Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oujua Boards?

Tallulah

I recently got a Ouija board from my mom as a joke present 'cus she knows I'm into Divination and stuff, but I've heard that only bad spirits communicate through them. Is that true?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boltwave

• FrankBlunt

• novaceleste

• bubs_satansreject

I recently got a Ouija board from my mom as a joke present 'cus she knows I'm into Divination and stuff, but I've heard that only bad spirits communicate through them. Is that true?

First of all you shouldn't even consider playing with the ouija, trust me, you won't attract anything good from it, no matter how much a certain spirit tells you that it is a good and beautiful spirit, you might want to read this story here:

http://www.circleofchristianwomen.com/my_testimony.htm

Seriously though, this isn't the first topic about ouija boards, if you want to find some of the familiar questions answered, do a search.

I was going to say the same things, specifically making note of the plethora of other ouija board threads out there. best case scenario, this thread get's merged! yay! worst case, it get's closed. :( I do hope you enjoy your board though.

Play with the board until it convinces you. There is going to be various people that is going to tell you to not mess with Ouija boards. However , they have no evidence to back that up. Think about that.

Keep the board, try with friends, and if you do sense or invite something malevolent ..be pleased that you know that something is out there with us and not alone.

Tallulah,

If you're interested, below is a post that discussed the benefits of Ouija and the flawed reasoning behind the "gun control" approach to the Ouija phenomenon.

Filming a Documentary

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=57888

Happy Reading,

Brian

Play with the board until it convinces you. There is going to be various people that is going to tell you to not mess with Ouija boards. However , they have no evidence to back that up. Think about that.

Keep the board, try with friends, and if you do sense or invite something malevolent ..be pleased that you know that something is out there with us and not alone.

That is one of the most foolish things I think you can tell anyone as given advice, it seems as though the way you seem to consider full-proof or safe is digging a mudhole pit and putting a bear trap inside, covering the opening with a bunch of leaves so that it goes unnoticed, but then again if someone hadn't known or was asking questions as to where beartraps might be you would respond by saying "ah don't worry about it, there's nothing out there, just a bunch of leaves and mud pits" but what if someone should fall inside and get their foot stuck in one of these traps? And what if the people most likely to accidentally injure themselves this way advise people not to take that certain route which leads to who else in hell knows what?

Please elaborate how people that give advice as to not play with ouija boards can't back themselves up, because I'm curios to know whether or not allot of people that have said such things are just plain loony or are they being sarcastic? Either way your right. :rolleyes:

Edited by Boltwave

Please, please, please be careful with what you may be getting into. I have used one in the past with my very best friend and nothing good came out of it. I mean there were some strange things happening at the time, but for a few weeks later she and I both had a terrifying feeling that something was following us. We had things that were miss placed. I think that there are safer ways of sommunicating with the other side. please consider all options before messing with a oujua board. :no::unsure:

Please, please, please be careful with what you may be getting into. I have used one in the past with my very best friend and nothing good came out of it. I mean there were some strange things happening at the time, but for a few weeks later she and I both had a terrifying feeling that something was following us. We had things that were miss placed. I think that there are safer ways of sommunicating with the other side. please consider all options before messing with a oujua board. :no::unsure:

Thank you! Someone agrees! :D

However I would have to say it's of best interest to not contact any spirit at all, it's none of our buisness until we get there, the dead should not be molested, actually, I shouldn't even been saying the "dead" I should be saying that demons shouldn't have a wide open door with a welcome mat at the doorstep that says "please enjoy your stay"

Good post though regardless :yes:

live in the sandbox ya built ~~~

anything outside one's self--is a tether to earth ~~

restricting dimensions ~~~

beware of confining self to a one-sided ignorance--

's thats where you'll go ~~~

spirits everlasting

Sure it is fine advice to rid of Ouija board if they have it, but in all the forums and threads about the O.B, there is not one shred of proven fact that it works(but only spooky "stories"). Think hard about that and accept realism whole-heartedly. It is not even used for a scientific tool for communication. The O.B. is not even mentioned in the bible. Most people really need to believe in something, and a Ouija Board is one of them. And it’s ingenuous to think that these boards are useful.

Ouija boards started in the mid 19th century when spiritualism became wildly popular in the United States and Europe. It became an obsession and most of the séances became “pranks”. Warn all you want, its not going to work. Keep the board. Our species need to grow up.

Edited by primordial

all i can say is be careful,me personally,i just stay away from them i don't even like to talk about them

Sure it is fine advice to rid of Ouija board if they have it, but in all the forums and threads about the O.B, there is not one shred of proven fact that it works(but only spooky "stories"). Think hard about that and accept realism whole-heartedly. It is not even used for a scientific tool for communication. The O.B. is not even mentioned in the bible. Most people really need to believe in something, and a Ouija Board is one of them. And it’s ingenuous to think that these boards are useful.

Ouija boards started in the mid 19th century when spiritualism became wildly popular in the United States and Europe. It became an obsession and most of the séances became “pranks”. Warn all you want, its not going to work. Keep the board. Our species need to grow up.

There are things not mentioned in the bible specifically, that is true, however the bible is a giant metaphor, it is neither specific, nor 100% literal, people need to identify what the difference is between the two when spoken or reading such a book, the bible has addressed this issue, but never in the direct sense, the bible says that no one is to worship idols or commit idolatry, not to worship other gods other than oneself, this is a generalization that at this time people were rebelling what was being taught (an ongoing political arguement even unto this day) it also gives the impression that seperate religions were being founded, it does not specify anything directly, it just says "do not worship idols or multiple gods"

The bible also says that we are not to tamper with anything supernatural unless it is granted by his permission, otherwise we cannot make of any kind of spiritual contact to reach any type of spirit under the influence of self-will or temptation of any kind, this power and force is the result of which is provided by Satan and all demonic power, he was the very first tempter, his title hence "the father of lies" it also says that he was a murderer in the beginning, he came to cheat, tempt, kill and destroy.

In the text it talks about serpents, scorpions, poisonous and evil spirits which roam the earth seeking after the exact purpose of that of Satan, to carry out evil and despair to anyone who wishes to seek after temptation, bring pain to others, have little defence against the devil and his demons, or invites any type of force which opens the door.

user posted image

~~my family revival ~~

~~ live copperheads ~~

've 0 trust factor of all man made

what's NOT an ouija board ???

Edited by voltaura

The O.B. is not even mentioned in the bible

The Ouija was invented in the 1950's, as was Wicca, so there is no chance that there would ever be a mention of it in the bible.

The Ouija was invented in the 1950's, as was Wicca, so there is no chance that there would ever be a mention of it in the bible.

1950's??????????????? :o:o:o

I highly doubt that it's been around for such a short time, I would imagine that the first American constructed board was probably distributed but the ouija board had to have been around much longer my dear :sleepy:

1950's??????????????? :o:o:o

I highly doubt that it's been around for such a short time, I would imagine that the first American constructed board was probably distributed but the ouija board had to have been around much longer my dear :sleepy:

They were popular during the Victorian Era which was in the 19th century and Boltwave is right. Nothing good comes from messing with one of those things. It is like a gun without a safety.

Lapi'che

u want sum good advice? GET RID OF IT ASAP. ouja boards r dangerous & shouldn't be messed with.

u want sum good advice? GET RID OF IT ASAP. ouja boards r dangerous & shouldn't be messed with.

I'd throw out the Monopoly board, too. Especially the dice and top hat place marker. One time, those malicious game pieces conspired to land me on Baltic Ave. costing me $60 for the worst hotel room, ever.

I heard you must accept the ouiji board with open arms, believe and accept the spirits, keep a clear STRONG head. Bad spirits may come in the way, but dont be scared, trust your instinct, they can't hurt you physically.

A friend of mine was scared of the spirit she encountered, and was haunted by it for weeks, and needed to make emence with it to get it to stop bothering her. So be careful, and make sure you have an idea of what you really are there for, a goal or question.

A friend of mine was scared of the spirit she encountered, and was haunted by it for weeks, and needed to make emence with it to get it to stop bothering her. So be careful, and make sure you have an idea of what you really are there for, a goal or question.

Kaknelson,

You're right on the money. The trouble is, the majority of those who choose to toy with the Ouija board are doing so because they are looking for a fear-based emotional high. Some of them receive a scare alright, but they don't stay high for very long, at least not the way they had hoped.

And as Voltaura was discussing earlier, the board is but one more material object to keep the human spirit tied to the Earth plane. So is this computer; ideally, I should have sent this message to you and others telepathically.

I used the Ouija board once or twice as a boy, but the guests had already arrived, so to speak. There was nothing more to fear. :devil:

I personally havent used it, i tried it with my brother and we couldnt take it serious. But if i was completely serious, with a goal or question for a certain spirit, i think i am strong willed enough to be able to get through the bad spirits... i dont need any emotional high Frank, thats what blunts are for..... i donno if u get my word play :D

I personally havent used it, i tried it with my brother and we couldnt take it serious. But if i was completely serious, with a goal or question for a certain spirit, i think i am strong willed enough to be able to get through the bad spirits... i dont need any emotional high Frank, thats what blunts are for..... i donno if u get my word play :D

I didn't take it seriously, either. However, the answer I received was serious. I'd asked if red dye #5 caused cancer.

The answer received? "In mice." Neither I nor the other person were thinking of this.

Apart from that, I witnessed plenty of sweeping, circular motions from the planchette, allegedly inspired by angry spirits. And what I said in regard to having nothing more to fear was from my boyhood perspective. It was prior to the spirits partying like it was 1999... in 1999.

I believe your blunt remark refers to the cigars...

Hmmmm... i find this intreguing Frank... you should try it again and tell me what happens... personally there i have a cabin at a lake where there is said to be gold stashed away... the stasher was Slumach (native), a notorious killer, who would come to town in the 1800's with gold which was supposidly from a mine he hid at the lake somewhere. He suppposidly would bring prostitues in his small boat and toss their bodies in the lake when he was done with them. He was later sentenced to death, and said anyone who ever attempted to steal his wealth (mine) would die... he put a curse on the stashed mine, and to this day anyone that has attempted going to find it has died... this is true. i thought of maybe calling upon Slumachs spirit on the ouiji board, and asking where the gold was... but since he is a killer, he may lead me into a trap of some sort... what is your take on this...? Im not scared of anyone, with God on my side spirits wouldnt faze me... anyways its 4:00, i need too goto sleep my friend. Goodnight.

o yea. the blunt thing. cigars... sure... :innocent: thats what i ment..Rasta Smile :D

Edited by Kaknelson