Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orbs Are Spirits (my evidence)

Alisa

Yes, TwilightSilver, I did enhance the photo previous to it being outlined it in yellow. Here is the original on the left. It has been enlarged and brightened, but nothing more. I have inserted the enhanced one next to it so you can see what I did.

user posted image<--->user posted image

Alright, now I see. You have a good eye for finding these anomalies in pictures! :tu: How long have you been doing this work?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alisa

• jonb

• NME_locus

• Haunted-Earth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anyone provide evidence of orbs being dust/water particles. Your own personal evidence would be better than copying from somewhere else because then you can personally vouch for the evidence, if you know what I mean.

I took the attached photo last summer. It had just started to drizzle a very light rain......hence the "orbs" in the photo. Notice how very similar they are to the "orbs" in your photos at the top of this thread, even as far as having one "orb" larger and brighter in appearance (because that raindrop was closer to the lense).

post-16938-1143444595.jpg

Hi Alisa, well, before I post anything I must say that I respect your beliefs and anything I post in here doesn´t mean that I am right or that you are wrong. I will post my opnion and some facts that happened to me.

I used to participate on the www.asylumcam.com forums. There you can find a lot of nice people and images regarding paranormal and non paranormal events. Anyway, orbs exist but they show up alone most of the time. If u make a research about it you will sure find this statement true. Dust particles are comom and with digital cam, they became something really boring. Try some shots with an analog cam, you will see that you will not get too much orbs this, if you get any with an analog cam. Another thing is, orbs don´t need light source, they apear in the darkness if its the case without the need of light (cam flash in this case). Please, understand that I am not trying to say you are wrong but please, paranormal, spiritual issues must be verywell studied and analysed before taking any conclusion.

There in asylum cam, there is a pic of mine, with a single orb in motion, very weird one, but I really think its just dust. Its a single orb and no flash was used, its a redish orb and but I don´t know. I don´t think its that easy to "see" a ghost or spirit. Well, one thing I wish to you. good luck with your research. I think you will come along with really good pictures.

I had a link to a site with infrared footages and there were really god orb shooting. hovering in the dark, etc. We could even watch one that the cat pursue the orb with its eyes shining in the dark. I will try to find it and post it here latter for you.

www.parascience.org.uk - Research about ORBS

Edited by Feanor

Hi Alisa ..i think you're on a hiding to nothing here as most will never agree with you.

In my own particular case i've had many many ORB pics from my house

I think that the VAST majority are dust particles BUT the strongest whites orbs have always been when i'm thinking about a passed over family member....always.They especially show up strong at family get togethers.

Now as for the argument about dust and moisture...heres a strange thing...i travel a lot for work and have been in factories all over the world.....dusty,dirty smoky places a lot of the time and i use my own digital camera for photographing equipment...i went through about 100 of these photo's a few months back to see how many different orb types i could see......y'know how many orbs were in the 100 photo's....NONE....not even one.So why not i wonder ? I mean you'd imagine with all the dust floating about there would have been at least a couple ...but no.

I think some excellent points and examples have been made here. :)

Excellent photo from Earthchick. But I have to say that I think that photo contains orbs. In fact, orbs love rain. This makes it pretty sticky with critics, I know. I capture far more orbs when I take photos in the rain. But, I capture identical looking orbs in the same places (though often in fewer numbers) when it is as dry as a bone. It may be energy from raining, or the atmosphere, or simply the love of rain, I do not know!

But, if orbs love rain, as I believe they do, and critics insist that any orbs showing up in photos taken in the rain are water drops, this makes it a bit difficult to argue. So instead I hope to appeal to those that believe in orbs as spirits more so than trying to convince those that don't. Hence, all due respect to those that wish to believe orbs are particulate. I am not trying to change your mind, but if you want to, that is okay with me. :P

I will make another post after organizing my orbs photos (taken during rain).

Feanor, thanks for the extremely respectful arguement. I would love to see your photo of the red orb. I have a great interest in red orbs. Here is one of only a few in which I have managed to capture a reddish orb.

user posted image

The fact that this orb is amongst other non-reddish orbs shows me that it is not a tinting anomaly. So I can't help but wonder what creature it was while alive.

Bogeyman, your post is great! I wonder why, after collecting some pretty good evidence with all of the dusty factory photos sans orbs, you believe the vast majority of orbs are dust. And you also seem to see a connection between some orbs and possible spirits (of family).

