Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lucid dreaming and dreamscaping.

I am

I can lucid dream, it happens so often. Do you find it's often accompanied with false awakenings(dreams within dreams within dreams etc...).

I find this happens a lot more(and lucidity in general) when I'm napping and notice myslef falling asleep. I had a particularly scary experience when i woke up for like the 5th time and then experienced what can only be described as my consciousness or mind being twisted and i thought i was dying, but then woke up for real. Even stranger i went out for a ciggarette straight away and randomly saw one of the people i spent most of the main dream part speaking to.

I can lucid dream, it happens so often. Do you find it's often accompanied with false awakenings(dreams within dreams within dreams etc...).

I find this happens a lot more(and lucidity in general) when I'm napping and notice myslef falling asleep. I had a particularly scary experience when i woke up for like the 5th time and then experienced what can only be described as my consciousness or mind being twisted and i thought i was dying, but then woke up for real. Even stranger i went out for a ciggarette straight away and randomly saw one of the people i spent most of the main dream part speaking to.

WOW! Great story! I have had some lucid dreams. I think your story is very intresting. Could you maybe go into more detail?? I'm curious about different kinds of dreams, astral projection, lucid dreams. I have not heard of anyone that can dreamscape.

Ok, well it was about 7-8 in the evening and i was shattered so i decided to lie down and pobably drift of for a while as i often do. I fell asleep and entered a dream where i was in some sort of club/pub.

With me were a group of friends most of which who are at college with me in the years above. Now i can't remember the exact order, but things would sort of repeat themselves-

i would be in the pub part speaking to the person i was on about(Sam), and then i would walk into what could be described as a kitchen in a sort of house party scenario- this happened a few times. Each time i would be in the kitchen, Sam's best friend(Nick) would for some reason have a different animal with him like a spider or lizard I seem to remember it being his birthday.

Now, inbetween these bits I would wake up on my ben in the same position as i fell asleep and presume myself to be awake. however since waking up for real i know that i couldn't of been for several reasons. Now one of things that happened for real is that i woke up and turned my music off. but after that i woke up again and turned my music off. But it wasn't my computer, it was my friends Mac that was playing the music and it was in a different part of my room. I would keep waking up, doing something with the Mac(turn music off, other things but i can't remember, probably nothing that makes real sense).At one part my friend whose mac it is in real life was there also.

Anyway, I'd wake up fiddle with the computer, go back to bed and be either in that kitchen or bar. And similar but different scenarios would unfold lasting seemingly a few minutes each. After a while though i woke up on my bed, and then a few seconds later woke up again, then again(getting faster and faster) until it kind of spiralled out of control and it felt like the inside of my head was melting and i was suffocating or something- just a generally unpleasant experience.

It was then that i woke up for real and went outside, quite disturbed by the experience and saw Sam walking past to the shop. He was off to his friends birthday do at his house(not Nick, but one of the same group which i had no idea about before this meeting). I decided to walk to my friends (whose mac it was) and tell him, cause it was so weird and i didn't particularly want to go to sleep again.

This was by far my most bizzare dream and i can remember it quite vividly(as most lucids/nested loop dreams as i call them).

Ok, well it was about 7-8 in the evening and i was shattered so i decided to lie down and pobably drift of for a while as i often do. I fell asleep and entered a dream where i was in some sort of club/pub.

With me were a group of friends most of which who are at college with me in the years above. Now i can't remember the exact order, but things would sort of repeat themselves-

i would be in the pub part speaking to the person i was on about(Sam), and then i would walk into what could be described as a kitchen in a sort of house party scenario- this happened a few times. Each time i would be in the kitchen, Sam's best friend(Nick) would for some reason have a different animal with him like a spider or lizard I seem to remember it being his birthday.

Now, inbetween these bits I would wake up on my ben in the same position as i fell asleep and presume myself to be awake. however since waking up for real i know that i couldn't of been for several reasons. Now one of things that happened for real is that i woke up and turned my music off. but after that i woke up again and turned my music off. But it wasn't my computer, it was my friends Mac that was playing the music and it was in a different part of my room. I would keep waking up, doing something with the Mac(turn music off, other things but i can't remember, probably nothing that makes real sense).At one part my friend whose mac it is in real life was there also.

Anyway, I'd wake up fiddle with the computer, go back to bed and be either in that kitchen or bar. And similar but different scenarios would unfold lasting seemingly a few minutes each. After a while though i woke up on my bed, and then a few seconds later woke up again, then again(getting faster and faster) until it kind of spiralled out of control and it felt like the inside of my head was melting and i was suffocating or something- just a generally unpleasant experience.

It was then that i woke up for real and went outside, quite disturbed by the experience and saw Sam walking past to the shop. He was off to his friends birthday do at his house(not Nick, but one of the same group which i had no idea about before this meeting). I decided to walk to my friends (whose mac it was) and tell him, cause it was so weird and i didn't particularly want to go to sleep again.

This was by far my most bizzare dream and i can remember it quite vividly(as most lucids/nested loop dreams as i call them).

very intresting, thanks for sharing. Do you have any other experiences??

Yeah, quite a few, although mostly tidbits. Oh, I just thought of a better way to describe the weird thing that happened at the end of that dream- imagine conciousness as a bubble, mine turned into a swirling lavalamp of sorts.

Anyway. I remember one lucid dream, i was in some sort of city and there was some great destruction- like a pillar collapsing or something, but i was aware it was only a dream so i wasn't bothered. I remember going into a video game or video store and saw people raiding it, and i was telling them that it was silly because it was all just a dream and they won't get anything out of it. I also remember generally going around to people telling them they didn't exist and they were all in my head. I was returned quite some puzzled looks from my dream population.

Another nested loop dream, I dreamt that, i fell asleep and in the dream my friend came in and we started smoking, then i woke up and he was there, and i was like 'too funny i just had a dream that you came here and we started smoking', then we did and went outside and i started flying so realised i must still be dreaming...

Another lucid dream i was walking with bunch of girls from my old school in this forrest, and i became aware i was dreaming so i decided i'd go and get on them :P but then one my good female friends was telling me that i couldn't just go around doing that. I was saying that it didn't matter because i was asleep but i agreed and stopped anyway.

A couple of days ago i had a lucid dream and I would fly up really high and it would be like Wikipedia with links just... there, only it wasn't text they were links to actual events... I'd go back to the ground and would be normal but went back up it would be this strage encycopedia world...

Once i felt my conciousness expanding out of my body, and becoming EVERYTHING, in a dream(can't remember if it was lucid or not).

Many other times are just very similar to those above, usually involving flying and sex and fun stuff. I think I might use future lucid dreams to more worthwhile things.. but i don't know what like. Maybe try and gather some knowledge i couldn't possibly know.

I'd be very interested to hear other peoples lucid/spiritual/generally far out and vivid dreams. They interest me very much.

The only time that I fly in my dreams in during a lucid dream. I really would like to know how to have more lucid dreams. I feel so much more rested after I have a lucid dream or astral project. Any ideas on how to increase my lucid dreaming???

A few things that i think help with lucid dreaming- all through the, but especially just before you are going to sleep, be conciously thinking of the idea of lucid dreams. When drifting off, tell yourself you want to have one, or you are going to have one, imagine yourself having one. Research about them for a while before, drill it into your head.

Another thing, is when you are falling asleep be aware of it. This is difficult because most of the time when you realise you mind is going off one one and you approaching sleep you(well, I) tend to jolt awake, or just suddenly realise and i stop drifting. Try to seperate your experience with what you are experiencing.. what i mean is, try to listen to your thoughts like a radio rather than be your thoughts. And the same for mental imagary. Sort of.. stand back and look at them rather than be ingulfed.

Also, like I said before, it seems to be easier when sleep is disturbed, or light, so if you get overcome with tiredness at a point in the day/evening when you wouldn't usualy sleep, go have a nap and do one or both the things above. Thinking about it, lucid dreams are a mix of concious decision and an unconcious world, so they are probably a state of being between awake and complete sleep. So, try to dip into unconciousness while keeping some of you above the water, so to speak.

Some people say dream recall, keeping a dream diary, and making notes of things which are likely to remind you that you are dreaming are good. I've never bothered, but it sounds like a good idea.

Hmm, i remember when i was new to lucid dreaming, i would usually realise i'm dreaming and be like 'great' but then it would slip away and i'd try to hang on but it would just go, and i'd eitehr be awake or dreaming regularly. That kind of fits with the being between asleep and awake, as it could be thought of as slipping fully in, and with practice and experience gets more famililar and easier to hold it... but i dunno.

But yeah, as for flying, it's kind of a standard thing for lucidity, as often i'll find myslef thinking, 'hang on i think i'm dreaming, i'll try to fly.. oh sweet i can that must mean i am' sorta thing.

One last thing, i really want to astral project- what is a good method to achieve this? and how can you tell it's not just a dream(lucid or not)?

• Like 1

My cousin told me about his dream yesterday. He said that he was walking alone in a city and he walked into a weird store and that there was a set of hitler movies in a box under a chair and nobody notice, so he took one hitler movie, and he started walking home and there was a power outage and all the power lines fell down and then they wraped around him really tight!! so he really started to pray for god to save him but god did not anwser or save him.

He also said the dream was very real and he felt the pain around his ribs... :unsure:

So what do you think about that??

A few things that i think help with lucid dreaming- all through the, but especially just before you are going to sleep, be conciously thinking of the idea of lucid dreams. When drifting off, tell yourself you want to have one, or you are going to have one, imagine yourself having one. Research about them for a while before, drill it into your head.

Another thing, is when you are falling asleep be aware of it. This is difficult because most of the time when you realise you mind is going off one one and you approaching sleep you(well, I) tend to jolt awake, or just suddenly realise and i stop drifting. Try to seperate your experience with what you are experiencing.. what i mean is, try to listen to your thoughts like a radio rather than be your thoughts. And the same for mental imagary. Sort of.. stand back and look at them rather than be ingulfed.

Also, like I said before, it seems to be easier when sleep is disturbed, or light, so if you get overcome with tiredness at a point in the day/evening when you wouldn't usualy sleep, go have a nap and do one or both the things above. Thinking about it, lucid dreams are a mix of concious decision and an unconcious world, so they are probably a state of being between awake and complete sleep. So, try to dip into unconciousness while keeping some of you above the water, so to speak.

Some people say dream recall, keeping a dream diary, and making notes of things which are likely to remind you that you are dreaming are good. I've never bothered, but it sounds like a good idea.

Hmm, i remember when i was new to lucid dreaming, i would usually realise i'm dreaming and be like 'great' but then it would slip away and i'd try to hang on but it would just go, and i'd eitehr be awake or dreaming regularly. That kind of fits with the being between asleep and awake, as it could be thought of as slipping fully in, and with practice and experience gets more famililar and easier to hold it... but i dunno.

But yeah, as for flying, it's kind of a standard thing for lucidity, as often i'll find myslef thinking, 'hang on i think i'm dreaming, i'll try to fly.. oh sweet i can that must mean i am' sorta thing.

One last thing, i really want to astral project- what is a good method to achieve this? and how can you tell it's not just a dream(lucid or not)?

I do keep a dream diary. It has been really helpful in other aspects of my life. I do appreciate your suggestions, I will give them a go. Astral projection is something I have experienced since I was 11, I'm now 32. It has always been very natural. I can't control when it will happen. I really want to have control. I have been studying it for a few months now. The one thing that I can say is that it seems to happen more when you are extremely tired. I did it all the time before I had to quit working. I was a florist and during the two week Valentne crunch I rarely got 5 hours of sleep a night. The difference between astral and lucid, I have found is that in the astral you are in a place like you have never been before. There are new colors and entities that you wouldn't see in the physical. Also, when you are exiting your physical body you may experience catalepsy, or sleep paralysis as some may call it. When you return to your physical bosy you usually have a sudden jolt that some have said feels like someone is pushing you down. I feel like it is more like being hit by a truck with a sudden force. It doesn't hurt, but it can be unsettling.

Astronema, I have no idea what that could mean, only that you can't always look to other people to help or save you, so think about stuff before you get yourself in sticky situations. In my belief, God is not a seperate entity, and everyone is a part of it- it's not really God, it's everything - creation - so you need to look to yourself to get you through the hard times.

Or maybe it was just a regular nightmare(although I'm sure all dreams have meanings).

Novacelste, I have experienced sleep paralysis a few times and it usually scares me somewhat and i force myself to wake up because i feel like i can't breathe. I need to learn to stop, think and control these situations and see where they take me...

For me getting enough sleep sometimes helps, but I have had lucid dreams under very little sleep as well.

I've flown in hundreds of dreams, but i can't recall having lucid control over them...but dreams within dreams as mentioned in a previous post are all to frequent in my case.

when im dreaming and some ****ed up Sh** happens i kinda relise im dreaming then i just karate things and fly around.

dreamscape ? i dont think thats possible.

when im dreaming and some ****ed up Sh** happens i kinda relise im dreaming then i just karate things and fly around.

dreamscape ? i dont think thats possible.

I'd usually agree with you about dreamscaping, but I know for a fact that my sister can do it some times by accident.

Also, if you eat chocolate does it help you lucid dream? I heard it helps your body produce more serotonin which makes more melotonin, and both of those are supposed to help lucid dreaming.

I'd usually agree with you about dreamscaping, but I know for a fact that my sister can do it some times by accident.

Also, if you eat chocolate does it help you lucid dream? I heard it helps your body produce more serotonin which makes more melotonin, and both of those are supposed to help lucid dreaming.

I don't eat chocolate. I know of some herbs that would help, but I won't say which ones. Not that I'm am being arrogant or selfish, I don't think it is approprate.

We call people who go into others' dreams Dream Walkers. I guess this came down through the Shawnee and Cherokee branches. I have only known one in my life, I am not young, and I have been around a lot of people involved in the paranormal.

I knew this one was real because those whose dreams he entered were not all friends, and I saw these people talk about him showing up in their dreams when I knew it was impossible for him to have contacted them beforehand. It was the statements made by one who was commonly known to be his enemy that was the most convincing, as this person had made it a habit to try to cause him trouble and would never have taken part in any deception to help him with anything.

I do not think that I would want to dream walk as one morning he awoke with a horrible wound from large claws about the size of a bear's across his shoulder. I was there up awake all that night doing work and knew he had not left the apartment. Even if he had, it was in the middle of a city. Unless he managed to sneak past me and break into a zoo I have no way to account for this. He said he had fought with a demon.

The Dream Walker is defintely in my top ten most strange paranormal experiences.

I do not think that I would want to dream walk as one morning he awoke with a horrible wound from large claws about the size of a bear's across his shoulder. I was there up awake all that night doing work and knew he had not left the apartment. Even if he had, it was in the middle of a city. Unless he managed to sneak past me and break into a zoo I have no way to account for this. He said he had fought with a demon.

The Dream Walker is defintely in my top ten most strange paranormal experiences.

Wow, that's pretty intense. Was he an indian?

I have tended to find that, in lucid dreams, I'm using my hands to reshap things, at will. Just by pointing at them, say for example meeting people or friends and asking them what they would like? Changing wood, into gold, etc. I think it might be because I use my hands alot in Reiki, that it kind of subconciously happens. I don't really hold much by lucid dreams, as it seems that everyone can do them!

Wow, that's pretty intense. Was he an indian?

Partly indian. He has very reddish skin and has the strangest hair I have ever seen on a person. It does not grow straight out but grows at an angle through the scalp and comes out at an angle. You can see it laying under the scalp skin for about an fouth of an inch before it comes out. He has an odd shaped skull also. There are two pronounced ridges above his ears on either side of his head. He has a horrible time trying to get his hair to look right, bless his heart, and I helped him to find a style that masks the ridges but there is no doing anything much with the strange way his hair grows out. Pretty much most hairstyles are designed here for black African or white Euro type hair.

Partly indian. He has very reddish skin and has the strangest hair I have ever seen on a person. It does not grow straight out but grows at an angle through the scalp and comes out at an angle. You can see it laying under the scalp skin for about an fouth of an inch before it comes out. He has an odd shaped skull also. There are two pronounced ridges above his ears on either side of his head. He has a horrible time trying to get his hair to look right, bless his heart, and I helped him to find a style that masks the ridges but there is no doing anything much with the strange way his hair grows out. Pretty much most hairstyles are designed here for black African or white Euro type hair.

That's interesting, is he into paranormal stuff?