Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cryptids of Kentucky...?

Taka

Sometimes it bothers me that no matter where, or how hard, I seem to look, I can never find anything interesting about strange or unusual animal sightings in Kentucky. "That's because they're all a bunch of pot-smoking hippies!" I would think that's enough reason for there to be more of them. ;o;

But, anyway!

Since I live in this very exciting place, I'd like to know where I can find more wonderful excitement in this lousy state. Aside from ABC sightings, a few Thunderbird tales, and a single lake monster (pfft, hardly known! I would pay you if you could tell me which lake it was in...--notreallybutokay), ehh, I suppose there's always the occasional bigfoot sighting. But I need more.

Something filled with exhilaration, something thrilling! Ehh, too much to ask for...I know. xD

If you could throw a news report, or story, web page...something...at me, I'd be forever grateful.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• artslave

• Taka

• louisvilleseeker

• Ignus Fatuus

Taka:

I'm surprised! Outside of Louisville (Jefferson County), there should be plenty of cryptids throughout the Bluegrass State. :D

Edited by science101

I supose it would be very cool if one could venture into the backyard and discover a new creature :D Probably can, just look at smaller things like insects.

There just is not that much left out there we do not know about. Humans heve been here for ages now, and we have managed to trek around a fair bit of this blue marble.

I live in Australia, and there is bugger all activity here too. Most of them happen on the way home from the pub. Bit discouraging, but, that's how it is. Chin up. Many wonderful things to experience in nature. Seeing, or trying something new is very satisfying. It's a beautiful world. Don't waste it hoping for more that is not there. Enjoy what we are fortunate enough to have.

Cryptids WHERE THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU

or

Cryptids WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU (UK censored version)

Hehe. :innocent:

Edited by psyche101

I'm surprised! Outside of Louisville (Jefferson County), there should be plenty of cryptids throughout the Bluegrass State. :D

Really? If you know of any particular sightings, I'd love to hear them.

And, since it is spring break around here, I think I'll see if I can get a ride around there...despite the fact I live in London. xD! (NOTBOASTING!)

(And, the lake monster in my first post is located in Harrington Lake--southwest part of KY I believe. Only one reported sighting, to my knowledge. Probably a log anyway.)

There just is not that much left out there we do not know about. Humans heve been here for ages now, and we have managed to trek around a fair bit of this blue marble.

Yeah... you are right. xD But, still, you'd think that there would be something worth looking into in Kentucky; other than meth labs.

._____.

Ah, I should just stop complaining. But, please, if you do know of anything, I would absolutely LOVE to hear it.

• 1 month later...

taka,

i live in louisville and for many years there has been a story about a bigfoot like creature seen near the railroad tracks in the pleasure ridge park area.supposedly it has been seen 4 or 5 times in the last 20 years?if i can find out more info i will let you know.thanks

One of the members here 'Artslave' has a Kentucky cryptid website. I am gonna email him and ask him to post the link.

Lapi'che

I'd love to know more about Ky too. I've been living in Ky for a little over 2 yrs, and I know very little about the state and any crptids that might lurk around here.

I grew up in NJ and let me tell you, thats one fun, weird state with all kinds of stuff to explore. I miss NJ.

Whoo, thanks Piney. :tu: Looking forward to seeing it.

(What an old topic, I forgot I'd even made this. :P)

Hey, Bella, sorry to hear that... Kentucky doesn't have much to offer.

It's like, a little-nothing town, that's actually a state.

I'd actually like to see something happen here, worth being in the news...

• 9 months later...
Whoo, thanks Piney. :tu: Looking forward to seeing it.

(What an old topic, I forgot I'd even made this. :P)

Hey, Bella, sorry to hear that... Kentucky doesn't have much to offer.

It's like, a little-nothing town, that's actually a state.

I'd actually like to see something happen here, worth being in the news...

Taka - KY has much to offer concerning enigmas of EVERY type. Much more so than the average person might realize.

UFO's, Bigfoot and Cryptids of every description all have a long history of encounters here,

http://kentuckybigfoot.com/

BMN

linked-image

Ernest Grubermann, Kentucky's premier cryptid expert, ponders his latest find.

Sorry. :P

Here are a couple of links I found to Kentucky cryptid sites. Hope there's stuff there you haven't found elsewhere.

Kentucky Cryptids 1

Kentucky Cryptids 2

Sorry, KFC was started in Calgary, so don't expect to see the ghost of Kernal Sanders in Kentucky.

But there are about a million threads intitled " Are there cryptids in <insert state or county>". If you are really that interested then just ask around or do extensive searches.

I'm in North Carolina and we don't have any good crypt's either so don't feel bad.....I think there's one BF sighting and that was in 1974, and i live by the place and never heard of it until a person on here told me about it...... <_<

But i'm from W.V. and i did live near the Mothman..Too bad i never got to see him....rofl....

Edited by isis-999

in kentucky? hmm i been to kentucky.. those aren't cryptids...those are just in-bred kentuckyians.. lol.. ahhh.. bad jokes..<3

NOT FUNNY CYRUS!!!!

new Bigfoot reports for Jan. & Feb., 2007 now posted @

http:www.kentuckybigfoot.com/

Sorry for being off topic, but I just wanna know a trivial thing: Did KFC really start in Kentucky? Thanks for the answer!

• 2 weeks later...

1. No, KFC did not start in Kentucky.

3. You're a **** for saying a bunch of in-bred Kentuckians up there...Have you ever even been to Kentucky? Seriously..WTF..

2. Glad I found this thread, I live in Kentucky. I found a good Footy story for my county and it said it had been reported by a known local drunk..And I can't think of any local drunks... <_< I've been asking around but it hasn't been working..haha. Well..any more news, fill me in.

Sorry for being off topic, but I just wanna know a trivial thing: Did KFC really start in Kentucky? Thanks for the answer!

No, it started in Calgary, Alberta.

• 2 years later...

Ok everyone lets keep the discussion civil and constructive. The OP was obviosuly joking around when claiming people from kentucky are all pot-smoking hippies. It is however an unnecessary generalisation which will offend some. Please do not respond to such generalisations with threats, bad language and so forth. I have already removed one post from this thread, I do not want to have to get involved further. Just stick to the topic at hand thanks. :tu:

I like the Kelly Hopkinsville goblin story.

I'd love to know more about Ky too. I've been living in Ky for a little over 2 yrs, and I know very little about the state and any crptids that might lurk around here.

I grew up in NJ and let me tell you, thats one fun, weird state with all kinds of stuff to explore. I miss NJ.

oo! I live in Princeton! (Know any good spots for legend tripping in the area?) Anyway, some quick research reveals that the main fare is reptilian: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Milton_lizard and aquatic http://www.geocities.com/cryptidwrangler/kycryptids2.html Good luck! Hope to hear if ya find any thing!