Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orbs Are Spirits (my evidence)

Alisa

Well, I must be taking pictures in a lot of haunted places because I get a lot of orbs and crazy glowing things. I've never thought any of them were anything paranormal.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alisa

• jonb

• NME_locus

• Haunted-Earth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I must be taking pictures in a lot of haunted places because I get a lot of orbs and crazy glowing things. I've never thought any of them were anything paranormal.

Can you post any of these?

I speak only for my own beliefs, but I strongly do believe that reality is multi-dimensional and teeming with life, so it is everywhere. I further believe that certain circumstances makes the activity more visible or stronger, which makes a place "active" or "haunted", though a level of activity is absolutely everywhere all the time. I also like to point out that if orbs of all sorts represent animal life, human life, and possibly some other form(s) of life, and billions of creatures have lived and died on this planet, that makes for a lot of orbs and/or spirit beings.

While not all anomalies on film are going to be of a paranormal nature, I feel there is an erroneous belief that paranormal events need to be rare and spectacular to exist, or that it takes someone "special" to capture, see or interact with the paranormal. I think if you desire to understand the spiritual, and you seek it, you will find it rather easily. :)

Wow, I thought that footage was amazing! Orbs look different on video to photographs it seems. In photos they look so colorful while in the videos I have seen they look like white light.

Nothing mysterious or meaningful here, the two sets of images are being recorded using different wavelengths of light - visible and invisible to the naked eye. Why is is necessary to shoot all of these 'psychic' or 'ghost-hunting' videos using night-shoot mode with its IR illumination?

With all respect to Chris and his team, the linked article and associated evidence no more prove 'real orbs' than others on this thread who explain orbs as mundane. BTW this is not 'debunking' as some have referred to here - rational and objective analysis based on evidence amassed over a decade or more is not debunking.

Nothing mysterious or meaningful here, the two sets of images are being recorded using different wavelengths of light - visible and invisible to the naked eye. Why is is necessary to shoot all of these 'psychic' or 'ghost-hunting' videos using night-shoot mode with its IR illumination?

With all respect to Chris and his team, the linked article and associated evidence no more prove 'real orbs' than others on this thread who explain orbs as mundane. BTW this is not 'debunking' as some have referred to here - rational and objective analysis based on evidence amassed over a decade or more is not debunking.

Hi Shadow Wolf,

I`m not sure what you are saying here, so please don`t think I am being sarcastic when I say that we use IR illumination simply because that without it, we wouldn`t actually record anything other than darkness. Thermal Imaging will be our next purchase to help add more information to our observations.

I can`t actually agree that the video evidence is mundane, nor is it easily explainable. The first video clip illustrates that point quite well. It all rather depends on your own personal views, and if you are sceptical, you would rather prefer to be there when it was recorded to satisfy that scepticism. It`s good to be sceptical, I am hoping that through further research I may alleviate some of that doubt.

It`s interesting, I have seen orbs explained purely as a form of ball lightning, aliens, ufo`s, or blaming the American government on the pretext that orbs are part of some secret research project. The usual suspects are always, dust, insects, fibre, rain, humidity, forgery, or dust inside the lens. We aren`t purely an orb research group, but orbs have a commonality that needs to be addressed without finding that some other `logical` explanation will do.

Apart from the `orbs`, we have recorded some very good EVP, which unlike some that I have heard, is actually audiably clear. However, I can also respect the sceptic viewpoint that unless the `hearer` was there at the time it too could be either artificially created, or was caused through some other explainable reason. A bit of a catch 22 situation perhaps?

Anyway, I am happy with what we have thus so far discovered, and fingers crossed, we might continue to make new discoveries or observations.

Chris

Edited by Haunted-Earth

Hi Shadow Wolf,

I`m not sure what you are saying here, so please don`t think I am being sarcastic when I say that we use IR illumination simply because that without it, we wouldn`t actually record anything other than darkness. Thermal Imaging will be our next purchase to help add more information to our observations.

