Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Google Earth

arkland

I didnt quite know where to put this but you know google earth you look at the earth and this is natural world :blush: but I think there should be a stiky for google earth cause you can find lots of cool stuff on it like I was looking at area 51 It's really intresting I just thought maybe this would be a usefull and intresstin stiky to people :) so please consider it and sorry if I put this in the wrong spot :innocent:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bebi

• arkland

• Kryso

• rhine trauss

Yes Google Earth is good and you can see many things around the world. Still... I wish it was possible to zome close down everywere... When I zome down on most parts of Norway the pictures are extremily bad.

Were you should have puten this topic ?... Well... personaly... I would have putten this in the forum Computers, Gaming & The Internet, but thats just may thaught.

Edited by Norwegian Phoenix

Yes Google Earth is good and you can see many things around the world. Still... I wish it was possible to zome close down everywere... When I zome down on most parts of Norway the pictures are extremily bad.

Were you should have puten this topic ?... Well... personaly... I would have putten this in the forum Computers, Gaming & The Internet, but thats just may thaught.

never the less every one should still download it

I agree, it's an amazing program. It also kept my bored 16 year old stepson busy for a whole day ^_^

I hate that you are not able to zoom in further! :angry2:

I hate that you are not able to zoom in further! :angry2:

Depends on where you live, I can see the plants in my back garden, that's far enough for me :tu:

I believe the resolution issue has to do with what version you are on. If you are on the free beta version, resolution is just okay as well as the date of the satellite images. Some areas are spring and winter images patched together in my hometown. If you subscribe to the service, then the resolution is no doubt better. Just take a look at the google campus in N. Calif. They give you a teaser of how good the resolution can be.

I love Google Earth. Where I use to live in Mexico City I can zoom in and see the tiles on the roof! But some of the images are up to 8 years old. But all-in-all very good!

I have the google Earth Pro it is far better than the free version...

I love Google Earth, I've found my school, friends' houses, all the important landmarks you feel like you should be looking at (i.e. Red Square, the pyramids) and its just fun to browse.

I have the google Earth Pro it is far better than the free version...

Yes, but is it worth the subscription? I'm thinking of trying the £20 a year version (Plus), the other is about £400 a year on the site :o

Edited by Bebi

Google Earth is cool, and unique. But, i couldn't zoom in on my cabin at my lake, nor any other cabin communities. It only has select areas, this is a flaw. We should be able to see all, not just main cities.

Agreed, but the others are saying that the subscription versions are better quality.