Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saskatchewan haunted locations?

spiritlady

Hi everyone

I'm from sask. canada here there are a few hauntings/ haunted places.

i've been to four and the first two where neat.

First Place

st.louise ghost train - is one i've been to and it is neat to watch, people say it's just tunle vision, but i don't think so. the light getts very bright and it does get pretty close to you

if you watch it for to long it does fade back abit. but i've walked down where the old track bed once was and we go pretty far in the bushes, i can't see how it could be car lights, the bush is to thick and the light apears to come around a corner when u first see it coming at u.

second place

st.andwers Church - not to far from the ghost train, it was built in the latr 1800's,

if anyplace ever scared me it would be this place, why maybe the way it looks at you when u drive up to it, or the way u feel when u walk in, a feeling of not being welcome, and being watched constently, from what i could pick up from being there there are three spirits

that are trapped there, one of them meets you at the door, off to the left side, i felt him as i walked in and taped him telling us to "go away". and next spirit i felt in there was female and i kindd of got a pic of her standing at the far window, she was all a misty shape. she felt sad to me. the next one i felt was in the proch area at the back of the church. male figure would show himself if you where out side looking in. everyone else saw it but me

because i was the last one out the door.

third place

st.pauls hospital - in saskatoon , apparently there are nuns that haunt the basement area,

there where two of us and we didn't stay to long ,my friend couldn't find our way there, and a doctor found us so the story of the nuns will have to wait for now.

fourth place

the belta bess'' hotel - we walked around the first three floors and i took pics here and there, the sec floor (confrence rooms) it felt pretty active.

my sis worked there at one time and she told me to go down to the basement thats where the old man is.

but so far those are the places i have gone too here in saskatchewan, if its close by me i'll go out and see for myself, there are other places in the contry and in the cities, but i haven't got around to they yet. :) maybe when the snow goes.

spiritlady :)

Hmm I'd be really glad to see some pictures if you can send them... :tu:

Very interesting Spiritlady. :tu: If you haven't already you should pick up a book called Ghost Stories of Saskatchewan. Should have all the popular hauntings in your province and might have the stories you've spoke about :yes:

I live in Manitoba, so I naturally picked up Ghost Stories of Manitoba. I have yet to visit all of the haunted sites in Winnipeg. Need more time and a car :lol:

Hey guys

Very interesting Spiritlady. If you haven't already you should pick up a book called Ghost Stories of Saskatchewan. Should have all the popular hauntings in your province and might have the stories you've spoke about

Ya i have both books and many more on the ghost stories (i'm a collector of them) . and try to go to ones near by.thx for the info.

Hmm I'd be really glad to see some pictures if you can send them...

sure i'll try and find them and post them up.

Spiritlady :)

Here are some pics of the church ceiling and i like to call her the church lady

[attachmentid=23990]

[attachmentid=23991]

[attachmentid=23992]

post-25061-1142285931.jpg

post-25061-1142287892.jpg

post-25061-1142287918.jpg

Hmm Maybe you can browse the Internet or Library perhaps? :hmm:

Hi Spiritlady. I am also from saskatchewan and I don't live not too far from St Louis. I was wondering in what road is St Andrews Church is, or where it is near by. Batoche Provincial Park has the graveyard that gives me the creeps and I had taken alot of pictures there. I have done alot of Ghost hunting in the prince albert area, but so far no avail in contact with Ghosts. I will keep in mind of the other three places that you have mentioned. :tu:

Hi Spiritlady. I am also from saskatchewan and I don't live not too far from St Louis. I was wondering in what road is St Andrews Church is, or where it is near by. Batoche Provincial Park has the graveyard that gives me the creeps and I had taken alot of pictures there. I have done alot of Ghost hunting in the prince albert area, but so far no avail in contact with Ghosts. I will keep in mind of the other three places that you have mentioned. :tu:

hi primordial , finally someone from sask, nice to meet you.

i'm right in the middle between the two cities. so i get that you would like to find this

chruch , okay on the old highway to p.a from st.lousie , if you know where red deer hill road is (its a cross road), if your on the old highway ,going north too p.a trun right at the red deer hill sigh. i'm not sure how far you have to go down the road, but you'll see this church kind of in the distance to your right. it has a pretty big parking area so go slow down the road so you don't miss it. i'm not to sure if you can still get into the church at all.

been awhile since i've been there.

while keep in touch, it's nice to see another sask person here.

[attachmentid=24011]

[attachmentid=24012]

Here are the pics i got from the delta bess hotle

bye for now

post-25061-1142447922.jpg

post-25061-1142447985.jpg

• 1 year later...

hey someone else from saskatchewan, i would like to go and explore the various haunted places around this province but so far i can't even see the haunted stone in the watson cemetary, some night i should just go out there with my camera and see what i can get.

the blue orb is interesting, usually they are just kinda colorless.

do you have any other pics of haunted locations?

