Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oujua Boards?

Tallulah

Hmmmm... i find this intreguing Frank... you should try it again and tell me what happens... personally there i have a cabin at a lake where there is said to be gold stashed away...

Sorry, Kaknelson. I haven't had the board in years. But if I did, I might ask about the dangers of Aspartame or Olestra. When women say "One-track mind", they don't consider men's concerns regarding the potential harmfulness of food additives.

...i thought of maybe calling upon Slumachs spirit on the ouiji board, and asking where the gold was... but since he is a killer, he may lead me into a trap of some sort... what is your take on this...?

You can't take it with you. If the spirit, or any living person, is dwelling for eternity over some silly rocks, I pity him. Are you afraid of a trap? hehe!

Im not scared of anyone, with God on my side spirits wouldnt faze me... anyways its 4:00, i need too goto sleep my friend. Goodnight.

Everyone has God on his/her side. But God allows many events to occur so that we may learn, grow, and overcome fears of things we never thought possible.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boltwave

• FrankBlunt

• novaceleste

• bubs_satansreject

This is a foolish thing to do, sure ouija boards have "special" abilities, but who's to say you need to go to a wooden board to solve your biggest problems? I have people all the time that say if you really need something in your life to change God can make it happen and he can take away even the worst of problems, you don't need a board to do that, it's what clearly falls under temptation and nothing more, it's the same concept as Adam and Eve who were tempted by the devil to take the first fruit, that of which was provided from the tree of life and forbidden of that time to take as their own, when they had done so and hadn't folllowed the instructions given by God, the two where banished from the garden of Eden, forced to work in a wasteland.

It's just a concept of temptation and idolatry period.

This is a foolish thing to do, sure ouija boards have "special" abilities...

It's just a concept of temptation and idolatry period.

Boltwave,

The Ouija boards have no abilities. Any form of power is in God's domain. The Ouija board is wood, while the planchette is typically plastic and felt. Any spiritual communication that may occur can be accomplished through dreams or astral projection.

I'd surmise that the only reason this topic continues to appear is due to members failing to notice Page 2, 3, 4...

And, no, I wasn't serious about food additive queries. I might ask how in the world Clinton got re-elected, but other than that...

Edited by FrankBlunt

First of all you shouldn't even consider playing with the ouija, trust me, you won't attract anything good from it, no matter how much a certain spirit tells you that it is a good and beautiful spirit, you might want to read this story here:

http://www.circleofchristianwomen.com/my_testimony.htm

Seriously though, this isn't the first topic about ouija boards, if you want to find some of the familiar questions answered, do a search.

I was 'plagued' for years by the paranormal, and I put it down to 'playing' with an ouija board, under a boyfriend's persuasion, as the event that started it off. Suffice to say, this thing focussed squarely on me (in the end it was me alone on the glass, which shot over gouges in the table it should have tripped up on) persuaded me it was my 'dream come true' soulmate, called me a 'vixen' and 'thin-lipped hussy' (words I'd never use myself!) and tried to get me to jump into the flood-swollen River Thames (we were parked right by the river)!!!

The only 'true' facts were ones I knew already. It may well have been my own subconscious, telling me my new guy wasn't right for me or something but I was certainly not suicidal! I think bad spirits as well as good ones can use our minds and we won't know which. ouija is too much an 'unknown quantity' to risk getting involved with, and I can't believe kids can still buy these things! Play video games instead - far safer!

I think if I were you, I wouldn't mess with the Board, it is definitely not a good idea although a few others might disagree but this is my opinion and I have heard many incidents about it from friends etc and many people already warned me about it.

