Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Raptor

Feed your Morrowind addiction, my son. Let it be the teacher and you the student. (mystical)

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dando Kast

• Raptor

• Ciraxis

• Moose-Of-Armageddon

Man, I am always late on stuff. Always. I just now started playing Morrowind. I didn't think I would like the game so I never bought it. But Wal-Mart had it on sale at $10.00 so I figured...why not give it a shot?

Now I've fallen in love with that game and have to pull myself away from it begrudgingly after a couple of hours of play. I don't want to get that addicted.

Anyway, I'm betting the majority in this thread have played Morrowind, as well as the expansions (which I haven't gotten yet).

How does this new game measure up to Elder Scrolls III? I'm already reading reports that it blows everything else out of the water, but you can never tell who's writing the reviews. There are a LOT of gaming companies that employ people to do just that.

I'd like to hear it from actual players as to how they rate this game.

Scale of 1-10?

Morrowind would be a 8....Oblivion would be a 10....they brought back some elements from the 1st and 2nd Elder Scrolls games.... and the fighting system is so much better....as well as the lock picking..more of a mini game now. There both great games though.....

I think if they don't see you get on the horse you should be fine... but one time I was riding a horse and talked to a guard while mounted.... the guard was normal...but after I got back off the horse then hopped back up he ran and arrested me

Yeah, guards only seem to realise that the horse is stolen while you mount/dismount it.

I haven't been able to play the game for the past few days, In the first two days that I had it I played it almost non-stop, I would have ended up getting addicted to it, :hmm: .

Truthorder, I have to say that Oblivion gets a 10/10; I'm yet to find a single fault with it.

So have any of the Elder Scroll newbs learned how the complicated level system works?....if your having a hard time leveling up then let me know and I'll help yah out....

Hmmmmm.....Anyone here got their armour all steel and is a Brawler in the Arena and The Journeyman of the Fighters Guild?

BTW, I am Lv6 at the moment, I picked GOOOOD primary skills ;)

Also, I have a silver shortsword for a bit o' ghost-hunting!

When I got this game, I decided that I would play it straight; no killing of NPC's unless it was necessary, and only a slight bit of thievery if I was desperate; but today after I finally bought my own little shack (Imperial City Waterfront), I went to sleep on my bed, and awoke to see a guy standing there in full camoflage; from the Dark Brotherhood guild.

I don't know why he was there, as far as I know the only person I killed, was the Gray Prince in the arena, that must have been the reason.

Well, I gave in. Now I'm an assassin for the Dark Brotherhood guild, I've already advanced a couple of ranks. I regret the killing of so many NPC's...but the rewards are too great to stop. :D

Hmmmmm.....Anyone here got their armour all steel and is a Brawler in the Arena and The Journeyman of the Fighters Guild?

I have all mithril armour (my light profieciency is at 76 I believe, so it doesn't encumber while wearing).... I'm in the Mages guild right now.... and have done 3 out of 6 recommendations.... I primarily use some destruction magic and my bow and arrow (I have silver arrows for ghosts)... I really need to get a capture card so I can show you guys my stats screens... I'm a level 18 right now I think...

You guys know how to get the +5, +1, etc. beside your skills when you level up?.... if not then I'll explain it....

Well, since tlast night I'm level 20...almost 21 before leaving to work... and have gotten quite a bit of Elven wear and an Elven Long Sword.... I'm still no further in the main story though :)

Well, my candy butt is still primarily kicked by Black_Ops, but now Lv8, Warrior Of The Arena. Oh, and I wipe out any old foo' with my Hand Of Ice (Nordic Frost)

And Black_Ops is right, get to a high level before attempting to go to Kvatch, trust me, it's BAAAAADDDDD news if you go there any less than Lv7 ;)

Edited by Moose-Of-Armageddon

Well, my candy butt is still primarily kicked by Black_Ops, but now Lv8, Warrior Of The Arena. Oh, and I wipe out any old foo' with my Hand Of Ice (Nordic Frost)

And Black_Ops is right, get to a high level before attempting to go to Kvatch, trust me, it's BAAAAADDDDD news if you go there any less than Lv7 ;)

Even at lvl 22 it's a little hard... more monsters attack you when you enter. I started doing the Arena last night and am now a Warrior of the Arena... little easy at my lvl though (and with my ring of retribution I just let them hit me and they die anyways, it does 8% reflect damage to them....found it real early in the game in a cave). I got my markmanship up to 50...now I can zoom with my bow, it's frickin' sweet....and once you get acrobatics up to 50 you can roll to the sides or front and do backflips :)

I finished Kvatch at level 5/6; there is a level scaling system, which means that lots of the monsters are normally around an equal level to you.

I finished Kvatch at level 5/6; there is a level scaling system, which means that lots of the monsters are normally around an equal level to you.

Yup, the higher your level the better the monsters...my brother in law went in at lvl one and fought scamps.....borrrriiiiiinnngggg.... at lvl 15 I went into oblivion and was fighting flame atronarchs and Daedroths.... now they were fun to slaughter :devil:

I was wondering, what view do you guys use?.... 1st or 3rd?

Oh right, that's cool. I didn't know that there were different monsters depending on your level, I thought that there strength attributes just changed as you grew stronger.

I use 1st person basically all the time, the only time I use 3rd person is when I'm riding a horse.

