Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Death Penalty

et's daddy

152 members have voted

1. 1. which method do you think is best

• electric chair
    • lethal injection
    • firing squad
    • gas chamber
    • hanging
    • other

i guess i think lethal injection is the best

least chance for survival :D

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldTimeRadio

• Kazahel

• War Eagle

• ASOP

Well, if I had to choose for myself, it would be lethal injection. Although, apparently there are those who are claiming that it is not as benign as it's made out to be. Though how they know, I have no idea.

If I had to choose for myself, I'd go with the firing squad...which is what I chose...

but I think crucifying people would def. work :yes:

if the punishment is a deterrent, I wonder if televised hangings wouldn't get the message across better... just a thought.

Life sentences only. Too many innocent people have been found on death row and the longer messed up people are locked up the more we can learn of prevention and treatment.

Edited by Bella-Angelique

I can only pick one?! :(

I chose hanging, but I am a firm believer in it being a public hanging. :tu:

The death penalty should be legal every where and should be expanded to other crimes such as some sexual crimes.

Edited by __Kratos__

Well I personally am not the greatest fan of the death penalty although I do believe some criminals do deserve it. If it does have to be done though I would choose the most humane method if any form of killing can be called humane. Prolonging it would just make us as bad as them in my opinion.So probably lethal injection.

#1. The death penalty is so wrong on so many levels.

#2. If I must choose, I choose beheading, or death with honor in a stadium....fighting a bear

Well I personally am not the greatest fan of the death penalty although I do believe some criminals do deserve it. If it does have to be done though I would choose the most humane method if any form of killing can be called humane. Prolonging it would just make us as bad as them in my opinion.So probably lethal injection.

ditto bubs

I choose public hanging.

For Sexual Crimes done by a Man:

For victims under 17 yrs old - Casteration

For victims over 17 yrs old - One Testicle surgically removed

For Women who commit sexual crimes: I'm unsure, maybe a facial tattoo

Id first PROVE he was the criminal and if its 99.9% pointing at the guy and hes found guilty hang him :yes:

i suppose i could have added Drawn and Quartered

for some crimes that would get my vote :devil:

#1. The death penalty is so wrong on so many levels.

#2. If I must choose, I choose beheading, or death with honor in a stadium....fighting a bear

fighting a bear!!!! :tu:

None. The death sentance is BARBARIC. If it is such a deterrent why does the US have such a high murder rate compared to the European Union?

None. The death sentance is BARBARIC. If it is such a deterrent why does the US have such a high murder rate compared to the European Union?

If I'm not mistaken, the EU has a rising murder rate. Also, maybe countries, like Scotland, shouldn't be hiding up crimes by not reporting them. ;) No crime if nobody knows about it, right?

As for the US murder rate, seems to be part of the "culture" of some areas for the bigger chunk of the murder percent.

i voted lethal injection ...i think they should use it more often :huh:

the chair all the way. on the subject of the US and death penalties, did you hear george bush actually invented the electric couch? that way he can fry up to 4 people at once! :yes:

maybe because in america they sell guns on every corner

If I'm not mistaken, the EU has a rising murder rate. Also, maybe countries, like Scotland, shouldn't be hiding up crimes by not reporting them. ;) No crime if nobody knows about it, right?

As for the US murder rate, seems to be part of the "culture" of some areas for the bigger chunk of the murder percent.

:tu: a culture issue....

hanging takes too long......lethal injection is too costly.

for 1 $ and 3 seconds....firing squad! :tu:

How many executions do we actually go through with in the US? Maybe four a year? To have the death penalty but so rarely use it is not a deterrent at all....

How many executions do we actually go through with in the US? Maybe four a year? To have the death penalty but so rarely use it is not a deterrent at all....

exactly...murders get to sit in prison on our tax dollars...

a great example - charlie manson who btw is up for parole, again in 2007 - did we really need to keep this man alive?