Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ouija Story

dancin'hamster

A nice little bedtime story for you all, courtesy of the lovely Tom Slemen...

One summer evening in 1977, a Liverpool priest in Skelmersdale was watching the 9 o'clock news in his quarters, when he was alarmed by the frantic ringing of his doorbell. He went downstairs and answered the door, and saw two schoolgirls, aged about 14 standing there. Both were trembling, and by the looks of absolute distress on the girls' faces, the priest could tell something was seriously wrong.

The girls said they had been playing round with a ouija board in an old empty house about a mile away. As the priest reprimanded the schoolgirls and told them off for dabbling with the upturned glass, one of the girls said "Father, the spirit has Jenny."

The girl said the figure of a man in black had appeared in the house and had grabbed Jenny by her hair and had put his hands around her throat.

Thinking that the so-called 'spirit' might be a violent vagrant who had perhaps been staying in the derelict property, the priest called the police, then he drove to the crumbling old house with the girls in the backseat. However, as the priest was travelling down the road leading to the house, he almost ran over Jenny, the girl he was going to rescue. She had been running from the old house, and she was in a dreadful state. Her hair was a mess, and her shirt was all torn. Her left cheek was criss-crossed with scratches. As the priest got out the car, Jenny let out a scream and yelled: "Father, he's coming after me!"

The priest looked down the quiet road and could see nothing, but suddenly he heard the sound of heavy running footsteps, and the sound was getting nearer. The priest grabbed Jenny and pushed her into the car. He got in and drove off with a screech of the tyres. The three schoolgirls were all crying and screaming as the priest drove off in the nick of time. A figure suddenly appeared in the road and the girls shrieked. It was a policeman who had responded to the priest's phonecall. He and two other policemen had searched the old house, and had seen a man at an upstairs window, but when they went into the place, the man was nowhere to be found.

The priest had words with the parents of the girls, and they were all grounded for a week. Jenny, the girl who had been attacked by a figure in the old house, had lucid nightmares after that traumatic night, and would often scream out in the middle of the night, saying the man in black was in her room. On one occasion, the girl woke up and allegedly found herself levitating high over her bed. On another occasion, Jenny's mother opened the girl's piggy bank and instead of banknotes found nothing but brown shrivelled-up leaves.

Sleep tight!

Hammy x x x

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dancin'hamster

• Cufflink

• Casper

• Night Breed

To be honest, I wouldn't have a ouija board in the house. I know that the things are harmless on their own, but then again, so's a gun.

The experience my mother's policeman friend had back in the sixties (I think you read it on the last thread about the ouija board) has made me very wary.

My grandparents used one on a regular basis, too. Apparently, the glass only moved for my mum (gulp dontgetit.gif ).

And this was when they lived in the haunted Barrack Street flats, back in old Hulme, Manchester. After a bit of research, I've found out, incidentally, that the barracks from which the flats get their name were probably the home of the Manchester and Salford Yeomanry, those responsible for the Peterloo massacre.

I rambling. Ignore me. whistling2.gif

no sweetie - you're not rambling!

I find the subject fascintaing, but I believe that it is the subconcious mind that moves the glass, not 'spirits'.

Hammy x x x

Hammy, do you believe the story? Where did you hear it? This is my own personal opinion but spirits cannot kidnap people. The most a spirit can do to harm a person physically is a small scratch on the skin. I would never touch a ouija board. I have family members that did and they brought out some disruptive spirits in their house.

Hi BabyF grin2.gif

The story is one of the lovely Tom Slemens' - he of the twinkly-green eyes.......!

Do I believe the story?

Nope.

Have I had my own experiences with a ouija board?

Yes - and I'd NEVER mess with one again.

I have my own little collection of stories from my book but am rather reluctant to post them as I'm STILL waiting for a publisher. The book is to raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Care as my mum died in a Marie Curie hospice.

Hammy x x x

I keep an open mind to this topic, but oujja boards have never worked for me, maybe because I've never gotten hold of an actual oujja board. Good ole write letters on a big peice of paper, use a glass lid and hope for the best never really worked for me. disgust.gif Oh well, I guess I'm just not spiritually sensitive, although I would love to be.

(not in a scary way mind you) crying.gif

Great Story!!!

I only tried to play with a ouija board once with my friend...

we were at K-Mart.....

and we were messing with the board.. it was one that was taken out of the box.. i tried using it alone.. but it would never work....

then i tried it with my friend but he started pushing tha planchte...

so i got mad.. and we left....

lol there wasn't enough time.. to play with the board...

But IM thinking of buying.. one.. from K-Mart and playing with it....

if you say GOOD BYE.. and go to goodbye... with teh planchete..

then i guess u close the gateway for the spirit.....

but yeaaaa i just want to play with one for fun...

not to try to use it evil reasons.....

• 2 weeks later...

I used to dabble with the Ouija Board a while back and nothing bad ever came out of it. I have used the board over 100 times and I can honestly say that on only 2 occasions have I ever know for real that I have been in communication with a Spirit. The other times the glass has been pushed by someone or nothing happend at all.

If it is communication you want there are far more reliable and safer ways of doing so.