Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orbs Are Spirits (my evidence)

Alisa

here is one i took last night, i felt it was a good time to catch something, so seeing the camera on the table i grabbed it an took a few pics,

i caught it right away ,

bright and in the middle of the room, by second shot its less visible an seems to be heading out somewhere, by third shot its gone. and

i literally took 15 shots afterwards they were clean with no orbs or anything , i wanted to be thorough so thats why i took so many afterwards.

my camera is a canon powershot A720 with image stablizer, and a clean lens

While it is possible that your orbs are paranormal in nature, your reasons why they are are not valid.

Dust flies across a room, so movement doesn't definately make

it a spirit. Since dust is moving, it disappearing doesn't make it a spirit.

IMO, the reason there is so much debate over orb pictures and whether they are ghosts or not is because it is possible to get an "orb" that

is caused by dust, water, or reflections. If there is a possiblity that the orb can be recreated by taking a picture of rain, or dust, then it can't

be used as definate proof of ghost activity. Dust is everywhere, even in the cleanest house.

Dust is just another name for particles that float in the air, it can be dead skin cells that we shed on a daily basis, the

powder you used after your shower, the dander your pet shed.

Unless you are the picture taker, you don't know exactly what was happening at the time of the pic, what was seen, what was felt.

Other people look at our pictures and say what they see, and most orb pictures look like dust or water.

So, all we can do is rely on what we felt or saw when the pic was taken and believe we have spirits in orb form, but we can't really expect to

convince others that they are spirits.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alisa

• jonb

• NME_locus

• Haunted-Earth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, if a person were to see an orb without a camera, in the middle of the room, they could argue its ball lighting, swamp gas, or other phenomenons to actually even say a glowing ball you see blantly in the middle of the room is even a ghost is subject to interpretation, an theres not really a right answer. some pictures of orbs might be alot of things, but thats why we post them an compare them to get answers, i dont see anything silly in this, i for one have really seen a orb before, though it didnt look like what it does in the pictures it was bigger an brighter, but whats to say what is caught only by camera isnt a bit of energy? i mean everythings made of energy, it doesnt sound crazy to me. we will just have to keep compareing an posting til we have the answer. some might be dust some might be orbs, but lets try to find the diffrences instead of making fun, when there is an answer it will be no thanks to you lol

So what about this one? I knew all of you were waiting for my orb pics LOL. I saw it with the naked eye prior to shooting.JN :P

post-53813-1216762241_thumb.jpg

While it is possible that your orbs are paranormal in nature, your reasons why they are are not valid.

Dust flies across a room, so movement doesn't definately make

it a spirit. Since dust is moving, it disappearing doesn't make it a spirit.

IMO, the reason there is so much debate over orb pictures and whether they are ghosts or not is because it is possible to get an "orb" that

is caused by dust, water, or reflections. If there is a possiblity that the orb can be recreated by taking a picture of rain, or dust, then it can't

be used as definate proof of ghost activity. Dust is everywhere, even in the cleanest house.

Dust is just another name for particles that float in the air, it can be dead skin cells that we shed on a daily basis, the

powder you used after your shower, the dander your pet shed.

Unless you are the picture taker, you don't know exactly what was happening at the time of the pic, what was seen, what was felt.

Other people look at our pictures and say what they see, and most orb pictures look like dust or water.

So, all we can do is rely on what we felt or saw when the pic was taken and believe we have spirits in orb form, but we can't really expect to

convince others that they are spirits.

SOL, that was an awesome reply. I go by the most likely to be scenario and since we know that dust, dander, moisture, pollen etc, can create these "orbs" in digital photography, then what we see in these photos is most likely dust, dander, moisture, pollen etc. Until somone can prove to me that spirits CAN cause these blobbies on digital camera, I'm ok with believing the above. I still believe the paranormal.

well, if a person were to see an orb without a camera, in the middle of the room, they could argue its ball lighting, swamp gas, or other phenomenons to actually even say a glowing ball you see blantly in the middle of the room is even a ghost is subject to interpretation, an theres not really a right answer. some pictures of orbs might be alot of things, but thats why we post them an compare them to get answers, i dont see anything silly in this, i for one have really seen a orb before, though it didnt look like what it does in the pictures it was bigger an brighter, but whats to say what is caught only by camera isnt a bit of energy? i mean everythings made of energy, it doesnt sound crazy to me. we will just have to keep compareing an posting til we have the answer. some might be dust some might be orbs, but lets try to find the diffrences instead of making fun, when there is an answer it will be no thanks to you lol

Agreed with your first comment about a ball of light in the middle of one's room. It is difficult to ascertain what indeed it could be, which is why I would investigate further... have there been other inexplainable occurrences, how many witnesses, etc. But, by your own reasoning, then, orbs in photography isn't good enough evidence of ghosts, is it?

No one called you silly, at least I don't think they did. I think people are simply done to death with orb photography as many of us here have already done extensive research of our own, and have examined millions of photographs and have come to our own conclusions, so that when a fresh faced enthusiast comes along, we all kind of go, "oh no, here we go again", KNOWING that the fresh faced enthusiast is going to insist that their "orb" photographs are something special. I don't mean offense by fresh faced; this is a good thing, because who knows, you could be bringing something new to the table, but I looked, and sorry, it is not new.

Perhaps and I mean this kindly, you can review your reasoning for your insistence on why your photographed "orbs" could be of paranormal nature. You asked "whats to say what is caught only by camera isnt a bit of energy?" We've stated the above reasons; the biggest for me being likelihood and probability that it is dust or dander. There is more probability of that than there is that it is paranormal.

As far as this being no thanks to you, I guess you mean all those who groaned over your photos. Well I know a lot of these folks from UM to be those who have also compared, investigated and researched their own and have come to these same conclusions of mine. So if anything is discovered regarding "orbs" in photography, it is indeed thanks, in part, to them.

