Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did we land on the moon

Aristocrates

Did we land on the moon?...I think of course we did but is there anyone out there who thinks otherwise? I'd like to hear opinions. Like, I heard from one person before that the radiation the sun emits on the moon is too much for the space suits to take or something :o

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Waspie_Dwarf

• Pax Unum

• Aristocrates

• Bone_Collector

I don't think any U.S. astronaut has landed on the moon.

I think it is possible, but not probable!

That is why it has taken us 50 or so years before we supposedly go back...lol.

Give me a break.

The Apollo moon landing hoax accusations are a series of claims alleging that the Apollo Moon Landings never took place, but were instead faked by NASA. Nearly all interested scientists, technicians, and space enthusiasts have rejected the claim as baseless.

This whole moon faking thing could have been started up by NASA themselves, because I've heard that they found an alien civilisation up on the moon. The again the alien civilisation theory could have been created by NASA to way people away from thinking that they never went because there too busy going...LITTLE GREEN MEN ARE ON THE MOON!

This whole moon faking thing could have been started up by NASA themselves, because I've heard that they found an alien civilisation up on the moon. The again the alien civilisation theory could have been created by NASA to way people away from thinking that they never went because there too busy going...LITTLE GREEN MEN ARE ON THE MOON!

moon landing hoax accusations are conspiracy theories — claims that conspirators in the possession of secret knowledge are misleading the public in pursuit of a hidden agenda. While conspiracy theories vary widely in their plausibility, common standards of assessment can be applied to all:

Occam's razor – of two theories with similar explanatory power, is one simpler than the other? Is a hoax and cover-up involving the collusion and lying of many individuals simpler than NASA's space program sending men to the Moon?

Psychology – does the explanation satisfy an identifiable psychological need for the believer? Does it fit with the worldview propounded by its supporters?

Falsifiability – are the proofs offered for the explanation constructed with scientifically sound methodology?

Whistleblowers – how many people — and what kind — have to be loyal conspirators? Any hoax claim has to account for a substantial number of NASA employees who would have to maintain the conspiracy for over 35 years.

Skeptics of the hoax note the flurry of conspiracy theories that arose during the Vietnam era, in part due to a loss of trust and rise in cynicism in reaction to the Johnson and Nixon administrations, partly from the discovery of the Watergate scandal.

well...we left a lot of equipment up there that you can still see with a telescope...the little car they drove around...still there...I know some will say that we could have just launched that stuff up there...but with a powerful enough telescope you can see the American Flag...which is stuck perfectly in the lunar dirt...obviously it was placed there by astronauts...end of discussion

Edited by speaker of the house

Pax is right...We landed on the Moon, no doubt about it.

I've never heard of alien civilzations of the moon, but if it was faked it would be because of the Space Race. The need to beat the Russians to space.

Personally, I think it was faked.

I've never heard of alien civilzations of the moon, but if it was faked it would be because of the Space Race. The need to beat the Russians to space.

Then how did the American Flag get there? Did we launch it perfectly to stick into the lunar surface???

so the Moon rocks are fake also?

The need to beat the Russians to space.

we didnt beat the Russians to space, we beat them to the moon

it wasnt faked, we went to the moon

question is why havent we been back

to say there is nothing worth going back for is ludacris

we didnt look around enough to know if there is anything there useful to us or not

i do believe it is possible at the time we were warned not to return, but of course thats just my opinion

Well, i do beleive we landed on the moon...but in defence of the other theory, we could easily "recreate" the rocks of the moon seeing how, pretty much, all of the same stuff on Earth is also on the moon, like Quarts and stuffs. Also, maybe we did go to the moon, but maybe the aired landing couldve been faked to have us jump ahead in the space race? I dunno, im just throwin stuff out there :)

I have this crazy theory that the moon landings were real, but the videos were faked. Probably because of mal-functioning equiptment that far from earth, and we needed to show the world we were there, and that we were better than the Russians. Plus the world was looking for a sharp picture. Not a scrambled one. Lot's of things wrong with the video, but all the evidence we've been on the moon.

well...we left a lot of equipment up there that you can still see with a telescope...the little car they drove around...still there...I know some will say that we could have just launched that stuff up there...but with a powerful enough telescope you can see the American Flag...which is stuck perfectly in the lunar dirt...obviously it was placed there by astronauts...end of discussion

:blink: I did not know you could see the flag from earth. What telescope did you use to see all this stuff on the moon. I have looked at many photo shots from the hubble and just saw creaters and rocks thats all, I have not seen an actual photo of the site, except from other so called lunar landers. So what you have stated is total rubbish, if you do not belive me ask nasa. :P

http://hubblesite.org/reference_desk/faq/a...d=77&cat=topten

Quoted:

Can Hubble see the Apollo landing sites on the Moon?

