Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Overlooked Billy Meier photo sparks interest

UM-Bot

news icon rSince the mid-1970s, UFO investigators worldwide have been bewildered by the many hundreds of clear daytime UFO photos and the movie films taken by the Swiss contactee, Eduard “Billy” Meier. Many rejected Meier’s abundant photographic (and other hard physical) evidence as being too good to be true.

Heavy debunking of the case ensued, despite all the evidence from the primary investigators from 1975-1986, and authentication by various scientists and experts, that the case could be no hoax.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Emedia Wire

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McKenna

• ^SolidSnake^

• jackie boy

• ShaunZero

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A cant call the photo a hoax because I dont have all the information. But it does look a bit B-Movie to me. :no:

what about layering of photographs using transperencies? I am a digital artist with some traditional photography experiance, by hobby of course. Anyway, it just seems as though there are 3 separate pictures in there. 1 is the backgroung forest, 2 is s transparency with a model UFO on it, and 3, is a transparency with the forground tree printed on it. Once all three layers are put on top of each other, a photo can be taken of the layered transparencies.

The only problem with my theory is the abscense of specularity which would accompany the plastic of a transparency sheet. But that could be easily reduced using a camera filter of some kind.

Just a thought!!

what about layering of photographs using transperencies? I am a digital artist with some traditional photography experiance, by hobby of course. Anyway, it just seems as though there are 3 separate pictures in there. 1 is the backgroung forest, 2 is s transparency with a model UFO on it, and 3, is a transparency with the forground tree printed on it. Once all three layers are put on top of each other, a photo can be taken of the layered transparencies.

The only problem with my theory is the abscense of specularity which would accompany the plastic of a transparency sheet. But that could be easily reduced using a camera filter of some kind.

Just a thought!!

Having a Diploma in Film and Video i would say that is a good point but raises 2 more.

1- why bother? that is a lot of effort.

2 - lets not forget there aparently a daytime video of this craft as well.

Also, does anyone have a link to the full photograph?

Faked to the max! It looks like something from the 1980's so corny lol

Edited by DeathBringer

this is so easy to debunk....the craft is placed in the actuall tree...stuck between tree limbs...this is too fake.

still even if its a hoax. the dude still deserves an investigation on his case. I used to think this case was real. That it really did happen. But now I don't know what to think. I hate not knowing what to think or believe. It's so frustrating.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

It looks more like a fountain without a statue on top of it. Too bad the quality isn't so good.

I personally find it hard to trust any proof coming from the hands of Meier,but we should all be open-minded on the matter anyway.The picture indeed looks fake(maybe beacuse it is too good to be true)and I don't think it would be that challenging to produce a photo like that even in 80s,but who knows... :hmm:

Having a Diploma in Film and Video i would say that is a good point but raises 2 more.

1- why bother? that is a lot of effort.

2 - lets not forget there aparently a daytime video of this craft as well.

Also, does anyone have a link to the full photograph?

Answers to your 2 questions below:

1.) He could very well be a full fledged nut job wanting publicity for finding the best UFO pic and footage in the world.

2.) Video could be done quite easily using stop-motion photography if used skillfully. The same effect is used in 3D animation in which each frame a still image changed slightly.

I have to say that this is a pitiful attempt at a hoax.

Total hoax.... the aliens would most likely not waste their resources flying around his land for no reason... in crafts that have never been seen anywhere else in the world...

critics claim there exist many examples of forgery such as focus problems and light-direction problems, both signs of cut-and-paste or model work.

Other critics claim to have shown that one "beamship" picture appears to be a pie tin, another shows small machine bolts on the bottom, that a picture of his Pleiadian alien contact Semjase was a model from a Sears catalog, and another Pleiadian was an actress from the Dean Martin TV Show.

Perhaps the most damning evidence in the skeptics' view was submitted from a reporter investigating Meier's story, who claims to have found negatives clearly showing the models on a table. Meier explains these as being test photos to assist investigators attempting to reconstruct the possibility of faked photographs.

Billy Meier

I think that the photo is clear enough that it should show some light. Surprisingly, there is no beams under it, or coming off any of the layers. The roundish knobs on the upper deck almost give the appearance of windows, yet as large as the craft appears, you can't see any light coming off of it anywhere. I would guess that "they" would advance like we would.

This comes off as a "model t" (very old). If I was a visiting alien, I'd be embarrased to be seen in it! ;-)

Total hoax.... the aliens would most likely not waste their resources flying around his land for no reason... in crafts that have never been seen anywhere else in the world...

Worse way to debunk something is the way you just did, lol. Assuming the Aliens think like you, and if you wouldn't fly that craft at that location, neither would they!

user posted image "The tree is one of the European true firs -- Abies species. The picture has only a portion of the top of the crown, 10 to 15 feet. There could be anywhere from 10 to 50 feet of tree bole below the picture." The extent of the tree above the UFO is estimated by Professor E. C. Jensen, College of Forestry, Oregon State University, to be between 6-10 ft.

This yields a UFO diameter of from 9 to 15 ft., ruling out a model UFO...

One would then wonder how it was that Mr. Meier came to be positioned just so, so as to take a picture at this angle and in such a proximity to the craft. Is there any indicators to discern whether this craft was actually moving at the time?

Not knowing the history of photography, did they have a semblance of a "zoom" lens in the day when this was snapped? :alien:

*perhaps I missed the notice, however can someone tell me how the words; "history of photography" in my sentence garnered a link that I did not apply!? :wacko:

Edited by Imaginary Friend

I can't believe anyone would take this photo seriously!

This yields a UFO diameter of from 9 to 15 ft., ruling out a model UFO

Umm... Someone could make a model 100 feet if they wanted to. Why do these people it's impossible to make a 15ft model?!?

I have never seen a real UFO so what I'm about to say isn't necessarily valid. But that pic is so fake it's not even funny.

this is so easy to debunk....the craft is placed in the actuall tree...stuck between tree limbs...this is too fake.

Ahhh wasnt one of the points of this artical to dissprove that idea? That it could not simple be a model, that if it is indeed a hox its a more elaborate one than that.

In regards to this recent Post

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewnews.php?id=64300

Well first of all from there it looks kinda like the base fo an elaborate candle holder.

But yea jsut to completely destroy the notion that this could actually be a flying saucer:

[attachmentid=24017]

LOL

Edit-attached image to restore page integrity

-UA

post-2070-1142477422.jpg

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity

They do look extremley fake.

But what if they are real? Wouldn't we say the same about any ufo photo that was this clear?

oh. ok this is way to confussing. first i thought this case was real. then i thought this case was fake. now i'm not so sure out to think.

HELP!!!!!!!!

It stinks that he didn't take any pics of the people who contacted him. then this case would have probably have been more believable.

Edited by McKenna

Notice on the car picture how the UFO is alot bigger than the car yet in the other photo it fits in the drive way with some space....also if you look at the drive way the way the UFO is facing doesn't fit the way the floor is. Anyway I do believe there is something to Meier's case because of the amount of other evidence. I believe he faked most of the photo's if not all for some reason because there is eye witness accounts and other evidence that can't be washed away.