Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Purple Eyed Folk

IndigoChild

Man my eyes are so dark brown there almost black but that would be awsome to see a person with purple eyes walking around or to even know someone with purple eyes.

Don't know if this has been pointed out or not, but the whole "Alexandria's Genesis" things was concocted by a bunch of fiction writers for Daria fan fiction. (Yes, the short lived Bevis and Butthead spin-off cartoon)

Here's part of the fanfic backstory of it; http://www.outpost-d...urple_eyes.html

Parts of it, like producing no waste, are obviously fictional.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

Eye color is a polygenic trait and is determined by the amount and type of pigments present in the eye. Human beings have many variations in eye color.

The vast majority of the world's people have dark eyes, ranging from brown to nearly black. Light brown eyes are also present in many people, but to a lesser extent.

People with very dark brown irises may appear to have black eyes. This is fairly common in people of African, Asian and, Native American descent.

Hazel is usually used to describe eyes that contain elements of both green eyes and brown eyes, sometimes transitioning from green at the edges to brown around the pupil.

Among human phenotypes, blue eyes are a relatively rare eye color.

Grey eyes are (an often lighter) variant of blue eyes. A wide variety of shades of grey exist, from the almost white (light grey) to dark.

Green eyes are rarer than brown, blue, and grey eyes.

A variant of blue eyes, blue-green eyes are quite rare.

Violet eyes are extremely rare and a variation of blue eyes.

Heterochromia (also known as a heterochromia iridis or heterochromia iridium) is an ocular condition in which one iris is a different color from the other iris (complete heterochromia), or where the part of one iris is a different color from the remainder (partial heterochromia or sectoral heterochromia). This uncommon condition usually results due to uneven melanin content.

Eye color

My eyes are blue-green. I've had people ask if I'm wearing turquoise contact lenses. I'm rare! Yippee!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've seen about five people with bright purple eyes, I have cat eyes (bright green/gold)

Sorry folks, Alexandria's Genesis is a fabrication. A lot of it is outright impossible as well. It is possible to have purple-ish eyes. The only way to have truly purple eyes is albinism, and even then it isn't the rich violet of photo-shopped internet images. Elizabeth Taylor had blue eyes that appeared purple in most situations.

Alexandria's Genesis is unequivocally a fake. The author has outright admitted to fabricating it, and it never appears in actual scientific literature. Even for an understudied condition, you'd imagine it would be talked about outside of teen girls and their blogs.

http://33avenuemiquelon.com/alexandrias-genesis-fallacy-truth/

Its very rare but people can have violet-ish eyes. However, its usually caused by a mild albinism and blue eye mixture, mixing the red and blue together so it appears purpleish. At least that's what I remember.

Elizabeth Taylor had "violet" eyes but they were actually dark blue.

Real purple eyes occur with albinos

Elizabeth Taylor and I have the same shade of blue eyes. In some light they can look a bit purple...but they're actually more of a dark blue.

Aw, dang. Guess I can stop my quest to find somebody with purple eyes...