No, Hubble cannot take photos of the Apollo landing sites.

An object on the Moon 4 meters (4.37 yards) across, viewed from HST, would be about 0.002 arcsec in size. The highest resolution instrument currently on HST is the Advanced Camera for Surveys at 0.03 arcsec. So anything we left on the Moon cannot be resolved in any HST image. It would just appear as a dot.

Here is a picture that Hubble took of the Moon:

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/1999/14/

And to see the flag with a powerful telescope it would have to be bigger and better then the Hubble. :P

Well, i do beleive we landed on the moon...but in defence of the other theory, we could easily "recreate" the rocks of the moon seeing how, pretty much, all of the same stuff on Earth is also on the moon, like Quarts and stuffs. Also, maybe we did go to the moon, but maybe the aired landing couldve been faked to have us jump ahead in the space race? I dunno, im just throwin stuff out there :)

Five Reasons to Believe We've Been to the Moon

Reason #1 -- Moon Rocks

Apollo astronauts didn't return empty-handed. They brought 841 pounds of the Moon back with them. Apollo Moon samples range in size from sand and pebbles to basketball-sized rocks. Moon rocks are completely different from rocks native to Earth. Their mineral content is unique and they show distinctive signs of exposure to the solar wind, cosmic rays and meteoroid impacts. To a trained geologist there's no mistaking a Moon rock. But you don't have to take the word of an expert. There are museums in the United States where you can inspect Moon rocks for yourself and see the distinctive meteoroid impact pits that pepper nearly all rocks from the Moon. It's rock-hard evidence that the Apollo program really did happen!

Scientists from dozens of countries, many that were Cold War "enemies" of the United States, have analyzed Apollo Moon rocks. Every single researcher agrees that the Apollo Moon rocks are genuine.

Reason #2 -- Witnesses

The most famous participants in the Apollo program are the twelve astronauts who walked on the Moon. Nine of them are still alive today; they are powerful witnesses to the reality of the Apollo program. And they're not the only ones. Approximately 360,000 scientists, engineers, civil servants and contractors worked on the Apollo program. They designed the rockets, sewed the space suits, cut the pay checks, guarded the doors, swept the floors and much more. These hundreds of thousands of people from all walks of life can testify that the Apollo program was real.

Can you imagine a government conspiracy involving nearly 400,000 people without even one whistle blower revealing the truth?

Reason #3 -- The Paper Trail

The Apollo program left an awesome paper trail, including blueprints, spec sheets, memoranda, budgets -- you name it! Every nut and bolt on a Saturn V rocket, every clasp in an astronaut's space suit, every welding joint, every pressure valve... you get the idea ... all these things were meticulously documented. "For the Saturn V rocket alone there is more than 2000 linear feet of documentation stored in the National Archives outside of Atlanta." says Roger Launius, NASA's chief historian. That's nearly the same length as seven football fields laid end-to-end.

For a physical scientist, the unique composition of Moon rocks might be the most persuasive evidence that humans visited the Moon and returned. But for a research historian, the staggering number of self-consistent original documents testifies powerfully to the reality of Apollo.

Reason #4 -- More Witnesses

Tens of thousands of people personally (not on TV -- they were there in person) saw the Apollo Saturn V rockets blast off for the Moon. Watching the departure of those behemoths -- the largest rockets ever built -- was an unforgettable experience for the spectators. The rockets were even visible in space. "At the time of the Apollo 8 mission I was heading a team at the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory's satellite tracking station on top of Haleakala, Maui, Hawaii," recalls astronomer David Le Conte, "We took lots of photographs of the trans-lunar burn, clearly showing the spacecraft turning and heading out of Earth's orbit. These photographs were widely published, for example in Time and Life magazines. On subsequent nights (and for subsequent Apollo flights, including Apollo 11, when I was Manager of the Mount Hopkins, Arizona, station) we photographed the receding spacecraft and their waste dumps as far we could with our equipment."

