Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ethical Eating

Sherapy

I love meat. I love chicken, pork, steak. Yum. And I love Turkeys and Pheasants are good too.

But the truth of the matter is that any meat that is not raised organically is pretty much poisonous. And the taste of non-organic meat cannot even begin to compare to the taste of meat that is organically raised. It cost more...but well worth it. :tu:

Gosh, a joc/sherri moment... ;)

Edited by joc

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• frogfish

• hyperactive

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

, choose turkey and saltwater fish, avoid beef chicken lobster pork, definitely eliminate all dairy,

I can understand why beef and pork need to be avoided, but why chicken?? And why eat turkey over chicken?

Edited by Venomshocker

I love meat. I love chicken, pork, steak. Yum. And I love Turkeys and Pheasants are good too.

But the truth of the matter is that any meat that is not raised organically is pretty much poisonous. And the taste of non-organic meat cannot even begin to compare to the taste of meat that is organically raised. It cost more...but well worth it. :tu:

Gosh, a joc/sherri moment... ;)

Imagine that i agree joc there is no price for health ask any one who doesn't have it....your daughter has a great role model :D

venom,

the answer is methionine. Chicken contains high levels of this amino acid (higher than turkey). It is high enough to classify chicken as an acid forming food. All acid forming foods should be eliminated or minimized.

hmm ethical eating? haven't thought about that one in a....well...ever....

I eat what tastes good to be honest...I eat what I want at the time...If I were to not eat meat for whatever reason that I felt it was un-ethical then I would have to be angry the next time I saw a cat eat a bird or a bird eat a worm....and the truth is that life is what it is...I do not get upset about sharks eating humans and I don't get upset about humans eating cows...it's just one of those things. I don't think it is right or wrong just personal preference

venom,

the answer is methionine. Chicken contains high levels of this amino acid (higher than turkey). It is high enough to classify chicken as an acid forming food. All acid forming foods should be eliminated or minimized.

Methionine is an essential amino acid—one of the building blocks of proteins and peptides that your body cannot manufacture from other chemicals. The body uses methionine to manufacture creatine and uses the sulfur in methionine for normal metabolism and growth.

Source

very good joc,

now i did not click your link, but does it go into detail on how too much methionine will cause your blood to become acidic? Does it go into detail on how the sulfer in methionine converts to sulfates and weak forms of sulfuric acid? Now here is the biggie, joc. Did it go into how your body neutralizes the acid? Hint: it neutralizes acid with calcium which it extracts from your bones.

it is essential, but in too high a level it is harmful. :rolleyes:

hmm ethical eating? haven't thought about that one in a....well...ever....

I eat what tastes good to be honest...I eat what I want at the time...If I were to not eat meat for whatever reason that I felt it was un-ethical then I would have to be angry the next time I saw a cat eat a bird or a bird eat a worm....and the truth is that life is what it is...I do not get upset about sharks eating humans and I don't get upset about humans eating cows...it's just one of those things. I don't think it is right or wrong just personal preference

That goes for me too. B)

very good joc,

now i did not click your link, but does it go into detail on how too much methionine will cause your blood to become acidic? Does it go into detail on how the sulfer in methionine converts to sulfates and weak forms of sulfuric acid? Now here is the biggie, joc. Did it go into how your body neutralizes the acid? Hint: it neutralizes acid with calcium which it extracts from your bones.

it is essential, but in too high a level it is harmful. :rolleyes:

I dunno...I didn't really read it either. :P Do you have any supporting facts you could share with us about methionine? I did find this:

Certain amino acids, like methionine actually accelerate the transport of metals across the blood-brain barrier. Methyl mercury is believed to enter the brain as an amino acid

Source

That goes for me too. B)

Arty, Arty , Arty what is your thoughts on ethical eating ????

Arty, Arty , Arty what is your thoughts on ethical eating ????

Bacca summed up my thoughts closely. :)

venom,

Ah, Ok, I understand now. I have researched alkaline diet before but always stumbled across mixed reports on what was acidic to the body and what was alkaline. Basically a large factor in determining what food was acidic or not (blood wise) to a given person depended largely on their metabolism. As per Dr. Harold Kristal. As such I flew down personally to see him myself and get myself tested at his clinic. :w00t:

Source:

http://www.bloodph.com/metatyping.html

Now, I also got the book by Herman Aihara who who was the one who created the Acid + Alkaline diet in the first place by doing ash tests on various foods. But again, there is a discrapency between foods, and I couldnt determine what was truly alkaline forming, and what was truly acidic forming in the blood.

Now your explanation on chicken I have never come across, and I wonder what your source is, and if they applied similar logic to other foods.

