Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

word became flesh and 'tabernacled' among us

tags

The tabernacle in the old testament is yet another pointer to Jesus the Messaiah. I expect much like the prophecy posts people will disagree that this foreshadows Jesus. But does all this cumulative evidence not add up overwhelmingly to point to Y'shua as messiah?

This site explains alittle, there are loads more.

http://www.ourredeemerlcms.org/christ%20an...0tabernacle.pdf

Also see Jesus shadowed in the passover story, and in the story of Moses lifting up the Serpent in the wilderness on a stick.

Edited by tags

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tags

• Beckys_Mom

• Sherapy

• Glacies

Top Posters In This Topic

The tabernacle in the old testament is yet another pointer to Jesus the Messaiah. I expect much like the prophecy posts people will disagree that this foreshadows Jesus. But does all this cumulative evidence not add up overwhelmingly to point to Y'shua as messiah?

This site explains alittle, there are loads more.

Also see Jesus shadowed in the passover story, and in the story of Moses lifting up the Serpent in the wilderness on a stick.

Oddly enough, the pattern of how the things were arranged were in the shape of a cross. I guess the reason why the Jewish people didn't Jesus is because they were blinded by physical rituals which led them to believe Jesus would be a king who would deliver them from Rome. They failed to see the Spiritual significance of all this to the Messiah's work. If one read's the Bible, they may realize that the office of priest was established before the office of the king. God was the King. So Jesus, being both High Priest and King had obligation to the Spiritual salvation before the physical salvation. If you don't clean the house out, it will only get dirtier. Thus is the ministry of the priest, to Spiritually cleanse the people before the people should enter into God's kingdom. The king's ministry comes after, by which leads them to victory against their enemies. Notice in the Bible that if the people had not obeyed God's commands, God would not support them in battle. Thus is the neccessity that the people confess and repent, so that they would allow God to help them. Also it was common that the people followed the example of the King, thus was the significance of Jesus's ministry, that people follow His example to be led in the correct observation of God's commands. Notice in the book of Kings that when they King messed up, the people messed up too, thus they were both punished. But if the King obeyed God, the people obeyed God, and thus they blessed when their enemies sought out to take their lives and land.

Guess no ones interested in this!!!!

Sorry folks! :blush::blush::blush::blush:

Tags I tried I clicked on the link you provided but the print (text) is really tiny I can't read it....and I cant find my specs anywhere...but its rather small :blink: sorry!!!

Tags I tried I clicked on the link you provided but the print (text) is really tiny I can't read it....and I cant find my specs anywhere...but its rather small :blink: sorry!!!

Its all in good working order here! :wacko:

Its all in good working order here! :wacko:

It's layed out in Adobe Reader and the text is really small.....unless you have 20/20 vision...in which case I dont :wacko:

It's layed out in Adobe Reader and the text is really small.....unless you have 20/20 vision...in which case I dont :wacko:

yay! i've got perfect vision! and i've given this article a read through, and i must admit it's fascinating, though perhaps a bit over my head...no, wait, i got it...almost...and...*click*there it is, ok, an interesting perspective or point of view, does anyone have a link, or for that matter the ability, to descibe to me the hebrew interpretation of said texts?

A quick question, playing devils advocate here (wow, what a fitting term in this forum)

since the NT was penned much later than the OT, could it not be said that a great deal of parallels drawn are from purposeful attempts to illustrate them? sorry, that was poorly worded, could the writers of the NT over years of translations have placed certain emphasis on different occurences in the NT, specifically for the purpose of making jesus appear the messaih mentioned in the old hebrew texts?

you can ignore that question, just letting my mind wander lol.

yay! i've got perfect vision! and i've given this article a read through, and i must admit it's fascinating, though perhaps a bit over my head...no, wait, i got it...almost...and...*click*there it is, ok, an interesting perspective or point of view, does anyone have a link, or for that matter the ability, to descibe to me the hebrew interpretation of said texts?

A quick question, playing devils advocate here (wow, what a fitting term in this forum)

since the NT was penned much later than the OT, could it not be said that a great deal of parallels drawn are from purposeful attempts to illustrate them? sorry, that was poorly worded, could the writers of the NT over years of translations have placed certain emphasis on different occurences in the NT, specifically for the purpose of making jesus appear the messaih mentioned in the old hebrew texts?

you can ignore that question, just letting my mind wander lol.

Glad someones read it at last!! :tu:

No you are raising the point that many here would probably debate. However is it not stretching the realms of credibility that so much of the ot gives oppertunity to draw comparisons to Jesus. At some point the evidence becomes so overwhelming so as to rule out this view. Over 300 prophecies then to match him to the tabernacle entirely consistent to the character of the person who 'fullfilled' the prophecies, then to match him to the passover, the serpent in the wilderness, the shadow of jonah three days in the belly of a fish, etc etc, while all the time keeping the theology consistent, the person the same and his character level and credible! I dont believe thats possible unless he was messiah!

Has any one else any views on the ot shadows and the Tabernacle in particular.

Some more sites on it. The original posted site is here again and some show the way the tabernacle would have looked.

http://www.bibletruth.net/florlane/Tabernacle/tabernac.htm

http://www.bibleplaces.com/tabernacle.htm

Edited by tags

Tags its yet another opinion saying the same old same old, it isn't groundbreaking there are hundred threads on just this subject....sorry .....

Tags its yet another opinion saying the same old same old, it isn't groundbreaking there are hundred threads on just this subject....sorry .....

Not trying to be 'groundbreaking' Sherri, just raising the point. Any thing constructive?

Edited by tags

the most important thing is, that the nt authors had 300 years to put whatever they wanted into it, making all kinds of referencec to the hebrew scriptures. main problem is, that the hebrew bible still persisted, and those nasty jews just wouldn't die out as expected, which puts a lie to the entire new testament, every word. and again, we have the imaginary event of the rending of the temple veil, recorded nowhere other than the gospel of matthew. Like the virgin birth, the slaughter of the innocents (which miraculously didn't kill off the six-months old John the Baptist), the census, the earthquake, the eclipse, the walking zombies attacking the city of jerusalem, just so much pure fiction, none of which is documented elsewhere. All fiction.

the most important thing is, that the nt authors had 300 years to put whatever they wanted into it, making all kinds of referencec to the hebrew scriptures. main problem is, that the hebrew bible still persisted, and those nasty jews just wouldn't die out as expected, which puts a lie to the entire new testament, every word. and again, we have the imaginary event of the rending of the temple veil, recorded nowhere other than the gospel of matthew. Like the virgin birth, the slaughter of the innocents (which miraculously didn't kill off the six-months old John the Baptist), the census, the earthquake, the eclipse, the walking zombies attacking the city of jerusalem, just so much pure fiction, none of which is documented elsewhere. All fiction.

They had three hundred years from when? What date are you working from Gideon? From Jesus died and ascended into heaven? You seem to be implying that the stories from the ot do correlate to Jesus,-at least we are getting somewhere!

If Jesus was Messiah surely we would expect these comparisons to be made!!!

What is your opinion on the tabernacle is it a shadow of the 'true' messiah,- who ever that may be?

Edited by tags