Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Take a Shower Before You Rob That Bank!

Rykster

Crime-Solving is No Sweat at Body Odor Bank

BEIJING (Reuters) - Police in eastern China can tap the country's first human body odor bank to help their dogs get a nose for criminals, Xinhua news agency said.

The facility in the city of Nanjing has a collection of 500 different smells, meant for comparison with samples taken from crime scenes. They are kept on ice -- at minus 18 degrees Celsius (0 degrees F).

"This way the scent sample can maintain its freshness for at least three years," bank founder Song Zhenhua was quoted as saying in the overnight report.

Only odors that elicit identical reactions from at least three trained crime dogs will pass muster for a place in the bank's vaults, Xinhua said.

Xinhua did not explain how the smells would be captured or stored. In other countries that use olfactory forensic evidence, odors are taken from clothing or collected using gauze pads and airtight plastic containers.

Source: Yahoo News

• 2 weeks later...

this is why it is so VERY important to always wear deodorant. :tu:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Never wear that stinky cheese perfume before a big heist.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Man, If I was one of the dogs, I'd bite the hell out of you before I'd let you stick a stinky shirt to my nose.

• Like 1

How long before some clever crook invents a deodorant that smells like "cop"... Maybe they could call it a "re-odorant"...

That would drive the dogs absolutely nuts...

How long before some clever crook invents a deodorant that smells like "cop"... Maybe they could call it a "re-odorant"...

That would drive the dogs absolutely nuts...

And what smells like cop? Donuts.