Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Serial Killer Groupies

distortedpandy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• LostLittleGirl

• distortedpandy

• Adam_666

Yep...there was a time that if he wasn't the one you wanted to bring home to mother...I'd drag him home.....the badder the better......I've kind of outgrown this....but I'm still a little twisted.....

Weird.... but really a great way to get material for a book.

I have the book The Serial Killer Files.....it's a must have if you this kind of thing interests you.....very informative. :)

Weird.... but really a great way to get material for a book.

There is a book about it, it's called Tenderness by Robert Cormier. It's about a girl developing an obsession with a serial killer :blink:

LOL that's messed up!! I think everyone would like to know what makes these killers do what they do. Only difference is this guy actually took that step above his morals, personal life, and family to find out himself!

I say double bull sh**

• 1 month later...

^ I'm fascinated with them, but I wouldn't date/marry one. :no:

I would go see Kempner but I don't think my current boyfriend would approve. I've been trying to get his address so I can write him.

Back when I was in high school, I became obsessed with serial killers. I read every book I could get my hands on that had to do with them. I loved to read about Charlie Manson especially, and told anyone who would listen that if I had been a teenager back in the 60's, I would have loved to be one of his followers. Everyone at school thought I was a complete weirdo and were afraid of me. My mother had a cow when she found a framed picture of him hidden in my room. My obsession slowly went away and to this day I have no idea why I felt the way I did. I still love to read about serial killers- but not because I idolize them anymore but because their minds intrigue me. What made them do the things they did?

I read everything I can get my hands on about them and I'm intrigued by them, but I am NOT a groupie of them. I know that there are a lot of SK groupies out there, but I just wouldn't be able to get past the fact that they are murderers and/or torturers.

I have the book The Serial Killer Files.....it's a must have if you this kind of thing interests you.....very informative. :)

I have been wanting to read that book. I just got done with Deviant. It's about the serial killer Ed Gein

• 3 weeks later...

ed gein was the king of the serial killers.don't know if he had any groupies though :huh:

I read everything I can get my hands on about them and I'm intrigued by them, but I am NOT a groupie of them. I know that there are a lot of SK groupies out there, but I just wouldn't be able to get past the fact that they are murderers and/or torturers.

None of you ladies take this the wrong way but it does seam that women are more interested in the old serial killer thing? I don't just mean people on hear I have a couple of female friends who are big into them as well, I wonder why?

None of you ladies take this the wrong way but it does seam that women are more interested in the old serial killer thing? I don't just mean people on hear I have a couple of female friends who are big into them as well, I wonder why?

I don't think that is necessarily true. I know I am curious about it. I am not a fan of anyone's, I think they are all sick. I think for women it may be about a sense of empowerment. If you know their sick and twisted motives, how they did what they did, maybe you can protect yourself a little better.

As for serial killer groupies, there is another theory behind that. Some psychologists believe that women get involved with these men because they are "unobtainable". For whatever reason they are dysfunctional in "real" physical relationships, so they enter into relationships with these men because while they are in a relationship mentally, they are not physically in the relationship. That way they can say they are with someone, while not having the day-to-day contact with that person.

ed gein was the king of the serial killers

There was others way worst them him (in terms of body count). He was just the weirdest.

I'm just interested in true crime in general really. If Bill Curtis hosts it, I'll watch it. I agree w/Amy Butts that maybe we like to know more in order to protect ourselves better. And if you date a guy in jail, you know he won't cheat on you (with another woman anyway)... :o

Yeah some of my friends are into serial killers like Charles Mansion and Ed Gien it's kind of wierd.

women can be wierd sometimes, but i have never heard about women into that stuff.

women can be wierd sometimes, but i have never heard about women into that stuff.

Women are never weird. We're just misunderstood. :yes:

lol...i do have weird obsessions myself .. im fasinated by jack the ripper and i havent a clue why :|

lol...i do have weird obsessions myself .. im fasinated by jack the ripper and i havent a clue why :|

Me either.

You're a weirdo. user posted image

Hee hee j/k.