If you really want to use the Board, at least look it up on the net and know more about it first so that you have an idea what you are letting yourself into.

ouija boards are just that boards. they don't have special powers or invoke demons. its all in your mind. people who say all these bad things happened to me after i used one are simply seeing patterns where there are none. it always the case that the human psyche tries to find a reason for events. thats why russel grant is so rich. chances are all the events would off happened anyway without the board,but the mind automaticly connects the two as your worried about what you may have started. but if you didn't care about the board the fact that your cat got ran over three weeks later would just be a coincidence. im here till thursday try the veal its excellent, thank you and good night. B)

It's true that loads of things can be just in people's mind.... I think many people who claimed that they have seen ghosts or that they are freaked out about strange things are usually letting their imagination run away with them but you can usually tell who these people are unless they are lying about their evidences.

But of course, many cases involved incidents that simply cannot be a trick in their minds/ imagination or coincidences. I think it is unfair to claim that everything in the boards are in peoples' imaginations.

For example, a friend of mine had a glass cup flying across the room. Is that a trick of the mind? A group of people saw it as well.

Edited by bubs_satansreject

Interesting.

Over the past week I have seen 3 movies where they used an ouija board, then I come on to this board and see this thread.

I haven’t thought about an ouija board for about 30 years…lol

What a “coincidence” ? Or, just good marketing?

Nah, no marketing…since the 3 shows were not related at all and I doubt the original poster has an “in” with the manufactures…

So, what is this saying? Nothing but coincidence?

I too do not believe that an ouija board has any “abilities” to do anything except sit there and look like a material item.

However, I do believe that the people behind it, the people who use it do use it for intent, are instrumental in what happens. What’s behind this intent is depending on “who” is using it.

You think bad scary things…you get bad scary things.

You think good…you get good.

However, your subconscious is at work and unless you know yourself so well so as to not think negative things and you are confident that nothing “bad” will happen, you could be “setting yourself up”.

Setting yourself up? Yes, we all have areas where we think or feel we’ve done something bad or wrong, so we set our selves up to “pay” for this… (You may even perceive playing with an ouija is bad…BAM! There you go, setting yourself up already!)

When using an ouija board, if this isn’t clear, (which in most cases most people are clueless about knowing themselves and are not all that confident they are surrounded by all good…or faith or whatever you want to call it)

Garbage and fears are deep in the subconscious. Everything negative you’ve read or heard about the board is in your subconscious.

How “you” will react is “YOU”.

What comes in is “you”…what you do with it is “you”…

Anything external, any forces, spirits, or whatever is all brought about by you and what lies deep in “your” subconscious and or higher consciousness.

What ever your faith or beliefs…

There’s where anything that’s “bad” comes in….nothing more, nothing less…

Change that to all good and positive….

I recently got a Ouija board from my mom as a joke present 'cus she knows I'm into Divination and stuff, but I've heard that only bad spirits communicate through them. Is that true?

The ouija board presents the same kind of threats that other forms of divination do. If you are familiar with other forms of divination, then you already know the type of threats you can encounter. There are bad spirits just like there are bad people. I really don't like it when people say "you should NEVER mess with those things they are EVIL" because they encourage fear of the spirit world. Bad spirits will take advantage of people with certain weaknesses, just like a bad person will, but that doesn't stop you from walking out the door everyday, does it? If you practice divination, then you know the proper way to prepare yourself.

Some people will always tell you that they are evil because that's all they've heard or experienced. A few bad experiences don't make the board evil, it makes the user unexperienced and the spirit willing to take advantage of that. I've been using the Ouija and other similar boards since I was a little girl, and I've never had any negative experiences. In fact, I know many people who have used it for longer than me, with nothing bad happening.

I also agree with alchemistic. I was always taught that the answers that the ouija board gives do not come from a spirit, but from your own subconscious. Anyone who has not done proper research on the subconscious can not appreciate how truly powerful it is. So, always be prepared to awaken something dark within yourself. And to make it clear, that doesn't mean that it's your "imagination" when things go bad. It's not, it's very real. Unlocking that door can cause many things similar to poltergeist activity. High Priestess training taught me that, and it also taught me that most of us have absolutely no clue what is buried in our minds. Every one of us have a dark side, a side that can say and do things that our conscious minds would never allow. That side can be more dangerous than any spirit if you can't cope with it.

Edited by Sweetsalem82103

The ouija board presents the same kind of threats that other forms of divination do. If you are familiar with other forms of divination, then you already know the type of threats you can encounter. There are bad spirits just like there are bad people. I really don't like it when people say "you should NEVER mess with those things they are EVIL" because they encourage fear of the spirit world. Bad spirits will take advantage of people with certain weaknesses, just like a bad person will, but that doesn't stop you from walking out the door everyday, does it? If you practice divination, then you know the proper way to prepare yourself.

Some people will always tell you that they are evil because that's all they've heard or experienced. A few bad experiences don't make the board evil, it makes the user unexperienced and the spirit willing to take advantage of that. I've been using the Ouija and other similar boards since I was a little girl, and I've never had any negative experiences. In fact, I know many people who have used it for longer than me, with nothing bad happening.

I also agree with alchemistic. I was always taught that the answers that the ouija board gives do not come from a spirit, but from your own subconscious. Anyone who has not done proper research on the subconscious can not appreciate how truly powerful it is. So, always be prepared to awaken something dark within yourself. And to make it clear, that doesn't mean that it's your "imagination" when things go bad. It's not, it's very real. Unlocking that door can cause many things similar to poltergeist activity. High Priestess training taught me that, and it also taught me that most of us have absolutely no clue what is buried in our minds. Every one of us have a dark side, a side that can say and do things that our conscious minds would never allow. That side can be more dangerous than any spirit if you can't cope with it.

Good post. :tu:

It all depends on the manner and reasons to contact spirits using a board. You obviously seem knowledgable on the subject, so I assume you knew the dangers, and the protections that are needed. However, if you get a bunch of high schoolers together looking for a thrill ride in the middle of a party, trouble can happen. In fact most of the people on these boards are those type of people, because lets face it, if you were actually knowledgable about Ouija boards, you wouldn't come to a forum asking what it is, and how to use it.

Use extreme caution before attempting any type of communication, in fact, read much about it before you dive in. Things can be opened, that cannot be closed or undone very easily. The best metaphor I can see for a Ouija board is a gun. It doesn't do anything until it's used, just an object, but when used carelessly or wrongly, you can open up a world of hurt.

Interesting.

Over the past week I have seen 3 movies where they used an ouija board, then I come on to this board and see this thread.

I haven’t thought about an ouija board for about 30 years…lol

What a “coincidence” ? Or, just good marketing?

Nah, no marketing…since the 3 shows were not related at all and I doubt the original poster has an “in” with the manufactures…

So, what is this saying? Nothing but coincidence?

I too do not believe that an ouija board has any “abilities” to do anything except sit there and look like a material item.

However, I do believe that the people behind it, the people who use it do use it for intent, are instrumental in what happens. What’s behind this intent is depending on “who” is using it.

You think bad scary things…you get bad scary things.

You think good…you get good.

However, your subconscious is at work and unless you know yourself so well so as to not think negative things and you are confident that nothing “bad” will happen, you could be “setting yourself up”.

Setting yourself up? Yes, we all have areas where we think or feel we’ve done something bad or wrong, so we set our selves up to “pay” for this… (You may even perceive playing with an ouija is bad…BAM! There you go, setting yourself up already!)

When using an ouija board, if this isn’t clear, (which in most cases most people are clueless about knowing themselves and are not all that confident they are surrounded by all good…or faith or whatever you want to call it)

Garbage and fears are deep in the subconscious. Everything negative you’ve read or heard about the board is in your subconscious.

How “you” will react is “YOU”.

What comes in is “you”…what you do with it is “you”…

Anything external, any forces, spirits, or whatever is all brought about by you and what lies deep in “your” subconscious and or higher consciousness.

What ever your faith or beliefs…

There’s where anything that’s “bad” comes in….nothing more, nothing less…

Change that to all good and positive….

I don't believe in coinendense. I think it is more A synchonicity, EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Kaknelson,

You're right on the money. The trouble is, the majority of those who choose to toy with the Ouija board are doing so because they are looking for a fear-based emotional high. Some of them receive a scare alright, but they don't stay high for very long, at least not the way they had hoped.

And as Voltaura was discussing earlier, the board is but one more material object to keep the human spirit tied to the Earth plane. So is this computer; ideally, I should have sent this message to you and others telepathically.

I used the Ouija board once or twice as a boy, but the guests had already arrived, so to speak. There was nothing more to fear. :devil:

I so agree with you that people are just curious!! But remember - Curiousity killed the cat. Throw the thing away!!!

It all depends on the manner and reasons to contact spirits using a board. You obviously seem knowledgable on the subject, so I assume you knew the dangers, and the protections that are needed. However, if you get a bunch of high schoolers together looking for a thrill ride in the middle of a party, trouble can happen. In fact most of the people on these boards are those type of people, because lets face it, if you were actually knowledgable about Ouija boards, you wouldn't come to a forum asking what it is, and how to use it.

Use extreme caution before attempting any type of communication, in fact, read much about it before you dive in. Things can be opened, that cannot be closed or undone very easily. The best metaphor I can see for a Ouija board is a gun. It doesn't do anything until it's used, just an object, but when used carelessly or wrongly, you can open up a world of hurt.

That is true. A bunch of kids (which I really shouldn't use that term, because I'm young enough to be called a "kid" by some. . .) getting together just to have fun might be more likely to come in contact with something negative, whether it be a spirit or their own inner demons. It's sort of a gamble, nothing could happen, something good could happen, or something really bad could happen. I started playing with the ouija boards when I was REALLY young, say around five or six, but I already knew how to use them because I had already heard plenty of stories about them and I had already read plenty on divination. I was the only one in first grade that had read a "real" book. hahaha. I don't think my teacher was too pleased when she found out it was a book on paganism. . .darn those "hippie" parents. . .

Edited by Sweetsalem82103

To say anyone has "control" over an "outcome"...

No one has that much power...say for some "higher power", whatever that may be to the individual (i.e...higher counciousness, thier God or whatever)

Use extreme caution before attempting any type of communication, in fact, read much about it before you dive in.

And, whatever anyone would read about anything, is so subject to the perception of the writer...

The best metaphor I can see for a Ouija board is a gun.

This analogy or metaphor causes me concern because as I see it, a gun can be misfired causing injury or death…dropped and cause an accident or death…many things that a simple “board” simply cannot do.

However, if you get a bunch of high schoolers together looking for a thrill ride in the middle of a party, trouble can happen.

Unfortunately this can also happen because every where excepts the use of alcohol, cars and extreme sports…these can cause more accidents and deaths then the use of a board...an ouija board cannot do these things, IT cannot do anything

But, this is where the parenting comes into play and teaching our young to respect all things, and keep their minds open…

I would tend to side with the people that say to stay away from it. One of these days I will post my experience but it's long so I'll have to save it for another day. It is unnerving, and it did make me lose some sleep.

Whatever is said here, if you want to experiment with it, you will. Stay away from graveyards and never do it alone. :no:

I would tend to side with the people that say to stay away from it. One of these days I will post my experience but it's long so I'll have to save it for another day. It is unnerving, and it did make me lose some sleep.

Whatever is said here, if you want to experiment with it, you will. Stay away from graveyards and never do it alone. :no:

Well said. I do think you should post your experience though, no matter how long. I think people need to hear it, it could change someones point of view and potientially save them from harm.

Bad spirits may come in the way, but dont be scared, trust your instinct, they can't hurt you physically.

Are you sure about that? There are many links on this board that point to peoples experiences where they were harmed either physically or emotionally (most of it is emotional as opposed to physical).

I was thinking of getting an Ouija board but after reading up on it decided against it. Why?

From this website (near the bottom of the page):

Never ask spirits to do harm to others.

Never use the board to control others - or have power over them.

From this other website

9) It is not a good idea to ask the spirits to carry out tasks for you. There was a recorded case of two girls who asked the Ouija board to carry out nasty little tasks for them-it led to the death of one of the friends they were mad at. In other words, be careful what you wish for.

This is kind of scary since I work in a high stress environment. Let’s say I get an Ouija board and one day I get really angry with my co-worker (again, I work in a high stress environment). So I go home later that night and decide to "play" with my Ouija board while still thinking about the person at work I got into an argument with. It would be really tempting to tell an evil sprit to go hurt that person and who knows what the out come would be. I would not want that on my conscience.

Then again, the thought of having control over that person does intrigue me...

Go act like a duck...now go act like a chicken...LOL. :)

TD

The Ouija was invented in the 1950's, as was Wicca, so there is no chance that there would ever be a mention of it in the bible.

actually goes back to mid-1800's ---predates spiritualism--before wicca ~~

divination is in bible --numbers 22:7 ~~

Edited by voltaura

Does anyone know if you can play "ouiji" by yourself? Or is Other ppl needed? Becuase playing with the ppl i have, none seem to take it very serious and just *** around. lol. :geek:

No one has that much power...say for some "higher power", whatever that may be to the individual (i.e...higher counciousness, thier God or whatever)

And, whatever anyone would read about anything, is so subject to the perception of the writer...

This analogy or metaphor causes me concern because as I see it, a gun can be misfired causing injury or death…dropped and cause an accident or death…many things that a simple “board” simply cannot do.

Unfortunately this can also happen because every where excepts the use of alcohol, cars and extreme sports…these can cause more accidents and deaths then the use of a board...an ouija board cannot do these things, IT cannot do anything

But, this is where the parenting comes into play and teaching our young to respect all things, and keep their minds open…

This is true about anything you read, why would this be different ?. Knowledge is not useless, the more you have of a subject such as this will allow you to come to your own conclusions, while adjusting or borrowing views from others.

We don't always have control over what happens, but we have control on how to deal with these "outcomes". Once again, with no knowledge on how to prepare or protect yourself, your setting yourself up for failure.

If you don't load the gun, nothing like this can happen. If you don't have someone in front of the board, nothing as well can happen.

actually goes back to mid-1800's ---predates spiritualism--before wicca ~~

divination is in bible --numbers 22:7 ~~

Actually boards similar to ouija boards have been used for centuries. The ouija as we know it is relatively new (1800's is sorta new), but talking boards have been around for a LONG time. Many ancient cultures used them or things similar to communicate with spirits. I think I remember someone saying that they used them in a game-like fashion like we do today.

I usually use my spirit board by myself. . .but it's not a ouija, it's another type of board. The pathfinder, I think. I don't think they are much different, though. I don't use it often, I prefer tarot cards and my Faery oracle cards, they're much easier to use. I usually do any divination in a circle, not only for protection from negative entities, but also because a circle is believed to be "in between" worlds, so it makes it easier to communicate with your higher conscious and/or spirits.

From my own personal experience with the ouija board the whole thing was a

complete waste of time. Nothing good or bad came from it. When I used it, and

this was a long time ago, whatever I contacted, if I contacted anything at all, was

either stupid, confused or just playing silly games.

However, if you really want to play with a ouija board I would suggest you be very,

very careful. I'm not sure what really happens when you use a O.B. I don't know

if you really contact anything from the spirit world or your subconscious coming

to the fore but from the experiences posted on this site it doesn't sound like some-

thing you want to meddle with lightly. So I say again, be very very careful when

using a ouija board. :yes:

I recently got a Ouija board from my mom as a joke present 'cus she knows I'm into Divination and stuff, but I've heard that only bad spirits communicate through them. Is that true?

They are not always bad you can have very negative responses from using one though if the good spirits can communicate then so can the "evil spirits"

I would reccomend not using one. I witnessed my dad get thrown across the room after attempting to contact someone. DO NOT MESS WITH THEM.