Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cryptids of Kentucky...?

Taka

Sometimes it bothers me that no matter where, or how hard, I seem to look, I can never find anything interesting about strange or unusual animal sightings in Kentucky. "That's because they're all a bunch of pot-smoking hippies!" I would think that's enough reason for there to be more of them. ;o;

But, anyway!

Since I live in this very exciting place, I'd like to know where I can find more wonderful excitement in this lousy state. Aside from ABC sightings, a few Thunderbird tales, and a single lake monster (pfft, hardly known! I would pay you if you could tell me which lake it was in...--notreallybutokay), ehh, I suppose there's always the occasional bigfoot sighting. But I need more.

Something filled with exhilaration, something thrilling! Ehh, too much to ask for...I know. xD

If you could throw a news report, or story, web page...something...at me, I'd be forever grateful.

I get you on that one, Kentucky sucks with being scary =/

except for that big hospital that i can never quite remember the name of

anything found is all paltry crap anyway

• 9 months later...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• artslave

• Taka

• louisvilleseeker

• Ignus Fatuus

okay, the best way to actually find out if cryptids exist in kentucky, and they likely do, the best way is to go out and find them. i am now considering starting my own cryptid hunter group... but alas. i have no money for this endeavor. and i was going to start with the goat man of pope lick. T_T im sure if i can get some support, i can do this, but until... not so much. T.T

I live in Booger Hollow ... "pet name" Kentucky.

Do cryptids live in Kentucky??? I do not know, I guess it all comes down to what you call a crypid.

Earthlights, Accoustic Bangs, Shadow People .. you bet your donk!!!

I have heard an 91 year old neighbor call these Earthlights Fairies ... cryptid enough for me.

Kentucky is a very interesting place ... believe me!!! Though you will not.

Edited by Ignus Fatuus

of course cryptide live in kentucky, its a heavily forested area. and not to mention the pope lick monster...

of course cryptide live in kentucky, its a heavily forested area. and not to mention the pope lick monster...

Pope lick monster???

Is this thing related to the Bogcreepers down where I live???

There is a whole valley of undisturbed, "no one builds houses on" .. "I do not go there" area which locals have labeled as haunted by what I have interpreted as plainly just being Shadow People!!!

Funny how even with no internet until the recent days ... Shadow People just seem to get around!!!

yeah, the pope lick monster. its the goatman of disputable origin that haunts a hundred foot high train trestle and the surrounding area. you can check google or wikipedia for it. very interesting.

<!--quoteo(post=1551933:date=Feb 20 2007, 08:28 PM:name=capoeiranger)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(capoeiranger @ Feb 20 2007, 08:28 PM) 1551933[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sorry for being off topic, but I just wanna know a trivial thing: Did KFC really start in Kentucky? Thanks for the answer!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, it started in Calgary, Alberta.

No,actually,the first KFC was in salt lake city ut in 1952,although col sanders started selling his chicken (what they now call the original recipe) in his resturant he opened in corbin ky in the 1930's

My link

No,actually,the first KFC was in salt lake city ut in 1952,although col sanders started selling his chicken (what they now call the original recipe) in his resturant he opened in corbin ky in the 1930's

My link

You are correct sir. It even says it on K.F.C's website if you look at "Original Recipe"

• 7 years later...

Little late to the party lol. While you all have prolly came across it there was the hopkinsville goblins. Also theres always been rummor of fish the size of vw bettle living under cumberland falls.

• 3 years later...

There is a lot of big foot and mothman. A few Lizard man Sightings, and Lesser known is The Mayking Werewolf, the Cherokee Park Gargoyle, and the Devil Monkeys. There are also rumors of catfish' the size of a school bus in the Ohio river.

Edited by 13younak

Mayking werewolf. Is that related to the alleged Land Between the lakes werewolf massacre?