Let me just say this... of the billions of souls that have lived on this planet, including animals, why the heck would the air (sky, space) not be chockful of spirits and hence validate orbs being everywhere? In fact, in many of my night time photos with orbs in them, when I begin to brighten, and brighten, and brighten the photo, more and more orbs appear far off into the distance, often completely filling the sky. Yet they are not at all visible in the first look at the photo. If anyone is slightly curious, check some of your photos in a photo program by contrasting it a bit at a time to see if there are orbs that are so faint they can't otherwise be seen. To me, the whole idea of orbs, ghosts, etc., is all about exploration. Not even proving or arguing, just looking outward with curiosity and excitement about what else might exist, and what might happen to us when we pass, and who else might be living beside us that we can learn about and befriend.

They( ghosts, souls, spirits) are all laughing at you and saying, “These people believe that we are dust and calling us orbs!” Don’t you think ghost or souls appear in a more appropriate manifestation than orbs? A bit feeble isn’t it? And the realistic thing is that you are NOT utterly sure that they are souls or spirits. You just want them to be w/o valid testimony(pretty much goes the same with all the Supernatural). I must admit that I have “kind of” thought that orbs could be spirits until I had taken pictures and seen my own orbs. Now if I totally believe that the orbs in my pictures were ghosts. I would be narcissistic and imprudent, but Occam’s Razor tells me that it is….dust or filth in the air. People catch flues and cold from these floating particles and possess symptoms of illness. Sorry but Orbs are not souls or ghosts. If you see your loved one staring at you that had passed away..that is your ghost. Nice pictures of The Farmer by the way :tu:

post-14229-1143498847.jpg

Feanor, thanks for the extremely respectful arguement. I would love to see your photo of the red orb. I have a great interest in red orbs. Here is one of only a few in which I have managed to capture a reddish orb.

user posted image

The fact that this orb is amongst other non-reddish orbs shows me that it is not a tinting anomaly. So I can't help but wonder what creature it was while alive.

Hi Alisa, you are wellcome. Now, this one is an excellent picture.

Well, about my red orb foto, I promisse you that I will post it tonight when I get home after work so you can tell what you think it is.

Cya!

I strongly believe that orbs are spirits. I believe there is a huge difference between orbs and air particulate that shows up in photos. I will present the evidence that I have accumulated that leads me to believe that orbs are spirits. And as always, everyone is entitled to their own interpretation and opinions. I also suggest that anyone truly curious should attempt their own simple experimentation.

1. Looking through a life time of photos I have taken, I did find two or three photos with orbs in them out of the hundreds with no orbs. However, once I began taking photos with the sole intention of capturing orbs, they began appearing in virtually every photo I took, using the same camera I had used for two years previously without a single orb. For me, this was a strong piece of evidence that these entities were responding to my intention and invitation to photograph them.

2. The flipping photos below consist of two photos that I took sequentially. I was not trying to capture an orb moving, I only noticed orbs in both of them and then when viewing them together, realized it showed movement. Particularly notice the bright orb in the middle (that looks like it is smiling in my opinion) and how it moves into the eaves of the house and partially disappears. This to me is good evidence that my orbs are not dust or water. Also note by following certain orbs that they are moving in different directions (so no wind moving particulate).

user posted image

Enlargements of the bright orb above:

user posted imageuser posted image

I will gather more evidence that I have and arrange it for presentation under this topic, but this is a good start.

I also want to add that I cannot find the logic in the argument that is made for camera flashes somehow meaning the orbs that show up are not spirit orbs??? What is spirit material made that it does not require a flash? Is it reflective? Is it transparent? If it is a transparent ball that is often only visible by the reflected light of, say a flash, then perhaps that is why so many orbs show up with flashes.

And could it be that orbs, like spirits and ghosts, materialize and dematerialize and may be photographed at a moment of transition, or appearing in one photo and seconds later are not there? Perhaps they pop in and out of our dimension and also sometimes travel or float about while in either? I believe this is so.

Perhaps some orbs are very bright or colorful in full manifestation and don't require a flash or show up extremely bright with a flash. I have several such photos where I feel orbs are condensing their energy and shooting off either vertically or horizontally and they are virtually white in appearance due to their energy emission. And yet, I could not see these orbs with my naked eye at the time, so what does that mean about the nature of reality and visibility? We can't see xrays or infrared, but they are there and certain equipment can capture pictures of them.

user posted image

Can you prove it? I BELIEVE (key word believe) he does I have FAITH (another key word) he does...but guess what I don't know for SURE and can prove it...so again is your faith and belief that he exists or...do you know for a fact?

You did not see these orbs with your naked eye, only witnessed them after taking the photograph? Beacause i have seen orbs before as a child, in groups travelling slowly and mythodically, comforting in a way. I have met one person in my life that has seen the same. I did not even think about taking a picture, for they comforted me, and i didn't even think about running and telling my mom about them, they were beautiful.. The colors were Pink, Purple and Red usually. I personally havent seen them since i was about 9... but i remmember them clear as day, moving circular together, about the size of golf balls, and 3D as can be, floating snake like, whirling and twisting one after another, not fast either... slowly..... does anyone know what they represent in the spirit realm?

You did not see these orbs with your naked eye, only witnessed them after taking the photograph? Beacause i have seen orbs before as a child, in groups travelling slowly and mythodically, comforting in a way. I have met one person in my life that has seen the same. I did not even think about taking a picture, for they comforted me, and i didn't even think about running and telling my mom about them, they were beautiful.. The colors were Pink, Purple and Red usually. I personally havent seen them since i was about 9... but i remmember them clear as day, moving circular together, about the size of golf balls, and 3D as can be, floating snake like, whirling and twisting one after another, not fast either... slowly..... does anyone know what they represent in the spirit realm?

This must be fascinating!

You can read about ORBS in here: About Orbs

Another site about orbs

Research about Orbs - Good one!

Thanks Feanor, i read those articles... is there anyone else that has witnessed orbs first hand like me?... they are very comforting, and easy to be around, they are in no way alarming or harmful. They are the complete opposite of boisterous. Does anyone else know what they may represent... they helped me goto sleep as a child.

Edited by Kaknelson

Can anyone provide evidence of orbs being dust/water particles. Your own personal evidence would be better than copying from somewhere else because then you can personally vouch for the evidence, if you know what I mean.

Alisa, in time you will learn and have your own opinion. I once believed in orbs, but time changed my view about it and through experimenting, I was basically successful in predicting which photos that I will catch orbs in and which photos will not have orbs.

These are some of my photos. I have tons of them. If I spend too much of my time on dust orbs, I might be missing out and not paying attention to other paranormal stuff that would be more worthy of taking pictures of.

Below the three pictures that I have posted, I have attached a file regarding cameras capturing orbs.

Orbs_are_a_very_controversial_item_in_the_paranormal_investigation_field.doc

post-15805-1143567227.jpg

post-15805-1143567516.jpg

post-15805-1143567853.jpg

Edited by NME_locus

Below the three pictures that I have posted, I have attached a file regarding cameras capturing orbs.

Good article :yes: I've attached an article of my own on the subject - my conclusions are much the same as yours, except for when the Cosmic Joker intervened :unsure:

Riddle_of_the_Orbs.pdf

Well this article made me realise just how amazingly ignorant some people can actually be, i mean no offense by what i say or how i say it but as a VERY rational thinker, and i have VERY Good knowledge of photography in most aspects (2 qualifications and many photos taken) With what i may add is a QUALITY SLR + DSLR CAMERA, WITHOUT a flash unit mounted on the camera, although i do have one with but i will mostly use a seperate flash unit.

TwilightSilver, here is the photo of the farmer outlined in yellow...

user posted image<--->user posted image

i had to swallow my drink pretty fast before i made a mess of the monitor. what you have here is what looks like a kitchen cabinet door, and maybe a jug on the counter, in probably nightvision which produces a very grainey/noisey image, and when you have a load of noise you start to see whatever you like in it, (try looking at tv static and thinking of numbers or symbols, youll soon see them in the noise)

I love this next quote, it almost does all the explaining for me:-

In fact, orbs love rain. This makes it pretty sticky with critics, I know. I capture far more orbs when I take photos in the rain. But, I capture identical looking orbs in the same places (though often in fewer numbers) when it is as dry as a bone. It may be energy from raining, or the atmosphere, or simply the love of rain, I do not know!

Well alisa, this may be hard for you to grasp, but i DO have the ANSWER!!!

you see, when you take photos of RAIN, light from the FLASH on your camera actually HITS These rain drops, and when light hits somthing it is reflected, hence why cameras actually have flash's, so your rain drops falling from the sky are bouncing back out of focus blobs.