I can`t actually agree that the video evidence is mundane, nor is it easily explainable. The first video clip illustrates that point quite well. It all rather depends on your own personal views, and if you are sceptical, you would rather prefer to be there when it was recorded to satisfy that scepticism. It`s good to be sceptical, I am hoping that through further research I may alleviate some of that doubt.

It`s interesting, I have seen orbs explained purely as a form of ball lightning, aliens, ufo`s, or blaming the American government on the pretext that orbs are part of some secret research project. The usual suspects are always, dust, insects, fibre, rain, humidity, forgery, or dust inside the lens. We aren`t purely an orb research group, but orbs have a commonality that needs to be addressed without finding that some other `logical` explanation will do.

Apart from the `orbs`, we have recorded some very good EVP, which unlike some that I have heard, is actually audiably clear. However, I can also respect the sceptic viewpoint that unless the `hearer` was there at the time it too could be either artificially created, or was caused through some other explainable reason. A bit of a catch 22 situation perhaps?

Anyway, I am happy with what we have thus so far discovered, and fingers crossed, we might continue to make new discoveries or observations.

Chris

Thx, Chris

I should emphaise that I am certainly not skeptical to the possibility of spirit (after 40+ years of many and varied paranormal experiences I'm no skeptic!); but I am skeptical to the quantity of data that is being misinterpreted as evidence. In 14 years I have taken in excess of 50,000 analog and digital images trying to capture or replicate these type of orb images since they first came to prominence in the UK in association with crop circles in 1993. Out of those 50,000 images I've ended up with around 20 that are not mundane, and which warrant more study - whats that @ 0.04%? The most anomalous images I ever recorded did come when I'd decided there was nothing to the mystery; but the Cosmic Joker effect didn't produce orb images to answer my 'opinion'.

Thx for confirming my interpretation of why you (and others) use night-shot mode and IR illumination; although this still raises more questions than answers. Why does 'spirit' - or whatever is being captured on such footage - only exist or emit in IR wavelengths(IR isn't the same as heat, so I'm not sure TI will necessarily correlate)? To correlate the same 'orb' between video and still you'd need to be using either IR film or a modified digicam capable of capturing near IR ("NIR") - the vast majority of digital cameras deliberately filter-out NIR. A good reference site is here - one day I'll get round to really playing with this digital IR.

I would agree that not all such images are the effects of particulates, but equally not all orbs are spirit; I'd estimate that 1% or less of images truly depict something anomalous or paranormal - but these are the 1% that warrant the further study.

BrianJ

Can you post any of these?

I speak only for my own beliefs, but I strongly do believe that reality is multi-dimensional and teeming with life, so it is everywhere. I further believe that certain circumstances makes the activity more visible or stronger, which makes a place "active" or "haunted", though a level of activity is absolutely everywhere all the time. I also like to point out that if orbs of all sorts represent animal life, human life, and possibly some other form(s) of life, and billions of creatures have lived and died on this planet, that makes for a lot of orbs and/or spirit beings.

While not all anomalies on film are going to be of a paranormal nature, I feel there is an erroneous belief that paranormal events need to be rare and spectacular to exist, or that it takes someone "special" to capture, see or interact with the paranormal. I think if you desire to understand the spiritual, and you seek it, you will find it rather easily. :)

Hey, loving that post. You have written great points. Very interesting. :tu:

Edited by bubs_satansreject

Hey, loving that post. You have written great points. Very interesting. :tu:

Thanks a lot, Bubs. :):)

It has been fascinating to me to read the input from experts such as you guys, Shadow Wolf and Chris. With the tens of thousands of photos you have taken, and the 10+ years of experience with studying the paranormal, I just want to ask you Shadow Wolf, how do you determine the difference between an orb and particulate?

