I just had some loading problems that finally made me just quit playing altogether.

I sold my Commodore 64 a couple of weeks back for $80 AUD thumbsup.gif

I have no idea exactally what I had - I remember it was an Atari it still worked - the controlers were origninal and they worked we had about 75 games I sold it all for $10 US! I am still kicking myself! The idiot I sold it to kept calling it a Nintendo!

The reason gamecube doesn't have lots of bloody mature games, or amazing RPGs is because many companies are biased against the cube. They have bad memories of the N64 days and consequently steer clear of gamecube. The games most ratted-on are usually better than they seem. Zelda:Wind Waker was great despite the cel-shading. (cel-da) In fact I can't imagine it any other way. The reason RE games are on the cube and not PS2, is because Hideo Kojima believes that sony makes poor quality consoles to boost sales.

so to sum everything you've stated.....you own a Gamecube right?? original.gif

P.S.: Hideo Kojima's the genius behind MGS & MGS 2 & ZoE,not the RE series rolleyes.gif

I have no idea exactally what I had - I remember it was an Atari it still worked - the controlers were origninal and they worked we had about 75 games I sold it all for $10 US! I am still kicking myself! The idiot I sold it to kept calling it a Nintendo!

grin2.giflaugh.gif

Soul Calibur 2 is already out and the big thing is....i STILL don't have it yet!!

anyone tried it already??how's the game going?? w00t.gif

Soul Calibur 2 is already out and the big thing is....i STILL don't have it yet!!

anyone tried it already??how's the game going?? w00t.gif

Engulf, I've played the demo that came with the official PS2 magazine, over here in the UK.

It plays as well as the original on PSone, and it looks awesome. I hope to get it before the end of the year, as long as I'm not skint. original.gif