"I can only think that the (conspiracy) theorists are relatively young. Nobody who experienced the Apollo Program first hand could ever doubt its achievements." -- Le Conte

Reason #5 -- Things Left Behind on the Moon

Apollo astronauts left something behind on the Moon that we can see from Earth -- small mirrors called "corner cube retroreflector arrays." The first retroreflector was positioned on the Moon in 1969 by the Apollo 11 astronauts so that it would point toward Earth and be able to reflect pulses of laser light fired from our planet. Because the retroreflectors require no power, they are still operating normally more than 30 years after Neil Armstrong set foot on the Moon. Scientists from around the world regularly bounce laser pulses from these distant reflectors to learn more about tides, the Moon's rotation, Einstein's theory of relativity, and much more.

The Soviet Union and France also deposited a retroreflector on the Moon using an unmanned spacecraft, Lunakhod 2. That device was not placed on the lunar surface as carefully as the Apollo astronauts were able to situate their retroreflectors. As a result, the Lunakhod 2 mirror produces a weaker laser echo than the smaller Apollo reflectors -- devices that benefited from the personal attention of humans on the Moon.

Can you imagine a government conspiracy involving nearly 400,000 people without even one whistle blower revealing the truth?

"I can only think that the (conspiracy) theorists are relatively young. Nobody who experienced the Apollo Program first hand could ever doubt its achievements." -- Le Conte

Reason #5 -- Things Left Behind on the Moon

Apollo astronauts left something behind on the Moon that we can see from Earth -- small mirrors called "corner cube retroreflector arrays." The first retroreflector was positioned on the Moon in 1969 by the Apollo 11 astronauts so that it would point toward Earth and be able to reflect pulses of laser light fired from our planet. Because the retroreflectors require no power, they are still operating normally more than 30 years after Neil Armstrong set foot on the Moon. Scientists from around the world regularly bounce laser pulses from these distant reflectors to learn more about tides, the Moon's rotation, Einstein's theory of relativity, and much more.

See, I knew I'd read something was visible that was left behind...blame it on the public education system.....also speaking of HUGE conspiracies...I think that also applies to 9/11, impossible to cover up something that would take so many people to pull off

^^^

just in my defence, i said i do believe in the moon landing, lol, so i hope that wasnt a snipe at me, im just tryin to keep the thread going :)

there is a great movie about the supposed 9/11 conspiracy called Loose Change (again, im not trying to take sides but...)anyway, back on subject

^^^

just in my defence, i said i do believe in the moon landing, lol, so i hope that wasnt a snipe at me, im just tryin to keep the thread going :)

no 'snipe' intended... :D

Five Reasons to Believe We've Been to the Moon

Reason #1 -- Moon Rocks

Apollo astronauts didn't return empty-handed. They brought 841 pounds of the Moon back with them. Apollo Moon samples range in size from sand and pebbles to basketball-sized rocks. Moon rocks are completely different from rocks native to Earth. Their mineral content is unique and they show distinctive signs of exposure to the solar wind, cosmic rays and meteoroid impacts. To a trained geologist there's no mistaking a Moon rock. But you don't have to take the word of an expert. There are museums in the United States where you can inspect Moon rocks for yourself and see the distinctive meteoroid impact pits that pepper nearly all rocks from the Moon. It's rock-hard evidence that the Apollo program really did happen!

im not so knowkegeble, but ive heard that the moon contains pretty much all the same elements and rocks as the Earth does, and would it not be possible to, idk, somehow apply radiation to rocks to create the illusion that they were on the moon?

im not so knowkegeble, but ive heard that the moon contains pretty much all the same elements and rocks as the Earth does, and would it not be possible to, idk, somehow apply radiation to rocks to create the illusion that they were on the moon?

In general the rocks collected from the Moon are extremely old compared to rocks found on the Earth, as measured by radiometric dating techniques. The youngest of the rocks is older than the oldest rocks seen on Earth. They range in age from 3.2 billion years from the basalt samples from the lunar mares, up to 4.6 billion years in the highlands.

Among the new minerals found on the Moon was armalcolite, which is named for the three astronauts on the Apollo 11 mission: Armstrong, Aldrin, and Collins.

Moon Rocks

Edited by Pax Unum

Has Nasa ever really given a reason as to why it's been so long since we've decided to go back?

I'm a pretty reasonable guy, but in my opinion this is just retarded unless they have a really good reason for not going back.

Has Nasa ever really given a reason as to why it's been so long since we've decided to go back?

I'm a pretty reasonable guy, but in my opinion this is just retarded unless they have a really good reason for not going back.

what would have been a good reason for America to shell out billions of dollars, to explore an airless, scorched cinder? just wondering...

we are interested now, because we believe substantial amounts of water may be there. making a base much more possible