And Primordial can you please shrink your picture!! :P

well, i see where the older more experienced people of the site might be done and out with orb photos, but the site also has alot of people still in the midst of thier personal research, so you guys will have to keep patience i guess with the ones who havent "seen it all" yet =) ,as far as seeing an orb with other witnesses, only once, many years ago 4 people seen one at the same time, which sent us all running out of the house, seeing orbs for me is sparse, i seen one like 3 months ago, but before that was like 10 years, its not like i see them all the time. i just have the weirdest feelings in this new house, an these orb photos which i havent had in any other hosue makes me try to see if theres something there thats all. an when i said the no thanks to you guys, was light hearted an was meant jokingly :)

well, i see where the older more experienced people of the site might be done and out with orb photos, but the site also has alot of people still in the midst of thier personal research, so you guys will have to keep patience i guess with the ones who havent "seen it all" yet =) ,as far as seeing an orb with other witnesses, only once, many years ago 4 people seen one at the same time, which sent us all running out of the house, seeing orbs for me is sparse, i seen one like 3 months ago, but before that was like 10 years, its not like i see them all the time. i just have the weirdest feelings in this new house, an these orb photos which i havent had in any other hosue makes me try to see if theres something there thats all. an when i said the no thanks to you guys, was light hearted an was meant jokingly :)

Awesome, thanks for your receptive response to my post. I was a bit concerned you'd take it the wrong way. Yes, we do have to learn to be patient with newbs. For sure. I also do believe that we can learn from "new eyes".

What are you experiencing in your house? What kind of weird feelings? How old is your home and how long have you been there? While a house doesn't need to be old to "house" a haunting, I do believe that the more people who have lived there, the more chance of "energy build-up".

I would start by keeping a diary, even of your "weird" feelings. There may be a pattern to them, and even if not, it can help you see things that you might not necessarily notice. Keep a record of time, date, where you were and what you were doing, all people present in the house and all witnesses.

If you feel there is reasonable cause for further investigation you could always take a normal shoebox recorder, new tape and have a go at recording things. I don't put a lot of faith into digital photography. Especially the compact cheapos that we all use on a daily basis. Not for collecting evidence, anyway.

I hope that helps a bit, you didn't ask for suggestions, I know, but you did hint that you were a bit fresh to the field and I was just kind of telling you what I'd do in the situation.

So what about this one? I knew all of you were waiting for my orb pics LOL. I saw it with the naked eye prior to shooting.JN :P

You have to admit that looks way different then the ones that are obviously dust/pollen/moisture. If you did see it with the naked eye, and photographed it, I don't know what it is. I would not presume to say it is a ghost though. There's lots about physics we may not understand. Whatever your interpretation or mine is, it's just our personal beliefs.

I actually photographed something that looks just like this a few years ago, and didn't know what it is. But I don't want to post it because it was on my husband's head, lol, as stupid as that sounds.

Awesome, thanks for your receptive response to my post. I was a bit concerned you'd take it the wrong way. Yes, we do have to learn to be patient with newbs. For sure. I also do believe that we can learn from "new eyes".

What are you experiencing in your house? What kind of weird feelings? How old is your home and how long have you been there? While a house doesn't need to be old to "house" a haunting, I do believe that the more people who have lived there, the more chance of "energy build-up".

I would start by keeping a diary, even of your "weird" feelings. There may be a pattern to them, and even if not, it can help you see things that you might not necessarily notice. Keep a record of time, date, where you were and what you were doing, all people present in the house and all witnesses.

If you feel there is reasonable cause for further investigation you could always take a normal shoebox recorder, new tape and have a go at recording things. I don't put a lot of faith into digital photography. Especially the compact cheapos that we all use on a daily basis. Not for collecting evidence, anyway.

I hope that helps a bit, you didn't ask for suggestions, I know, but you did hint that you were a bit fresh to the field and I was just kind of telling you what I'd do in the situation.

hey there, well weird feelings like, ill be sitting at my computer doing work, and it feels like someone walks right up next to me an watching me, enough to break my concentration of what i was doing. ill explain last night as its fresh in my memory, the power went out (which isnt paranormal) it just happends sometimes, but i took a few pictures since it was nice an dark an caught a couple orbs out of many photos, but it was time for bed, so i was laying down an ill hear bangs and pops thoughout the house, i usually end up writeing them off as the house settleing, or frogs jumping on the side of the house, but since the power was out, and no fan or AC i was able to get a clear listen, and it sounded like something hit the lamp shade, because the lamp shade has a distintive sound because of its hollow bell shape it kinda has a tone to it, and sounded as if it came from that area, i dunno what actually hit it though. i just went in there an hit the lamp shade myself to make sure it was the same sound and it was. it had the feeling like someone was in the room, but that im getting used to, sometimes its stronger feeling then other times. i tried getting to sleep and was sprald out with my hand kinda in mid air dangling off my BFs side, and it felt like something ran across it, not something completely solid like a persons hand , but what i can descibe as a pull chain from a ceiling fan doubled up an run across it, i moved to a comfortible position an was drifting to sleep but was awoke by the feeling you get when someones face is like inches from yours, so i turned over an finally fell asleep.

but that was high activity in comparison to usual nights, usually always at least minor feelings of someone around, i dont know why some times are stronger then others.

a friend of mine is very kean on energys an sensing spirits, and when i brought the fact i feel weird in the house to her attention she said that is why she doesnt come over much lol. she says there is a dominant presence in the house, but she felt it was rather dorment an was suprised i was getting any activity, but anyways so i dunno what all this is, and im a pretty rational person that just is having some irrational stuff going on thats all