Black Ops, I just got what you meant about the levelling system, with the +1, +2 etc. Can you explain how to get them? :tu:

Level 11 Wood Elf Agent, Ex-Vampires. Champion of the Arena, Listener (Leader) of the Black Hand. White Stallion Knight, Sister of the Blood (Vampire slayers) The new Gray Fox. Belong to the Fighters and Mages guild. However, I got kicked out of MAges guild for a quest I did for the Theives guild and now I have to retreive a impossible amount of 20 Daedra hearts and 20 Vampire Dust. I'm also a Champion of Cyrodill after sending the Obilivion gates out of the realm and saving the world.

Black Ops, I just got what you meant about the levelling system, with the +1, +2 etc. Can you explain how to get them?

For sure. You all know that in order to level up you must have 10 levels gained in your major skills for that level, now.... what about the minor skill you say?... they dont' lean towards a level up but I always lvl up many minor skill for this reason. Every skill has a governing attribute (strength, speed, endurance, etc.) When you level up your major skill you gain a +1 beside the governing attribute, when you level up a minor skill 3 times it also gives you a +1.... here's an example(this is my characters majors skills):

Athletics > went up twice (speed)

Blade > went up once (strength)

Destruction > went up once (will power)

Restoration > went up once (will power)

Marksmanship >went up twice (agility)

Acrobatics > went up twice (speed)

Light Armor > went up once (speed)

So if I were to level up based on this I would have these choices:

Speed +5

Agility +2

strength +1

will power +2

Now depending on what minor skill you level up you can gain some more plusses beside the attribute and not worry about gaining a lvl while your trying to get your +'s up.

Does this help?

lol, that's quite a few achievements, Nadal.

Thanks, Black Ops; great explanation. :tu:

I just got the Skeleton Key (An unbreakable lockpick with +40 security); it's extremely easy to get and great to have.

If anyone wants one, Fast travel to Leyawiin and make your way to the Mages guild (you don't have to be a member), and speak to Alves Uvenim. She'll tell you the location of a Daedra shrine. Go to the shrine and activate it, you'll be given a quest to find an 'Eye of Nocturnal'. The cave is located just above the letter 'B' in words 'Topal Bay' on the map. Head over to there and you'll find the Tidewater Cave. When you're in there, take the first left and than another left at the turning point, and you should come across the Eye. Return to the shrine and you'll have the Skeleton Key, it shouldn't take any longer than about 10 minutes.

Time to thieve. :D

No prob. By the way I'm level 24...Associate of the Mages guild and Gladiator of the Arena... closed my first gate last night..... at lvl 22 you shoulda seen what I was fighting....

im a level 4 khajiit theif, but i joined the dark-brotherhood because it was an easy to find place to actually join them.

ive been in the game for 71 days, 60 of which ive spent in jail, and 11 days out of jail xD (I was a really lousy thief... but im getting better, I think i have the hang of it now.)

Edited by Leliel

My next character I plan to be an Assassin of the Dark Brotherhood... as a vampire :)

ive been in the game for 71 days, 60 of which ive spent in jail, and 11 days out of jail xD (I was a really lousy thief... but im getting better, I think i have the hang of it now.)

:lol: How the hell?

I've never been to jail, I save very often, and if I get caught I just load. There's not much use for it apart from the face it's just easier to do it that way to stay in the fighters/mages guild.

Wow, god Nadal, are you some sort of machine or something?

I'm now a Gladiator of the Arena, and a guy with a great big Silver Longsword ;) At Lv10

LOL, I feel real confident, I know people are kicking my butt to Hammerfell and back XD

And that Skeleton Key, it seems interesting. I have Security as one of my major skills even though i'm not a thief in any way and general consider myself the 'Knight in shiny armour with the whopping great sword and the blond Nord hair' character. I just found I was damn good at picking Very Easy chests in ther Imperial sewers, so I assigned it. Now I use lockpicks to unlock special doors and display cases in Fighter's Guilds. But mine keep breaking. I'll have a look at the Skeleton Key.

And yep, never been in jail. Only paid 1 or 2 fines for some trespassing :tu:

Edited by Moose-Of-Armageddon

I was wondering, what view do you guys use?.... 1st or 3rd?

1st normally, but 3rd when I feel like looking at myself run through a town or forest or something :lol:

And BTW, just for anyone that doesn't know, talk to Prior Maborel at Weynon Priory and he says you're allowed to use his paint horses. Dayum fine horse too, and it's free ;)

1st normally, but 3rd when I feel like looking at myself run through a town or forest or something :lol:

And BTW, just for anyone that doesn't know, talk to Prior Maborel at Weynon Priory and he says you're allowed to use his paint horses. Dayum fine horse too, and it's free ;)

oo cheers for the horse info :tu:

now I cant get kicked out the theif guild for stealing fellow theives horses :lol:

Should we be saying *spoiler* if were telling how to do something in the game?.....

So I was playing last night and came across two more gates just out in the world... closed one. My highlight though was really silly... I was in the mages guild and accidentally took out my sword and swung....there was a table right in front with plates and things on it... I see the blade go sideways....take the plate out fron underneath everything else and go flying.....nothing else budged :D .... I treid to do again but couldn't.... every other time I hit all the cups and food too....

....and lvl 27 right now....