Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telescope

smallpackage

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Been here for 2 years and I'm still lost. :rofl:

I got a refractor telescope when I was 9. To sum it up, lets just say that I didn't learn how to take care of things. :blush: My friend is into photography, and I'm hoping to get into astrophotography. Basicly, can anyone experienced with telescopes point me in the right direction as to what type of telescope is right for me? I don't want some dinky one for beginners. I want something that will last and has good balanced qualities. I really don't want the prices to go between $200-$650.

Celestron C6-N

Been looking at this one.

Thanks in advance. :)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• smallpackage

• patstp

• BlitzKrieg

What price range....MEade has much better Telescopes...I have a 10" LXD55 Newtonian Refractor from 2001. I am really into CCD photography. Do not use a camera for Astrophotography...a CCD camera is much better...but they are more expensive.

I'm also looking at new Telescopes...Maybe a 16" Cheynichen Optics from Meade....$11,000.00

Trust me if I had the money I'd go for something around $2000+, but I don't. I'd say $700 or $800 is my limit. I always Stargaze, just about every clear night. I think it's time I got myself something that will last. Meade's look pricy, are they good quality?

Meade's look pricy, are they good quality

BEst out there...Better than Celestron...

You can get some very good high quality optics in your range. Mine was $900...it is 10" too...a 6" can easily be around $600

What telescope did you have?

10" LXD 55 Newtonian Refractor...still works perfectly!

10" LXD 55 Newtonian Refractor...still works perfectly!

Check the SKY-WATCHER series too (heard that it came from the same manufacture as Orion), i bought an 8 inches Dob about a month ago, haven't got many clear night but that really is a great scope !

But if you have the money, buy a 10 inches...

My two cents...

• 1 year later...

My Advice would be go for a meade scope, with my first scope i was frustrated because you always want to see more, my scope was a Skywatcher Startravel 102 (EQ1) £198 i only used it every now and then, i know its a lot of money but go for http://www.meade.com/lx200r/index.html other wise you'll just be dissapointed and in the long run you'll save money. i havent looked back since. http://www.meade.com/photogallery/lx_gallery.html

Or if your handy in the DIY department

http://members.aol.com/sfsidewalk/dobplans.htm