Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran vows “crushing and lethal response”

thebarman

from what I hear most middle easterns military's like the idea of a dramatic charge. instead of Fire-and-Manuever

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PadawanOsswe

• Sanjuro

• Trix

• Ghidorah

Top Posters In This Topic

That video was amusing. And whats great, is that is most likely their best trained soldiers, and technology.

We wouldnt even need a troop on the ground to destroy all the vehicles in the video.

Also, here is a video of Israeli military training. So this is some of the infantry the Iranians would infact face. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/60733/top_se...itary_training/

And this is fighting the US military

http://www.globalspecialoperations.com/com...jtacandasts.wmv

Here is some more american military video, ill try to find more. http://www.globalspecialoperations.com/com...s/uh60mosul.wmv

more.. http://www.globalspecialoperations.com/com..._Thunder_lg.wmv

and one last fighting america http://www.globalspecialoperations.com/com...CASFallujah.wmv

Edited by HurtingSpirit

who makes those little war propoganda films they are cute...the Iranians showing off their 1970s jets which they dont even have parts for. of a fleet of 350 fighter jets they got about 235 of them running. the U.S. could beat them in 6 hours.

who makes those little war propoganda films they are cute...the Iranians showing off their 1970s jets which they dont even have parts for. of a fleet of 350 fighter jets they got about 235 of them running. the U.S. could beat them in 6 hours.

and most of those they acquired from the almighty Sadaam.

A jet made in the 70's can still kill a young soldiers born in '88. :yes:

Head to head with newer, better jets such as the US', Israel, the EU's, or Russias, I think they'll be screwed though.

Well somebody should put the u.s in there place....well not the citizinions :blush:

the us place is on the top so i dont know what you are talking about

how many people want the war to go on

and how many want it to stop...

I for one want it to stop

Im sure we all want it to stop. I'm afraid that unfortunatly, war will continue to go on, not matter what. :hmm:

this war would be over in 2 days if the sent in John Rambo... ramboIII agrees dont ya?? :D:D i do hope it stops soon... but the things are looking kinda grim :hmm:

I hope they come up with a peaceful resolution.

I agree to this :tu:.

For the other stating that this is WWIII & listing "active" troops, well that would be major trouble for countries going against the US. The key word is "active" troops. The US has huge reserves & much better training/technology than the opposing countries. Anyway, I agree with those that state this is not WWIII. China has too much to loose & Russia overall is still struggling. Back in the ages of the Cold War I believe we were closer to WWIII than we are now.

this war would be over in 2 days if the sent in John Rambo... ramboIII agrees dont ya?? :D:D i do hope it stops soon... but the things are looking kinda grim :hmm:

yea man!! just send in a green beret or five and it will all be over soon... but to tell the truth we need to assasinate that crazy leader of theirs! have you heard what he has been saying.. hes insane

For the other stating that this is WWIII & listing "active" troops, well that would be major trouble for countries going against the US. The key word is "active" troops. The US has huge reserves & much better training/technology than the opposing countries. Anyway, I agree with those that state this is not WWIII. China has too much to loose & Russia overall is still struggling. Back in the ages of the Cold War I believe we were closer to WWIII than we are now.

America actually only has about half the troops in Reserves that the Iranians have. America has about 2.5 million troops 1.4 million active.

See what many people don't understand is a bullet will kill you no matter how much technology or training you have. but don't get me wrong. Such technology would be useful, but you cannot drop a 1000lbs bomb while Iranians and Americans are fighting 60 Feet away from each other with out taking out a a few Americans.

And Russia and China has alot to gain. China could become the dominate power in the pacific and Russia could become a world power once more by selling the Iranians, and Chinese billions in weapons.

But these to nations will not threaten America, Britain, or any of the major world powers. China will go after Taiwan and Russia will have some nice fat contracts to jump start it's economy (kinda like America did during WW2). So WWIII is probably the wrong thing to call such a war. It's more like the great Asian war. A war which a Superpower is born and a new age of global politics is born.

surely the US+allies could take out the nuclear facilities in a surgical air strike leaving itself in a position where any Iranian response would be easily crushed through air superiority alone?

without air superiority, any conventional army will get slaughtered, its as simpe as that, especially since Iranian retaliation would have to be on the offensive, they'd be moving large numbers of troops across what? desert?

