Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Loch Ness Monster Footage?

Magikman

Here's a clip from the Center for Fortean Zoology website. It is a video taken of something in Loch Ness in April of this year and then given to representitives of the center at the Fortean Times Unconvention for analysis. Its in Windows media format, but takes awhile to load if you have a dialup connection, so the quality may not be all that great. The website also offers a section to leave comments, and is conducting a poll of people's opinions.

Magikman

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjo Koolzooie

• Athlon64

• Engulf

• Cufflink

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone care to describe what happens in the video?

My steam-powered modem went out of it's way to ruin the experience. sad.gif

that was a great link magikman,thanks!! thumbsup.gif

personally,i don't think it's Nessie but there's clearly something big & whitish moving down there.....big eel?? blink.gif

Heres My verdict, now you must understand i'm not exactly big on cryptozoological creatures:

There definately something there bigger than a eel that engulf suggested, although the video is poor quality as MM said, you can make it out, with the nice commentry from the dude on the other end of the camera, there is a shadow as he said, and it does look like something breaking the water. It has to be big to make a shadow under the water like that, but seeing as its white and from other nessie photos, its supposed to be brown, then i suspect its a small whale of some kind. Unless of course loch ness isn't connected to the sea but i'm i dunno about that.

I can't see enough of it to be able to icentify it as anything , is there any way to see it on another player ? Media player isn't my first choice ..

It could well be a boat , it's a very good video though ..

Wow, good footage, but why didn't he go closer into the water to see Nessie? I liked his accent! laugh.gif

its a very very bad video .. anyway .. its not clear what it could be .. it might be a giant fish .. actually it looks like a white log .. or maybe a stick with white cloth on it ..

and ((Alien Invader)) is right .. why didn't he go closer?? dontgetit.gif

BTW .. Thanks ((Druss)) for the link .. it really helped .. happy.gif

Sturgeon fish thrive in the Locks of Scotland. Some which has been caught have reached the length 6-12 feet! If you pop the word Sturgeon into Google search, you will be surprised at the length and size they can grow. And supposedly, just before they die they start turning white. dontgetit.gif

post-9-1064460970.jpg

I saw a photo shopped image of a Sturgeon, and it had had its body elongated with effects to seem logner, but you could see small problems with it and was obviously a fake. thumbsup.gif

The man claimed that the thing swam by his boat and he took a photo of it. Oh he also claimed that it was a sea serpent of some kind.

I am not sure if this guy could have got any closer to the objects in the water. The road is considerably higher than the loch at this point, although he could have attempted to get closer by entering the Urquhart Castle site. Having said that, I am unsure just how close this is to the castle.

Loch Ness is connected to the sea by the River Ness, which flows through the town of Inverness. I cannot imagine that this river is very deep, so it seems rather unlikely that these objects are whales. The Sturgeon theory is an interesting one, but the boat theory can clearly be ruled out. The objects (creatures) disappear underwater at times. I don't think that I have ever seen a boat do that !

Chris Low.

Maybe there is a submarine in the Loch, with a plastic Nessie neck stuck on it, and why can no one find it when they search the loch? Because the sub has a built in cloaking device. Now why didn't I think of that ages ago!? thumbsup.gifwhistling2.gif

Maybe the plesiosaur itself has a cloaking device ? If it has survived from the age of the dinosaurs, then it's had a 65 million year head start over the human race to develop advanced technology laugh.gif

Chris Low.

Great footage MM..... it's look so lively the movement of the object in the water.

Hmmm........unexplined wink2.gif