Now, the reason these raindrops and orbs look the same is because They Are Both Rain.

As with anything floating through the air it WILL be reflected hard by the flash (most of all by the popular digital cameras with a flash pretty much stuck right next to the lens)

Which causes the reflection to be Even More Stronger because the reflected light is sent almost directly back to the lens.

good examples of different camera behaviour here --

This was a freinds bands gig, where it was fairly dusty in the place, this is a photo taken with a popular COMPACT Digital camera

user posted image

lots of reflected dust clearly visable and oh look a different coloured one, nothing unusual.

The next one is from a Digital SLR Camera, (Nikon D70 if you wanna look it up) the flash unit built in was used, but is placed a few inches above the lens and pops up away from the body. note that there are no, or if there are then barely visable "Orbs" (dust) in the pic, oh and the reason for more than one arm visable is because it was like a 1/2 second exposure and this was the desired effect, kinda.

larger pic, click to see

so thats that.

In fact, in many of my night time photos with orbs in them, when I begin to brighten, and brighten, and brighten the photo, more and more orbs appear far off into the distance, often completely filling the sky. Yet they are not at all visible in the first look at the photo. If anyone is slightly curious, check some of your photos in a photo program by contrasting it a bit at a time to see if there are orbs that are so faint they can't otherwise be seen. To me, the whole idea of orbs, ghosts, etc., is all about exploration. Not even proving or arguing, just looking outward with curiosity and excitement about what else might exist, and what might happen to us when we pass, and who else might be living beside us that we can learn about and befriend.

ok so this just shows How much stuff there is floating around the camera, mostly this will be quite close up to your lens, Next time you go taking photos at night, pay close attention to just in front of your camera when the flash goes, off... e.g peer over the top of the camera looking downward on it. im quite sure you will see small bits of dust, maybe not always but somtimes especially in a dark place or inside you will probably see this a few times.

ALSO When you take photos again, if you can, set your camera to NOT use flash, might be possible in night mode, or under options. I Can pretty much garantee that you wont ever have any "orbs" in these photos, But why would this be? SURELY Orbs are ENERGY As all ghosts are claimed to be, and in order for this energy to be seein it is given off as light.. Right?....

So why do orbs need flash and bright lights in order for them to occur?

Maybe this is what everyone who believes orbs are a form of aparition needs to consider, and experiment for themselves without flash photography to see for themselves. (include foreground so we can see no flash was used!)

soIn a world where Cheaper Compact cameras are widespread and used by nearly everyone, this effect is always going to happen and unfortunately due to websites, tv n stuff who are desperate to produce evidence of paranormal activity that they use this crap as their only evidence and show the world what ghosts look like.

sorry if any of this sounded sarcastic etc but it gets me angry!

Thanks Feanor, i read those articles... is there anyone else that has witnessed orbs first hand like me?... they are very comforting, and easy to be around, they are in no way alarming or harmful. They are the complete opposite of boisterous. Does anyone else know what they may represent... they helped me goto sleep as a child.

Thank you soooooo much for your input! This is exactly the type of validation I was looking for. :D And from your first-hand experience! It is utterly brilliant that you could see orbs as a child. My heart lept when I read the part about them moving like a snake:

but i remmember them clear as day, moving circular together, about the size of golf balls, and 3D as can be, floating snake like, whirling and twisting one after another, not fast either... slowly..... does anyone know what they represent in the spirit realm?

Early on, I came to realize that most of the orbs I had been capturing were snakes! I will post some photos later in the day of the orbs unfurling as snakes or as outlines of snakes within the orbs. I don't know if this is what you meant, but this is what I see in my photos. I believe that these spirit snakes are spiritual caretakers. They seem to float about in the plants and sky, often unfurling, and often appearing with other spirits. In fact, I feel that they are an intermediary between realms and can give added energy to a spirit that wants to manifest.

It does sound strange, and these things would never had occurred to me before I began spirit photography. I know that they respond to me when I call to them for photos. They are extremely friendly and of good will, and sometimes position their bodies to appear as a smile for me. :) All in photos, mind you. I wish to develop the ability to see them without the camera. That is my intention.

Thank you so much, Kaknelson.

Alisa, in time you will learn and have your own opinion. I once believed in orbs, but time changed my view about it and through experimenting, I was basically successful in predicting which photos that I will catch orbs in and which photos will not have orbs.

These are some of my photos. I have tons of them. If I spend too much of my time on dust orbs, I might be missing out and not paying attention to other paranormal stuff that would be more worthy of taking pictures of.

