Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fairy Photos

Alisa

I posted at the end of the Fairy Pictures thread, but thought I'd start a new topic for any comments on my photos.

I have become an avid spirit photographer, and while poring over some photos I took of trees at night, I found what I realized are fairies. I had no intention of photographing fairies, nor had I considered their existence as real before they showed up in my photos, then I decided, why not? Everything else strange under the sun (well, moon) is showing up in my photos. There are more of my photos here.

Some people that have seen these photos have had a hard time "seeing" the fairies or found them too blury. However, the fairies seem to only turn out in my photos when I am a certain distance away from them, which makes them blurry when I enlarge the photo. Also, I did not see them with my eyes so they are obviously not 100% physical.

user posted image

I was in complete amazement for days after finding the first fairy images. That first night as I fell asleep, I felt as if the fairies were explaining to me about their culture though I cannot consciously recall any of it, but it happened over several nights. It felt as if I were going through huge volumes of books. One thing that I can remember moments before my alarm clock went off in the morning, was hearing this tiny voice that sounded like the Chipmunks (Alvin, etc.) saying, "Aww nuts, you're running away..."

I remembered the Cottingley fairies and decided to do a thorough internet search on them. When I saw their photos again I was disappointed as the fairies looked like cutouts. However, after reading many versions of the story, I found that some versions say that the girls held out for a long time that the fairies were real, and only one in the end finally agreed that 4 of the 5 photos were not real. However, this is contradicted all over the place, too. What interested me the most was reading that the man who first got his hands on the photos and negatives had them "cleaned up" as thoroughly as possible so the images would be crisp. In doing so, he had made them look fake. The fifth photo was not cleaned up and it is amazing to me because the fairies look transparent (and interdimensional) as are my fairies. Here is a copy of the fifth photo that I clarified by tinting the flesh.

user posted image

user posted image

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• Alisa

• Agent. Mulder

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

I'm sorry but I don't see anything supernatural in your photos at all. They are just to blurry. Personally I think you just imagine the fairies in the photo because want to see

them there. :P

I had closed this topic but on rethinking the matter i have decided to leave it open. It is a good, well created topic and i would dislike to see it be wasted, plus Alisa has obviously put alot of thought into it.

I'm not sure anything is happening in your photos.

but what i an say is that Fairies are most likely not acuall entities. I don;t beleive in fairies at all.

There were pictures a long time ago in blakc and white taken by 3 girls who had faries in their backyard, these were later prooven to be fakes but i still think you should go and look at them if your interested in this line of Mythical stuff.

On further reading of your post i see hat you have already seen these photos i'm talking about.

Edited by Neo2005

I've looked at the site where Alisa has her photos and the one above that looks like a small person sitting in a tree seems the best one to me. It could be just the patterns of the leaves and shadows, but it does look like something is there.

The Cottingley photos I believe are all faked. Even the one that Alisa points out. There seems to be more detail in the photo, but just like in a court room, the girls credibility is shot and no one will believe it could possibly be real.

Thanks for all of the comments and for re-opening the topic. :)

Yes, the two black and white photos are the Cottingley Fairies, not mine. I find it a very believable photo, wish it was mine. ;)

Here are some more fairy photos that I have captured. Perhaps these will be easier to "see". I might add that I have spent hundreds of hours looking closely at my photos and over time I have developed the ability to more easily spot these things that at first I did not see myself. It has taught me to not delete any old photos, because in the future, I might see something I didn't see before!

Original photo, then original with fairies outlined...

user posted image

user posted image

Are these easier to see? Fairies seem to be a bit like chameleons, and like many creatures, they blend into their environment for a reason.

And for anyone that wants to see something a little less sweet than fairies, I have more spirit world photos to share...

DieChecker, thanks for your great comments and for viewing my other photos. It does take some getting used to to see these anomalies. I think it is a part of the brain (probably in the visual cortex) that gets stimulated into creating new neural pathways to discern these subtle clues. In our urban life we just don't have a great need to look so closely at things, and most people don't pore over their photos with a fine-tooth comb looking for little anomalies, therefore, we often don't "see" them. But based on my experience, there are lots of things happening all around us that we just don't see because we haven't been looking.