Edited by astroceaser

• 2 months later...

there's a crazy farmer guy that has the church on camera now so you can't go in through the front or else he'll come and start swearing and such so you gotta go in through the back. My friend said that the door man closed it on them and they couldn't get in for a couple of minutes and thought that it was a priest that committed suicide there a very long time ago. The ghost light is also very neat and there was a supposed ghost house near the ghost light as well called the cry baby house it was a dud though, still a very creepy place to go to in the middle of the night.

Saskatchewanites! I thought I was the only one from Sask on here. I grew up in Fort Qu'Appelle, down by Regina. Fort San was by far the creepiest place I've ever been in my life. Just the Sanatorium, and the grounds around it. It's definatly not a smart place to be after dark. I now live in 'toon town, nothing really scary about this big city yet.....well besides the drivers.

I got lots of stories if you want any specific spots, I can point you to a couple of them in and around the qu'appelle valley.

Saskatchewanites! I thought I was the only one from Sask on here. I grew up in Fort Qu'Appelle, down by Regina. Fort San was by far the creepiest place I've ever been in my life. Just the Sanatorium, and the grounds around it. It's definatly not a smart place to be after dark. I now live in 'toon town, nothing really scary about this big city yet.....well besides the drivers.

I got lots of stories if you want any specific spots, I can point you to a couple of them in and around the qu'appelle valley.

me and some friends are headin to the church tonight at 3 in the morning ill let you guys know if anything special happens we plan on bringin videocameras and cameras. what were the details on when you went there?

me and some friends are headin to the church tonight at 3 in the morning ill let you guys know if anything special happens we plan on bringin videocameras and cameras. what were the details on when you went there?

the church i mentioned before with a crazy farmer guarding it is not st andrews however we did go to st. andrew's that night. I also learned of another name it is known by, more particular the cemetary. Halcro Cemetary. All of the windows and doors are boarded up now save one where a stool is placed on the outside of the window with a chair on the inside of the window. So some of us went in there what we found was that our fee were colder inside than outside and that there were growing flowers inside where the sermons would be held. They were in full bloom full colour and not wilting. While we were in our one friend stayed outside and she was watching through the window when all of a sudden we heard a loud crash and scraping along would and our friend at the window screamed. The chair had moved on it's own. I do not think she did it because she was crying all the way home. My friend was also taking pictures while inside and when we got back into town he pulled us over because one of the pictures had what appeared to be a noose hanging from the rafters, it had a red glowing tinge to it. There was nothing hanging from the rafters when we were looking around. Some other pictures had blue orbs appearing on them

goodie! i want to see more pictures ^_^ looks like some fun stuff over there in sask.

• 1 month later...
the church i mentioned before with a crazy farmer guarding it is not st andrews however we did go to st. andrew's that night. I also learned of another name it is known by, more particular the cemetary. Halcro Cemetary. All of the windows and doors are boarded up now save one where a stool is placed on the outside of the window with a chair on the inside of the window. So some of us went in there what we found was that our fee were colder inside than outside and that there were growing flowers inside where the sermons would be held. They were in full bloom full colour and not wilting. While we were in our one friend stayed outside and she was watching through the window when all of a sudden we heard a loud crash and scraping along would and our friend at the window screamed. The chair had moved on it's own. I do not think she did it because she was crying all the way home. My friend was also taking pictures while inside and when we got back into town he pulled us over because one of the pictures had what appeared to be a noose hanging from the rafters, it had a red glowing tinge to it. There was nothing hanging from the rafters when we were looking around. Some other pictures had blue orbs appearing on them

Apparently the cops have been watching Halcro Cemetary and the church VERY carefully lately. After someone broke all the beautiful stained glass windows, and NOW trying to torch it. I've heard they're going to move the church to a different location! Althought, the cemetary will remain.

I'm a Halcro.. and I've never gone into the church yet. Someday hopefully.

AS FOR THE ST LOUIS GHOST TRAIN.

Some friends and I went out there last monday. The 5th of May. We went to the highest point where you are supposed to see the ghost light. and I immediately got this feeling like we shouldn't be there... and I started to freak out a little, and wanted to turn back. Then.. Just as a friend was about to walk back to the car with me.. The light appeared two yards in front of our faces. I screamed then started bookin' it to the vehicle. As my friend held me back from running into something.

As we kept returning to our car, I glanced back and the light was white then turned blue. Apparently... When it's blue it means the conductor is going to be friendly. But we had friends that were calling it... telling it to come out and everything. And when my friend looks back.. there was a red light RIGHT BESIDE our friends head.. the friend that was calling the light on. and my sister told me.. if the ghost is mad.. the light turns red.

scariest sh** i've ever encountered.

• 3 weeks later...

im from prince albert, sk and im really curious about this story about hands bridge...i cant find anything about it anywhere on the internet

the bridge resides in little red river park sorta..

if you've ever been to little red then this may make sense to you it may not..ordinarily if you want to go to little red you turn left into the park, but there is also the option of turning right and theres a dirt road that passes residential areas and what not, but if you go far enough (and if the roads open) you end up at the cement bridge..i dont know the actual name of the bridge but everyone i know calls it hands bridge, and the story ive heard is that a bus full of little kids was driving over it and either lost control and went over the edge or the bridge colapsed underneath it (im not 100% positive which) all the children and the bus driver died and suposidly its a true story

the rumour is that if you sit on the bridge in a car in neutral your car will begin to move forward and youll end up with little hand prints all over your vehical. suposidly this is from the little kids who died in the accident are trying to push you off the bridge so that the same thing doesnt happen to you..or something like that..

i think the ghost story is probably just from around pa but id like to know if anyone can help me out on figuring out what happened and what will happen

Katt

Peeps here from sask? far out I will be in Regina next week for Iron Maiden.

I want to see Iron Maiden! The last time that I was in Regina, SK was for the Stones concert on Sunday night. Great show. Hello Toxic! I also live in the Prince Albert area. I have told the same story about the hands bridge here in UM way back. I think I posted a few pics too..don’t rem. I have heard a lot of stories about this place. I do bike ride out at Lil’ Red park, so if u see a native guy with huge black headphones, that might be me lol.

There is few tragic incidences at this park. There is a stretch of road in between of trees that leads to the Bridge that had a few fatal car accidents. There is one every decade..same place. I always have an ominous feeling when I pass the white Cross that is in the front of the tree that had killed them. Lately, there is quite a few Crosses or road side remembrances on our roads. I think I will start taking pictures of them. I wouldn’t want one if I had such an accident. Why would someone want to know exactly where they had died? I dunno.

Anyway, I had spray-painted my name on the Hands bridge back in the mid-80’s, and I had fell off it once..fun night. The muck saved me.

Today, I don’t even see my name. I never do feel anything there..nothing really creepy. It does scares me when I see my kids walking on it.

My vids

liveleak

Edited by primordial

I want to see Iron Maiden! The last time that I was in Regina, SK was for the Stones concert on Sunday night. Great show. Hello Toxic! I also live in the Prince Albert area. I have told the same story about the hands bridge here in UM way back. I think I posted a few pics too..don’t rem. I have heard a lot of stories about this place. I do bike ride out at Lil’ Red park, so if u see a native guy with huge black headphones, that might be me lol.

There is few tragic incidences at this park. There is a stretch of road in between of trees that leads to the Bridge that had a few fatal car accidents. There is one every decade..same place. I always have an ominous feeling when I pass the white Cross that is in the front of the tree that had killed them. Lately, there is quite a few Crosses or road side remembrances on our roads. I think I will start taking pictures of them. I wouldn’t want one if I had such an accident. Why would someone want to know exactly where they had died? I dunno.

Anyway, I had spray-painted my name on the Hands bridge back in the mid-80’s, and I had fell off it once..fun night. The muck saved me.

Today, I don’t even see my name. I never do feel anything there..nothing really creepy. It does scares me when I see my kids walking on it.

My vids

liveleak

i saw those crosses last night! they creeped the **** out of me (mind my french) my friends and i drove out to sit o the bridge, check out the rumour for ourselves and the road was closed for the night so we turned around and our driver (my friend josh) stopped the car..just to the side of us were two crosses exactly next to each other on the side of the road...so josh turns off the car and sits there in the dark..since i moved to pa from birch hills ive been deathly afraid of gravel roads (i really dont know why) and the fact that there had obviously been already two accidents on the particular road i got a little scared and made my bf come sit in the back seat with me for comfort, about a minute later josh turned the car back on and i opened my eyes and look straight ahead (i was sitting crooked in the seat so i was facing the bush to the right) only to see yet another cross in the middle of the bush (ok so just a few feet in but still) i thought i was paranoid so i closed my eys and cowered in my bfs chest simply because im a cowered but after we got out of the park and back on the highway the guys mentioned how many crosses they had seen, three so i knew i wasnt seeing things even though i was sure i had been but oh well..

and as for the bridge, when i was little me and my mom used to go to little red durring the winter to go toboganing and we used to walk our way down to hands bridge and i have pictures of us on it and i never was even scared of it until this year, again oh well just a thought...i really do wish i knew exactly what happened out there and if the rumours about the bus and what not are true..

thanks again :)

hi im also form sask. im form the pricne albert area. me and my friend wnet to that church tonight. nothign really special happened. i honked yelled to see if i would get a response and then got out of the car and walked aroudn the church. its all borded up and scary as hell. im not shure if there is still a way in. nothing really speacial happened goan go bak alter with more people. btw did anyone see that little house on the way to the church on the same road on the right. its hidden sort of deep into the bushes but u can still see it very clearly. if u park on a little intersection right across from it and turn ur headlights ther eu can see it very clearly and it looks even scarier than the church

• 3 months later...

hey there its nice to see sask hauntings, we went there the other night and the front door was torn down, it looks like some one is taking it down. Didnt feel all that scary to me. though i did get some weird lights on camera ( pointed towards the rafters). i got pics but you cant tell whats in the back ground at all. I have a video though and i think it will go up on youtube soon.

post-78357-1222048418_thumb.jpg

post-78357-1222048432_thumb.jpg