Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World needs to destoy itself now

billystevo

If everyone did something like I do, then there would be no world hunger because the damn government and whatnot would be spending money on them! And we CAN do more than complain. If we all try together we could possibly convince them somehow.

I'm confused on what 'government' you are talking about. I hope you are talking about the petty dictatorships such as in Samolia and not 'our' government which already shells out billions in foreign aid.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joc

• Sherapy

• ShaunZero

• Jodie.Lynne

Joc our goverment shells out less than 1% in aiding anyone...Most others give more...

Joc our goverment shells out less than 1% in aiding anyone...Most others give more...

Really now? How about you list the names of the 'others' and how much they give and to whom and what the percentage is of their GNP...and while you are at it, since you obviously know, why don't you list who we give money to and how much.

Really now? How about you list the names of the 'others' and how much they give and to whom and what the percentage is of their GNP...and while you are at it, since you obviously know, why don't you list who we give money to and how much.

Stroppy are we? :huh:

Stroppy are we? :huh:

It is easy to throw out misinformation...anyone can do that....I'm just asking that the information being 'thrown out' have a little substance behind it.

That poverty exists anywhere in the world is not the fault of the United States Government.

It's not our fault!

You are right Joc - poverty in other parts of the world isn't our fault.

But poverty HERE is!

It is inexcusable and barbaric that there should be any poor in this country. That there should be people who are allowed to live on the streets, and for the common man NOT to be able to afford the neccesities of life.

For example: I have recently changed jobs, and currently have no health insurance. My daughter is an epileptic and requires two different medications. The other day I went to the pharmacy to find out how much it would cost to fill her scrip. The price for a 30 day supply was $249.99. And that was for just ONE of the medications. I cannot imagine how people who just don't have the insurance can afford to stay well.

So maybe, if people worked to make their own little corner of the planet ideal, then we could help those who fall below the mark.

But, as Sheri said: It all starts with one person.

It is easy to throw out misinformation...anyone can do that....I'm just asking that the information being 'thrown out' have a little substance behind it.

That poverty exists anywhere in the world is not the fault of the United States Government.

It's not our fault!

If not us then who, until we begin to see anothers plight as our own we aren't gonna be able to change anything grow as a humainty, we have simply got to decide if we even want to care about each other, That country isn't over there out of sight out of mind , We aren't different becasue of borders...it is our responsibility we are suppossedly a super power, what kind of super power lets some starve, when there is plenty for all????When we are responsible for all of it then we can change all of it....I've been down this road with you on the conditons of the planet and i told you then sometimes the truth is uncomfortable but thats where we have to start, by telling the truth..... .

All this talk of " poverty " and ( forgivr me I went back a few posts ) our government not helping out?....How many have taxes , social security taken out of their checks?...Now , look where this money is going...Single moms pumping out fatherless children , drug addicts refusing to want help , but want the " welfare" , un-emplymant checks for the lazy , public schooling with no structure , lack of respect for others, and self , government , armed forces protecting us , etc , etc , etc....And when disasters happen , who is the first to have " relief efforts " , including television specials , and concerts...?...Good old USA , where was the help for us when the hurricane hit from other countries?....9-11?....And for above , how to help the poverty , I can't even go there , way to many issues.....I for one am sick of paying for un-employed , and single moms that refuse to work and help out society.....Ask me and I say we help way to much , make it way to easy to be lazy and cry about how " un-fair " our government is....As for perscriptions , I agree 100% , but everything I said is the reason they are so expensive.......Get a education , close your legs , get a job , help society.....I would also bet no more than 5% of people posting not registered to vote , could be wrong , but bet I am close..

Edited by rob lester

You are right Joc - poverty in other parts of the world isn't our fault.

But poverty HERE is!

I must disagree. It isn't the Federal Governments fault that there is poverty. I am sorry about your daughter and your med situation...I truly am...I know that the State of Texas has something called Texas Health Risk Pool which is supported by Blue Cross...the premiums are outrageous but if you can't get health insurance anywhere else, at least in Texas that is an alternative...you might want to look into that in your state.

That you changed jobs however is not the fault of the government. That people make bad choices and wind up living on the streets is not the fault of the government. It is not the responsibility of the government to put food on everyones table. And if you are truly unable to find food for yourself, there are plenty of Food Pantrys to be found.

Poverty is the fault of the impoverished. Harsh sounding I know...but it is true. There will always be a sector of society that is mentally incompetent. That is not the fault of the Federal Government. We live in a land of unheard of opportunity. Now, if good and evil are relative terms of which neither really exist....why isn't Wealth and Poverty relative as well? I would like to see someone bring one of the 'starving' Africans to their home and set them down in front of a color TV in the air conditioned environment and let them take a bath and then sit them down to a meal of whatever is for supper and convince them that this is poverty in America. To take it a step farther, bring anyone of the starving Africans and put them on any corner of America, show them a soup kitchen and then explain that this is poverty. Isn't it relative as well? And how could it possibly be the fault of the government?

If not us then who

of all of sheri's post, i found those words the most significant. truly an incredible question, one which forces the reader to re examine themselves and realize that there isn't necessarily someone out there who can pick up the slack for us, us as those able to do something, and all of us need to contribute, so while joc is right, it isn't the US's fault for global poverty, there should be no fault assigned, instead if we spent less time blaming we could possibly divert attention to finding a solution..sorry everyone, just my two cents :yes:

All this talk of " poverty " and ( forgivr me I went back a few posts ) our government not helping out?....How many have taxes , social security taken out of their checks?...Now , look where this money is going...Single moms pumping out fatherless children , drug addicts refusing to want help , but want the " welfare" , un-emplymant checks for the lazy , etc , etc , etc....And when disasters happen , who is the first to have " relief efforts " , including television specials , and concerts...?...Good old USA , where was the help for us when the hurricane hit from other countries?....9-11?....And for above , how to help the poverty , I can't even go there , way to many issues.....I for one am sick of paying for un-employed , and single moms that refuse to work and help out society.....Ask me and I say we help way to much , make it way to easy to be lazy and cry about how " un-fair " our government is....As for perscriptions , I agree 100% , but everything I said is the reason they are so expensive.......Get a education , close your legs , get a job , help society.....

not to mention that since 1985, the increase in money spent on prisons nationwide topped $20 billion. That is almost twice the increase in dollars spent on colleges and universities...

Edited by Pax Unum

All this talk of " poverty " and ( forgivr me I went back a few posts ) our government not helping out?....How many have taxes , social security taken out of their checks?...Now , look where this money is going...Single moms pumping out fatherless children , drug addicts refusing to want help , but want the " welfare" , un-emplymant checks for the lazy , public schooling with no structure , lack of respect for others and self , etc , etc , etc....And when disasters happen , who is the first to have " relief efforts " , including television specials , and concerts...?...Good old USA , where was the help for us when the hurricane hit from other countries?....9-11?....And for above , how to help the poverty , I can't even go there , way to many issues.....I for one am sick of paying for un-employed , and single moms that refuse to work and help out society.....Ask me and I say we help way to much , make it way to easy to be lazy and cry about how " un-fair " our government is....As for perscriptions , I agree 100% , but everything I said is the reason they are so expensive.......Get a education , close your legs , get a job , help society.....

I'd say ameriac has great citizens, the goverment is another entity, 9/11 it was the people of america i was one of them as were many, the new orleans i gave plenty...The goverment didn't even come in right away, i've been in disaters the earth quakes i know plenty about the help of the goverment, yes we pay taxes and our told our money goes here and there , but does it? also the welfare system what a joke you'd fare better homeless...begging.

Edited by Sheri berri

Exactly.....Here is what our issue is ( USA ) .....excuse this if considered bad , but truly a good name for it....... " pussification of America "

of all of sheri's post, i found those words the most significant. truly an incredible question, one which forces the reader to re examine themselves and realize that there isn't necessarily someone out there who can pick up the slack for us, us as those able to do something, and all of us need to contribute, so while joc is right, it isn't the US's fault for global poverty, there should be no fault assigned, instead if we spent less time blaming we could possibly divert attention to finding a solution..sorry everyone, just my two cents :yes:

Gacies that got me once upon a time too, those words changed my perspective and life and many others too becasue now i see all of us in this together blaming didn't change anyhting...thankyou for standing with me Glacies i really appreciate it and you too JMPD1 :D my fellow Taurus friend :D

Do our taxes go there?...Yes , women who have children without knowing who is father get money from our taxes , even the " grandparents " if not working get it if they are raising those children.Check around on " drug users" , 90% of them getting un-emplyment.And yes , welfare system is a joke , because people abuse it and are allowed to.As for the homeless , there is a very small percentage that maybe , I stress maybe , could use the help.But it is the large percentage that ruins this.

Edited by rob lester

joc is a mindless sheep trolling the forums, it is best to just ignore.

None of that matters. What matters is this:

We have alot of money we can use in other ways than we currently use it.

Their are children starving to death every day who need food and we have the money to supply them with this.

No need for fancy arguements and what not.

Edited by ZeroShadow

Do our taxes go there?...Yes , women who have children without knowing who is father get money from our taxes , even the " grandparents " if not working get it if they are raising those children.Check around on " drug users" , 90% of them getting un-emplyment.And yes , welfare system is a joke , because people abuse it and are allowed to.As for the homeless , there is a very small percentage that maybe , I stress maybe , could use the help.But it is the large percentage that ruins this.

You meed to look into this your information is false, ...this is what most say who don't really know anything....No offense but this is TV education talk....

Edited by Sheri berri

None of that matters. What matters is this:

We have alot of money we can use in other ways that we currently use.

Their are children starving to death every day who need money.

No need to fancy arguements and what not.

:tu: thankyou Zero

joc is entitled to his own opinion, though i do agree with zero and sheri on this point.

We have sure had our disagreements thanks for the word up :tu:

Their are children starving to death every day who need money.

You know this for a fact?

i agree whith all of you except the for the part where the earth blows up or something like that, i say we run this planet dry and then infect the other planets whith humans untill the universe is gone :P

It is inexcusable and barbaric that there should be any poor in this country. That there should be people who are allowed to live on the streets, and for the common man NOT to be able to afford the neccesities of life

It is inevitable that there will be poverty stricken people, its a fact of life. I think helping on a personal level is good, but you just can't through money at them and expect them to come out of it. A lot of homeless people had homes and money in the past but most, not all, squandered it away. We can help a lot but when it comes down to it there will be homeless people.