As for the Cottingley photos, I agree that the girls' credibility is shot. That is something that really distresses me, but is a frequent occurrence. One person starts yelling "fake", and a lot of the herd follows. Then people start quoting it and portraying it as a fact rather than opinion. It teaches us to look closely at everything and do a bit of research to get to the original report. And if that is not possible, then read as many sources as you can so you can learn other variations of the story.

If you read up on the Cottingley fairies, you will find there are plenty of people who are convinced they are real. They are just lost in the din of the people that have loudly announced the photos to be proven fakes (proven by whom, I always wonder...)

First of all,great work Alisa :tu:

It's obvious that you put a lot of effort in the subject,which is really admirable.

Well,about the pics I do believe they might be showing something,it just may not be what we think.If you believe in fairies they show you fairies,if you don't they just show some weird shadow formings on a tree.If you believe and are sure of what you saw,Alisa,then I don't think you need to prove us anything at all.Some will say the pics are fake,some will say misinterpretations etc.but if you say they are fairies,then indeed they are.

Me?I really try hard to see them but I fail,though not miserably..Let's just say I want to believe :yes:

I would a like to mention a few things that,if I'm not mistaken,were unnoticed.

In the cottingley pic where you say there is a reflection of a fairy wing I see two little faces,one is mostly transparent and appears to be in a strange angle compared to the other one on its right.

And,is that an orb in the pic of the tree fairies right under the fairy in the middle?

The lines you outlined never existed there...they were just leaves. You drew hte lines to show fairies

I believe in fairies, but I can't see these pictures being real. :( I wish they were.

I'm sorry Alisa, but I still don't see anything supernatural. Even in the close-up,

outlined photos, I only see patterns in the leaves. I wish I could see them the way

you do, but the fact is I just don't. But keep taking your pictures. Maybe you'll

capture a photo of fairies that will convince us all.

I don't see anything but leaves either.

Only those with vision can see.

Well, so far it sounds like most everyone doesn't see them. :tu:

Only those with vision can see.

Ha! That made me laugh.

Ha! That made me laugh.

Me too! ;) That usually means someone with imagination. And yes, I can see the fairies as well, but I know they are just branches and leaves. Your mind always wants to associate with something familiar in patterns like these.... Same thing as with seeing faces in clouds.... It is fun.....I love to do these things with my little girl....

Good pics!

For those of you who don’t know what the Cottingley Fairies photos are…

In July 1917, 16-year-old Elsie Wright and her 10-year-old cousin Frances Griffiths were tired of being chided by Elsie's father over their claims of seeing fairies... so they took a photograph of some to prove their existence.

The girls lived together in Cottingley, on the outskirts of Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. They often played together in the small wooded creek behind Elsie's home, and this is where they saw the fairies. On a day in July, Elsie, tired of her father's dismissive attitude to her and Frances' claims, borrowed her father's camera to take a picture. When the film was developed later in her father's dark room, Elsie's parents were in for a surprise; the picture that she had taken was of Frances... with a troop of fairies dancing in front of her.

Click on image to view

a larger copy.

Elsie's parents were flabbergasted; but her father wasn't convinced. So, a month later, Frances took a picture of Elsie which clearly showed her playing with a gnome. Mr. Wright still wasn't convinced, and there the matter settled. The girls showed the pictures to their friends, but no particular interest was ever raised by them... at least, not until two years had past.

Elsie's mother had developed an interest in things supernatural, and took the pictures to share with a Theosophist meeting in Bradford one evening. In no time at all, the pictures were the center of attention and argument. Of the people who believed the fairies were real, the most prominant and vocal was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, creator of Sherlock Holmes. Sir Arthur printed the first two pictures in Strand Magazine in 1920 to help support his argument for the existance of fairies; this article made the story a worldwide sensation.

In 1920, Sir Arthur arranged for Elsie and Frances to once again be given a camera and left on their own in the small creek. The results were three more photos of the fairies; the last to be made, for shortly after Elsie and Frances moved away from one another and stopped seeing fairies. Sir Arthur later printed these three pictures in a sequel to his earlier article, and, in 1922, he expanded the two articles into a book, The Coming of the Fairies.

[attachmentid=24179][attachmentid=24180][attachmentid=24181][attachmentid=24182]

[attachmentid=24183]

But..

Elsie insisted that the fifth and last photo was also a hoax, but that Frances went to her death-bed insisting that it was the only one of the five that was genuine. She also says both women agreed on one other point; that, despite having faked the photos, they really had seen fairies and elves in the small Cottingley creek when they were young.

Information (and images) taken from…

www.anomalyinfo.com

post-2178-1143059294.gif

post-2178-1143059304.gif

post-2178-1143059315.gif

post-2178-1143059325.gif

post-2178-1143059336.gif

Edited by Kryso

They look incredibly fake, I'm not sure why anyone believed them

They look incredibly fake, I'm not sure why anyone believed them

It was 1917. Photographic hoaxes had to've been largely unheard of back then.

The cousins remained evasive about the authenticity of the pictures for most of their lives, at times claiming they were forgeries, and at other times leaving it to the individual to decide. In 1981, in an interview by Joe Cooper for the magazine The Unexplained, the cousins confessed that the photos were fake and they held up cut-outs with tacks.

Cottingley Fairies

Thanks for more excellent comments!

I totally accept that most of you (well, all) can't see the fairies, and yet you still respect my point of view. Thanks. :)

I have more pictures to show you, but first let me say, thanks to Pax Unum for the Cottingley link. Here is a part of the link that jibes with what I am saying:

The re-touched versions of the pictures that are most commonly used today (and on this page) make the fairies look like paper cutouts, having a flat appearance, with lighting that does not match the rest of the photograph. Even the waterfall in the background appears to be taken at a slower shutter-speed than the fairies, which are sharp and clear. When viewing the original prints, however, the case becomes less clear.

They look like cutouts because the negatives were altered. Anyway, I also feel that IF the girls admitted the photos were faked later on in their lives (and without the original copy of the article by Joe Cooper, I can't say I wholey accept this), it may have come down to their weariness of ridicule. Or they may have begun to doubt themselves in some capacity after so many years of being disbelieved.

Here is another of my photos of a fairy taken miles away from the other ones, sitting at the top of a VERY tall power pole in a bush area (ignore orange arrow, please):

user posted imageuser posted image

Looking at these and thinking about you guys and your point of view, I can see how it looks like leaves, branches and wishful thinking. And at least you are giving me a chance to explain. I have taken hundreds of photos and spent hundreds of hours looking, and these anomalies are not in every picture. I don't see detailed images like this in any and every pattern in photos, just in the few that I "see". The notable thing about the photo above (highly enlarged and taken at dusk so it is not super clear, I know) is that this elf/fairy is wearing the same attire as the some of the other fairies taken at different times and places. It looks colonial of era.

And yes, jackie boy, that is an orb with the fairy photos last posted. :) I am impressed with your scrutiny. All of these phenomena are related (in my opinion) as they are manifestations from a reality slightly separate from ours. And as for the reflection of the face in the wing, it was just my interpretation that the face at a strange angle was the reflection of the slightly transparent face in another fairy's wing (I have looked at an enlarged copy closely). But it is just my interpretation. Still, it is looking as closely as you have, jackie boy, that will enable you to begin seeing supernatural things in photos (if you believe in them, or choose to believe, etc.).

Here is another photo (I don't want to clog up the page with files, so let me know if I am). I have partially outlined this fairy and the original is on my site here.:

user posted image

She was taken from the same tree as the first fairy I posted. Here is another from the same tree:

user posted image

And the tree that shows all three fairy images:

user posted image

I can totally see why they look like fairies to you, but I still think that they're probably just leaves and branches

Thanks for all of the comments and for re-opening the topic. :)

Yes, the two black and white photos are the Cottingley Fairies, not mine. I find it a very believable photo, wish it was mine. ;)

Here are some more fairy photos that I have captured. Perhaps these will be easier to "see". I might add that I have spent hundreds of hours looking closely at my photos and over time I have developed the ability to more easily spot these things that at first I did not see myself. It has taught me to not delete any old photos, because in the future, I might see something I didn't see before!

Original photo, then original with fairies outlined...

user posted image

user posted image

Are these easier to see? Fairies seem to be a bit like chameleons, and like many creatures, they blend into their environment for a reason.

And for anyone that wants to see something a little less sweet than fairies, I have more spirit world photos to share...

I think your imagination might be running awa with you, unfortunatly i don;t see anything in the first photo and when you draw the outline that's all i can focus on and i don;t acaly see what your telling me to look at.