What I mean is what is your reasoning to think that only 4% of your photos are possible true spirit orbs. For example, I reason that the orbs I have captured are orbs because of the strong coincidence that they begin appearing when I asked any entities to appear for my photos. Also because they move in divergent directions which I feel is depicted in a handful of incidents where I took consecutive photos that show movement. Because I see faces in them. Because they have smiled at me before. Because I received the information that they are souls while I was in an altered state of consiousness. It's not proof to others, but it is the reason I believe as I do and I just wonder what your reasons are because I am genuinely interested. :)

Oh, and here is a very tiny orb, that I enlarged and strongly contrasted, that I know was smiling at me...

user posted image

And one of my first orb captures, who also smiled...

user posted image

And another amongst the first orbs (maybe smiling because I would say the classic phrase "Smile" before snapping the photo back when I began my adventure)...

user posted image

i can say for definate the first video on the site posted by haunted-earth is a spidersweb, with either an insect or a glob of stuff stuck on it,

not a full spiders web but what looks like a single strand..

if you look at the video again you can see a faint line on the top and the bottom of the main bit, would also explain why when he walks toward it it goes past him.

any video shot with night vision or any kind of direct light source will no doubt reflect anything in front of the lens like this, insects, some dust etc.

what should be used instead of this type of illumination is, if it exists that is.. like an infra red lightbulb or a way to light up a room completely, without it being directly mounted on the camera.. if not that, then an external source of ir light, mounted away from the lens, like how the external flashguns on slr cameras are..

also when using photography to take spirit photos, Doooonnnnttttttttttt use a small compact camera, because they all suffer the same problem, the flash being wayy to close to the lens, creating direct reflections from dust bugs etc.

Use a digital slr (expensive but worth it) or a d-slr type of camera. And buy a flashgun, so that the flash will sit way above the camera, and because of the size of most slr lens' and the angle of the flash you shouldnt get so much dammn orb rubbish.

try it, then wonder why you dont get orbs anymore.

would you expect to see these anomolys on professional photos? say you hired a photographer for a wedding you wouldnt accept these things on the photos, because they are using quality equipment, not some compact digi camera.

Thx, Chris

I should emphaise that I am certainly not skeptical to the possibility of spirit (after 40+ years of many and varied paranormal experiences I'm no skeptic!); but I am skeptical to the quantity of data that is being misinterpreted as evidence. In 14 years I have taken in excess of 50,000 analog and digital images trying to capture or replicate these type of orb images since they first came to prominence in the UK in association with crop circles in 1993. Out of those 50,000 images I've ended up with around 20 that are not mundane, and which warrant more study - whats that @ 0.04%? The most anomalous images I ever recorded did come when I'd decided there was nothing to the mystery; but the Cosmic Joker effect didn't produce orb images to answer my 'opinion'.

Thx for confirming my interpretation of why you (and others) use night-shot mode and IR illumination; although this still raises more questions than answers. Why does 'spirit' - or whatever is being captured on such footage - only exist or emit in IR wavelengths(IR isn't the same as heat, so I'm not sure TI will necessarily correlate)? To correlate the same 'orb' between video and still you'd need to be using either IR film or a modified digicam capable of capturing near IR ("NIR") - the vast majority of digital cameras deliberately filter-out NIR. A good reference site is here - one day I'll get round to really playing with this digital IR.

I would agree that not all such images are the effects of particulates, but equally not all orbs are spirit; I'd estimate that 1% or less of images truly depict something anomalous or paranormal - but these are the 1% that warrant the further study.

BrianJ

Hi Brian,

The whole problem with orbs isn`t so much the `orb`, but how individuals assess and document their own experiments, and under what conditions they carried out these investigations.

Having scanned the web, there are many who say that the majority of `orb` occurances are rationally explained against the smaller percentage of those they regard to be genuine.

I`m sure nobody uses a time honoured scientific criteria, and that everyone`s estimations must therefore vary.

The question to those that have carried out their own evaluation is simply this. What would you define as an orb, and what wouldn`t you?

I would suggest that the approach is more subjective rather than objective with many investigators throughout the world.

Alisa has raised a similar concern, as I feel many choose from their own personal beliefs as to what they would personally define as an orb.

That isn`t a criticism but more of concern as everybody I speak to seem to have their own rules. I`m not suggesting that you perform in this way as I am certain that after so many years you must have a firm guide to work to.

