Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lucid dreaming and dreamscaping.

I am

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet, I just had a lucid dream last night! :D So now I know I can do it, :yes:

i lucid dream all the time and for the past 3 days i have been in dreams and changing bodies, like i turn into another person in my dream at least 4 maybe 5 times, and perspectives in my dreams i don't know whats that's called B)

Also, if you eat chocolate does it help you lucid dream? I heard it helps your body produce more serotonin which makes more melotonin, and both of those are supposed to help lucid dreaming.

Really, because I've always wondered about serotonin and its effect on dreaming. I know dopamine has an effect.

I have always been able to lucid dream! I can choose what dream I want, when ever I fall asleep im lucid and I can choose from any dream, i know the dreams are random but I can choose it! It's great!

• 4 years later...

I have Dreamscaped once. I was having a dream, and then my dream shifted and I was observing another dream. When I woke up I discovered that I had been dreaming my husbands dream. I loop dream alot. Mostly it happens during a dream about zombies..yeah..zombies. I'm stuck in a hospital overrun by zombies and I have to get down a hall way and out through the bathroom..only I keep messing up my exit and being eaten, and my dream resets at the end of the hall. I also have dreams where I see things that haven't happened yet, but I'm not sure what thats called.

If dreamscaping is the same as sharing dreams then I think I can. I've had a few good experiences which made me a believer in sharing dreams. One I call Red Paint which I've posted a few times here. It was a shared dream with my son which made me really take notice of them.

I've told this before I think but I had a dream maybe a year or so ago where I was walking around my house in the early morning and it had been spray painted(like vandalized)with red spray paint. It was painted all over the walls and the doors and just everywhere and I was in shock because I didnt know I was dreaming and I was just thinking who would do that to my house. Anyway I was walking through the house just looking and I stopped in a certain room and was thinking how the red paint was done how a child would do. Like the drawings and the words were written by like a 4yr and I was just in shock kinda and was trying to work it out. Anyway then my son ran into me which made me go lucider and I asked him about the paint and he said that he had done it and that we were dreaming or something and he was just running around having fun painting everything. I dont remember much more after that but just feeling relieved that my house wasnt trashed and it all just went white and the dream ended.

Anyway in the morning I asked my son first(without speaking of my dream)what he had dreamt(which I always do).. and he told me about how he dreamt that he was running around the house painting everything with red spray paint. I asked what else happened and he said that I leant down(which I think is when he bumped into me)and that he kissed me on the nose and a fairy came out. And that was pretty much his dream.

So I told him I was glad we were dreaming.

So imo there was no way we would both dream this kinda thing the same night by chance. We wernt painting the house at the time or anything either in real life. So for us both to dream this I honestly dont think was just a fluke.

I've had others as well and some are different but almost along the same lines. Like for example I have only dreamt of our old Prime Minister(Kevin Rudd)twice I think in my whole life and one of the dreams with him in it I was given a gift by him. Then the very next morning it was his birthday which I didnt know. And I dont think it was something they wouldve said on tv beforehand or anything for my subconscious to pick up on. So it was weird because he gave me a gift on his birthday. Here is the dream below as well if anyone is interested.. I've posted it before.

21st sep. 2008

I remembered a short dream I had last night. I dreamt I was standing with the prime minister of Australia(Kev).. and he was offering me a gift. He wanted me to take an athame but he gave me a choice out of two. The one on the left was new and was really shiney silver and gold, while the other to the right was like an old WW1 bayonet or something(dark army colour). I reached for the fine looking one just because I wanted to look at it but he gave me the other one instead and said this one was actually better because it was like a legendary one compared to the shiney new one which had no experience. It was like when someone hands over the key to the city but it was a bayonet and it was for all of Australia. I found it odd also that today apparently is our prime ministers birthday(which I didnt know until just a moment ago).. but he was giving me a gift.

And Kevs birthday is on the 21st September. See. Which I honestly did not know. So I dont know what you call that.. if it is sharing dreams or what but it stood out for me, which is why I dont forget it.

Edited by Kazahel

Hadnt realised this was such an old thread but my experience might be helpful.