Many of you go on about the health risks associated with eating meat, can you give me a link to it? Because my mother (a nurse for about 20 years) says it is healthy to eat meat. The dietricians she works with, say that it is healthy to eat meat. Until you give me some cold, hard evidence from a trained proffesional as to why it is unhealthy to eat meat, then I'mgoing to believe you. I've been eating meat for 17 years, and the only thing that is a risk to my health is my lactose intolerence!

Edited by Pyro Pheenix

Whatever is cheapest to buy is ethically right.

lmaooooooooooooo

leave it to you

although i agree to an extent

but i do think child slave labor should be boycotted

so far i havent seen a living thing that isnt human that i have a problem with people eating

other then dogs maybe, but i guess that could be a biased reason

Many of you go on about the health risks associated with eating meat, can you give me a link to it? Because my mother (a nurse for about 20 years) says it is healthy to eat meat. The dietricians she works with, say that it is healthy to eat meat. Until you give me some cold, hard evidence from a trained proffesional as to why it is unhealthy to eat meat, then I'mgoing to believe you. I've been eating meat for 17 years, and the only thing that is a risk to my health is my lactose intolerence!

Pyro We know alot more now what applyed 20 years ago no longer applys , I don't think the occassional (once amonth) bite of meat (oragnic) reference Hypers many informative threads will hurt a already healthy organism, but the amount of sickness heart, cancers all kinds of stuff is related to the over consumption of animal products , Read Diet for a new America, read Fast food nation they are full of information on why.....

Ug ug conditioned mentalitys, you ceratinly all have the choice to slowly poison yourselfs, YOU DO NOT NEED TO EAT MEAT YOU CHOOSE TO EAT MEAT

Kratos, slaughter house animals are so pumped full of hormones and antibiotics and sickly that is the reality of what you are eating, I'm guessing you are a kid, we'll see how yo are doing 10 years form now Ug Ug

No I don't take supplenents i get all i need through the foods i eat

You do not need veggies, you could just take pills to make up for it. :yes:

What about the meat from hunting? I guess those animals in the wild are... bad for you to? :rolleyes:

lmaooooooooooooo

leave it to you

although i agree to an extent

but i do think child slave labor should be boycotted

so far i havent seen a living thing that isnt human that i have a problem with people eating

other then dogs maybe, but i guess that could be a biased reason

Yeah, but unless I hear something about the food I'm eating, cheapest wins. :P

Kratos pay attention stay with us here, the freshest and most natural the most optimim your health is, i said and hyper said fresh is best meaning without antibiotics, hormones, pesticides, Pills...Plants are easily assimulated and you get more nutrative value for the most, If indeed you thought what was cheapest was best you would also be a vegetarian you can't eat much cheaper and get alot of mileage out of your money and the planet and contribute to the eco system... hyper has said all this...We get that your idea of ethical eating is ug ug ............

Edited by Sheri berri

Pyro We know alot more now what applyed 20 years ago no longer applys , I don't think the occassional (once amonth) bite of meat (oragnic) reference Hypers many informative threads will hurt a already healthy organism, but the amount of sickness heart, cancers all kinds of stuff is related to the over consumption of animal products , Read Diet for a new America, read Fast food nation they are full of information on why.....

REad his post again...he did not mean 20 years ago...but she was a nurse for 20 years. Eating safe amounts of meat is healthy.... a couple servings a week.

Spell Check won't hurt.

Did you ever stop to think that the reason why there are so many health risks associated with meat, is due to the unhealthy way it is presented? Too much deep fried meat will kill you. Too many deep fried veggies, will kill you. The actual meat itself is healthy, if you cook it correctly.

Oh yeah, I'm still wiating for those facts on why meat is unhealthy, Sherri ;)

You do not need veggies, you could just take pills to make up for it. :yes:

Running and excercize increase your heartbeat....so does shooting up cocaine....bad analogy I know but worth a bit of humor. :P

Running and excercize increase your heartbeat....so does shooting up cocaine....bad analogy I know but worth a bit of humor. :P

Actually welcomed....

fish, are you aware of how little study of nutrition is required by doctors and nurses? :rolleyes:

anyway, pyro, it should not be too hard for you to do your own research if you are genuinely interested. Medical and scientific journals are available for your perusal at most universities.

here is ONE sample study for your perusal:

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/70/3/...ourcetype=HWCIT

many problems can be attributed to the antibiotics, herbicides, pesticides, and steroids used in meat production, however, the very nature of meat makes it a non-optimal with health risks food. It rots in your intestines for weeks, all meats are acid forming foods, humans are NOT designed for meat consumption (look up the data on intestinal lengths of herbivores vs carnivores, look up biological traits of carnivores vs herbivores, etc) :rolleyes: