Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orbs Are Spirits (my evidence)

Alisa

And the reason is because I cannot see any logic, especially in the orbs that are shooting up vertically that they are saying looks paranormal, but is not, it is rain. That doesn't even make physical sense to me, what do you think as a professional photographer though, jonb?

hahaha i wouldnt call me a pro, i still cant take good photos, just know a lot about it

i do have an explanation for the orbs that appear to be shooting upwards, although somone else on the forum posted an excellent example of one he made himself with rain with which he explained a similar reason for them.

The rain falling to a humans eye would be seen as streaks of lines falling, but the camera & flash freezes this movement, usually producing dots (in this case some consider them orbs)

Usually a flash from a camera would be pretty instant, with no or very little extra light being produced after the initial burst.

depending on the camera, battery life and other factors your flash might have been producing light after the initial flash, which would have caused somthing going as fast as a raindrop to be lit up as it still falls, which would make the 'tail' of the anomoly. so what actually looks like it is shooting upwards, is actually falling.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/galle...album=11&pos=18

this is the photo i meant, although it was snow

its a little harder to explain your photo as shutter/flash synchronisiation because it looks to be taken at night, unless there was a strongish light source other than the flash

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alisa

• jonb

• NME_locus

• Haunted-Earth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good article :yes: I've attached an article of my own on the subject - my conclusions are much the same as yours, except for when the Cosmic Joker intervened :unsure:

Hey, that article you posted is pretty interesting.

This is a breif picture i composed to show gravity defying weightlessness of the "orbs".... bare in mind it took me about 3 mins. :geek: colors are all the same at one time... usually Pink, Purple or Red.

Sounds to me like nature at it's best. This is a natural occurance. If you are seeing visually orbs glowing in different colors, then you might want to do research on " Ball lightning"

Anatomy of a Lightning Ball

An aerial wonder, pondered for ages, no longer seems so ghostly

By:Peter Weiss

Fiery blasts: QuickTime video clips.

Not many people get to see ball lightning, but those who do never forget it. Imagine a glowing orb suddenly materializing in front of you, possibly sizzling or exuding a bluish mist and an acrid smell. The globe may be larger than a beach ball and dart through the air, perhaps hovering occasionally as if considering its next move. The ball may also roll or bounce along the ground, climb utility poles, and skitter along power lines. As it travels, the fiery sphere may destroy electrical equipment, ignite fires, and even singe animals or people.

Here is a source..... well, what the heck, have a few.....

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s520317.htm

http://www.amasci.com/tesla/ballgtn.html

http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20020209/bob8.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

http://physicsweb.org/articles/news/10/2/6/1

http://amasci.com/weird/unusual/bl.html

http://www.tbns.net/mediapoet/tech19b.htm

Here's much more links to this:

http://dmoz.org/Science/Earth_Sciences/Met...Ball_Lightning/

Edited by NME_locus

hahaha i wouldnt call me a pro, i still cant take good photos, just know a lot about it

i do have an explanation for the orbs that appear to be shooting upwards, although somone else on the forum posted an excellent example of one he made himself with rain with which he explained a similar reason for them.

The rain falling to a humans eye would be seen as streaks of lines falling, but the camera & flash freezes this movement, usually producing dots (in this case some consider them orbs)

Usually a flash from a camera would be pretty instant, with no or very little extra light being produced after the initial burst.

depending on the camera, battery life and other factors your flash might have been producing light after the initial flash, which would have caused somthing going as fast as a raindrop to be lit up as it still falls, which would make the 'tail' of the anomoly. so what actually looks like it is shooting upwards, is actually falling.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/galle...album=11&pos=18

this is the photo i meant, although it was snow

its a little harder to explain your photo as shutter/flash synchronisiation because it looks to be taken at night, unless there was a strongish light source other than the flash

I agree 100% JB; the trails/streaks are simply caused by the flash output and shutter speed being asynchronous (I've got another article on that somewhere...)

Actually this is more pronounced at night, most people taking these shots will have their cameras on auto settings, the camera is going to be selecting a longer shutter speed; so the period of fast flash burst but slow light falloff will illuminate a falling (or other moving) particulate while the shutter is still open - so longer trails/streaks.

Moving_Orbs.pdf

Edited by Shadow_Wolf

Rain + Streak orbs debunkedddd

MMMKAY here we go, as its raining right now i went and did a little test to show how it shows up, with 2 cameras to show how it is picked up with a compact, and the 2nd camera to show the camera taking the photo as it takes the photo... :blink: ... take a look

Photo of the rain as seen by a compact with flash on :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/dea...mit/rainey2.jpg

Oh look a streaky one with a tail got in there, spirit? no

take a look at the photo of the camera as it takes the photo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/deathvomit/rainey.jpg

As you can see the droplets of rain are being illuminated pretty well by that bright flash, and are considerably smaller than they are in 1st photo for obvious reasons (distance from lens)

as for the tail i can say for certain that flash units have a fadeout time even though it is tiny and by the looks of it certain size/speed objects can capture this movement,

I know a lot of you dont need to be told that this is fact but hey this topic is proof some do.

ill probably try some dust ones too

Edited by jonb

Great post Jonb, however, are they going to listen and believe in what you are trying to confirm? No, they will keep on believing that ghosts are orbs in no matter on how countless of times that you explain it to them. It is sad actually, and these kind of beliefs only makes it cloudy for the future of believers of the Supernatural, or simply put, they are bad mentors. :mellow:

thanks primordial, and yeah i agree.

its a shame because although you wouldnt think it, im genuinely interested in ghost research.

im just saddened and amazed that all there seems to be are these 'orbs' everywhere, and many believing such a tiny obviously non paranormal anomoly could fool so many people.

if i become a spirit i sure as hell hope i dont become some round dot the size of dust!

For the photo buffs, is the possibility of the chemicals causing this during development worth considering, or does this just not happen (look up to post 46 for details - chemical reaction and dissapation comment.)

Are the rain orbs a similar camera trick to the Roswell Rods?

not sure if developing could cause them, unless you spilt a blob of stuff on them!

these seen to occur more often in digital cameras too

and yeh i wouldnt be suprised if the rods are caused by slow camera speeds as an insect flys in front. until we see high speed footage of them

Edited by jonb

We need a "the best Orb picture" thread.... :st

Edited by primordial

not sure if developing could cause them, unless you spilt a blob of stuff on them!

these seen to occur more often in digital cameras too

and yeh i wouldnt be suprised if the rods are caused by slow camera speeds as an insect flys in front. until we see high speed footage of them

Opps, might have been jumping the gun. The Rods have been proven fake. A guy went and stood in a big patch of active insect, set the shutter speeds and lighting levels as advised to capture "Rods" and hey presto, all the insects became rods when developed. Hundreds of them, producing Rods on demand is quite simple it seems.

Here is one link, there is a thread on them in here with better information. Much better site than the one I provided, although, I thought it was pretty explainitory. Real easy to take "Rod" movies. You can do it with a webcam even :)

Rods Explained

It was something "like spilling a blob' on them that I was getting at, during developing, the film goes into a liquid right? When liquid chemicals meet, chemicals tend to disapte in a circular fashion. Wondering if a blob could attach or settle on the paper causing this circular pattern during developing, the result would be round, and in some cases, could tint, depending one the situation at the time. Just wondering if this is a possiblity.

Of course if one uses a printer, this theory is straight out the window. I honestly think there is a very boring explaination of these things. The light spectrum is the next theory I plan to consider.

I like to work on the process of elimination. Once all possibilities are eliminated, what remains, however improbable, must be true.

I was wondering if anybody has had a good look through old albums to see if they have unitentionally captured any orbs as well.

MMMKAY here we go, as its raining right now i went and did a little test to show how it shows up, with 2 cameras to show how it is picked up with a compact, and the 2nd camera to show the camera taking the photo as it takes the photo... :blink: ... take a look

This is the best evidence I have seen in favour of orbs being photographic anomalies. It was very, very clever of you to think of taking a photo of yourself taking a photo to show what the camera flash is showing at the same time as capturing the anomaly. So clever!

I know a lot of you dont need to be told that this is fact but hey this topic is proof some do.

I look very forward to seeing the dust ones!

This is the best evidence I have seen in favour of orbs being photographic anomalies. It was very, very clever of you to think of taking a photo of yourself taking a photo to show what the camera flash is showing at the same time as capturing the anomaly. So clever!

Also, have a look at the Roswell rods evidence and how they have been debunked. Very interesting information on photgraphic anomolies. I started to fall for it myself!! I finally caught on when I was trying to set a cam up to capture them, while looking for the insructions, I spotted and read the explaination. The explaination is irrefutable. Rods get photgraphed on demand. Even shows bugs 'morphing' into Rods.

Too all in here, Alisa and I have started a Poll over in the Crypto section about spiritual photography.

Here

Have a vote :tu:

thanks elisa glad to hear a true beleiver say that!

and great site psyche, i think you should post a new topic for that,under ufo's.

i saw stuff on tv when i was a bit younger about rods and thought wow they have to be aliens, but thinking about them later its pretty clear that its down to cameras. even though they do look pretty cool

i think developing labs will always use a machine unless its b+w photography or somthing special (of if you do it yourself)

and the negatives tend to be in a sortof box filled with the fixer stuff, and photos tend to be bathed in the developing liquid then dried vertically.

ive had negatives with tiny bits of dust on the machine didnt get rid of, which then showed up on the actual photo which was annoying, could be a reason for some anomolys maybe?

Photo of the rain as seen by a compact with flash on :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/dea...mit/rainey2.jpg

Oh look a streaky one with a tail got in there, spirit? no

take a look at the photo of the camera as it takes the photo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/deathvomit/rainey.jpg

As you can see the droplets of rain are being illuminated pretty well by that bright flash, and are considerably smaller than they are in 1st photo for obvious reasons (distance from lens)

as for the tail i can say for certain that flash units have a fadeout time even though it is tiny and by the looks of it certain size/speed objects can capture this movement,

Another thing that can creat the streaks is the movement of the camera. I mean, if you do not have a tripod and take the pic, when you press the button, you can make a movement on the cam, in this case, move it down a bit.

When taking night shots, the flash timing and the capture timing differs, this can easily creat streaks on the rain orbs and even dust. U can see streaks on you camera too! ;)

I think orbs do exist but I think that they are preety hard to cap or see. Anyway, I still respects Alisa thoughts and beliefs.

Great post Jonb, however, are they going to listen and believe in what you are trying to confirm? No, they will keep on believing that ghosts are orbs in no matter on how countless of times that you explain it to them. It is sad actually, and these kind of beliefs only makes it cloudy for the future of believers of the Supernatural, or simply put, they are bad mentors. :mellow:

Well put.... I agree...... it's very frustrating when all you want to know is the truth...... with definate evidence.

Well put.... I agree...... it's very frustrating when all you want to know is the truth...... with definate evidence.

Ahh, but that is the mystery of it :D Makes life interesting. Might I suggest a good look at how the Rods were debunked, it will give some fascinating, if not at the same time disheartening, viewpoints and facts about photography and the effects of it.

I really thought Rods were a new air creatures :w00t: . I mean fair go, there was photgraphs vidoes all manners of evidence, and the site said it is easy, go out and do it yourself. Also, a lot of old photgraphs showed Rods, going back through photgraph and video archives, hundreds of Rods had been captured on film. It was only when I tried to capture one myself, and looked up intsructions that I was disheartened and had a sharp learning curve on basic photography. :D Very enlightening. And humbling at the same time.

I really thought Rods were a new air creatures :w00t: . I mean fair go, there was photgraphs vidoes all manners of evidence, and the site said it is easy, go out and do it yourself. Also, a lot of old photgraphs showed Rods, going back through photgraph and video archives, hundreds of Rods had been captured on film. It was only when I tried to capture one myself, and looked up intsructions that I was disheartened and had a sharp learning curve on basic photography. :D Very enlightening. And humbling at the same time.

I see your point. :yes: I am impressed that you were so keen to try to experiment for yourself. :tu:

When I first found out about rods, it was before my "metaphysical awakening" (which was 2 years ago, before which, I was a skeptic hoping that something would come along and change my mind that there was more to life than what science alone could offer). I thought rods might be just the thing to prove there was something else that existed outside of the ordinary. Then I read a debunker site where a woman showed fluttering paper that looked just like a rod and my hopes were dashed. Good ole debunkers. ;) Since then I have seen rods debunked as (more probable) insects.

If rods in general are insect blur, and not an intentional paper flutter trick, then before I knew about insect blur, I could have still legitimately believed in rods. My point is that just because a phenomena can be fabricated does not without doubt invalidate the phenomena. For example, just because someone can fake a picture of Nessie, or of a UFO, does not mean that there are no genuine photos of these (in my opinion, that is).

Just food for thought...

I don't know if I totally believe in orbs or not. Here is the explanation on why orbs are created with digital cameras.

http://ghostgadgets.com/_knowledge/orbs.html

Now getting that out of the way. I must say that I have seen on many investigations that when I take a photo of a place and then tell the ghosts that I want to take a picture of them, I get lots of looking dust particle orbs in the next photo. Same place, only maybe at the most a half minute apart. This has happened to me on numerous occasions. Here's an example . .. .

[attachmentid=24427][attachmentid=24428]

I do have a pic of a blue orb that I do believe is a genuine orb. I also have orbs on video from a investigation where it was too cold for bugs so I know that it's not a bug.

At any rate, personally I don't know what to believe. . . I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and see where it leads me . .. ;)

post-3054-1143864571.jpg

post-3054-1143864595.jpg

Now getting that out of the way. I must say that I have seen on many investigations that when I take a photo of a place and then tell the ghosts that I want to take a picture of them, I get lots of looking dust particle orbs in the next photo. Same place, only maybe at the most a half minute apart. This has happened to me on numerous occasions. Here's an example . .. .

