Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World needs to destoy itself now

billystevo

Lol , think I do not check where my tax dollars go?....T.V . what?

BUDGETTED: Current Military, $563 billion:

• Military Personnel $110 billion

• Operation & Maint. $162 billion

• Procurement $90 billion

• Research & Dev. $72 billion

• Construction $8 billion

• Family Housing $4 billion

• DoD misc. $4 billion

• Retired Pay $49 billion

• DoE nuclear weapons $17 billion

• NASA (50%) $8 billion

• International Security $8 billion

• Homeland Secur. (military) $27 billion

• Exec. Office of President $2 billion

• other military (non-DoD) $2 billion

UNBUDGETTED: Iraq & Afghanistan Wars

$100 billion (est.):

Most of the spending for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is not included in the President’s Budget but the Administration will seek supplemental appropriations later this year as it has in the past three years. This is likely an underestimate.

Past Military,

$439 billion:

• Veterans’ Benefits $76 billion

• Interest on national debt $353 billion (80% est. to be created by military spending)

Human Resources, $748 billion:

• Health/Human Services

• Soc. Sec. Administration

• Education Dept.

• Food/Nutrition programs

• Housing & Urban Dev.

• Labor Dept.

• other human resources.

General Government, $281 billion:

• Interest on debt (20%)

• Treasury • Government personnel • Justice Dept.

• State Dept.

• Homeland Security (17%)

• International Affairs

• NASA (50%)

• Judicial

• Legislative

• other general govt.

Physical Resources, $131 billion:

• Agriculture

• Interior

• Transportation

• HUD

• Commerce

• Energy (non-military)

• Environmental Protection

• Nat. Science Fdtn.

• Army Corps Engineers

• Fed. Comm. Commission

• other physical resources

Pay special attention to " human resources" , and compare...If you would like I can get updated , it is open to public if you know where to look :)

Edited by rob lester

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joc

• Sherapy

• ShaunZero

• Jodie.Lynne

Give it time. Eventually the Earth itself will wipe us all out and worr

i guess you haven't heard of Africa????

I was under the assumption that he was talking about America. Of course children are starving in Africa...if you have read my earlier post you would have read my comments on starvation in Africa.

and there are children starving in america and canada as well though. :(

Give it time. Eventually the Earth itself will wipe us all out and worrying will be left to those left behind. A hurricane, earthquake, and a few volcanos and we are set.

and there are children starving in america and canada as well though. :(

Again I ask...you know that for a fact? In Canada? Land of Free Everything? How can this be?

This post was never about how single people can get the World right , but how its in a state that it can never revover from.

Man has destroyed itself by listenining to the wrong people, death is all we can look foreward to either from nuclear bombs or man made virus.

We dont have long to live now due to these people

Its sad so many have to die for a few people who think they are God

I think as I pointed out early on...the thread is actually just a rant from a person who doesn't have a clear understanding of the world. The world isn't all that bad Billy, just because you are going through a crisis doesn't mean

the whole world needs to be destroyed. :rolleyes:

Edited by joc

NFL Owners and Players just agreed to extend the current collective barganing agreement for another 6 years....whew....and I was so close to agreeing with the whole "destroy the world" thing....now all is well :tu:

Rob where did you get the list?????Where's scoob when you need him.......

Arty i can't beleive you said what you said boy you buy into the survival of the fittest construct,

Everywhere someone is going hungry, so do we fight and blame or do we talk solutions????

Edited by Sheri berri

Lol , think I do not check where my tax dollars go?....T.V . what?

BUDGETTED: Current Military, $563 billion:

• Military Personnel $110 billion

• Operation & Maint. $162 billion

• Procurement $90 billion

• Research & Dev. $72 billion

• Construction $8 billion

• Family Housing $4 billion

• DoD misc. $4 billion

• Retired Pay $49 billion

• DoE nuclear weapons $17 billion

• NASA (50%) $8 billion

• International Security $8 billion

• Homeland Secur. (military) $27 billion

• Exec. Office of President $2 billion

• other military (non-DoD) $2 billion

UNBUDGETTED: Iraq & Afghanistan Wars

$100 billion (est.):

Most of the spending for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is not included in the President’s Budget but the Administration will seek supplemental appropriations later this year as it has in the past three years. This is likely an underestimate.