As a young person, (well pre teens) i learned to lucid dream by accident, and then by practice. Gradually, through hard work, i learned how to create and control dreamscapes (i always thought that was my word until i read it somewhere else, lol)

For me, this is what it meant; By day I would plan and organise my dreams for that night. When I went to sleep, i would enter my dreams through a dream portal, which always made me aware i was entering my unique dream scape, then i would enter one of the many realms i created (and had linked by oher portals so i could move from one dreamscape to another without waking up but if i did wake up i could often stay awake for say 5 minutes then just go straightback into the dream) i even referred to them as my realms.

My dreamscapes started as a young child, populated by animals that wore clothes and spoke and were largely forests jungles and ëxotic natural places, but all "únderground "

As a young adolescent i created a huge alien saucer, half submerged in our local bay, but still containing live aliens. (Remeber this was back in the late 1950's)

I also created a "maniac mansion" or haunted house with many mysteries, secret tunnels ghosts etc But some of my favourite dreamscapes were variants of my fav. tv shows By the mid 60's I was creating and populating then living in, nightly episodes of startrek, the samurai, and robin hood/ivanhoe, where sometimes i created a scenario and just let it go, and sometimes scripted the whole thing. As an older teenager i started creating more erotic dreamscapes but, as a famous character once quoted, "Nuff said""

I thought everyone dreamed like this, and it was only as i progressed, and thought carefully about it, that i realised how i did it. Now i can read topics on lucid dreaming and see that I was very lucky to stumble on the procedures and be able to develop them.

Ancillary dreams went on to include obe projections right around the world where i witnessed things that it was impossible for me to, without being there. Not only could i fly in many forms, I "invented" first a seat belt, and then a force bubble, to keep me safe while doing Immelman loops/rolls on a flying carpet. I learned how to meld with solid objects and thus how to travel through castle walls, and even considerable distances of solid rock.

I learned how to ride dragons, from single man to huge war dragons with a crew of a dozen or more, and how to link telepathically with them. I was an ai on a needle ship, a sailor on a lightsail ship, and explored the universe simply through obe projection. Some of my best childhood memories are flying past nebulae and through the centre of our galaxy where the night was almost as bright as day from the close proximity of the suns, and where light sail ships were a common form of interstellar transport. Others involved hunting pirates in the mediterranean, both on roman galleys, and in british men of war during the napoleonic period.

I was fortuante as a young person in the 50's to have a freedom undreamed of by modern children So for example i rowed out onto the water of a local bay alone from the age og 6 or 7 and went fishing. There i internalised the play of water and light and memorised sound and smells. These were integrated into my dreams to give veracity to them. Skin diving, likewise gave a real sensation of floating/flying at will, which i suspect transferred into the sensations of flight (watching aarly superman shows also helped) and, for example, i learned of immelman rolls and the effects of centripetal force by reading biggles books from the age of 3 onwards.

So all my realities supported and reinforced each other. Even wide awake i could call on my reading or my dreams to enhance the reality of mundane life at schoool.

Now, nearly 60, i am re-learning these skills to entertain me in my "old age" It means every night is filled with fun and entertainment, and i can remember and talk about my dreamscapes as easily and completely as my awake world. (even if it bores my wife to tears)

As a child i had to be a little careful, because the 3 worlds i occupied; the shared world of reality, the dreamscape world, and the world of my reading/imagination, were initially indistinguishable.

( I suspect this has something to do with the very limited contextual experiences of young children, so that all realities are less distinguishable through learned expereincee and established contextual realities. Eg a young child is not absolutely sure that they cannot fly in real life.

All possessed the same quality of reality (Sound colour taste feel etc were identical) of the waking world; only the physical laws were differnt. Thus it became critical for me to develop reality checkers to determine what world i was in. This actually helped me refine my lucid dreaming into controlled lucid dreaming, and then into creating dreamscapes.

Edited by Mr Walker

I had another lucid just a few nights ago. Sadly, I can't get mine to become super clear like others can, and I can't control them either

I had another lucid just a few nights ago. Sadly, I can't get mine to become super clear like others can, and I can't control them either

Keep working thorough the procedures as outlined on the wiki page on lucid dreaming. They are all helpful to varying degrees, and individuals will find they can adapt and choose elementn which suit them. The more yopu talk about, and think about, your dream world while awake, the better chance you have to have more lucid dreams.

The more yopu talk about, and think about, your dream world while awake, the better chance you have to have more lucid dreams.

Yes thats true.

You know Mr Walker I have always been interested in how we seem to have similar experiences in regards to lucid dreaming.. Like for one example I always remember your shotgun wolf story was very similar to my katana wolf dream. Did you ever notice that too?

Here is my original post taken from this old thread here. ( 31 May 2006) I had shared it years before though on another forum too but this is the original off this site.

Hmm, but they do exsist in the dreaming world. I look at it more of connecting to your animal spirit side or something. I guess I will just tell you what I had happen and you can make of it what you want. I would like to say first up that Im not someone who liked wolves and thats why I dreamt them etc. I just happened to dream them and I followed the flow of the dreams as I was learning to lucidly dream. I'll just try keep it quick..

I used to dream that I was being chased by a creature through a forest. It had been hunting me in my dreams every now and then for over maybe a year. Usually I couldnt see it because I just kept running.. anyway this one time I found myself in like a break in the woods where a house was and basically to keep it short I got to see the creature which was a huge wolf like thing just like outta the movies. It killed everyone very quickly and as I was trying to climb away it saw me and lept onto me with its teeth into my shoulder. I freaked out and woke up.

Then because I was learning to control my dreams really well I kept telling myself that next time that wolf came I would stand up to it and slay it because I was very focused on that kind of thing at the time. I was learning martial arts etc. Anyway it came back a few months later and because I had trained myself to stand up to the fear of it, I did. As soon as I dreamt the creature it triggered me into having a fully lucid dream so I slayed it. I was on a jetty at night and as it ran towards me I reached behind my back and pulled out double uzis and blasted it, which only slightly slowed down its attack run. So I pulled out a long chinese pike thingy and pinned it extremely quickly before sidestepping and cutting its head off with my katana. It was very fast and nicely done if I may say so. I saw the head floating in the water and it had turned back into a human head which was female.

Ok so I had FINALLY slayed this creature that had been stalking me for ages. It felt great! it was one of the best dreams.. action packed and just plain cool. I was very happy because I had no other nightmares.. I had killed my nightmare in a lucid dream. I knew I had been biten by the wolf though and I guess that mustve sunk in because the jetty dream was a 'there can be only one' kind of dream. Anyway so the next time I had a lucid dream I just knew I could go wolf.. I had taken the coat from the kill kinda so I used it.

So I shapeshifted in the lucid dream very easily into what I call a standing wolf(werewolf). What I noticed straight away was the power feeling and the animal nature take control over the normal mind. Over the years I mellowed and my standing wolf which is very much a fighting wolf became the running wolf(a normal wolf)because I really love to run and its apart of a technique I made to trigger me into both lucidity and wolf at the same time. I found that if I run with my hands during a lucid dream it makes me shapeshift into the wolf and I run even faster. So now when I run in normal dreams, I run on my hands naturally to go fast, which inturn makes me go lucid and wolf at all at once. Which is pretty clever I thought.

Anyway I choose to think about them in a dreaming way which does kinda effect the waking world through changes in the dreamer imo. So to me they are.. kinda real.

And here is your story which is very similar.. The oldest I could find was taken from here. (12 March 2007)

As a child I had a recurring nightmare where, coming through a thickly wooded forest, along a narrow and overgrown path, i came to a fork in the path. As I approached the fork, a large wolf jumped down out of a tree, which was right on the fork and was itself forked. Night after night, year after year, this damn wolf jumped out ; either waking me up or eating me alive. After a few years i became more aware of dreams and symbology, and also learned how to control/create lucid dreams for myself. One night i was coming down this path, when i decided to take matters into my own hands. I pulled out a large gauge shot gun , (a 45 magnum is the dream weapon of choice, because it can destroy anything ,even mind controlling aliens, but i figured a shot gun would do the job nicely) and altered my path in the dreamscape to come up behind the wolf, who was quite visible from the rear perspective. I said "hello wolf", and as he turned around, with a very suprised look on his face, i said, "goodbye wolf" and blew him away. Needless to say I was never bothered by that dream again. I would have been 10-12 years old at the time, and had just read a science fiction novel, by a well known author, in which a young boy is troubled by dream monsters. His father equips" him with a 45 magnum in his dream, explaining in the real world that this will destroy any monsters encountered in dreams. Later in life, as a space ship captain, his ship is attacked and nearly overcome by telepathic entities which take control of the crews' minds. The captain is also almost overcome, but ,remembering his father's advice, he conjures up the image of a 45 magnum to overcome the telepathic attack. I have always been gratefullthat my father actually encouraged eclectic reading, including science fiction. Oh and I worked out for myself that the wolf represented my own fears at the looming divergences occuring in my life(represented by the fork in the woods) These included the onset of puberty, and moving from the known (primary school) to the unknown (high school) Even the narrow, windy and overgrow path could be seen as the subconscious imagery of a young person trying to make sense/find their way through the complexities of everyday life.

So its fascinating that we dream so similar sometimes. Maybe I shouldve posted this in the coincidence thread though or something.

Edited by Kazahel

Yes thats true.

You know Mr Walker I have always been interested in how we seem to have similar experiences in regards to lucid dreaming.. Like for one example I always remember your shotgun wolf story was very similar to my katana wolf dream. Did you ever notice that too?

Here is my original post taken from this old thread here. ( 31 May 2006) I had shared it years before though on another forum too but this is the original off this site.

And here is your story which is very similar.. The oldest I could find was taken from here. (12 March 2007)

So its fascinating that we dream so similar sometimes. Maybe I shouldve posted this in the coincidence thread though or something.

Im impressed by your ability to find and correlate such old posts :tu: It must have been an old post of mine, because i stil hadnt learnt the virtues of writing in short paragraphs.

I am not rally suprised by the symetry of the dreams. Peole's minds work the same, and many great ideas and concepts come, over time, to differnt peole.

And when one is aware of the links between conscious and subconscious thought, then logical deduction leads one down similar paths. But yes, it is fascinating to see the similarities. I would be interested to know why you used a katana. For me the shotgun was the best weapon to blow away my wolf and my fears.

Yet i had a long association with japanese history and mytholgies and actually made my own ninja stars as a young person and set up a target system in my dads shed to practice throwing them.

Im impressed by your ability to find and correlate such old posts :tu: It must have been an old post of mine, because i stil hadnt learnt the virtues of writing in short paragraphs.

I am not rally suprised by the symetry of the dreams. Peole's minds work the same, and many great ideas and concepts come, over time, to differnt peole.

Thankyou, yes I'm good at remembering things when they are similar to what I've experienced. But I am still surprised at the similarities.

And when one is aware of the links between conscious and subconscious thought, then logical deduction leads one down similar paths. But yes, it is fascinating to see the similarities. I would be interested to know why you used a katana. For me the shotgun was the best weapon to blow away my wolf and my fears.

Yet i had a long association with japanese history and mytholgies and actually made my own ninja stars as a young person and set up a target system in my dads shed to practice throwing them.

I was training in Taijutsu back then and I was learning katana as part of the syllabus. I first used double uzi on the wolf though and I just reached behind my back to create them but that only slowed it down. Then for some reason I pulled out a chinese spear thingy and spiked it just before I cut its heaad off with my katana. It all flowed very well and without hardley even thinking. I'm not sure why I created the spear though because I hadnt learned that(or even thought of it)and the double uzi was just a favorite of mine and something I wanted to create.

But yeah the katana was because I was training in it I guess. And we were taught that it is an extension of our arm.

Edited by Kazahel

I have Dreamscaped once. I was having a dream, and then my dream shifted and I was observing another dream. When I woke up I discovered that I had been dreaming my husbands dream. I loop dream alot. Mostly it happens during a dream about zombies..yeah..zombies. I'm stuck in a hospital overrun by zombies and I have to get down a hall way and out through the bathroom..only I keep messing up my exit and being eaten, and my dream resets at the end of the hall. I also have dreams where I see things that haven't happened yet, but I'm not sure what thats called.

Just so you know, the thread you commented on was 4 years old (just for future reference).

How many times have you had that dream and died in it? Think it means something (the common occurances)?

Edited by Agent. Mulder

• 2 years later...

I can lucid dream, it happens so often. Do you find it's often accompanied with false awakenings(dreams within dreams within dreams etc...).

I find this happens a lot more(and lucidity in general) when I'm napping and notice myslef falling asleep. I had a particularly scary experience when i woke up for like the 5th time and then experienced what can only be described as my consciousness or mind being twisted and i thought i was dying, but then woke up for real. Even stranger i went out for a ciggarette straight away and randomly saw one of the people i spent most of the main dream part speaking to.

that happened to me last night i woke up ( still in my dream) and realized because i woke up in my own bed when i was actually at my friends house so then i knew i was dreaming from then on

I just roused some kid for trying to screw around with demons/angels and power forces and stuff. So I thought I'd go into a little detailed because my excuse of not touching weiji or angel boards or anything of that possessive nature involves either a Lucid or I was Dreamscaping but you be the judge.

I had a friend in high school, he is/was goth (not to say thats a bad thing but it's not me(haven't spoken to him in quite some time so I don't know if he is still or not) but anyways we were both into anime and weird **** so we drank together a fair bit. One night we were sitting there we weren't absolutely hammered, but drunk enough to start talking about personal stuff you don't usually speak of. He confessed to me that he had played with weiji when he was just starting out with the whole darkness scene, something clinged on and was still lurking. To add he said he noticed personal changes in attitude towards things pursued the demonic bible and read thorough all stuff that was intentially wanted to happen at this stage. He also gave me a name, Enkei who I did a bit of research on after this experiance wasn't a pleasent being... well for those sorts, I'm not really one to delve into the whole god/angels/demons scene, I acknowledge that it's quite possible but through my beliefs (agnostic) it is not something for me to be involved with untill it is my time. We kept talking and he showed me his book and several others things. Everything remains good.

I go back home after a weekend of being at my friends place, the first couple of nights everything was ok but my room felt just erie like their was an entire audience there, very stuffy other various creepy things. Then the third night... the dreams. I walked what felt like days into nothingness. All of a sudden I stopped like someone was gently holding me back. A room appeared in front of me like the cubed shape I was watching it, just in front of me nothing seriously wrong here. Then a chair appeared in the room and it sort of turned it what I can only explain as an interrogation room. My friend appeared sitting on the chair with his hands tied behind him. Then I watched a very old monster/demon pretty much torture him very fast, I couldn't see any blood just this motion blur around him, he had the emotions like he was being scratched with claws. Every time this thing would stop it seems as to be gesturing to stop talking, hand over the mouth, shh signs, ect. he was not making noise though so I think the gestures are the underlying meaning here. Needless to say it felt like I was made to watch this and could not wake myself up, my astral self just really wanted to know what was tinkering in his head.

I did pass a message to him the next day when I seen him, to add to this he was very quite and distraught that day already by the looks of it. But I had an urge to tell him that he will be fine just to shut his mouth. He weirdly understood as the week went on he went back to his usual gloomy self.

But yeah take what you want from it, this and my regression tower are the two most powerfull dreams I can remember. IMO I think it was more a warning to myself of what can happen when one delves where they shouldn't. They way I see it we are here, our souls are here, our guides are here and bliss is here. It is not our business, hence we live they fight. If they actually do tie into the celestrial universe, demons and angels that is in that exact context. I personally lean towards my spirits and guides when it comes to the paranormal but do not doubt it's existance.

That was interesting to read. I love these old threads.

I also have dreams where I see things that haven't happened yet, but I'm not sure what thats called.

That's very similar to deja vu... I have that experience very frequently. I don't usually remember it when I 'dream' it but as soon as I experience the scene again I remember it.

I do luicid dream quite often. Sometimes I can do more things, other times I can't change much. I usually either make myself fly (which is my fave!) or stop something from happening that I don't want. Like if I'm having a dream that seems to be turning into a nightmare, I realize that I'm dreaming and I go 'no... this needs to be happy' and it ends up just being really weird instead of creepy.

I also think I may have astral projected a few times in my youth but I haven't accomplished it for years. I do remember that everything had a different color spectrum (grass was blue-ish green, trees had a faded red color on the leaves, yellow was somewhat more dingy) and the people weren't.. people. They were different somehow. They also constantly kept getting mad once they realized I wasn't like them, or I wasn't supposed to be there. Then I'd run away and wake up.