With regard to thermal imaging and spiritual activity. From my own experiences of using laser thermometers into active spots, there is often a sharp drop in room temperature. There has been one occasion where the temperature went up, but I suspect other reasons for this. The T.I can translate that colder air into a visual colour scan that will show the exact parameters of this anomaly, and thus corroborating the orb as possibly genuine.

Are you still active on investigations?

Chris

i can say for definate the first video on the site posted by haunted-earth is a spidersweb, with either an insect or a glob of stuff stuck on it,

not a full spiders web but what looks like a single strand..

if you look at the video again you can see a faint line on the top and the bottom of the main bit, would also explain why when he walks toward it it goes past him.

any video shot with night vision or any kind of direct light source will no doubt reflect anything in front of the lens like this, insects, some dust etc.

what should be used instead of this type of illumination is, if it exists that is.. like an infra red lightbulb or a way to light up a room completely, without it being directly mounted on the camera.. if not that, then an external source of ir light, mounted away from the lens, like how the external flashguns on slr cameras are..

also when using photography to take spirit photos, Doooonnnnttttttttttt use a small compact camera, because they all suffer the same problem, the flash being wayy to close to the lens, creating direct reflections from dust bugs etc.

Use a digital slr (expensive but worth it) or a d-slr type of camera. And buy a flashgun, so that the flash will sit way above the camera, and because of the size of most slr lens' and the angle of the flash you shouldnt get so much dammn orb rubbish.

try it, then wonder why you dont get orbs anymore.

would you expect to see these anomolys on professional photos? say you hired a photographer for a wedding you wouldnt accept these things on the photos, because they are using quality equipment, not some compact digi camera.

Well JonB,

Thanks for your observations, and your opinion. I hadn`t thought of a spiders web with something stuck to it. That`s really quite amazing. How does the web manage to flash in and out of view, and actually move on it`s own accord?

We now use detached IR lights which run from a box separate to the cameras and this as you say does fully illuminate the rooms we film in. But do you know what? We still keep getting this `orb rubbish` on camera.

You should come along sometime. I`m pretty certain that the view in real life is quite different.

Chris

I don't know if I totally believe in orbs or not. Here is the explanation on why orbs are created with digital cameras.

http://ghostgadgets.com/_knowledge/orbs.html

Now getting that out of the way. I must say that I have seen on many investigations that when I take a photo of a place and then tell the ghosts that I want to take a picture of them, I get lots of looking dust particle orbs in the next photo. Same place, only maybe at the most a half minute apart. This has happened to me on numerous occasions. Here's an example . .. .

[attachmentid=24427][attachmentid=24428]

I do have a pic of a blue orb that I do believe is a genuine orb. I also have orbs on video from a investigation where it was too cold for bugs so I know that it's not a bug.

At any rate, personally I don't know what to believe. . . I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and see where it leads me . .. ;)

Thats interesting. I like the link too.

If possible, please, post your blue orb, I would love to see it.

Cya! ^_^

oh look, a horse with an orb :blush::hmm:

I don't know if you are poking fun about this orb or not, but I love this photo! When I looked at the enlargement, I saw features within the orb that suggested a colt or a tall thin dog.

Did you take this photo?

As we seem to have a couple photography aficionado's in here I have a question you may be able to help me with, when chemicals are mixed, the reaction generally causes a circular pattern. Could (some of) these orbs be produced at development time?

It's very frequent in develpoment that you'll get these circular patterns in errors. Purple or brown stains on the negative are usually caused by particles of developer that have precipitated onto the film base or emulsion during development. This error is caused by inadequate mixing of the developer solution during preparation, leaving a substantial amount of undissolved chemical. These can sometimes be defined as orbs at first glance. <_< It's quite annoying when looking for something that could be defined as an orb them to have it be a developmental problem.

I don't know if you are poking fun about this orb or not, but I love this photo! When I looked at the enlargement, I saw features within the orb that suggested a colt or a tall thin dog.

Did you take this photo?

yes, i took it. but I don't believe in orbs - spirits

It`s good to be sceptical, but to close yourself down completely from accepting the possibility that they might actually be real - despite dust etc, is not very enlightening.

