Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jersey Devil expedition set for August '06

UM-Bot

news icon rFounder of the company Assailant-Studios Matt Haas is putting together an expedition and Documentary on the legendary myth The New Jersey Devil. The date is set for late August. The company and crew of the expedition are very excited to journey into New Jersey to find the infamous creature.

The story of the New Jersey Devil dates back a few centuries old to the early 1700’s.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Assailant Studios

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DamienPriest

• Idriss

• Piney

• UM-Bot

...A documentary...

...on the Jersey Devil?

:hmm: Eh...I may believe that all sorts of cryptids exist, but the Jersey Devil isn't likely to be around.

If anyone ever sees a cow or deer carcass hanging on a telephone wire, there is a logical explanation for that: thunderbird.

Anyway...

Great news!

Although I highly doubt its existence JD is one of my favourite cryptids of all time :yes:

I think the Jersey Devil could be a little far'fetchd. Think about it, a dinosaur like creature lurking in New Jersey, right above New York? probably not.

My thoughts about Mythical things:

Mothman: not very likely:no:

Jersey Devil: maybe:mellow:

Nessie: Probaly not <_<

Bigfoot: Who Knows :huh: He might not exist but I sure do believe in him! :)

UFOs: We are not alone :alien:

Ghosts: Yes for sure, there sprits from dead people! :lol:

Just letting you guys know, we're not doing a movie, its a Documentary. Two totally different types of film.

I agree that if it does not exist, it will be disappointing. Just think, if it is out there that we would have a huge discovery on our hands on a popular myth that's been around over 3 decades ago. I mean yeah, it sounds far fetched but look at the evidence of Nessie, Bigfoot, UFO's, Aliens, Champ, Mothman...ect; They have some evidence of their existence unexplainable it is still to this day that any of those popular myths and cryptids have been proven to be falsified, not yet at least. Until scientists prove they aren't real, they could very well exist.

That's just my opinion... I am the lead investigator of the Documentary, and hopefully we'll come back with some great footage and evidence that it could exist.

Matt Haas

Assailant-Studios

Edited by DamienPriest

so what was the first recorded sighting of the JD?! :hmm: and how did the story get around?! :huh:

The last sighting was seen a couple of years ago, but a lot of skeptics think if it did exist it could be dead. To be honest, a creature that old dating back to the 1700's has the unlikelyhood of living for that long. But you never know.

Here is a link for you guys, it has more of an in depth story or rumor of the story and different versions of its origin.

Link;

http://theshadowlands.net/jd.htm

The last sighting was seen a couple of years ago, but a lot of skeptics think if it did exist it could be dead. To be honest, a creature that old dating back to the 1700's has the unlikelyhood of living for that long. But you never know.

Here is a link for you guys, it has more of an in depth story or rumor of the story and different versions of its origin.

Link;

http://theshadowlands.net/jd.htm

thanks for the like DamienPriest :yes::tu: sounds to me a bit of an urban legend, i mean they can't even decided how it was "born" lol :wacko:

its nice to know that someone would actually take their time and money to find such creature. it more fascinating when a bunch of people that don't believe in such things to always take their time to read such subjects and have something ignorant to say about it.. as for me i'm more curious but good luck hope to hear from the documentary soon

:tu:

I am a hunting guide and tracker who lives in the very center of the Pine Barrens. I have recovered lost people and seen some weird stuff. I even guide for Mike Argano of the BFRO. The Jersey Devil doesn't exist. Oh! and that rag " The Last Broadcast" was filmed in New York.

Lapi'che

I am a hunting guide and tracker who lives in the very center of the Pine Barrens. I have recovered lost people and seen some weird stuff. I even guide for Mike Argano of the BFRO. The Jersey Devil doesn't exist. Oh! and that rag " The Last Broadcast" was filmed in New York.

Lapi'che

:yes:

hey Piney, how are your field expeditions going?

:yes:

hey Piney, how are your field expeditions going?

You didn't get the emails? I thought you were on the list. PM me.

Back on subject. There has been no permits filed with Shamong, Woodland, or Washington Townships or with either Wharton State Forest , Brendan Byrne State Forest, Penn State Forest, Bass River State Forest, Greenwood Forest WMA or the Red Lion State Police Barracks nor has any property owner of the Ocean Spray Co-op been informed for permission to film, camp, or hold any form of group activity by either Mr. Haas or any film company. This should be entertaining for the local law enforcement........

Lapi'che

I'd watch it. the jersey devil has always fascinated me. :yes:

• 2 years later...
I think the Jersey Devil could be a little far'fetchd. Think about it, a dinosaur like creature lurking in New Jersey, right above New York? probably not.

"right above New York?" Check a map. NJ is below most of NY, west and south of NYC. The area most know for the Jersey Devil is well south of all of NY in the Pine Barrens, east of Philly. I've read that some think that a certain species of crane, known to live in the Pine Barrens, has been confused as Devil sightings. These crane stand 7' tall. I've also read that this same crane has been confused as the Mothman. Seems they get around. =B^)