Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stuffed Animals On The Move

Agent_21

Link

I remember visiting this museum when it was situated in the Sussex village of Bramber. It was one of those places local children tended to be taken to in the school holidays, and about the only thing of note in Bramber apart from a decrepit castle and a Tea Shoppe. It moved briefly to Arundel - a larger place in Sussex with a great castle - and then to Cornwall. I still have the museum brochure depicting such scenes as the Kittens' Wedding and the Death and Burial of c*** Robin. Creepy.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent_21

• Starlyte

• Kryso

• Rakshasas

I seem to have a strange recollection of possibly having seen this display some-where or other when I was little. Being of English birth (don’t let the country of Mexico confuse you, I’m a 100% British side of beef, I mealy moved to Mexico 2 years ago!) thumbsup.gif

The collection was most recently at the Jamaica Inn in Cornwall.

What I remember was the mawkishness of it and the dead eyes staring out of the glass cases. I've no idea why it was considered a suitable place for young children.

I still get the dreams...playing cricket, when I notice a giant Kitten rolling up his shirtsleeves and glaring down the wicket at me. wacko.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Agent_21

A couple of pictures:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

More unusual pieces include a selection of so-called ‘freaks’, that is, animals born with severe abnormalities. A two-headed lamb, a two-faced kitten and a duck with four legs were all given to the museum by local farmers, and stuffed by Potter to retain their rare and unusual characteristics. In Victorian times, the shocking disfigurements were found intriguing and drew many visitors to the museum.

Link to above paragraph with picture

Weird stuff. ph34r.gif

Oh I have seen a pic of the 2 faced kitten before. Very unfortunate animal.

Eeeww!! you went there as a kid , the dreams are understandable ....

Those things are absolutely hideous , mind you I'm not sure taxidermi is a completely waisted art form . I mean I know quite a few people I would like to see get stuffed grin2.gif

Eeeww!!  you went there as a kid , the dreams are understandable ....

That was just a little joke, of course. A daft one, but one I thought might amuse in general and in particular. That's why I found myself coming here so often; unlike 'real life' I can't honestly think of any cases worthy of taxidermy here.

A:21 PAX

Edited by Agent_21

who would want to buy that stuff? well, i might like SOME of it... or... um... all... or... scared.gif

huh.gif those scenes are disturbing... i mean i like seeing the cartoons and books with animals being personified as humans, but thats just weird... I bet the spirits of those animals are pretty p***ed that their bodies were posed like that... dontgetit.gif

• 1 year later...

ewwww... who would wanna buy any stuffed animals.......YUCK!!

and the poor animals... i duobt all fo those squirls and cats dies happily...

Ye gods, those are very very creepy!

This reminds me of the time my Dad got a deer head stuffed, thought it was so pretty he hung it over my bed. I was 7 years old... I really did have nightmares. O_o I can't imagine anyone wanting this collection. But each to their own, not like they hurt the animals or anything, they were already dead.