Past Military,

$439 billion:

• Veterans’ Benefits $76 billion

• Interest on national debt $353 billion (80% est. to be created by military spending)

Human Resources, $748 billion:

• Health/Human Services

• Soc. Sec. Administration

• Education Dept.

• Food/Nutrition programs

• Housing & Urban Dev.

• Labor Dept.

• other human resources.

General Government, $281 billion:

• Interest on debt (20%)

• Treasury • Government personnel • Justice Dept.

• State Dept.

• International Affairs

• NASA (50%)

• Judicial

• Legislative

• other general govt.

Physical Resources, $131 billion:

• Agriculture

• Interior

• Transportation

• HUD

• Commerce

• Energy (non-military)

• Environmental Protection

• Nat. Science Fdtn.

• Army Corps Engineers

• Fed. Comm. Commission

• other physical resources

Pay special attention to " human resources" , and compare...If you would like I can get updated , it is open to public if you know where to look :)

Holy hell. All that on weapons to kill? Why not spend money on friggin life. Like feeding teh kids who are starving and getting the homeless a house and food!

Again I ask...you know that for a fact? In Canada? Land of Free Everything? How can this be?

The picture most Canadians have of poverty is of sickly children on the edge of starvation. In highly industrialized societies such as Canada however, this scene is not typical. What prevails instead is deprivation and need. In Canada, people suffer deeply not because the necessities of life barely exist for the population at large -- the state of affairs in many Third World countries -- but because an unequal distribution of income blocks access to Canada's abundance. Poverty in Canada is a matter not of starving but rather of begging for food at food banks and shelters. It is the result of an unequal distribution of riches rather than a lack of riches.

source

there joc, now don't say i never got you anything. :yes:

Please tell me you don't believe that there are no starving kids and families in this world. :no::no:

joc is a mindless sheep trolling the forums, it is best to just ignore.

I have at least 10 posts in this thread...and your ONLY post is accusing me of being mindless and trolling?

...I have this uncanny ability of attracting hypocrits, maybe I have Hypocritkinesis. :rolleyes:

QUOTE(joc @ Mar 10 2006, 03:28 AM) *

Please tell me you don't believe that there are no starving kids and families in this world.

Canada Zero...America Zero...where is the factual evidence that children are starving in these TWO countries? They may be...I would just like to have a source for which you base your opinion on.

Edited by joc

I have at least 10 posts in this thread...and your ONLY post is accusing me of being mindless and trolling?

...I have this uncanny ability of attracting hypocrits, maybe I have Hypocritkinesis. :rolleyes:

How is he a hypcocrit? By not posting, he's being mindless?

By giving his opinion on your posts, he's being trolling?

No, trolling is when a person seeks out posts just to flame. Mindless? He, she, whatever, didn't even read my posts!

Edited by joc

Arty i can't beleive you said what you said boy you buy into the survival of the fittest construct

I stated a fact. Some will remain homeless for one reason or another. We could give some of them $50,000 a piece and in no time they would be homeless again, guaranteed. I'm not saying we shouldn't help them in some way or another but to think we can totally solve the problem is unrealistic. Some will remain poor or homeless because a lack of work ethic, you or I can't help that.

I think as I pointed out early on...the thread is actually just a rant from a person who doesn't have a clear understanding of the world. The world isn't all that bad Billy, just because you are going through a crisis doesn't mean

the whole world needs to be destroyed. :rolleyes:

Actually i'm not going through a crisis , i look at the World and see it being manipulated by stupid people who don't care.

To me we will never live in harmony as a people , so lets start again from scratch and not have Religions etc that divide people. The only way to do that is to depopulise the Earth .