He reminds me of the info minister of Iraq as the US soldiers where behind him shooting and defeating them and he was saying the invaders were being defeated by them. :lol:

Even more so now:

Iran’s Defence Ministers says enemies won’t dare attack

Fri. 10 Mar 2006

Tehran, Iran, Mar. 10 – Iran’s enemies will not dare launch a military strike on the country’s nuclear installations because of the organised radical Islamists ready to defend the ruling theocracy, the country’s Defence Minister Mostafa Mohammad-Najjar told military commanders in the western city of Khorramabad on Friday.

“With the existence of you Bassijis and ever-present members of Hezbollah, no power will think of aggression against the Islamic Republic”, Brigadier General Mohammad-Najjar said. His comments were carried by the government-run news agency Fars.

The Defence Minister was referring to the paramilitary Bassij, an offshoot of the Revolutionary Guards that was given police powers in 2005.

The general’s comments are part of an escalating war of words between Iran and the United States in the wake of the decision by the International Atomic Energy Agency to send Iran’s nuclear file to the United Nations Security Council.

Source

----------------------------------------------

I really feel sorry for these guys, they hate the west sure but they're just victims of the religious hatred crap spouted by their leaders.

they're just victims of the religious hatred crap spouted by their leaders.

Agree.

Iran’s Defence Ministers says enemies won’t dare attack

Fri. 10 Mar 2006

Tehran, Iran, Mar. 10 – Iran’s enemies will not dare launch a military strike on the country’s nuclear installations because of the organised radical Islamists ready to defend the ruling theocracy, the country’s Defence Minister Mostafa Mohammad-Najjar told military commanders in the western city of Khorramabad on Friday.

“With the existence of you Bassijis and ever-present members of Hezbollah, no power will think of aggression against the Islamic Republic”, Brigadier General Mohammad-Najjar said. His comments were carried by the government-run news agency Fars.

Now, this is an interesting piece of reasoning. The Islamic Republic of Iran is convinced that none of it's enemies would "dare to launch a military strike on the country's nuclear installations" due to their supposed military might? I do not think this is the real reason for their belief.

I contend that it is far more dependant upon what the actions of Iran will be, not their ability to instill fear into others with their military, that will determine what actions the U.S. and other nations will take. When pushed to a position where one's own existence is sufficiently threatened the United States, and other nations, will do what is necessary to protect themselves. One only has to look at historical precedent to know that this is the case.

In World War Two the United States was threatened by both the Japanese in the Pacific, and Nazi Germany in Europe. Eventually, when confronted with the knowledge that Japan would not surrender, but would rather prolong the war, force invasion (where there would be massive casualities) the United States made the decision to use the atomic bomb against Japan.

Here is the statement of the U.S., dropped by leaflet over Japan.

It is a foolish assumption indeed to think that because the United States has shown restraint in the last 60 years (ie, has not unleashed all of it's might) that it would tolerate hostile nations achieving a position that would allow them to inflict a "crushing and lethal response" against the United States. Remember, humanity and the consideration for the innocent involved in these situations will not prevail when one's own safety and existence are threatened. This is the harsh reality of the situation at hand.

but you cannot drop a 1000lbs bomb while Iranians and Americans are fighting 60 Feet away from each other with out taking out a a few Americans.

lol, do you think that modern warfare is fought standing out in the middle of a field?

lol, do you think that modern warfare is fought standing out in the middle of a field?

Of course, otherwise the horses can't get up to speed and the spears just bounce off the armor...

...and you call yourself a Marine... :rolleyes:

:P

Of course, otherwise the horses can't get up to speed and the spears just bounce off the armor...

...and you call yourself a Marine... :rolleyes:

:P

you guys gots horses ?? :(

i needs a horse

you guys gots horses ?? :(

i needs a horse

well, we have lots of giant Bulldogs to ride on? :hmm: