Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My watch keeps stopping!

dariaru05

Funny you should say that Cel; I had the same thought earlier today B)

Why would you want to do that? If your electrical level increases more than 50%, and you shock someone, you can actually paralyze them. Or, if your electrical level goes over 70%, you can kill that person, and even yourself. I know these kind of things because I'm constantly getting giant shocks by my T.V. in my basement. I got shocked by it one time, when I was about ten feet away from it, towards the side were the wall opposite the T.V. is, and my arm went limp, for half an hour, I couldn't do anything with my left arm. Whenever I tried to move a finger, it hurt so much. That's just an example of what the human electricity can do. So, just a reminder, don't mess around with your electrical levels.

I call BS. Did you know that the average static shock from a car door, or doorknob, is 15,000 volts? That's right, it takes 15,000 volts to make an arc of, say, a centimeter. Math time.

30.5 cm to a foot, so you were 305 cm away from the TV. To make an arc from the TV to you, would require 4,575,000 volts. Your arm wouldn't be limp: you'd be crispy-fried. The powergrid would be crippled. Your TV would burn, if not explode. Also bear in mind that household power supply is a mere 120 volts. :lol: That story is so clearly fabricated, I literally have difficulty disproving it because it's just common sense that these kinds of things can't happen.

Edited by angrycrustacean

Well, I tell you, my arm went limp, and it's not fried. And my TV in my basement is a really old and big TV.

Let me know if you find anything that works for you... :D

Both my mother and my cousin have the same problem with watches. Is it possibly genetic?

I don't know about myself, since I never wear them.

Hi Kitty, have you ever worn watches? What about other things like excess static etc?

Do you live near a pylon or somthing? The emp (electro magnetic pulse) could short the watch?

I don't think pylon has anything to do with watches stopping.

I don't think this link has been posted:

Electric People

Maybe it will help!

Good luck! :tu:

I've had the problem in two states in a variety of homes and only one of which had an electrical pole near it. No change but good suggestion, Jim. :tu:

I don't think that those magnet things would help much either. You know the magnetic stripping on credit cards? I wipe those out by sheer association. Boy was my dad irritated after he gave me two of his credit cards to do some shopping for him and, within a week, the magnetic stripping was gone on both. LOL

btw, Morodin...nice Uchiha Itachi avatar. :D

• 6 months later...

Get a good quality watch. I have a kinetic watch. It's powered by movement. Haven't used it in awhile so it's probably dead, but give it a few shakes and it's up and running again. My brother has a eco-drive - powered by sunlight. Both of those watches require no battery and if those watches stop when they are fully powered then you can call it a mystery

I see it's been a while since anyone posted here, but I'm curious to see how anyone else made out. I have been through 5 watches in the past 6 months, and after the 4th, I started to wonder. Just today the automatic/kinetic one arrived. I figured that with no battery, I couldn't kill it, but I looked a bit ago and it had stopped an hour before. I could have sworn there was a scientific explanation for this (but haven't yet found on online) and am kind of at my wit's end because this last watch I spent some serious money on. Part of me says who cares what time it is, I'm always late anyhow, but the other half is wondering what's going on. A $300 kintetic/automatic watch died on me after a pretty vigorous walk with the dog so it can't be that I wasn't moving enough or bought a cheap watch (I was buying cheap ones after a while because I was going through so many). How do you drain something that doesn't have a battery? I'm really at a loss here and was hoping someone had come up with an answer. I don't live near any pylons. I do tend zap things with static electricity, though (but it's that time of the year). I suppose you could say I'm pretty energetic (consuming vast amounts of coffee so maybe slightly hyper) but I'm normal other than than killing my watches!

Actually kinetic and solar powered watches both have batteries, just FYI. Energy created by moving the kinetic watch is stored in a battery cell, as is energy collected from light.

I suppose it's not so much a battery as it is a capacitor, but for simplicity's sake...they have batteries.

I don't wear watches anymore for the reason that they go dead too quick. The strange thing is thought that after a while of not having them on they come back to life. The discarded watches in my room will start their alarms going off again after about a month of me not wearing them.

