Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aggression Cannibalism

distortedpandy

Most acts of cannibalism are, to a degree, motivated by a desire to express power or control over the victim. Cannibalism is the ultimate expression of dominance over another person. Aggression cannibalism includes acts of cannibalism that are motivated by feelings of hostility and/or fear, creating an overriding need to exert power, revenge or control over the victim by murdering and then consuming him.

Aggression cannibalism is one of the more common forms of cannibalism and often overlaps with other types of anthropophagy, especially spiritual, ritualistic and sexual cannibalism. Some forms of aggression cannibalism have recently gained worldwide media attention. The most recent cases include, Anna Zimmerman and Ed Kemper.

In 1981 Anna Zimmerman, 26, a German mother of two, murdered her boyfriend out of anger and revenge and then dismembered his body. She froze his remains and over-time defrosted portions of his body and consumed them with her unsuspecting children. She represents one of the few known cases of female criminal cannibals.

Edmund Kemper was found guilty of the murders of six young women, his two grandparents, his mother and mother's friend. Kemper's killing spree and cannibalism was believed to be the result of his disdain for his mother and an unhappy childhood. According to Kemper, his mother psychologically abused him and at one point forced him to sleep in the cold and dark basement when he was a child. While in the basement, his hate for his mother began to fester. In order to release the pent up anger he would often entertain murderous fantasies.

Many of the murders Kemper committed had a large sexual component to them: he raped some of his victims, killed them and then sexually molested the corpses. However, it is believed that the murders were primarily motivated by his feelings of anger and revenge, directly and indirectly towards his mother. In fact, Kemper claimed that the unpleasant relationship with his mother was what influenced him to act out his violent fantasies, which included cannibalism.

---

There are many different types of cannibalism - aggression, criminal, sexual, ritualistic, survival...

What are your thoughts on it?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yelekiah

• bigdog112

• __Kratos__

• distortedpandy

Very fascinating topic. One interesting cannibal was that guy that wrote "In the Fog". I don't even know why I find that story fascinating. Edmund Kemper was another. I think he used Drano to get rid of excess "parts".

Edmund Kemper was another. I think he used Drano to get rid of excess "parts".

He did... :yes:

Thats just creepy. You can only really justify cannibilsm if it's survival. Not even. Still an interesting read.

freaky stuff... what more can I say?

I've always likened some forms of cannibalism to rape, in that the person committing the act tends to be a "power/control freak". People justify cannibalism outside of the parameters of survival though. Some cultures do it out of respect for example.

I heard that there were over 300 cannibals in Germany right now. This number could be incorrect though. I forget where I heard it.

I heard that there were over 300 cannibals in Germany right now. This number could be incorrect though. I forget where I heard it.

I think that number surfaced either at Armin Miewes' arrest or during his movie rights debacle.

Edited by angrycrustacean

i like Chinese, but it's filling

Thai is a little spicy

I think that number surfaced either at Armin Miewes' arrest or during his movie rights debacle.

I've heard of this prior to that case in a book. I've read too many I think.

I've heard of this prior to that case in a book. I've read too many I think.

That's where I heard the number.

There are many different types of cannibalism - aggression, criminal, sexual, ritualistic, survival...

Curiosity? :ph34r:

During the 19th century, the world's most prolific cannibal, Ratu Udre Udre (pronounced Ondray Ondray), reportedly ate between 872 and 999 people. The Fijian chief kept a stone to record each body eaten, and these were placed along his tomb in Rakiraki, northern Viti Levu (pictured). According to Udre Udre's son, the vicious leader would eat every part of his victims, preserving what he couldn't eat in one sitting for consumption later. Link

We must taste good? :P

If we encouraged cannibalism more some places, such as Africa, would have less food shortages. Just what some people think. :P

• 4 months later...

Cannibalism linked to eroticism seems to be on the up in Germany and parts of Europe right now.

It is a fascinating subject - personally I am repulsed at the thought of eating a human (don't know why, but I suppose it's for the better that I am :ph34r: ) although I definitely would if it were a matter of survival...

1. old thread.....necroposted again

2. I don't exactly find the idea of cannibalism "repulsive" I'm just not going to do it, I'm cooler than that :yes:

3. It is fascinating, if you wanna read more about cannibalism/eroticism/ all that groovey stuff in general, you should google Jeffrey Dahmer.

• 8 months later...

well, Porphyria, or vampire's disease, can drive certain people to cannibalism. what the disease does is hinder the persons ability to produce heme. typically, the pancreas has to be removed because it will essentially eat the persons own blood. the usual organs eaten are the heart, liver, and pancreas. rather nasty disease as there is no cure and drugs are usually ineffective. its actually covered on one CSI Las Vegas episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Meat is meat. I wonder how gross most people taste, you are what you eat and here in America they don't eat very good.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you ever tasted human blood or even animal blood? It tastes really good to me like an exotic hardy drink. I am not a cannibal even though if I could I might do some maybe some gray matter or liver but that because those parts are the best in almost any animal.

Have you ever tasted human blood or even animal blood? It tastes really good to me like an exotic hardy drink. I am not a cannibal even though if I could I might do some maybe some gray matter or liver but that because those parts are the best in almost any animal.

I have tasted both... There's a massive difference between blood lust and cannibalism though. Eating an animal sure it's a lot like eating us but our social conditioning for the most part puts a huge taboo on cannibalism, so it's not done and it's seen as wrong. So in your mind it would take more of a driving force to eat another of your own species rather then just some curiousity in many cases.

Well I am not sure if you would say what I have is blood lust. I like the taste of blood and I use it allot I never eat well cooked stakes. Its more of a prefrince then blood lust.

Serial killers will eat their victims as a way to (feel) that their victim is with them forever, never leaving, becoming a part of their soul, which gives them the powerful high/control factor that motivates them. To have their victim become a physical part of the killer is the ultimate high to them.