Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My watch keeps stopping!

dariaru05

:angry: This is getting expensive.

I've had 3 watches die in the past month. I've replaced the batteries in all of them and they keep stopping. What's up with this? Anyone else have this happen?

I've bought the batteries at different stores, so I know I haven't just got into a crappy run of batteries. Also, the watches run a little after I have taken them off of my wrist.

Could this be some kind of weird energy thing? This has happened to me before. It goes on for a while and then my watches run again.

Just curious and a little annoyed.....

try a wind up , or one of those solar new watches ( no idea what they are called)...If they stop than , you have some trippy issues :)

I've thought about getting a wind-up watch and will try this. I have wondered if there is something odd about me that is causing watches to stop and was wondering if any one else has the same problem.

I have heard of this before. I believe it has something to do with the amount of nickle in your body.

• Like 1

Maybe its your body electrical field, which is particularly strong, affecting electronical appliances, do other appliances get affected when within your range?

I have heard of this before. I believe it has something to do with the amount of nickle in your body.

That's exactly right. My father cannot wear a watch because of this reason. The odd thing is that it's been that way his entire life.

maybe buy a different model of watch?

Just ask someone the time ffs or the clock on the wall. Or a sun clock or whateva its called, i mean it would only work out side during sunlight but thats your problem :P

is there any particular time the watches stop? or just at a random time after you take them off. It is really creepy, wear other electrical stuff see what happens.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link, Bebi.

To answer the questions you guys have posed:

The watches are dying on my wrist. I notice that they run a little longer after I take them off, but they're ultimately dead. The last one stopped at 5:30pm. That specific time has no meaning to me.

I've also noticed the street light thing...turning off or on while I'm walking or driving under them. Thankfully, nothing else electronic is acting up around me.

As for having too much nickle in my body, I have no clue. How does one know about that?

Thank you all for your input.

then you ElecticMagnetic Field or something like that is high around you, i don't know about those things, but someone else might.

A couple of times now I've changed the batteries in a remote of ours (that always seems to die every few days) and they've been dead between being taken out of a brand new packet and being put in the remote. Each time my husband replaces them straight after me with two out of the same packet and it works fine :\ it only seems to happen with AAA batteries (the thin pencil ones).

Get a good quality watch. I have a kinetic watch. It's powered by movement. Haven't used it in awhile so it's probably dead, but give it a few shakes and it's up and running again. My brother has a eco-drive - powered by sunlight. Both of those watches require no battery and if those watches stop when they are fully powered then you can call it a mystery

I just had a thought. My experiences regarding electrical appliances and static electricity became worse when I was pregnant with my firstborn. At this time I also had to stop wearing silver as it would tarnish on contact with my skin. I still can't wear silver now, just gold. If I wear a silver ring or a necklace any longer than a couple of hours my skin goes black as well as the jewellery, and if I wear silver earrings my piercings get infected and weep (in fact anything that isn't gold has this effect on my earpiercings).

Bebi, with my last pregnancy, I had a really bad static electricity problem, too. I'd shock myself on everything. Sometimes even see the spark. :blink: It's fine now, but that's really weird. I stayed like that until after I had the baby and she was about 6 months old. Hmmm. I wouldn't think it would have anything to do with hormones. :hmm: Strange.

Edited by WannabeSkeptic

Who knows. Maybe you just had so much electrical build-up in your body, that it had to be released to prevent you from fainting, or getting a bloody nose, or something like that.

Edited by Morodin

I've learned something new today. So I'm guessing I don't have as much nickel cause I've had my watch forever. Really. :unsure2:

Well, a mans electrical level is always stable. It doesn't go into over limit, like a womans electrical level does when she's pregnant.

:lol: Oh wow. Man, did that sound sexist. Okay, Moro, is there any way you can explain that? I've never heard that theory before. Interesting. :innocent:

Well, a mans electrical level is always stable. It doesn't go into over limit, like a womans electrical level does when she's pregnant.

Morodin has an interesting theory that to be honest I've not thought of. Hormone activity is at a peak for both sexes during puberty and has been given as one of the explanations for poltergeist activity - it's not such a leap of the imagination to suggest hormones have a hand in this phenomena...

I don't find it a sexist remark to say that female hormones fluctuate more than male hormones, it's like saying pregnancy is sexist :P For a healthy ovulating woman the hormone fluctuation will obviously be more apparant than for a male of the same age simply because of the fact that the body in a sense is "getting ready" for pregnancy every time an egg is released.

Any males out there who experience electrical problems who have hormonal problems?

Edited by Bebi

:lol: Oh wow. Man, did that sound sexist. Okay, Moro, is there any way you can explain that? I've never heard that theory before. Interesting. :innocent:

Well, I read it in a health magazine. About a lady who reported her watch kept on stopping. And please, don't call me Moro, because that would be calling me a girl. Moro is a girls name.

:blink: Is it? Sorry. :blush: Okay, I wish I could read that article. It actually does sound interesting.

And Bebi, I was referring to him saying all men's electrical levels are always stable. I know women are fruity when they're pregnant. And yes, that was sexist, too. :lol: Sue me. :P

*scratches head in confusion* Is this a science class? Cause, if it is, I'm in the wrong room. Bebi, a man's electrical level is alway's stable, even during puberty. It never changes. It stays the same, all the way through a man's life until death, cause, a dead body can't produce electricity.