Anyway, thanks for reading these scribblings! :-)

Chris

Webmaster: Haunted Earth UK

Chris,

I don't think anyone is "closing themselves down", but I believe most of us once believe in orbs and have done enough research to have our own opinions. If you say that we should except the possibilities they do exist, then you need to except the possibilities they do not exist. Open minded-ness also means to except the logical aspect that they are not real.

I have spent nearly $14,000 USD in equipment to experiment on paranormal researching.

Explain this then, how come none of my 3 EMF meters even glitch or spike? How come no cold or hot spots. What then? Are EMF meters not good enough anymore all of the sudden?

In the first paragraph, you just basically debunked yourself. IF, you are using IR, then the process in which the device inside IR is actually making orbs, proving that orbs are not real. If they were real orbs, then they should produce their own light source for anomalies. The device inside the IR devices that produces these orbs is called the "PHOTOCATHODE".

Also, regarding you saying you will be buying thermal imaging equipment, some of our UM members already utiize them. Cheap ones are $10,000.... but they are cheap pieces of crap..... good ones that really work good range around $17,000.00 - $20,000.00 USD.

Regarding EVP's, they must be put through a noise filter to confirm weather the hertz is above or below 300. That determines the intensity and range of the source of noise.

Here's a free download: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Here's an article...well thread I pulled up to read.... might help....

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...topic=60506&hl=

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...topic=58256&hl=

My equipment:

Bought all the gear:

*-I'm friends with a few Lead Paranoral Investigators, learned all that I can, know the basics.

*-Bought another car just for this and to travel elsewhere to go ghost hunting. Lexus ES300

* -New bike and bike rack to go venture to places not accessible by car and too far to walk, plus no civilization nearby.

* -I also have an endless amount of camping gear plus cookers and holding 12 people at a time is neccessary.

* 9 Motorola Walk about walkie talkies with 8-10 range each for larger groups to cover massive areas in teams

*Garmin-eTrex Legend handheld GPS unit with Road map. I can find a penny I buried in the woods from last year if i save the cordinates and also shows me the quickest route to it. Good enough for GeoCashing.

* -Digital camera 4.0 megapixels with digital video recording capabilities and two 512mb memory cards. I can do plenty of 10 minute clips with audio and can display everything from my camera directly to any TV screen, VCR or Computer.

*-35mm Nikon camera-don't know the model off top of my head, I'm at work. So I can provide any negatives anmd cannot be photoshopped.

*-Q-beams- incase there is movement, I can momentarily flood the area with 1 million candle light power

*-red lense 72 hour LED flashlites- so to stay at a low profile, does not create a glare, and doesn't effect nor is capture by Night Vision, which is too sensitive to white light

*- NVD ( night vision devices ) optics, motion sensing security cameras with night vision, and daytime w/ auto adjustment.

*-IR beams- to broadon my range of night vision devices, and when strobe, fast movement object can be detected better too. To the naked eye, it is invisible, but record in NV mode, and use any house hold remote to it, and you will notice that your TV remote works as a flashlite on the display screen.

* -EMF meter by Professional equipment

* -EMF meter by AlphaLab Trifield Natural EM Meter

*-Digital Voice Recorder for EVPs

*-Microwave meter

* - Cooper-Atkins Multi Probe Humidity and Temperature Tester- testing humidity is good to prevent taking pictures of orbs that are nothing more than water droplets.

Edited by NME_locus

great post nme glad to see more people who know their stuff.

exactly right about how orbs if they are spiritual energy they should produce their own light source, and not need ir or a flash unit for them to show up.

they are after all supposed to be ghosts

why would they only appear centimetres from the lens of the camera?

you need a manual focus camcorder, and when you spot what you think to be an orb, focus on the closest point possible, and see what it really is

great post nme glad to see more people who know their stuff.

exactly right about how orbs if they are spiritual energy they should produce their own light source, and not need ir or a flash unit for them to show up.

they are after all supposed to be ghosts

why would they only appear centimetres from the lens of the camera?

you need a manual focus camcorder, and when you spot what you think to be an orb, focus on the closest point possible, and see what it really is

Ehehe, I posted something like this in this thread before.

In the first paragraph, you just basically debunked yourself. IF, you are using IR, then the process in which the device inside IR is actually making orbs, proving that orbs are not real. If they were real orbs, then they should produce their own light source for anomalies. The device inside the IR devices that produces these orbs is called the "PHOTOCATHODE".

Also, regarding you saying you will be buying thermal imaging equipment, some of our UM members already utiize them. Cheap ones are $10,000.... but they are cheap pieces of crap..... good ones that really work good range around $17,000.00 - $20,000.00 USD.

Regarding EVP's, they must be put through a noise filter to confirm weather the hertz is above or below 300. That determines the intensity and range of the source of noise.

Here's a free download: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Here's an article...well thread I pulled up to read.... might help....

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...topic=60506&hl=

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...topic=58256&hl=

My equipment:

Bought all the gear:

*-I'm friends with a few Lead Paranoral Investigators, learned all that I can, know the basics.

*-Bought another car just for this and to travel elsewhere to go ghost hunting. Lexus ES300

* -New bike and bike rack to go venture to places not accessible by car and too far to walk, plus no civilization nearby.

* -I also have an endless amount of camping gear plus cookers and holding 12 people at a time is neccessary.

* 9 Motorola Walk about walkie talkies with 8-10 range each for larger groups to cover massive areas in teams

*Garmin-eTrex Legend handheld GPS unit with Road map. I can find a penny I buried in the woods from last year if i save the cordinates and also shows me the quickest route to it. Good enough for GeoCashing.

* -Digital camera 4.0 megapixels with digital video recording capabilities and two 512mb memory cards. I can do plenty of 10 minute clips with audio and can display everything from my camera directly to any TV screen, VCR or Computer.

*-35mm Nikon camera-don't know the model off top of my head, I'm at work. So I can provide any negatives anmd cannot be photoshopped.

*-Q-beams- incase there is movement, I can momentarily flood the area with 1 million candle light power

*-red lense 72 hour LED flashlites- so to stay at a low profile, does not create a glare, and doesn't effect nor is capture by Night Vision, which is too sensitive to white light

*- NVD ( night vision devices ) optics, motion sensing security cameras with night vision, and daytime w/ auto adjustment.

*-IR beams- to broadon my range of night vision devices, and when strobe, fast movement object can be detected better too. To the naked eye, it is invisible, but record in NV mode, and use any house hold remote to it, and you will notice that your TV remote works as a flashlite on the display screen.

* -EMF meter by Professional equipment

* -EMF meter by AlphaLab Trifield Natural EM Meter

*-Digital Voice Recorder for EVPs

*-Microwave meter

* - Cooper-Atkins Multi Probe Humidity and Temperature Tester- testing humidity is good to prevent taking pictures of orbs that are nothing more than water droplets.

Hi NME

I`m sorry but I think I have upset you, this was not intentional. Regarding EMF meters, I have never held great store by them. They have a habit of picking up normal power sources - hidden wires etc. However, we have the use of them for those that feel they need it.

I`m very impressed with your array of equipment, and do not for one moment doubt your commitment to paranormal research.

However, I will stand by what I say because this is what I have experienced and the info posted on the website is as a result of it.

I don`t accept every picture of orbs that I see as `orbs`. Had one sent today with thousands of them in the sky. Unfortunately there was a huge log fire burning in the background, this created smuts, and smuts created orbs.

Can`t agree that IR cameras artificially create orbs persae. Infra Red can create orbs as in dust, fibre etc, but equally real orbs can be captured on these devices.

Having tons of equipment doesn`t make your detection of this phenomena any better than those that don`t. It`s how you use and interpret the data.

I can through a digital camera create orbs, balls of orange light, and clouds of dark mist. I do this by meditating and chanelling. Okay, I appreciate that this is hard to believe but I can do it and photograph it too. Check out my conservatory pictures on the website. There are loads there, and all created by me. No cheap gimmicks but purely through the energy of thought. If these pics are fakes or easily explainable please tell me.