I gave up on wearing a watch many years ago when I was young. I use a clip on for my keychain and one for my purse. There are some nice ones if you take the time to look around for them.

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

woahh wow

maybe you can use like what they say automatic watches.....so that ur electrity will go in the watch and use it to

propel itself

This seems like quite a comon thing with people and watches.

Thermostats and light bulbs also.

Thermostats and light bulbs also.

Jesus Im learning more and more everyday that this crap I go through is actually strange. I hadn't noticed until someone mentioned the street lamps. Then there was the watches, the light bulbs, the thermostats, and the shocks. I have all these problems but hadn't thought twice about it. Maybe everyone experiences this but doesn't acknowledge it, cuz it took me this long!

A recent thing that was strange to me was how the sign outside my store burnt out and it was the only one out of the whole strip plaza. I told the landlord and it was fixed (this was about a month ago) and now its fading and flickering again.

The other day I actually got pictures of the lamp posts that went out as I drove by. After reading about the wind and who knows what else to set them on and off I don't believe it was me, but it was strange. Just driving along and about 5 of them just went out one by one as I passed by lol. IM A FREAK OOOH! :rolleyes:

Nice to see this thread back ^_^

I'm still having problems, if I handle any batteries they seem to drop charge. I'm not having so many pc/lightbulb problems as I had, but the battery thing is getting very boring now... We've switched to rechargeables, and even the new ones (2 months old) are more or less useless now. We've got about 10 - 12 rechargeables and they're all not charging up now. We've bought a new charger and that's not the problem *sighs* I can't remember the last time we were able to use our digital camera, it only takes about 2 photos before the batteries drop too low to power it.

Hello,

I don't know if anyone has given you this answer yet, I got to page three and figure I just posted. I have this problem with clocks and watches. I can wear a brand new watch for about 2 months then it stops.My alarm clock in my bedroom will last about 7 months and my car clock only lasted 9 months before it stop working, sometimes I have problems with lights going out, but not to often, something other applicants but it takes alot longer, a watch is on your body. My family took me to a doctor when I was in middle school. The Doctor told me it isn't adnormal but it is not normal either. They called it "nervous energy" he said that is a misleading name for it because it doen't mean your a nervous person, but they really didn't know what to called it, that was quite of few years ago, maybe they have a better name now. But, basically what is happening is that your body reflects radiation from the batteries (energy it giving) and after time of your body reflected this energy back at the watch, it stops working, it breaks down. Well, I told the doctor, That makes sense and all, but why does the light and music still play or work on my watches. He asked me if my watch was digital or not, I said no it is not, he said (i can't remember the exact words) but something to the effect, that when your body reflects this radiation it doesn't necessaily hit the battery, it stop all mechincal parts and the part that makes the hands go around. I can't explain quite right. HE said digital will last longer. I notice that digital does last longer, but like he said everything will go out when digital finally breaks down, some people who have a problem with watches has no trouble with digital. My alarm clocks are digital they do last longer, but when they break, it is over completely So, basically stop wearing watching (or if you haven't already try digital), don't spend any more $$ on them, there is no cure, it is your own body. If you have trouble with the alarm clock by your bed, put it across the room, but always get a spare one around (unused and brand new), so you will have one when the one your using goes out.

Just have to accept that you can not wear watches.

Edited by Tehuti

I have heard of this before. I believe it has something to do with the amount of nickle in your body.

thats what i heard aswell

I was thinking about this in relation to how IMO spirit energy affects batteries, lights, electrical appliances. If the same happens and it has something to do with peoples energy fields in the physical, then it doesn't seem so odd that it can happen with spirit/residual energy.

Thanks for the imformation Tehuti, it gave me some good ideas, and insights. It makes perfectly good sense, and Im glad to finally have an answer (well, a good enough one anyway). Looks like you had a good doctor!

• 4 weeks later...

I just had this discussion with my husband tonight and he thinks I am crazy. I could never wear watches. They always stopped - he bought me an eco-drive watch and it is the only kind I can wear. Now I've noticed the clocks in my car are always too fast. I reset the clocks, within weeks they are about 8-9 minutes fast again. I'm glad to hear there's somebody like me out there.