[attachmentid=24427][attachmentid=24428]

Your experience seems similar to mine in that I have found a change in the number of orbs before asking for spirits to pose and the number after. Before I invited spirits to appear in my photos I had only a few examples of very faint orbs in about 1/100 photos I had taken. After I invited spirits to appear, I rarely had a photo without orbs. When I ask specifically for something special, I often get an even more spectacular showing.

I appreciate that you have experimented with individual instances having no orbs then asking for them. Great idea. Thanks a lot for your input and example photos. :)

Your experience seems similar to mine in that I have found a change in the number of orbs before asking for spirits to pose and the number after. Before I invited spirits to appear in my photos I had only a few examples of very faint orbs in about 1/100 photos I had taken. After I invited spirits to appear, I rarely had a photo without orbs. When I ask specifically for something special, I often get an even more spectacular showing.

I appreciate that you have experimented with individual instances having no orbs then asking for them. Great idea. Thanks a lot for your input and example photos. :)

What do you say when you ask the orbs to appear? I might actually try it myself and see if there is any luck lol. I mean, it will definitely be a proof to me if orbs appeared after I asked them to.

What do you say when you ask the orbs to appear? I might actually try it myself and see if there is any luck lol. I mean, it will definitely be a proof to me if orbs appeared after I asked them to.

I just say (not without some embarrassment if anyone is around to hear me, mind you :blush: ), "Would anyone like their photo taken?" "I would really appreciate anyone that would like to be seen to show up for my photo, please." Something along these lines. Try to be as sincere as possible. When I am in a fantastic mood, really excited and open to the spirits, with my fear of the unknown well at bay, I capture the best photos. I send out a feeling of my fondness for them (fully believing in their existence and consciousness as I do) thinking all the while how grateful I am.

I really hope you do give it a try. I can't imagine now if I had not one day (not long ago) picked up my camera and thought, hey, I'm just going to ask any spirits if they would please appear for my photos and then followed through. It has been one of the best adventures I've ever had.

I just say (not without some embarrassment if anyone is around to hear me, mind you :blush: ), "Would anyone like their photo taken?" "I would really appreciate anyone that would like to be seen to show up for my photo, please." Something along these lines. Try to be as sincere as possible. When I am in a fantastic mood, really excited and open to the spirits, with my fear of the unknown well at bay, I capture the best photos. I send out a feeling of my fondness for them (fully believing in their existence and consciousness as I do) thinking all the while how grateful I am.

I really hope you do give it a try. I can't imagine now if I had not one day (not long ago) picked up my camera and thought, hey, I'm just going to ask any spirits if they would please appear for my photos and then followed through. It has been one of the best adventures I've ever had.

Oh okay, cheers. :) I will give it a try when I am in the right mood and no one esle is around, just in case they hear me and think I am talking to myself haha. I do hope they will appear, it will be such an experience. ( I'll let you know how I get on.)

Edited by bubs_satansreject

Hi Everyone,

My name is Chris, and I have studied orb phenomena in detail at a very active location for the last 18 months. By choosing one area, it has allowed me to study any kind of re-occuring patterns in orbs and allied phenomena.

I have written an in-depth article on this subject which can be viewed at:

THE SECRET LIFE OF ORBS

I would recommend that you read it, for the sake of repeating myself here.

I have read through the threads, and there has been lots of pictures depicting false orb anamolies which I would agree to be `false orbs`, but not too many arguments that actually support them.

The website incidentally, has lots of video clips representing paranormal activity, and sure enough there are orbs a`plenty. I have prepared a video follow up which shows what I consider to be the `real Mc Coy`, and these can be viewed at:

Orb Video

It`s good to be sceptical, but to close yourself down completely from accepting the possibility that they might actually be real - despite dust etc, is not very enlightening.

Anyway, thanks for reading these scribblings! :-)

Chris

Webmaster: Haunted Earth UK

Edited by Haunted-Earth

Hi Everyone,

My name is Chris, and I have studied orb phenomena in detail at a very active location for the last 18 months. By choosing one area, it has allowed me to study any kind of re-occuring patterns in orbs and allied phenomena.

:w00t: Thanks for joining the discussion, Chris! I have seen your site and read your articles before and was relieved to find detailed information on orbs from someone so experienced in paranormal investigations.

The website incidentally, has lots of video clips representing paranormal activity, and sure enough there are orbs a`plenty. I have prepared a video follow up which shows what I consider to be the `real Mc Coy`, and these can be viewed at:

Orb Video

Wow, I thought that footage was amazing! Orbs look different on video to photographs it seems. In photos they look so colorful while in the videos I have seen they look like white light.

I am also intrigued with your ability to create orbs through meditation. Can you see the orbs with your eyes during this process, or only via the camera?

I am going to continue exploring your site and view the pics and videos. Thank you very much for your valuable input on this topic! :tu: