Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Very Strange Baby

crouton

Bizarre baby born in Dolakha

By Rajendra Manandhar

Charikot, Dolakha, March 29 - The birth of a bizarre-looking baby in Charikot, the headquarters of Dolakha district, on Wednesday, drew a huge number of onlookers to witness the astonishing sight.

The neck-less baby with its head almost totally sunk into the upper part of the body and with extraordinarily large eyeballs literally popping out of the eye-sockets, was born to Nir Bahadur Karki and Suntali Karki at the Gaurishnkar Hospital in Charikot.

The Karki couple is a permanent resident of Dolakha’s Bhirkot VDC.

The bizarre baby, however, died after half an hour of its birth, Suntali, the mother, informed. It was taken to the hospital after its death.

The news about such a baby being brought to the hospital spread like wildfire and there were hundreds gathered at the hospital to have a look. The police had to be deployed to control the crowd.

“We wouldn’t have been able to save it, even if it had been brought here alive,” said a nurse attending to the mother at the hospital, “This is an extremely abnormal case.”

The “baby” weighed 2kg at birth and was born after the normal nine-month gestation period.

Suntali, already a mother of two normal daughters, was not suffering from any illness during the pregnancy.

Nir Bahadur, the father, says he does not feel any remorse for the newly-born baby’s death. “I am happy that nothing happened to my wife,” he said.

Bizarre Baby

Warning: the first photo is disturbing!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• strangerthanfiction

• crouton

• 1Alchemy

• Nxt2Hvn

Wow, freaky.

The picture doesn't hit me as disturbing...

Freaky, sad..yes, those words apply...

It would be interesting to see what Dr's would say the malformation was/is...why it was and etc…Not that I trust everything they would say. But, it would still be very interesting.

And, what bothers me is that with stories like this…you hear them and then poof...they’re gone, and you don’t hear about them again

That is really sad. Has anyone found out what the doctors thought the deformity was? It doesn't even look real does it? It's really amazing what can happen. . .I feel really bad for the baby. . .it's a shame it died.

Edited by Sweetsalem82103

sorry, but to me this looks a little fake.

could be way wrong, but there's something about this that looks made up, like a jim henson puppet, or that mutant from total recall.

not fully convinced it's fake, but theres something not right........................ :hmm:

sorry, but to me this looks a little fake.

could be way wrong, but there's something about this that looks made up, like a jim henson puppet, or that mutant from total recall.

not fully convinced it's fake, but theres something not right........................ :hmm:

That's sort of what I thought. I HOPE it was fake, because that way no poor little baby would have died. . .but if it is true, it's really upsetting.

I don't think the people in this village could manage to fake a thing like this. I'm just worried that maybe he was given some help in passing. Although, I certainly wouldn't want to live if I was like that. And the nurse said they couldn't have saved him, so maybe it doesn't matter.

no,not a fake..that poor precious baby had anencephaly..

its sad,it sounds like no one loved that baby really..

and from someone who has lost many babies-

i find that EXTREMELY sad..they act like its a freak..

and parading it around in a bowl like that..*shakes head*

they have no respect or compassion whatsoever..-_-;;..

i find that EXTREMELY sad..they act like its a freak..

and parading it around in a bowl like that..*shakes head*

they have no respect or compassion whatsoever..-_-;;..

I completely agree with you. :hmm:

This combination of deformities is usually associated with exposer to DU (depleted uranium) rounds or radiation. The AFSC has pictures of Iraqi children, Ukrainian children ( (near Chernobyl) and Bosnian children that look like this. The doctor in the article is a liar. The child would of never survived had he been taken to the hospital. The saddest part is the villagers total disrespect for the corpse, parading it around in a chamber pot like a circus freak. :no::hmm:

Lapi'che

The saddest part is the villagers total disrespect for the corpse, parading it around in a chamber pot like a circus freak. :no::hmm:

Lapi'che

Well, what do you expect? It's a third-world country. They probably think this is a demon or something.

I assume the baby's already dead in those pictures? That's a horrible thing to do its body. But, that's what people like to see.

I am almost positive thats a Genetic Mutaion, probably a slide-shift insertion mutation. Sad hing is they are parading the poor boy around in a bowl.

I hate it when people crowd around someone just because they're different in some way or another. Reminds me of The Quints; the first set of quintuplets who successfully survived infancy and childhood. They were basically locked up in a room with a glass wall so everyone could look at them, like they were animals at the zoo. Makes me want to cry :cry:

Poor little guy. :no: Had he lived, though, he would have probably had a miserable life full of health issues and gawking.

awww, poor little guy. i feel saddened now. :(

Im not going to lie but i'd be scared to babysit him...but its not his fualt the way he looks :blush:

i agree with frogfish here there are so many illeagle genetic testing in these countries

is very sad though,...what makes me mad is the father had no remorse for his own child who was alive foe a half of an hour. i feel sorry for the wife with a husband like that.

boy im spelling real good tonight.lol

Edited by abecrombi

the father is a dam shallow @$$ hole! :angry2: if it was my kid i would not care what it looked like i would be grief stricken like hell :angry: first for it being born like that but more so because it died and the disrespect those people have. :angry2: i would have taken a shot gun and would be blowing of some heads if they even tryed that :angry2: i mean it was another human being for crying out loud :angry2: great now i'm all sad and p***ed of <_<

I think that has to be the saddest thing ever.poor baby.

Ok, cut the father some slack. What you are reading may not have been "exactly" what he said...so, just remember that.

He may have been trying to convey that he wasn't feeling remorse in that at least his baby wouldn't have to suffer and he was thankful that his wife was ok...would have been very bad to lose both.

And, as far as the baby dieing...no doubt it was for the better, since yes, he'd have had a hellova painful life ahead of him...emotionally and physically

As for the people parading him around, I don't get that, but I see no smiles. Probably some felt the same sadness as some of you...I dunno...rubber necks feel sadness too...Couldn't say for sure unless someone talked to the people there to find out why.

It could have or should have been handled in a more private manor though.

Something isn't right about it. It just doesn't look legit. It's like some alien from a movie.