Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did pope perform miracle after his death ?

UM-Bot

news icon rThe sudden recovery of a young French nun suffering from Parkinson's disease is at the heart of the sainthood case for Pope John Paul II, the Polish priest who heads the inquiry said Monday. The Vatican needs to confirm a miracle after John Paul's death for the pontiff to be beatified, the first step toward his possible canonization.

Monsignor Slawomir Oder told The Associated Press in an interview that an official inquiry into the nun's inexplicable recovery was beginning this week.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Mercury News

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joc

• Sevannah

• riotboy555

• Johns spirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Grief!

I was walking in a pasture one day...cows everywhere....I wasn't watching where I was going and suddenly I was knee-deep in cow manure....

....and so I find myself once again, knee-deep...but no pasture to be seen.... :rolleyes:

This from the same folks who worship a piece of toast that looks like Jesus....

"According to the criteria of human science, the doctor couldn't give an explanation of what happened."

So much we still are learning about the human body. In the past many things considered evils and miracles are changed today by advancing science with real results and evidence.

Edited by __Kratos__

I always found it interesting to hear stories about things like this. He healed many people while he was alive, the after death part, I would love to believe, there are so many mysteries in this world that we don't know about, that it is possible that this story is true. I can't say one way or another. Also, what many may believe is the power of prayer, could have been the positive energy that was created by so many and had a healing effect. After all the mind is an amazing, powerful thing with many undiscovered possibilities.

JMHO

I always found it interesting to hear stories about things like this. He healed many people while he was alive

I don't believe he ever healed anyone. And the possibility that the woman was misdiagnosed in the first place is relatively high.

There were many people who he had blessed and their illness disappeared later on. This included cancer patients. This isn't something that is a well know fact, but if you looked at the interviews with many people over the years, some who were dying and terminally ill, after meeting him were cured of what ever illness they had. Not that second, but a short period there after.

Yes, there is the possibility that she was misdiagnosed. But what if she wasn't? I guess a misdiagnosis is always easier to believe.

Isn't a miracle just something that can't be yet understood or explained scientifically?

Everything has an explanatioin.. we just can't explain alot of them.

• 4 weeks later...

He was just a man nothing more nothing less. If it was a miracle, God Performed it because he is the only one with the authority and power to do so.

nope, no and no...

they are just looking for a case to cannonise him an get some good publicity on thier side for a change.

Misdiagnosed with Parkinson's? I see that as very unlikely...Coming from a medical family, I don't have any explanation for this. Parkinosn's a chronic neurodegenerative disease...The patient just gets worse and worse.

It is hard to not spot Parkinson's...If it was misdiagnosed, it would of just been another crippling neurodegenerative disease like MS or ALS. Pope John Paul II died of Parkinson's himself.