I have a strong belief and knowledge that orbs are spirits. I was merely welcoming all points of view to participate in the discussion. And I appreciate your viewpoint, too. :)

I actually love your dust orbs, though I don't think they are dust myself. May I please have a look at the original of the cemetery orbs. I can see that those (according to my belief, of course) are definitely human spirits. Please may I have a look at the original if you have it? You can email it to me or I can download it if you place it somewhere. Let me know. :D

Well this article made me realise just how amazingly ignorant some people can actually be, i mean no offense by what i say or how i say it but as a VERY rational thinker, and i have VERY Good knowledge of photography in most aspects (2 qualifications and many photos taken) With what i may add is a QUALITY SLR + DSLR CAMERA, WITHOUT a flash unit mounted on the camera, although i do have one with but i will mostly use a seperate flash unit.

It's nice to have someone with an expert's point of view in on the discussion. :)

i had to swallow my drink pretty fast before i made a mess of the monitor. what you have here is what looks like a kitchen cabinet door, and maybe a jug on the counter, in probably nightvision which produces a very grainey/noisey image, and when you have a load of noise you start to see whatever you like in it, (try looking at tv static and thinking of numbers or symbols, youll soon see them in the noise)

The photo was taken outside. I had invited anyone wanting to have their picture taken to appear. I understand that you feel this is not a spirit. I see him clearly and objectively, I can't see good clear spirits in 90% of the "white noise" or background of photos. I see orbs, of course, but spirits are rare for me at this stage. And yet, I think that the backgrounds are chockful of spirits, they just don't all appear clearly.

I love this next quote, it almost does all the explaining for me:-

Perhaps your saying this was a bit meanspirited... :(

Well alisa, this may be hard for you to grasp, but i DO have the ANSWER!!!

you see, when you take photos of RAIN, light from the FLASH on your camera actually HITS These rain drops, and when light hits somthing it is reflected, hence why cameras actually have flash's, so your rain drops falling from the sky are bouncing back out of focus blobs.

Now, the reason these raindrops and orbs look the same is because They Are Both Rain.

I can distinguish the rain from the orbs. They are vastly different from my point of view.

As with anything floating through the air it WILL be reflected hard by the flash (most of all by the popular digital cameras with a flash pretty much stuck right next to the lens)

Which causes the reflection to be Even More Stronger because the reflected light is sent almost directly back to the lens.

good examples of different camera behaviour here --

This was a freinds bands gig, where it was fairly dusty in the place, this is a photo taken with a popular COMPACT Digital camera

user posted image

lots of reflected dust clearly visable and oh look a different coloured one, nothing unusual.

The next one is from a Digital SLR Camera, (Nikon D70 if you wanna look it up) the flash unit built in was used, but is placed a few inches above the lens and pops up away from the body. note that there are no, or if there are then barely visable "Orbs" (dust) in the pic, oh and the reason for more than one arm visable is because it was like a 1/2 second exposure and this was the desired effect, kinda.

larger pic, click to see

so thats that.

Well, I do not agree. I think this photo contains spirit orbs. Just because there is dust or rain and spirit orbs, does not mean that the spirit orbs are dust and rain.

ok so this just shows How much stuff there is floating around the camera, mostly this will be quite close up to your lens, Next time you go taking photos at night, pay close attention to just in front of your camera when the flash goes, off... e.g peer over the top of the camera looking downward on it. im quite sure you will see small bits of dust, maybe not always but somtimes especially in a dark place or inside you will probably see this a few times.

I took hundreds of photos in the past with the same digital camera I use now, and before I invited orbs to appear, only two photos I took contained a very faint orb or two.

ALSO When you take photos again, if you can, set your camera to NOT use flash, might be possible in night mode, or under options. I Can pretty much garantee that you wont ever have any "orbs" in these photos, But why would this be? SURELY Orbs are ENERGY As all ghosts are claimed to be, and in order for this energy to be seein it is given off as light.. Right?....

Orbs do sometimes show up brightly with no flash, but more of them show in the reflected light of the flash. Who can say what their physical properties are anyway. We would have to be able to get one into a lab situation.

So why do orbs need flash and bright lights in order for them to occur?

Maybe this is what everyone who believes orbs are a form of aparition needs to consider, and experiment for themselves without flash photography to see for themselves. (include foreground so we can see no flash was used!)

I fully believe in experimenting, so I think this is a good idea. :)

soIn a world where Cheaper Compact cameras are widespread and used by nearly everyone, this effect is always going to happen and unfortunately due to websites, tv n stuff who are desperate to produce evidence of paranormal activity that they use this crap as their only evidence and show the world what ghosts look like.

sorry if any of this sounded sarcastic etc but it gets me angry!

I think we should all be tolerant of each other's beliefs, realizing that there are many valid, different points of view. If others want orbs to be mystical, and experience it as such, it doesn't have to affect your position, does it?

thanks for the reply alisa, and sorry if i sounded like a b*stard ahaha i can see i was a bit pushy now, but i really do not believe anything of such could be paranormal, i would like to set up a situation to prove this once and for all, perhaps i will someday but with no doubt it would be ignored.

this page is quite good for showing different types of airbourn anomoly

http://ghoststudy.com/monthly/jan06/lessonjan2006.htm

and to be honest out of the ones they call possibly real i can only say the ones with shadows are of particular interest, as ive seen the others in photos i or others have taken that i know, and as for the one with the face, or any with patterns in, try this:

Look at a bright light source, a spotlight works best, and look at it from a fair distance. if you can, blur your eyes so that in effect your eyes are focusing on somthing very close to you, keep the light source blurred so it looks similar to orbs, notice anything? you can see a similar pattern to the blurred light as in these photos. i think its a natural occurance that is re created sharper in photos.

also the photo i posted i can 100% say for certain it was dust, at the venue i was near the front taking other photos, and looked back at the lights and saw a hell of a lot of dust floating in front of the stage lights

thanks for the reply alisa, and sorry if i sounded like a b*stard ahaha i can see i was a bit pushy now, but i really do not believe anything of such could be paranormal, i would like to set up a situation to prove this once and for all, perhaps i will someday but with no doubt it would be ignored.

I would not ignore it. And because there are so many skeptics out there, they would probably jump on the chance to use it to back their assertion up (if the test revealed results in their favor). ;)

this page is quite good for showing different types of airbourn anomoly

http://ghoststudy.com/monthly/jan06/lessonjan2006.htm

Oh, ghoststudy has really fixed up their orb explanation page. Thanks for the great link. They have excellent photos as examples, too. I love ghost study and they were my inspiration for trying spirit photography, however, just because they are saying these things are dust and rain, does not prove it to me. And the reason is because I cannot see any logic, especially in the orbs that are shooting up vertically that they are saying looks paranormal, but is not, it is rain. That doesn't even make physical sense to me, what do you think as a professional photographer though, jonb?

The orbs they are saying are not spirits are some of the most amazing orbs I've seen. I feel a bit irritated that they think they can just dismiss this as if it is a fact. They do have lots of experience with spirit photos, and I do love their site, as I said, but they are not basing this on any fact or proof as far as I can tell. It is as if they decided long ago that orbs are not spirits, perhaps because orbs are showing up in so many, many people's photos. They seem to be reasoning that spirits are special and rare so they cannot be this frequent. This is what "I" think they are thinking, anyway. However, how many billions of spirits have lived and died on this planet, particularly animals. I find dogs, cats and snakes to make up a large number of the spirits I capture in my photos, and if all of these billions and billions of creatures have orbs, as I believe all spirits do, then there are a huge amount of orbs floating around (so to speak, ha ha).

and to be honest out of the ones they call possibly real i can only say the ones with shadows are of particular interest, as ive seen the others in photos i or others have taken that i know, and as for the one with the face, or any with patterns in, try this:

Look at a bright light source, a spotlight works best, and look at it from a fair distance. if you can, blur your eyes so that in effect your eyes are focusing on somthing very close to you, keep the light source blurred so it looks similar to orbs, notice anything? you can see a similar pattern to the blurred light as in these photos. i think its a natural occurance that is re created sharper in photos.

I agree with this. But as I said about paredolia, I believe people do inherently see faces in patterns, and while I want to add that sometimes they may indeed be seeing only a coincidence, I feel that quite often they are making out something that borders our dimension. I feel that spirits use existing physical patterns as a template for manifestation. You will see my reasoning here in my wolf picture, the photo of the man in the hospital bed, etc. Some interdimensional beings do not use or need or choose to use physical patterns to manifest. I'm not even sure that their world does not make up what we see in our world (in other words what we see as patterns is really them existing there in the first place). I just don't know. What I feel I do know, is that other beings exist and the veil is becoming thinner between our realities as we (humans) progress toward enlightenment.

also the photo i posted i can 100% say for certain it was dust, at the venue i was near the front taking other photos, and looked back at the lights and saw a hell of a lot of dust floating in front of the stage lights

Respectfully I say that even though there was a lot of dust, maybe spirits were just checking out the great music and the dust wasn't even showing up on the photo. ;) Just my opinion, jonb. :P

You make some very good points about orbs. I am not totaly convinced yet :D

Check out this picture I took last year in anouther thread.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...topic=37296&hl=

I looked at this lovely photo and immediately thought, that orb is connected to the little girl, I wonder how. I did not notice what you wrote until I hit the back arrow (about her father having passed away shortly before). My strong opinion is that this orb is her father, or a representative for him. The orb is positioning itself over her face to draw attention, which it obviously does.

I can't prove it, nor can anyone disprove it. But let me put it this way...if life is what we make it, then why not believe something is the nicest, best answer, such as this is the gorgeous little girl's father letting her know he is there, if and until it is proven otherwise, rather than believing this is a big piece of dust until someone can convince and prove it is a spirit? And since neither may ever be proven, you could spend your whole life believing that a beloved family member is there with you, watching over you and loving you. What a gift. :)

I know someone wrote in one of these topics recently that it could be harmful to believe something is good and then have your hopes dashed if you find it is not (oh, I think it was Psyche101 about the Cottingley fairies in the fairy topic). But I still see all scenarios as the glass half-full (old cliche) and it will always be half-full to some and half-empty to some. And half-fullers are going to be a lot happier and hence healthier. ;)

^ Yep that was me :D I still think that feulling false hope is a dangerous thing and makes people more gullible.

I was actually directed by Alisa here from the other thread and sure seems this is the place to ask my question again. Good Call Alisa :tu:

As we seem to have a couple photography aficionado's in here I have a question you may be able to help me with, when chemicals are mixed, the reaction generally causes a circular pattern. Could (some of) these orbs be produced at development time?

Having read this thread, I think I was trying to say something similar to jonb in yet another thread, with relation to the Roswell Rods and how they have been proven to be insects appearance simply changed by lighting and shutter speeds. I really think this explains 'definition' of some of the photo's. I doubt they are all dust, I really think orns are a combination of moisture, insect's, conditions (shutter speeds and lighting effects with different angles can distort a picture dramatically).

Another point is that you say the palm outsided is a popular place for these orbs.

Palm trees create very large amounts of dust. Suprising really. Cocos palms are really poopular here in Oz. If you have one, chop it down. Messy damn things.

Farmer, damn, no matter how much I look at that, looks like what jnob said - a kitchen cabinet door. That is also what I though when I first saw it. A bad grainy pic of one, but a kitchen door nonethless. Sorry, I think that is a really bad example IMHO. I could never be convinced by this photo.

I also asked this in the other thread, sorry to repeat,

You have asked members what it would take to convince them these are in fact orbs.

What would it take to convince you that you that these pictures show something quite explainable that are not supernatural?

Perhap's some of these fine folks might like to take part in the experiment I suggested in the other thread over in the Crypto Section :tu:

Cheers

The stirrer :D

Edited by psyche101

i still would like to know if these orbs, saying they are spirits, what they represent? I heard that it was the death of a child, or birth of a child, and they watch over you... but then again im not quite sure... if you have anymore info alisa i would appreciate it.

What i ment by "snake like" was that there was a group of them... Say 6 or 7 floating together to produce a snake like figure. They are very relaxing if u ask me lol :D

eastman comitted suicide ~~

how 'bout history of who / where / how cameras / film / batteries et cetera !!! ~~

makers of my jeans wearing me ~~~

regardless---there are images ~~whether we name / see it or not---

as much as is seen is unseen---as much is named is unnamed

we live on an orb-- we look through orbs ~~~

This is a breif picture i composed to show gravity defying weightlessness of the "orbs".... bare in mind it took me about 3 mins. :geek: colors are all the same at one time... usually Pink, Purple or Red.

This is a breif picture i composed to show gravity defying weightlessness of the "orbs".... bare in mind it took me about 3 mins. :geek: colors are all the same at one time... usually Pink, Purple or Red.

Oh wow, that is so beautiful! No wonder it soothed you to see it. Were they that crisp and clearly defined, or softer looking?