Here is the link.

ORBS I HAVE GENERATED

I am I hasten to add a medium. I can see orbs through natural sight as lumps of grey `ether`, and I photograph what I see. I can even see the outlines of people in this stuff, and I can communicate with these entities. I can walk into a room and know where they are, and I can `feel` them. I use this information together with photo`s or video to validate them. I also pick up hot and cold spots, and within them there is always activity.

If you haven`t that gift, I understand that much of what I do is unbelievable, but that`s the way it is. I am not religious, nor have I had mental traumas. I spent 28 years as a cop, and I can be more critical of what I do more so than anyone can to me.

Neither am I a fool or deluded. I actually live in a very active house, and see activity around me most of the time. In my house there is a little girl, a cat, a dog, and a lady that visits in spirit. I have had many other mediums brought `blind` to the house who have all arrived at the same conclusions as me. Are we all deluded?

There are umpteen `scientific` links on the web that all debunk orbs in some form or another. Yet these authoritive sites actually contradict themselves on occasions. To reiterate, yes I know that orbs can be attributed to natural phenomena, but many others can`t.

Chris

Chris

take those photos again without flash. tadaa no more orbs :)

this is somthing i posted on another section, when you take your photos again and you get orbs, look over the top of the camera so you get a view similar to this, (might be hard during meditation..)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/dea...it/DSC_0476.jpg

if you see stuff being lit up like that then there is your answer

take those photos again without flash. tadaa no more orbs :)

this is somthing i posted on another section, when you take your photos again and you get orbs, look over the top of the camera so you get a view similar to this, (might be hard during meditation..)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/dea...it/DSC_0476.jpg

if you see stuff being lit up like that then there is your answer

Hi JonB,

Having seen the dust in your picture I think a good old fashioned carpet cleaner might be your answer! lol

Chris

I believe that most orbs captured on film are spirits/entities (aside from fingers in front of camera, purposeful dust, some drops of rain, insects, etc.). I have had limited, but definite communication with some of the spirits that have shown themselves in orb form in my photos. So I have to give Chris a bit of back up.

Chris impresses me as very credible on many levels. I think the fact that he is a medium, as well as the fact that he was a cop, and that he also pursues and considers the scientific side of the orb phenomenon (via all of his equipment and analysis) is an intriguing balance that lends him lots of credibility. He puts his material out there for scrutiny and for anyone else to learn from and enjoy. He seems to charge no money and is coming from an angle of personal interest.

I admittedly cannot argue about the cameras and related quipment, as it is well out of my area of interest. But I appreciate the opinions from those of you in the know. Jonb's experiment showing the rain lit up really did challenge my beliefs in some of my "rocket" orb photos, and I have to give him that credit. I still think his photo it is an important piece of evidence to consider. But, as I said, I have had communication with the orbs and I have a "knowing" within me as well that they are beings. And while it is belief and not proof, once you believe and know, proof seems irrelevant one way or the other. At least that's how it is for me anyway. I spent much of my life reading about the paranormal and hoping to find evidence of the spirit world, but it was only when I came at it from a different angle--choosing to accept it as truth first, did it all open up and present itself to me as knowledge rather than evidence.

Anyway, good on ya, Chris! :tu: I appreciate you sharing your findings and I believe in you 100%. :yes:

Hi JonB,

Having seen the dust in your picture I think a good old fashioned carpet cleaner might be your answer! lol

Chris

haha yeah i shook off a very dirty jumper, just to show how dust looks at the moment of flash in the lens (btw lots of false orbs on the actual cameras picture

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/dea...it/P1010001.jpg

From this photo for those who missed it:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v450/dea...nt=DSC_0476.jpg

and even some with the guts stuff inside, so there you go!

(I believe the guts effect and any black bits inside the orb are due to the plastic cover of the flash unit, possibly something covering it like moisture or a smeary mark, i know that black dots are things on the cover anyway)

i could also recomend a duster buster for your house !

Edited by jonb