It is inevitable that there will be poverty stricken people, its a fact of life. I think helping on a personal level is good, but you just can't through money at them and expect them to come out of it. A lot of homeless people had homes and money in the past but most, not all, squandered it away. We can help a lot but when it comes down to it there will be homeless people.

What a crass, and uncompromising view of your fellow citezens you have.

I don't happen to have hard data to back up my next statement, you will have to rely on my word.

Most of the people I know are two income families. I also know several single parents who are doing the best they can.

Do you realize that all of these "middle class" people, are about one paycheck above the poverty line?

"Squandered it away". Obviously you've never been laid off work, or had your company close its doors. Have a mortgage on your house? Then pray to whatever gods you believe in that you don't have to be hospitalized. Check what it costs for a 3 day stay in hospital.

Yes I will admit that many homeless are substance abusers, and many have mental problems. Does that mean that we should slam our pocketbooks closed and let the other unfortunates suffer?

Someone recently said "Beware of blanket statements, they tend to cover your eyes".

Perhaps, it would prove beneficial to many on this board to donate some of their time to a homeless shelter or soup kitchen. It might do you a world of good. But then, I don't expect many will take me up on the offer.

Do you realize that all of these "middle class" people, are about one paycheck above the poverty line?

Which gets back to the question of relevancy. Poverty? Compared to what? What is your definition of poverty? Not being able to pay all your bills on time?

So the original one who said we spend billions on defense could better be used feedng and caring for each other was passed over, well i heard you Zero and I'm with you, so is Glacies and jmpd,

glacies i think your reason fits the main reason we have poverty thankyou for posting.

you are the only one that screams hypocrite joc, even in the most heated moments and i've had my share with you, i wouldn't say anything more than challenging...which is actually appreciated by me, one doesn't grow if they are never challenged, so maybe the hypocrosy you see gets its roots in you....just a thought :D

Actually i'm not going through a crisis , i look at the World and see it being manipulated by stupid people who don't care.

To me we will never live in harmony as a people , so lets start again from scratch and not have Religions etc that divide people. The only way to do that is to depopulise the Earth .

Well if you keep believing that, and other people as well, then you are right: it will never get better.

However, if people like you started to do something positive, it WILL get better. One. Step. At. A. Time.

But then I see a lot of people who think its easier to just crawl into a corner and wait for the end. Its not as much work.

I don't happen to have hard data to back up my next statement, you will have to rely on my word.

Most of the people I know are two income families. I also know several single parents who are doing the best they can.

"Squandered it away". Obviously you've never been laid off work, or had your company close its doors. Have a mortgage on your house? Then pray to whatever gods you believe in that you don't have to be hospitalized. Check what it costs for a 3 day stay in hospital.

Yes I will admit that many homeless are substance abusers, and many have mental problems. Does that mean that we should slam our pocketbooks closed and let the other unfortunates suffer?

Someone recently said "Beware of blanket statements, they tend to cover your eyes".

Perhaps, it would prove beneficial to many on this board to donate some of their time to a homeless shelter or soup kitchen. It might do you a world of good. But then, I don't expect many will take me up on the offer.

You know nothing about what I've done for fellow citizens. Its easy to talk a big because it makes you feel good, but true everyday actions are what makes an overall impact.

Please tell me you don't believe that there are no starving kids and families in this world.

Canada Zero...America Zero...where is the factual evidence that children are starving in these TWO countries? They may be...I would just like to have a source for which you base your opinion on.

I agree. When it comes to such subjects, I become a sensitive guy. I can't help but want to help those I see in need. Hell, I don't even like seeing stray animals that look hungry.

Which gets back to the question of relevancy. Poverty? Compared to what? What is your definition of poverty? Not being able to pay all your bills on time?

I was illustrating the fact that any one of us could be homeless due to circumstances beyond our control. Some are homeless by choice of lifestyle. But not the majority.